They broke something with Longbow this patch

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

Xsorus here, I was testing out longbow, and I noticed something, and i’ve not figured out what’s causing it yet

Every single crit longbow does, grants me a stack of fury…. usually after rapid shot, I have bloody 21 seconds of it.

edit

Nm, found what is causing the bug, its Eagle Eye

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Ranger

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Xsorus here, I was testing out longbow, and I noticed something, and i’ve not figured out what’s causing it yet

Every single crit longbow does, grants me a stack of fury…. usually after rapid shot, I have bloody 21 seconds of it.

edit

Nm, found what is causing the bug, its Eagle Eye

SILENCE!!!

It’s a feature! It’s compensation for all the pet related bugs/failings. I welcome this “feature”!

Moonlight [THRU]

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If this is their attempt at placating Power Builds then I take back everything I ever said.

(It isn’t but it’s fun to pretend)

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Plz dont remove it….i beg you…..

in Ranger

Posted by: Dhunis.9072

Dhunis.9072

now be so kind and delete this post

Ranked Arenas a.k.a. the New Hotjoin

in Ranger

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

Finally… SOME JUSTICE!!!! hahahahaha!

Moonlight [THRU]

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

i think that they said that they wanted to upgrade some traits from 5% weapon dmg to 10%..like the did with the 5% to 7% vitality for power

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

This was intentional I thought but somehow missed the notes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They gave Greatsword Fury-on-Hit with a certain trait. I could see them doing the same for Longbow.

That said, its probably not intended to be live yet. They were probably just playing with the idea and forgot to take it back out when they pushed the patch. Expect it to be fixed (and then perhaps re-introduced in a different, more balanced form, next time).

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

i dont understand why to take it back…
Noone even notice it..
It helps power builds..
Everyone agrees that power Ranger needs love..

in Ranger

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

I love it already. Q_Q

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

This is amazing, I love it and I think Longbow needs it.

But I’m afraid it’s a bug, because Eagle Eye has been plagued with several very unexpected bugs in the past. It took people a very long time to find those bugs and they all had a negative effect. I hope they leave this in for a while if it’s a bug.

in Ranger

Posted by: Overthrust.2659

Overthrust.2659

Its working as intended.
Now delete this

The Ranger would be nerfed every time because that is the law of Tyria.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Positive changes are bugs, don’t you know anything?
Now if it was detrimental, it would be a feature and intended.

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

Y and i just got a new skin for the Longbow in spvp..PvP Frozen bow..

I will totally cry if they remove it..

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Honestly, seems good. Now it’s legitimately a hard choice between piercing arrows and eagle eye. Not to mention perma fury is hardly unprecedented.

Granted we are Rangers :/

(edited by Atherakhia.4086)

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

And with the buff to the mid range dmg Longbow now is awesome..Im only talking about pvp..Now it hits more hard cause you in pvp you couldnt stay all the time at the 1500 range…
I see a lot of 2,5-3k from autohits now

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

Also, the range seems to be well over 1500 when traited. Using barrage (which also has 1500 range) you can hit an additional 20-25% further away with longbow – meaning about 2K range on a golem. Has it always been this way?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I’m not sure what you’re talking about, I haven’t noticed any strange behavior

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Taverius.8645

Taverius.8645

Also, the range seems to be well over 1500 when traited. Using barrage (which also has 1500 range) you can hit an additional 20-25% further away with longbow – meaning about 2K range on a golem. Has it always been this way?

being above your target makes projectile attacks travel beyond max range, always has.

hilariously, this also works underwater.

Rock Paper Signet – Gunnar’s Hold EU
Gather ALL the things! \o/
Ranger Bugs List

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackBeard.2873

BlackBeard.2873

being above your target makes projectile attacks travel beyond max range, always has.

hilariously, this also works underwater.

I was actually on even ground at the dps trials, so idk. I could keep backing up and doing damage well past the time that the red-line appeared indicating out-of-range.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Guys, wouldn’t it be great if this post gets deleted and never to be discussed. This is probably one of the best things that the Ranger has ever got, so if no one reports this, and you remove all traces of this ever happened, some rangers will be really happy for some time.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Posted by: Zetus.1476

Zetus.1476

Considering that a bug fix patch was just released without a fix on this “bug”, I think we can safely assume this was intentional.

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Its pretty bad when the best thing we get in a patch in an unintentional bug

Also not deleting the post, because relying on Bugged Traits to make a class better is just silly…

in Ranger

Posted by: bigsal.7061

bigsal.7061

Why the hell would you say anything? This post makes no sense.
I will never understand why people do things like this, its not like its some godmode gamebreaking bug.
Funny thing is I noticed it right away and said to a guildie “watch someone that plays a ranger will make sure to make a post asking for a fix” god forbid we have a little extra power.

StaR-SF
Crazyhorse

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Broken, or a stealth buff? This wouldn’t be the first time they stealth buffed longbow…. I’m just assuming it’s like that…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Why the hell would you say anything? This post makes no sense.
I will never understand why people do things like this, its not like its some godmode gamebreaking bug.
Funny thing is I noticed it right away and said to a guildie “watch someone that plays a ranger will make sure to make a post asking for a fix” god forbid we have a little extra power.

Relying on bugs to make the class better is silly.

I’m sorry you believe we should be like that.

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Broken, or a stealth buff? This wouldn’t be the first time they stealth buffed longbow…. I’m just assuming it’s like that…

They’re probably testing it out, Most likely it meant to have a ICD, or they were fooling around with the Greatsword trait, and got them mixed up, That could also be a cause for it.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

They’re probably testing it out, Most likely it meant to have a ICD, or they were fooling around with the Greatsword trait, and got them mixed up, That could also be a cause for it.

TBH i kinda hope it doesn’t have that long of an ICD, but i wouldn’t mind if it had a 10s ICD that fury REALLY boosts my damage on my zerker roamer build, it’s kinda crazy really, especially since i now don’t really mind my decision to not take any points in skirm lol

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

TBH i kinda hope it doesn’t have that long of an ICD, but i wouldn’t mind if it had a 10s ICD that fury REALLY boosts my damage on my zerker roamer build, it’s kinda crazy really, especially since i now don’t really mind my decision to not take any points in skirm lol

I honestly don’t think it’s all that overpowered

Most of the classes (Ele/Engineer for example) can run perma Fury

The only spec that’s going to benefit from it is going to be a Power Based Ranger Build, and those aren’t that great to begin with.

It is however a bug.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

From a code perspective (speculating here), since Eagle Eye and the Greatsword trait also shared the 5% increased damage, it could just mean that either one is inheriting from another, or they are both inheriting from some other skeleton code somewhere, or that they are both being created out of the same object, and somebody just copied and pasted and didn’t go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Not exactly sure how ANet has their code setup obviously, but it seems like the most likely cases.

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

From a code perspective (speculating here), since Eagle Eye and the Greatsword trait also shared the 5% increased damage, it could just mean that either one is inheriting from another, or they are both inheriting from some other skeleton code somewhere, or that they are both being created out of the same object, and somebody just copied and pasted and didn’t go through it with a fine tooth comb.

Not exactly sure how ANet has their code setup obviously, but it seems like the most likely cases.

Yea, reason I think its probably got to do with the Greatsword change is because its also 3 seconds of fury just like the Longbow change, the only thing that Longbow as different is it has no ICD.

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Yea, reason I think its probably got to do with the Greatsword change is because its also 3 seconds of fury just like the Longbow change, the only thing that Longbow as different is it has no ICD.

I figured the same thing lol.

Worst part about it is that if it was unintended but remains live too long, and then the devs decide to remove it, it’s going to get very ugly very fast, because the longer it stays, the more attached people are going to get to it.

Especially if it is removed with no “official” response to the ranger community about how “they plan on improvements, but this case wasn’t a time or a method in which they intended for the improvement to be implemented, but rather a bug that wasn’t caught before the patch went live.”

It’s just about the last thing the ranger community needs, so hopefully it was either intended (doubtful, I know), or they use some good PR when they do take away our “nice things” haha.

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Rofl…..

Ahh….to funny

in Ranger

Posted by: bigsal.7061

bigsal.7061

never said i planned on relying on the extra crit and i dont need to. I just dont understand why report a small buff to our neglected class.

StaR-SF
Crazyhorse

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

I’m ok with them removing it… if it’s after they have fixed the pet ai :P

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

I just dont understand why report a small buff to our neglected class.

Bugs are bugs. If you don’t report a bug which helps you, you have no justification for complaining about bugs which hurt you.

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Perma Fury with longbow is a lot more scarier after the patch i will say that.

Popping people for 4.5k and 5k longbow auto attack shots is pretty funny

in Ranger

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

I figured the same thing lol.

Worst part about it is that if it was unintended but remains live too long, and then the devs decide to remove it, it’s going to get very ugly very fast, because the longer it stays, the more attached people are going to get to it.

Especially if it is removed with no “official” response to the ranger community about how “they plan on improvements, but this case wasn’t a time or a method in which they intended for the improvement to be implemented, but rather a bug that wasn’t caught before the patch went live.”

It’s just about the last thing the ranger community needs, so hopefully it was either intended (doubtful, I know), or they use some good PR when they do take away our “nice things” haha.

Pretty much like the Guardian Pure of voice bug, that actually cleared 2 conditions instead of 1. ALOT of people got used to it, because it was like that for a couple months between balance patches. they finally fixed, and it hurt bad. >.<

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

perma furry is not problem for the most dd classes except ranger but we have rao and horn what give us a very nice fury. 4-5k dmg with the slowest weapon in the game is not a big deal. a warrior regenerate 2k heal in that time :P

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I bet it’s a bug, they’re going to sit on it for a few months for people to live it like a kitten and then put it down like they did Empathif Bond. I called it.

in Ranger

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

I was already doing this before the patch. Though it’s nice to have full up-time on fury, this still doesn’t even remotely put us on par with other classes

in Ranger

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

i dont trait in marksmanship to begin with so eh i dont realy care about the bonus if it apply only on eagle eye but im glad they increased the damage by 20% because i got perma fury anyway

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I like it but its messing up my fury build, I want to see how it actually works.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

It could be an unintended change, but this change certainly isn’t over-powered either, so I can see why it may be fully intended. I’d like to see this get kept. Ranger has other ways to gain fury (Call of the Wild, Rampage As One, Furious Screech with red moa pet, etc), and each of those provide some additional benefits beyond just fury on the ranger. Thus, this fury gain on longbow attacks is not clearly better than existing options for gaining fury. Hence, I can see why this might be an intended buff, and simply one that ANet forgot to list in the patch notes.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

To be honest I think it’s triggering the new Two-Handed Training trait on hit without the cooldown.

Perhaps Eagle Eye has always been affected by Two-handed Training, but the 5% damage increase was never noticed and the tooltip was never updated. Longbow is a two-handed weapon after all. (not true)
Or maybe Eagle Eye is somehow using the same code as Two-handed Training to get it’s 5% damage increase. The change to Two-handed Training also changed Eagle Eye, however, only Two-handed Training was given the cooldown restriction.

This would be the 4th or 5th bug caused by Eagle Eye though. I don’t know how they programmed it behind the scenes, but if my guesses are true, then they might be better off with removing the trait and making 1500 range the default range on the Longbow.

(edited by Holland.9351)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I was already doing this before the patch. Though it’s nice to have full up-time on fury, this still doesn’t even remotely put us on par with other classes

4-5k damage from 1500-1800 range, + the damage your pet does, we are absolutely on, probably above, par with other classes

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotchaz.7865

Gotchaz.7865

It’s not OP at all, it’s helpful for sure. It’s 20% crit CHANCE, it be better if it was 20% crit damage But if you’ve played ranger then you would know you don’t need over 50% crit chance. So having this allows you to swap out some gear for other stuff like tuffness or condition or whatever.

Beowulf-Defender of the JQ Realm and Warrior of the SF clan.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I’d like to add this also affects speargun when using eagle eye