There I was...

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoef.2761

Zoef.2761

There I was ….

doing fractals lvl 50 (warr, guard, necro, two rangers). The whole run went very smoothly (swamp, cliffside, dredge) but my fellow ranger was expressing his surprise that things went so smoothly “consdering there are two rangers” (his words). Kept sucking up other players kitten that way a couple of times more. Had to bite my tongue to keep quiet. The thought never occurred to him that things might go smoothly just because there were two capable rangers in party. Some fellow rangers seem to be under the impression that they should be grateful to be accepted in a party. Have some pride, for god’s sake.

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

What’s with all these click bait thread titles?

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Don’t you think that majority of Forum Rangers are the ones who can use logic instead of aesthetic feeling?
To explain it in English – that most of Rangers you see here know the difference between playing and role-playing?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

There I was...

in Ranger

Zoef.2761

Don’t you think that majority of Forum Rangers are the ones who can use logic instead of aesthetic feeling?
To explain it in English – that most of Rangers you see here know the difference between playing and role-playing?

I humbly apologize for my limited intelligence, o mighty Forum Ranger, but I do not grasp your well-phrased and to the point remark. Once again, I humbly apologize.

(edited by Zoef.2761)

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I humbly apologize for my limited intelligence, o mighty Forum Ranger, but I do not grasp your well-phrased and to the point remark. Once again, I humbly apologize.

Lol well said, at the end of the day most people want a balance of feeling and effectiveness, not everyone only cares about their performance and besides isnt that why you choose a class?If that was the case then you can really pick anything then ranger and pick the easiest and most effective class to play.

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

We did TA Aetherpath with 5 rangers as a guild event recently, whole run took around 20 minutes without any problems.
You can faceroll your way through any dungeon there is, as long as people know what they’re doing, with almost any team comp, in a very reasonable time.

Sure, there is a meta team comp for a reason, but using a ranger/engi/necro in your group won’t magically make the run take 10 minutes longer, as long as they are running proper builds and know their stuff.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

There I was...

in Ranger

Ryou.2398

We did TA Aetherpath with 5 rangers as a guild event recently, whole run took around 20 minutes without any problems.
You can faceroll your way through any dungeon there is, as long as people know what they’re doing, with almost any team comp, in a very reasonable time.

Sure, there is a meta team comp for a reason, but using a ranger/engi/necro in your group won’t magically make the run take 10 minutes longer, as long as they are running proper builds and know their stuff.

Personally I do not get the meta thing, that makes the game far less interesting, I want to rez people, I want to support my group and actually feel like my class is useful instead of facerolling everything.

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

Personally I do not get the meta thing, that makes the game far less interesting, I want to rez people, I want to support my group and actually feel like my class is useful instead of facerolling everything.

And that’s exactly why I mostly pvp these days. The sense of “I can actively contribute to my team’s success” is a lot stronger in pvp compared to pve (yes, I know very well about the problems of rangers in pvp, but this is a general statement that goes for any class).

The meta build DOES support your group, that’s the whole point of the current meta builds.
Offensive support; vulnerability and frost spirit mainly. Maybe you get to throw in an axe5 if the guard dies or forgot to bring reflects, that’s about it.
Your typical dungeon run has the strategic depth of a puddle, almost every encounter is reduced to putting down frost spirit and then doing your dps rotations over & over again.

There are some fun boss encounters, but at this point the majority of people that run dungeons have done so for the past 3 years. The content is stale, so they just want to get it over with as fast as possible, hence the hate for everything that is deemed not optimal.

There are plenty of people just like you though, that want to take a different approach to dungeons and not focus on pure efficiency, and that is perfectly fine.

In general I don’t get why there seems to be a constant war between the PHIW and the speedrun crowd, they can coexist just fine, don’t join each others groups and everybody’s happy.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

There I was...

in Ranger

Ryou.2398

Right all I am saying is just because its faster does not mean it is a superior build, it really just depends on how you look at it.

And that’s exactly why I mostly pvp these days. The sense of “I can actively contribute to my team’s success” is a lot stronger in pvp compared to pve (yes, I know very well about the problems of rangers in pvp, but this is a general statement that goes for any class).

The meta build DOES support your group, that’s the whole point of the current meta builds.
Offensive support; vulnerability and frost spirit mainly. Maybe you get to throw in an axe5 if the guard dies or forgot to bring reflects, that’s about it.
Your typical dungeon run has the strategic depth of a puddle, almost every encounter is reduced to putting down frost spirit and then doing your dps rotations over & over again.

There are some fun boss encounters, but at this point the majority of people that run dungeons have done so for the past 3 years. The content is stale, so they just want to get it over with as fast as possible, hence the hate for everything that is deemed not optimal.

There are plenty of people just like you though, that want to take a different approach to dungeons and not focus on pure efficiency, and that is perfectly fine.

In general I don’t get why there seems to be a constant war between the PHIW and the speedrun crowd, they can coexist just fine, don’t join each others groups and everybody’s happy.

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

The most efficient method of doing anything in any game does involve a hefty amount of facerolling. Other methods do exist, but, since efficiency and speed wins the day….

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: wayneericgouin.9371

wayneericgouin.9371

Maybe I missed something, but the only complaints I ever see about rangers come from the rangers on the forums. In my 3 years of playing I’ve never encountered a scenario where the ranger was berated for his existence.

There I was...

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

It’s okay, average Ranger fellow.
Your intelligence might get better at any time. Addressing the person you are talking about (who needs it) instead of us who know what are you talking about, making it posting it here needless in half, might definitely be a better start.

I do not really apologize. The truth is that the person you were referring to is the one who needs your OP. Not really the forum section (edit: even though it’s okay to post it here; just like commenting. It’s just that you don’t achieve your goal here).

Furthermore, if you intend to deteriorate your own intelligence you might try to take an example from your own OP. Just saying.

(edited by Tragic Positive.9356)

There I was...

in Ranger

Zoef.2761

Never try to counter sarcasm by supposedly taking it literally. It doesnt work. “Observe, learn and counter in an intelligent way”. Just saying.

There I was...

in Ranger

Ryou.2398

The most efficient method of doing anything in any game does involve a hefty amount of facerolling. Other methods do exist, but, since efficiency and speed wins the day….

Actually it does not speeding through a dungeon 10 min faster is not that big of a deal, allot of people do not like easy mode, it depends on the players, and there are many different types of players.

There I was...

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Never try to counter sarcasm by supposedly taking it literally. It doesnt work. “Observe, learn and counter in an intelligent way”. Just saying.

You didn’t even understand what was my 1st reply trying to say. There’s nothing to learn here. I was just trying to show you that your reply was the one of an egoistic self-centered person.

If I really wanted to counter something I’d try to make you look like an idiot (something similar to what you tried to). But why would an intelligent person do that, I cannot tell.
Why people are always looking for a quarrel theses days… Just why.

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Actually it does not speeding through a dungeon 10 min faster is not that big of a deal, allot of people do not like easy mode, it depends on the players, and there are many different types of players.

Actually it is. Try playing other games. In Destiny for example, a vast majority of the community demanded you had a weapon called Gjallarhorn in order to do raids, because it was the fastest, most efficient weapon in the game. To the greater community, you had to use that weapon because there is nothing that was better. Just because you don’t think its a big deal doesn’t mean that everyone thinks the same way. They do think its a big deal that you can or can not kill a boss a whole ten seconds faster because you are using one specific weapon or class a certain way.

There are many, many kinds of players, but they all fall into two groups. Those who don’t like wasting time and equate speed with “fun”(the vast majority of players), and those who just want to have fun, screw everything else (the vast minority of players)

I feel your pain. I run cleric’s gear when I’m playing Ranger. I keep a set of zerker gear just for when other players demand it. You can find a small group of people that think the same way you do, and I highly recommend that everyone does and stop forcing everyone to play their way….Doesn’t stop me and shouldn’t stop you from acknowledging the truth about how multiplayer games work.

There I was...

in Ranger

Zoef.2761

You didn’t even understand what was my 1st reply trying to say. There’s nothing to learn here. I was just trying to show you that your reply was the one of an egoistic self-centered person.

If I really wanted to counter something I’d try to make you look like an idiot (something similar to what you tried to). But why would an intelligent person do that, I cannot tell.
Why people are always looking for a quarrel theses days… Just why.

Was I looking for a quarrel? Am I an egoistic self-centered person? Do I look like an idiot? LOL My friend, the intentions you claim you had and the way you phrase them contradict one each other. I guess any person with some common sense can easily see how you reveal your own shining personality. It’s tragic that you dont have the intelligence to see that, just tragic.

There I was...

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@Zoef
You didn’t understand my 1st reply and kept going too deep ever since.
Plus you (again) took another whole reply as an attack (which if you read again doesn’t imply so) and only points out how your replies are way out of the question or topic.

Yes, from what I can see, everything you read your ego processes as a potential attack against your person. Thus you (still) try to quarrel over the matter.
Get Over It.

I’ll phrase is specially for you.
“The Person You Wanted To Cheer Up By Your Motivational Sentence Is Most Likely Not Even Here. You Should Search For Him In-Game.”

Further explanation
~your reply was the one of egoistic self-centered. Not a word about you (since I can’t afford to tell anything about you, I don’t know you yet)
~yes, you are constantly trying to find a reason to quarrel
~where did you read a word you are an idiot? You are constantly making up sentences and their meanings.

Please calm down, read through it again, try to find the true meanings of what I wrote since I believe you misunderstood or misread like all of them and let us get back to what did you originally wanted to discuss.

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I was the Warrior in that party and was telling my guild how boringly low the dps was.

Have at you

There I was...

in Ranger

Zoef.2761

I was the Warrior in that party and was telling my guild how boringly low the dps was.

Have at you

LOL Now that’s really meaningful. To be honest, I can’t say if you were or not. What i do remember is that the warrior was lying on his back when we did dredge boss. I can imagine that that might have been boring to him while we finished boss.

There I was...

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

The fun part comes in when people realize Ranger’s DPS is higher than the one of Warrior. And has been for a long time.

Yea, yea… Everybody knows that warrior with Phalanx Strength brings better team support. But that just implies that they are our and Thieves’ support tool.

Now that’s one lovely idea for our fellow Rangers who know what and how to play.

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

There I was ….

doing fractals lvl 50 (warr, guard, necro, two rangers). The whole run went very smoothly (swamp, cliffside, dredge) but my fellow ranger was expressing his surprise that things went so smoothly “consdering there are two rangers” (his words). Kept sucking up other players kitten that way a couple of times more. Had to bite my tongue to keep quiet. The thought never occurred to him that things might go smoothly just because there were two capable rangers in party. Some fellow rangers seem to be under the impression that they should be grateful to be accepted in a party. Have some pride, for god’s sake.

I agree, the same can be said for WvW and PvP – In PvE no one blinks twice when I am up and they are downed.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

The fun part comes in when people realize Ranger’s DPS is higher than the one of Warrior. And has been for a long time.

I never was doing exact math but would you care to elaborate a little on this statement? If it was somewhat derailing for thread can be on PM :P

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

There I was...

in Ranger

Posted by: Itchen.8754

Itchen.8754

was half expecting the like “So there I was… In the silithus desert” …. xD too much machinima

There I was...

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

was half expecting the like “So there I was… In the silithus desert” …. xD too much machinima

I knew I can’t be the only one! ;D