Things to check with the new traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Post yours, and hopefully answers when we test these tomorrow. Some of these might have been answerd in the live stream today; I didn’t watch it. Some that come to my mind:

• What happens when a wolf uses fear with the Beastly Warden trait?
  • What does the BW taunt do to clones that have been ordered to shatter on the ranger?
  • Does Protect Me reduce damage on the pet with Bark Skin up?
  • Does Natural Regeneration still also heal the ranger?
  • Does Light on Your Feet stack?
  • Is there an ICD on Most Dangerous Game?

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Most Dangerous Game was initially 3 stacks of might every 3s for a duration of 6s,
It is now 1 stack of might for 8s every second

Light on your Feet I believe it stacks in duration, but not entirely sure

Protect Me should also get the ‘Bark Skin’ effect as long as criteria is met as it transfer direct damage to pet (equivalent to getting hit really)

Natural Regeneration – nothing was mentionned about healing the player too, then again, same for the old trait and it did affect ranger every 3s, we’ll see

Beastly Warden – The taunt is INSTANT (ON F2) so what happened is foes were first forced towards the wolf, and then the Fear kicked in and ‘overwrote’ the taunt/taunt expired. ‘Terrifying Owl’ has a 1.50s cast time, during that cast time the taunt is already in effect.

Beastly Warden on Clones – Can’t remember if clones are affected by CC skills, if they do, act the same as foes; they’ll head towards source of Taunt.

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Protect Me doesn’t apply protection, it transfers all damage the ranger takes to your pet. Barkskin and protection do have some weird interaction, someone better at math can probably explain it better. They don’t work very well on top of each other though.

Clones are affected by all CC and conditions, I just wonder if they explode when taunted. I’m guessing NO, because taunt is supposed to make enemies run to you and autoattack you. My prediction is they autoattack the pet until the taunt wears off and then run back towards the ranger to explode (or more likely just drift to the pet, then go explode on the ranger since the taunt duration is so short.)

About MDG, what I meant was, if you stay below 50% health, do you just keep stacking might indefinitely.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Sorry totally confused ’Guard’’s Protection on Pet effect and ‘Protect Me’, absolutely different shouts AHAHA

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

• Does the AoE on Honed Axes only make the Chill AoE, or is the weakness AoE that the pet applies as well?
  • Does Protective Ward really give 33% and more than that Weakness up time like it reads that it does?
  • Can quickdraw be wasted by autoattacks?
  • Get Quickdraw enhanced numbers on all relevant skills and work out skill chains/combos on weaponsets.
  • Test of Clarion Bond works out of combat, test if it blasts, test if Windborne Notes works with it, test if it’s perma-fury through the trait alone or if the warhorn will have to be juggled with the trait to maintain perma-fury (or close enough to perma for it to not even need warhorn).
  • Test new PvP amulets with builds.
  • Play with Poison Master against golems before never ever picking it ever again over the other slot options it fights for.
  • See how the boons on Nature’s Vengeance work and the spirits themselves to see how making them immobilize and die on activation a reasonable change.
  • Play with traps, then subsequently end up sad about traps (again).

Yeah, that’s my immediate list so far.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

• Does Natural Regeneration still also heal the ranger?

This is probably the #1 thing I want to know tomorrow and I’m gonna be at work so I need you to post your findings on this ASAP.

:D

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

About MDG, what I meant was, if you stay below 50% health, do you just keep stacking might indefinitely.

I don’t think you’ll get past 8 stacks, after 8 seconds the first stack wears off when a new one is applied. Now if you have a lot of boon duration you might be able to get an extra stack.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I don’t think you’ll get past 8 stacks, after 8 seconds the first stack wears off when a new one is applied. Now if you have a lot of boon duration you might be able to get an extra stack.

In PvP, you should be able to hit at least 13 stacks with Strength Runes and Lingering Magic.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

In PvP, you should be able to hit at least 13 stacks with Strength Runes and Lingering Magic.

Heim we’re the only prof that has to put up with this insane mechanic to stack might. everyone else does it through the process of facerolling. Chaith was keeping up 25 stack of might on his cele engie spamming elixirs with HGH, Nos had 15+ stacks at all times on his tanky cele necro. these builds aren’t really sacrificing enough to stack these huge amounts of might.

why does the ranger have to jump through hoops to stack a bit of might? MDG is nonviable in its current state.

•What happens when a wolf uses fear with the Beastly Warden trait?

once taunt finishes (2s), the fear continues and target is feared for an additional second. it’s a nice way to stack stuns. I don’t think anyone else can do this

•Does Light on Your Feet stack?

it gives +10% condi duration and SB damage on any dodge (not evade) in combat. streamer was keeping up the bonus just by dodge rolling. I made an entire thread about this so read.

im basing these two answers on streamer previews today.

(edited by mistsim.2748)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Beastly Warden – The taunt is INSTANT (ON F2)

This just struck me completely out of the blue… I didn’t see it at first. That REALLY helps a lot of pets land their F2s. Like massively. Previously you could just mosey slightly on o’er yonder and avoid any howl; this will prevent that. Also with some slight effort, cones will be landable. Wow, is this the age of the moa?

Chaith was keeping up 25 stack of might on his cele engie using HGH

Weren’t you trying to tell me engi didn’t get hella buffed? I’m very unhappy with how they took a profession that was on almost — if not every — single PvP team and made it so much stronger. But that’s another thread.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heim we’re the only prof that has to put up with this insane mechanic to stack might. everyone else does it through the process of facerolling. Chaith was keeping up 25 stack of might on his cele engie spamming elixirs with HGH, Nos had 15+ stacks at all times on his tanky cele necro. these builds aren’t really sacrificing enough to stack these huge amounts of might.

why does the ranger have to jump through hoops to stack a bit of might? MDG is nonviable in its current state.

Oh, I’m aware of this, look at the multiple threads I have made about how garbage MDG is.

I was just pointing out that you can possibly get to 13 stacks if you were to blow your runes and also have NM. If you were going for RaO, signets, strength runes/sigils, battle sigils, you may as well take MDG, since the rest of the build was centered around stacking Might, but I still think it is lame.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/MDG-needs-more-thought

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

•What happens when a wolf uses fear with the Beastly Warden trait?

once taunt finishes (2s), the fear continues and target is feared for an additional second. it’s a nice way to stack stuns. I don’t think anyone else can do this

•Does Light on Your Feet stack?

it gives +10% condi duration and SB damage on any dodge (not evade) in combat. streamer was keeping up the bonus just by dodge rolling. I made an entire thread about this so read.

im basing these two answers on streamer previews today.

that is true for those other classes but MDG after 8secs gives us those 13might without having to use skills in a rotation to build might , we’re much more free to run away or just play as we normaly do which most people forget rangers don’t have optimal rotations rather to optimal plays for skills used on a per skill basis.

i’d rather have the freedom to do or act anyway i want than be restricted to rotations for might gain.

thats one bonus of MDG you can keep kiting and maintain 50% (13might) indefinitely .
As long as you kite and play effectively rather than playing the rotations game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

• Does the effect of Bountiful Hunter work using stacks of the same boon, or just per different boon?
Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

• Does the effect of Bountiful Hunter work using stacks of the same boon, or just per different boon?

If it’s like the other 1% dmg per boon traits, it only depends on the amount of boons on you, not their stacks – 1 stack of might, 2 stacks of stability and regen will give you 3% boost, same as 20 stacks of might, 1 stack of stability and regen.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

• Compare current unbuffed stats (screenshotted) with new unbuffed stats
  • Do pet traits still require the pet to be in combat? (esp. Lingering Magic)
  • What does Beastly Warden even do?
  • Healing Spring + Trapper’s Expertise worth it?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

So definitive answers to a couple. Natural Healing no longer heals the ranger, and there is no ICD on MDG.

Edit: BW is really, really strong. Shadow Refuge has to be used with skill now, thieves can’t just plop it down whenever they feel like to Irish jig off into the sunset.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)