The pet Mouse

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Graevarg.4871

Graevarg.4871

Just a thought: Although some Ranger-players don’t enjoy pets as they exist thus far, Anet insists that Rangers MUST have a pet to play. Then I am casting my vote for adding a Mouse as a pet. It stays in my pocket so it needs no 3D model. It is a purely support pet with a handful of utility-oriented squeaks that heal me or warn me of danger. If it is disabled it just lies there all crunched and broken in my pocket until I have a chance to deal with it. Problem solved! Everybody is happy, right?

Don’t laugh – the idea is nowhere near as silly as a legendary bow that shoots unicorns and rainbows.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

You know . . . it’s not a bad idea for those that want a ‘petless’ ranger. But, I doubt ANet will even entertain the notion.

Gone to Reddit.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

/sign

I mentioned support pets (in my case passive, but killable) several times, but noone cared to comment my posts :/

Other idea could be some wisp or other “spirit of nature” that’d stick to you, buffing/healing player/allies.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

I think, that there should be an elite called “As One”
You and your pet would kind of jump in each other and merge, maybe becoming the pet or the human? I don’t know, i think it would be cool if you could merge and become your pet, but i think that merging into human form would be more viable.

Anyway, this elite would have to bring you some bonuses to make up for the loss of an elite skill and another CCer. Maybe the health could add up?

That’s my idea of how to please the ones that don’t like pets.

Edit: The elite would be kind of a toggle skill.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: DancinPuppeh.8421

DancinPuppeh.8421

The thought of that was adorable, what would be even better is if they we’re visible but just stayed on you, like a parrot on your shoulder, or a ferret which runs around you climbing all around you. That would be adorable and it would make my day

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: maltodextran.3928

maltodextran.3928

this must be done…. i would pay money for this pet

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Mako.1942

Mako.1942

Aww little squeeker

Going off on a tangent since 1984

Jimmy slim: Asura Ranger lvl 80

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

You and your pet would kind of jump in each other and merge, maybe becoming the pet or the human? I don’t know, i think it would be cool if you could merge and become your pet, but i think that merging into human form would be more viable.

Anyway, this elite would have to bring you some bonuses to make up for the loss of an elite skill and another CCer. Maybe the health could add up?

Nice, if this is what Anet add to ranger, these “As one” ranger will become POWER RANGER…. maybe they should add giant robot and big cannon also….

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Lokheit.7943

Lokheit.7943

Though interesting, the problem is that it would break the mechanic as there wouldn’t be a creature with a separate HP bar.

Aditionally given previous historial of mouse pets I think if they’re implemented they would be more like this:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Albino_Rat

and this:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Jahai_Rat

Which are giant rats that wouldn’t fit in your pocket.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: White Devil.3176

White Devil.3176

OH yes please this is such a brilliant and cute idea! Please give me!

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

If they ever do this I will name my mouse Boo .

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

I actually… Utterly adore this. O.o

As someone who is also beating the “I wanna be my own ranger” horse, I admire your rather unique perspective on this issue. I say press on with it. Ferrets, parakeets, rats, snakes, iguanas… possibilites. Also, aside from the damage dealing aspect, the mechanics of the game as is could largely remain the same.

Best of all, they could still grant boons based on their species!
Snakes: Venom adds X-amount poison damage per random main weapon attack. With cooldown.
Ferrets and Crows: Stealth for X-amount time per trigger/condition, or watered down steal.
Rats: Forage for X-percent chance of better items when gathering.
Iguana: Passive bonus to swim speed.

The more I think about it, the better this idea becomes…

/signed

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

(edited by KStudios.2850)

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Can we have a passive ‘Buddy in my Pocket’ boon that “inspires” the Ranger with a stat boost to help compensate for the missing DPS?

Or a parrot. I already love Pirate gear, but with a tropical bird on your shoulder… I’d name it Jacques every time.

Disciple of Quag

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

If they ever do this I will name my mouse Boo .

“Go for the eyes Boo. GO FOR THE EYES!!” XD

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

Nice, if this is what Anet add to ranger, these “As one” ranger will become POWER RANGER…. maybe they should add giant robot and big cannon also….

If you think thats a good idea try the Norn racial skills!

Mouse suggestion is unique ++++

new pets? How about.

Magpie – F1 Steal, peck. F2 fear (passive effect +2% magic find)
Labrador Retreiver (amphibious)- F1 Pick up loot,beg for food. F2 Detect stealth

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

(edited by Meryt.9823)

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

LOL i never thought of it this way hahahaha

I thought of it more along the lines of fusion from dragonkitten :p

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Graevarg.4871

If we get five Power Rangers together we could all merge to be HUNTron! (arg)

But seriously, you could still have the health bar and skill bar for your pets – the critter is alive even if perched on your shoulder. I could see skills like “adorable gaze” that causes enemies to miss cuz’ well, awww its so kitten cute. Or “freakout” where the mouse induces momentary panic by mobs afraid it will run up their legs. I could swap between my cute mouse and my fuzzy ferret to my adorable gecko and stay entirely within the existing game mechanic. Legendary version is the ubercute kitten that dashes off to give opponents a “boop” on the nose, causing instantaneous meltdown.

Whoever inside Anet that sold them on the idea of unicorn/rainbow bows should champion this idea. Everybody wins.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Graevarg.4871

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Lert.6287

Lert.6287

Post mostly: ranger too weak/ stop nerfing ranger/ any devs here/ please boost ranger/ anyone to help with build etc.
Your post: Mouse as pet.

We’re going nowhere.

Engineer / Piken Square
Former Team Psy [Psy] member/ [BNF] guest
YT Channel

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

Post mostly: ranger too weak/ stop nerfing ranger/ any devs here/ please boost ranger/ anyone to help with build etc.
Your post: Mouse as pet.

We’re going nowhere.

Well, we already have a thread (with a live and responding dev, even) dealing with those issues: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Robert-Hrouda-on-pets-in-dungeons/page/11

I, for one, would welcome our new pocketable overlords.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

For people saying “it wouldn’t work!” Sure it would! You just make the auto attack something like “Mighty Squeak!!” Deals x damage to enemies in melee range of you and grants might to the ranger, boom, problem solved.

For damage your pocket pet will just take a % of the rangers damage (let’s say when the rangers damaged 5% is transferred to the pocket pet) but have the pocket pets have some pretty low toughness/vitality.

I approve of this solution xD, especially if I get the option of having a parrot ride around on my shoulder… Or a ferret… That’d be amazing!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Graevarg.4871

Ranger with pocket kitty perched on shoulder. Kitty is recovering in “downed” state after savage battle with ball-o-yarn boss.

I too welcome our new pocket-sized overlords.

Attachments:

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: DragonDust.3194

DragonDust.3194

Why would you choose a Ranger if not FOR the pet option. That’s the only reason I got a ranger was for the pets.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Um, for bows for example? Thieves SB shoots some funny spirals and warriors LB feels more like granade launcher than precise long range weapon.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: vitali.1609

vitali.1609

How about a pet snake? Coiled around your wrist or arm.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Hryssar.5029

Hryssar.5029

The closest thing to a snake in the game are the krait. Which considering that they all hate us anyways. It would make sense to have one. Of course they would be a more cc kind of pet. and their f2 ability could be an impobilization for a couple of seconds. or it could have a longer poison durationto help with condition rangers if they don’t want a spider. Since some rangers may like that, but have arachnophobia.

A pet mouse. Eh. we would runout of ambient creatures to slay really.
Would have to be something firey if anything if you look at some areas on the map. Maybe I never swam to it, or that there are more things being added to this game. We may see a new pet when a new place is opened up.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well there -are- snakes in the game, I mean use snake trap that summon a good 30 of the kittens xD.

I would like to see small pets being an option, especially if they brought less damage or survivability in exchange for being attached to the ranger and bringing significant amounts of control/support.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: vitali.1609

vitali.1609

Played Age of Conan a while back and they had an armor skin for your shoulders that was a live snake coiled around your bicep area.
He moved around a bit and he would hiss every so often. Very well done.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Pendleton.6385

Pendleton.6385

A think the mouse should be able to alert you to stealthed players. Also … if it dies … you should be able to throw it at the enemy for an AOE poison or fear.

Tarnished Coast
~ Ranger

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

How is the pocket mouse coming along? Ready for the next patch?

All is vain.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Is that a mouse in your pocket or are you just glad to down me?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Zebulous.2934

Zebulous.2934

A small, non flying pet would be appreciated…. A kiwi bird?

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

Sorry I dont want to be Minsc

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

I just want the white bunny from Monty Python and the Holy Grail please!
But I s’pose Anet would consider that OP! :-(

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

The thought of that was adorable, what would be even better is if they we’re visible but just stayed on you, like a parrot on your shoulder, or a ferret which runs around you climbing all around you. That would be adorable and it would make my day

Or two or three little tweeting birds circling the ranger’s head. That would be awesome!

Cool idea, OP.

The table is a fable.

The pet Mouse

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Ive thought alot about people that want a ranger without the whole sending the pet in thing. and came to this conclusion.

Juvenile Tawny Ferret.

the Animation for this pet is a Ferret that sits on your shoulder and runs around your feet.

It offers the following skills and abilities.

f2 Ability ’Rabid Defense" Your Ferret guards you, causing weakness to any target that attacks you for 4 seconds ( one stack of might for each time your hit)

Other Abilities.

- Gnaw –
- Rake-
-Pounce- 25% chance to knock back targets that hit you. (1 second cripple)

I would really enjoy seeing something like this. what do you think?

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge