The truely broken kitten weapon

in Ranger

Posted by: Huxow.7259

Huxow.7259

Behold its the “great” ehm fail sword

1 the Auto-attack every attack except the good dodging one got 150 range so u get used to 150 but the third chain is 130 range wtf and also got longer cast time epic fail

2 is epic fail

3 bugs up in close range fail

4 worst of all the Block only vs melee attackers ye can fend of 100 blades if he don’t got stability but u know for sure they ALWAYS GOT IT. the 2nd chain throw great sword epic fail enough 600 range SO LONG CASTING TIME THEY ARE LONG GONE BEFFORE IT HITS said

5 is NICE!!!

people whine about LB but LB is great imo could get 1500 default range but that’s it.. don’t use it in in ya face scenarios cause it plain sucks.

(edited by Huxow.7259)

in Ranger

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

Right, die GS is ridiculous. Even the sword does more damage…

I’d like to know why they nerf it the way it is? I mean it’s also showing that there is no real QA. Why can’t there be a hotfix just for damage increase?

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

Block will block projectiles continually without popping the push back.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

5 is actually bad. Not usable vs target that run away. Even if you stand on top of them when you start casting they will be out of range due to the long anim/short range and it will miss.

I am so disappointed by Arenanets kitten balancing philosophy. They just dont adress any ressources to that since 6 months. I already stopped playing that game and I will again. I don’t want more content if the existing one (classes) is so restricting. You can play like 1 viable build. And thiefs in WvW compared ot ranger? What is this kitten.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I… uh… well… this is awkward… I use GS in paids. I’ve definitely rolled some of the best with it. Your argument is invalid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

3 bugs up in close range fail

Can you explain this? I wasn’t aware of a GS3 bug.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

If you think 3 bugs it’s because you have autotargeting on in settings. If you turn that off you can swoop without automatically targeting an enemy.

If you’re not doing LB/GS wvw build, or a skirmishing/daze build—if you struggle timing interupts, then practice with both GS and SB in PvE for a while.

You’ll get the hang of it. It’s a great weapon once you get the right build and the right motion on the field.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

If you think 3 bugs it’s because you have autotargeting on in settings. If you turn that off you can swoop without automatically targeting an enemy.

If you’re not doing LB/GS wvw build, or a skirmishing/daze build—if you struggle timing interupts, then practice with both GS and SB in PvE for a while.

You’ll get the hang of it. It’s a great weapon once you get the right build and the right motion on the field.

That’s what I figure is going on. Autotarget will cause you to swoop at your target, or the closest enemy in range if none are selected (like other weapon skills). Turn off autotarget and you will always be able to swoop away cleanly, so long as you remember to cancel your target

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Superkav.5012

Superkav.5012

One could also use sword skill 2, de-select target (when autotarget is turned of) turn the other way and press second part of the skill to jump away even further…

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

One could also use sword skill 2, de-select target (when autotarget is turned of) turn the other way and press second part of the skill to jump away even further…

Correct. Now correct me if I’m wrong but unless you have autotargeting turned off under settings, Monarch’s Leap will go into an enemy (if one is within range), regardless of whether you one have one targeted.

Also, note that this is difficult to do without custom keybindings-including a binding for ‘about face’. I strongly recommend all rangers turn off autoattack in pvp, turn off autotargeting, and use custom keybindings with the goal of minimizing the required motion of the hand to complete essential tasks.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Correct. Now correct me if I’m wrong but unless you have autotargeting turned off under settings, Monarch’s Leap will go into an enemy (if one is within range), regardless of whether you one have one targeted.

Also, note that this is difficult to do without custom keybindings-including a binding for ‘about face’. I strongly recommend all rangers turn off autoattack in pvp, turn off autotargeting, and use custom keybindings with the goal of minimizing the required motion of the hand to complete essential tasks.

+1, autoattack will screw up your escape skills and customized keybindings will really boost your game. Pet swap and pet ability for example need to be in easily accessible locations, I put them on middle mouse button and shift key.

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

Yeah I think you’re right it will go into an enemy.

“About face” is so useful, I think if I had any trouble using it manually myself I’d bind a macro to my keyboard to allow me to about face before leaping away, it’s a very powerful ability. I just wish there was another keybind for “clear target” other than the escape key, I did bind that to a better key on my Nostro’ pad but if I hit it too much I get the game menu, ha!

in Ranger

Daemon.4295

Yeah I think you’re right it will go into an enemy.

“About face” is so useful, I think if I had any trouble using it manually myself I’d bind a macro to my keyboard to allow me to about face before leaping away, it’s a very powerful ability. I just wish there was another keybind for “clear target” other than the escape key, I did bind that to a better key on my Nostro’ pad but if I hit it too much I get the game menu, ha!

You can double click on empty ground to de-select target. I just found that out myself the other day in this forum

PS: I bound about-face to my ‘C’ key, that’s how useful it is for me!

- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I thought you could only about-face while standing still… maybe that was just while in combat? Am I wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Right, die GS is ridiculous. Even the sword does more damage…

I’d like to know why they nerf it the way it is? I mean it’s also showing that there is no real QA. Why can’t there be a hotfix just for damage increase?

Because it butchered everyone in the beta? And this was before Anet stops playing Whack-A-Mole with balancing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

i think the skills are great. Regarding your scenario of using block 4 vs a hundred blades warrior – even if he has stability, you’ve blocked the opening stun so you can just roll away. This skill is also incredibly useful against thieves, means they can only get 1 shot of their combo off before being ccd – then you can 3 leap on them, 5 them in the face to stop them stealthing, hell just have some fun.

Though i do agree that the cripple on 4 needs a much faster projectile speed and to be castable whilst moving.

in Ranger

capuchinseven.8395

I want to believe you guys about the GS being great, and I don’t think it’s bad, it’s just that outside of moving around the map faster, I get better survivability (evade on command is just so much more useful than the evade on the final auto attack #1), escape and damage from a single sword with an off hand choice.

The block is nice and so is the stun and I love the look and easier movement but when it comes down to a long cooldown block or 3 more endurance free evades with a press of a button, I’d take the evades.

Not to mention a BM pet swap speed boost #1 with sword and F2 from bird has some really nice dps for gutting thieves.

I DO love the knock back after block and the fast movement though, it’s not like I’ve not tried to love it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Also, note that this is difficult to do without custom keybindings-including a binding for ‘about face’.

“X” is default key for about face.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

GS is not bad. Actually the block is really good in some cases. To bad the 1h sword is so much better there is no reason to use the gs. Ah ye i swap to gs in wvw sometimes just to move faster.
If you need to defend a point having a gs as secondary weapon (instead of a sb) is a great choice tho, this way you have 2 leaps (combos) at your disposal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wanderer.5471

Wanderer.5471

GS is not bad. Actually the block is really good in some cases. To bad the 1h sword is so much better there is no reason to use the gs. Ah ye i swap to gs in wvw sometimes just to move faster.
If you need to defend a point having a gs as secondary weapon (instead of a sb) is a great choice tho, this way you have 2 leaps (combos) at your disposal.

i think it’s situational, i play sPvP so i find the greatsword is useful for aggressively capping a point, pushing the defender off for a second with the block, fearing them off with wolf, shooting them off with LB 4 eventually you’ll neutralise and even cap the point from under them. i’m the anti-bunker XD

in Ranger

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

I… uh… well… this is awkward… I use GS in paids. I’ve definitely rolled some of the best with it. Your argument is invalid.

This guy again, seriously just stop. Anyway gs is important for bunkers currently the strongest tpvp ranger build. But the offensive power of the gs is lulzworthy

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ