Things you would like to see

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Post a trait / utility skill / weapon skill you would like to see for Ranger. It doesn’t have to be more than 1.

Shatter on Impact (trait)
Whenever your projectiles are reflected, they are destroyed instead.

Especially useful for Longbow builds in WvW where reflect is everywhere and impossible to see. Could maybe replace Predator’s Instinct with this.

Fast Hands (trait)
Weapon swapping recharges faster (5s)

Yes, just copy the warrior trait. Maybe pick a different name. Replace Most Dangerous Game with this so it can’t be used together with Quick Draw and it has great synergy with Tail Wind and Furious Grip (reduce their cooldown to 4s).

in Ranger

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Glass_Arrows
I have a better name for shatter in impact. Gw1 functionality was nice too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Thief nerfed.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Glass_Arrows
I have a better name for shatter in impact. Gw1 functionality was nice too.

While I agree I also disagree, because arrows aren’t the only projectiles. Axe, harpoon gun, throw torch, crippling talon, etc are all projectiles but not arrows.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

A pet, let’s say a snake, that create clones of himself and have an F2 that shatter those clones for an abysmal effect.
This thing would have absolutely no efficiency, it’s just for fun sake.

Blur on pet when I dodge or use an evade skill. (Is this really to much to ask?)

The ability to prevent my pet from using some of it’s skill. I want to be able to disable permanently quickening screech or any of the many other bothersome skills that gutt some of our pets.

I want to trad the might stack on axe auto against a bleed stack (I won’t be against a poison stack if the dev team is affraid of a bleed stack on axe AA).

I want to trad the 5 might stacks given by most dangerous game against a single fury stack. (Just to create a synergy with the poor remorseless)

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

Predatory Bond – Your pet gain 20% of your attributes

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Ranger

Posted by: Choppy.4183

Choppy.4183

You want the ability to spam longbow skills without any risk and the ability to quickly swap between weapons to gain easier access to either:

1. tools/rotations to lay bigger beats, or
  2. mobility for even easier re-positioning and more ranged pew pew?

What would you want to see nerfed for this, or do you believe it would be a balanced addition with no need for any nerfs?

I’m Biff Rangoon, and I approved this message.
Ehmry Bay | Omg Brb Icecream Truck (ICEE)

in Ranger

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

A good and proper pet mechanic, reworked celestial avatar, a good signet trait, fixed GS trait and skills.

That would be grand.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

You want the ability to spam longbow skills without any risk and the ability to quickly swap between weapons to gain easier access to either:

1. tools/rotations to lay bigger beats, or
  2. mobility for even easier re-positioning and more ranged pew pew?

What would you want to see nerfed for this, or do you believe it would be a balanced addition with no need for any nerfs?

It’s balanced. The projectile is still getting destroyed and it costs a trait as payment. If the game would tell me when my projectiles get reflected or how much damage they’re dealing to my teammates (and myself), then I probably won’t need it, but in big WvW battles it’s impossible to tell (might be because of low graphics settings, but still).

The 2nd trait, yes, ranger often needs to swap weapons for mobility to get out of the way of a zerg, but then he’s stuck in that weapon for 5 more seconds waiting for the cooldown to finish. Other ranged classes often have utility skills that do the job, like teleport. Not really needed, but still something that would be nice to have.

(edited by Holland.9351)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I’d like to see “Strength of the Pack!” done right. Rename it back to “Rampage as One!” and ditch the one-time stability, swiftness, and fury. Have the “Rampage as One!” effect altered so the player and their pet grant each other might (8s), fury (3s), and stability (2s) on attacks.

I want that Remorseless synergy back and better stability. Not this block of stability, and a compromise instead of returning to a pulsing one; since this will depend on the pet landing its attacks.

This current version irks the hell outta me.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Choppy.4183

It’s balanced. The projectile is still getting destroyed and it costs a trait as payment. If the game would tell me when my projectiles get reflected or how much damage they’re dealing to my teammates (and myself), then I probably won’t need it, but in big WvW battles it’s impossible to tell (might be because of low graphics settings, but still).

The 2nd trait, yes, ranger often needs to swap weapons for mobility to get out of the way of a zerg, but then he’s stuck in that weapon for 5 more seconds waiting for the cooldown to finish. Other ranged classes often have utility skills that do the job, like teleport. Not really needed, but still something that would be nice to have.

So, full disclosure, I don’t play my ranger much (though it’s my favourite alt). But when I’m getting reflected, I stop shooting the target. One trait to forever trump anyone who’s invested traits and skills to counterplay you seems way over powered to me.

Consider it the other way… how would you respond to a class having a trait that permanently destroys projectiles?

As for fast hands, ranger already has better mobility than most classes, and no greater need than another class to be able to escape a zerg. In fact, an lb/gs or lb/s druid already has comparable (and arguably better) ability to escape a zerg than the one class that has Fast Hands. This is especially true if the playstyle being used is lb from range, and then needing to gtfo if the zerg turns.

Fast hands supports a faster return to the lb for shooting, which is much stronger than what the warrior has going including gunflame, because the range and pressure of the ranger lb is stronger and the mobility of both ranger gs and staff is better as well.

So, it seems to me, that the two things would facilitate the worst kind of play – low risk skill spamming from safety, with excellent escape potential, and, for people with any skill, much higher combat threat within melee as well. It’s a combination which leads to much of the salt thrown at thief, and why (imo) gunflame in any situation beyond small scale combat, is bad for the game.

As for not needing balancing, consider that the warrior has already been balanced around having the trait to the point that Fast Hands has largely been considered a mandatory trait for every build. If you don’t take the trait as a warrior, you’re generally considered unviable. Ranger is (obviously) viable now, which means the addition of the trait would be a considerable power creep in need of balancing.

Just my two bits.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

But when I’m getting reflected, I stop shooting the target.

Like I said, I can’t see it when reflect happens. I can’t see the damage I’m dealing to teammates either. Like I said, it might be because I play on minimal graphics settings.

Consider it the other way… how would you respond to a class having a trait that permanently destroys projectiles?

This just makes you sound like a troll. That’s such a terrible comparison. And they already added a lot of projectile reflect and projectile destroy in HoT, so it already happened. It would be fine if I was told when reflect/destroy happens, but the game doesn’t inform me at all.

As for “pew pew” and “spamming”. Ranger longbow plays a lot like Elementalist, who “spam” Fireball and sometimes use the odd Meteor Shower (and Barrage for Ranger). So I don’t get the hate for Ranger longbow at all.

in Ranger

Choppy.4183

I don’t understand why you can’t see it. Your projectile comes back to you, your health goes down, your target’s doesn’t. Your combat log will also show you getting hit with the same skill you’re trying to land on someone else, who won’t show that skill landing on them.

And there’s a lot of projectile reflect in aggregate, not permanent reflect on any one class. It’s bad for the game when counterplay is removed and it’s the opposite direction Anet’s going.

And I don’t have hate for ranger longbow at all. It’s strong, but currently balanced, imo. That said, the range and projectile speed are unparalleled, and Rapid Fire does a lot of damage and 10s vuln for 10s on an 8s CD (traited). Things that make it easier for people to keep greater range than most opponents can close is not good and, speaking as a warrior main, it’s exactly why I’d prefer gunflame be redesigned to prevent warriors from using it that way.

But, no, pew pewing with ranger longbow is not the same as fireball or meteor shower. That’s an insane comparison.

If you’re worried about reflect from a the perspective of feeling useless, why not ask for a limited unblockable like Signet of Might instead? It represents a more costly tradeoff for you that isn’t a permanent buff.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

I don’t understand why you can’t see it. Your projectile comes back to you

I can’t see it. But you did give me an idea, maybe I should use Kudzu again.

your health goes down

Can be many thing, including retaliation

your target’s doesn’t

But is it being reflected or destroyed?

Your combat log will also show you getting hit with the same skill you’re trying to land on someone else , who won’t show that skill landing on them.

Am I getting reflected or is another Ranger shooting me? And do I have to keep the combat log open? And do I have to look at it every time my health goes down? Why not just add a “Reflected!” message like we get for “Obstructed!” and “Invulnerable!” and “Blocked!” and “Evaded!”.

There is a real issue here, I don’t care much about the solution but it needs one.

in Ranger

Choppy.4183

Am I getting reflected or is another Ranger shooting me? And do I have to keep the combat log open? And do I have to look at it every time my health goes down? Why not just add a “Reflected!” message like we get for “Obstructed!” and “Invulnerable!” and “Blocked!” and “Evaded!”.

There is a real issue here, I don’t care much about the solution but it needs one.

While, for whatever reason, I don’t seem to have the same difficulty on this front, I’d totally support a “Reflected!” over what might represent a significant power creep that could result in potential class breaking nerfs to druid down the road to compensate.

If that message could be toggled on/off via options, all the better.

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I can see the shots getting reflected back at me even with low graphics settings but I don’t see any reason we couldn’t have a ‘reflected’ message like the other messages we get.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

I love splinter weapon from GW1 and using it with AoE abilities resulting in AoEs that produce AoEs, so what I’d love more than anything is a way to bring that back to GW2. The ranger has had the Incendiary Arrows and Ignite Arrows combo since day one. Let’s bring it back with an elite skill.

Incendiary edges: Your next five strikes explode, inflicting burning on foes in the area.
Incendiary Edges(5): Attacks explode
Number of Targets: 5
Duration: 3 seconds
Burning: 3 seconds
Combo Field: Fire
Radius: 180

(That’s three stacks of burning total over the duration of a single field. Against 5 tightly packed foes, they can expect 15 stacks of burning if they stand in the fields for the full duration.)

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

(edited by HotHit.6783)

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I like that idea— More combo fields— yes please. Definitely could make things more interesting.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Another 1 handed main hand weapon.
A pet that provides AoE stability.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

1200 range back on Short Bow skills. 900 still feels awful and I watch my arrows drop into the ground from distances that should be appropriate for a ranged weapon.

Make it a part of Light on your Feet.

(edited by Thelgar.7214)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

I want the “always flanking” bonus to Light On Your Feet that was briefly included in the updated tooltip by accident. I hate trying to find the fronts of oozes, giant tangled wobbly bosses, and small bosses that are just a white bonfire of particle effects.

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Access to the following Combo Fields for core Ranger (ideally as a pet F2, either new or core pet rework)
Ethereal, Light and Dark Fields 1st.
Ice and Poison 2nd.
(I would ask for Water as well but others would be priority)

They could literally make a semi decent pet and reskin it 5 times and give me those fields and I would be happy.

Oh, and Ethereal could be just a straight swap of the Reef Drake’s F2 to it’s underwater skill Sonic Barrier (with some minor changes).
Reef Drake F2: Create a sonic barrier that blocks projectiles at your pets location.
Duration: 5 seconds. Combo Field: Ethereal. CD: 20 or 25 seconds
I reduced the CD but also changed the projectile reflect to block instead.

Anyway, always hopeful ranger will have access to all combo fields at some point.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Well Draeyo, actually we got :

Ice field : Frost trap

Poison field : Viper nest, poisonous cloud (carion devourer), Poison gas (all spiders), Poison cloud (murello), exploding venom sac (warthog)

etheral field : Throw gunk (warthog and boar)

Water field : healing spring

Fire field : Falme trap, consuing flame (fire wivern), bonfire.

lightning field : ligthning assault (electric wivern)

smoke field : smokecloud (smokescale)

I’m not sure that we really need more poison field

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Well Draeyo, actually we got :

Ice field : Frost trap

Poison field : Viper nest, poisonous cloud (carion devourer), Poison gas (all spiders), Poison cloud (murello), exploding venom sac (warthog)

etheral field : Throw gunk (warthog and boar)

Water field : healing spring

Fire field : Falme trap, consuing flame (fire wivern), bonfire.

lightning field : ligthning assault (electric wivern)

smoke field : smokecloud (smokescale)

I’m not sure that we really need more poison field

Ye I know,
Ethereal is rng based though.

Also, I did ask for poison and ice fields secondary seeing as we do have access to them through traps though they do rely on an enemy to activate and Frost Trap is just god awful.

Also, being pet based opens more build diversity.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Poison Master Rework
Most Dangerous Game Rework
Predator’s Instinct Rework
Soften the fall Rework (Maybe change it to QZ and make it a stun breaker)

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Holland.9351

I think Soften the Fall makes sense for jumping down on someone. I agree with the other 3.

I do like the looks of Predator’s Instinct, but it seems to be lacking. I used to run the sigil that gives 2s cripple on crit (every 5 seconds), which is what Predator’s Instinct should be.

in Ranger

Posted by: Katsuragi.4026

Katsuragi.4026

Yes, I am a Ranger. No, I don’t like having a pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilrik.4630

Kilrik.4630

I would like to see ranger dps brought up to just half of what a thief or a warrior can do consistently. (Picture 1) I was attacking a guardian on a disputed land claim and just about had him down when I got ganked and died to a thief in 3 seconds. I was playing a build with slightly over 21k health and 2.5 armor. The thief is squishy, I get that, so if I had time to react in certain scenarios, the fight can go either way if they make a mistake. Warriors, on the other hand, (no stealth) but my pew pews take about 4 shots to every one of theirs (excluding a good maul…that actually connects), and even no-invest/untraited warriors heal so kitten well with blocks/reflects, instant cast stability traits and skills, and practically zero immobilize possibility…. oops envy whining at the end there. Still, more dps plz, specifically for the ranger not the broken and continually nerfed (the patch b4 w/ increased hit radius and animation time decrease for certain pets not a buff imo just getting em closer to actually working) class mechanic.

Also, (Picture 2) it might be nice to have arrows naturally pierce objects that aren’t there. They seem to be everywhere in WvW.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

From a raid perspective I’d like to see:

1) Grace of the land nerfed to only boost power damage by 2% per stack

Short term, this would help to equalise the gap between power and condition damage right now. It also opens the door for another class to get the condition-damage equivalent down the line. Druid is a little overtuned from a support perspective so this would at least give us some competition.

2) “Sic ’Em!” reworked to grant a stacking power damage modifier upon successful pet attacks

Our power builds are pitifully weak, and the lack of any power based utilities are partly why. “Sic ’Em!” is currently so bad in PvE that it’s outdamaged by Sharpening stone, on a power build. It could keep its current functionality along with this effect and still not be overpowered. Our other shouts all work fine as defensive tools.

3) Buff Glyph of Unity’s CA and non-CA forms.

The fact that this is an elite skill which is only used for its interaction with verdant etching is embarassing. Personally outside of CA I’d like to see it function similar to DH’s F1 with Big Game Hunter traited, something like +5% damage to enemies which are currently tethered. The CA version could either use a reduction in the ICD (0.5s perhaps) or an increase in the healed amount, to encourage tactical usage.

Also they need to fix the double cast bug for this skill.

4) Make Pink Moa great again!

Well, not back to it’s pre-nerf form. But at least give it the same skill as the black-moa. It’s always annoying to be reminded that the best small-target CC pet is locked behind Guild Wars 1 achievements.

That’s about it for realistic changes. If I’m being wishful then I’d really like to see an elite-trap that’s condi based. Just something slightly better than Sylvan hound so we don’t have to play Sylvari all day.

Lastly they should probably fix SB #2, it’s been bugged since the last patch to hit 10x instead of 5x (But only applies 5 poison stacks strangely enough).

in Ranger

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

The ability to hide my pets name.
The ability to change pet f2 skills to any pet skill I want.
The ability to tame the Stalker in Eternal Battlegrounds.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Thief nerfed.

Druid nerfed.

in Ranger

Posted by: GUFF.5692

GUFF.5692

1) Trait that gives a bonus to ferocity based on precision

2) Trait that gives a chance to life steal on attack

3) Trait that gives a chance to remove a condition on attack

4) Shield offhand

5)Throwing Spear mainhand weapon (one handed, ground use only)

6) Elite trap skill

7) Traps buffed to Dragonhunter levels

8) More pets that have usable fields on their F2s

9) Signet love (slight cooldown reduction, etc) and elite signet/healing signet options

10) Hummingbird Pet With swarm attack (calls in 3 more hummers) and aoe reveal F2 skill (can’t think of anything else right now lol)

Sarhaz [CDS]

I was a ranger before shortbow had 1200m range AND after it didn’t…

(edited by GUFF.5692)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ider.1276

Ider.1276

Druid nerfed.

That actually would be great. Just give eles or heralds grace of the land and nerf druid heal, so we could play ranger, not a staff healbot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

Egrimm Van Horstmann.7921

A ranged option that can do good damage and is not a projectile. For instance a whip or polearm would be a nice addition.

Birds attacking more consistently. I really wanted to run a bird but their initial attack is soo slow since they open with swoop and can’t pull agro like all other damage pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

The ability to control all of the pet skills (F1,F2,F3,F4)
They could add an option to enable/disable this if people couldn’t or aren’t willing to deal with all of that micro. Would certainly make some pets a lot more viable than they currently are.

A viable power ranger build for PvE
Power rangers have never been anything more than a inferior and far more replaceable buffer than a PS during the best of times.

The Black Moa / Pink Moa situation
The previous Pink Moa daze needed to be nerfed a bit. It should have been brought down to the level of the Black Moa and not lower, however. The Black Moa should be a unique skin and not a better version of the Moa.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

We’ve got all damage-conditions covered by our pets, except for torment. That one is still missing, so I’d like a pet that gives torment to enemies.
As for cc conditions, I believe we’re still missing slow and taunt for out pets. That would be nice as well, same goes for the missing boons our pets cannot provide yet.

Somebody else already mentioned it, but I’d also like an elite trap.

A Dagger Main Hand and/or Sword Off Hand.

As for other professions as well: If the leaks are correct, Warrior would get Spellbreaker which resembles Paragon from Elona, I think by the looks of it. Which is awesome. I am hoping the elementalist would get a elite specialization that resembles Dervish, because I think it would fit elementalist most, allthough it doesn’t look like it atm looking at the leaks.
Dreaming further, if we would go to cantha next, I’m hoping either the guardian or the ranger will get a elite specialization that resembles the ritualist, allthough I can imagine revenant and necromancer being able as well, assassin for thief. If we close the circle we would go to old tyria next ^^

(edited by Bast Bow.2958)

in Ranger

Posted by: serow.6524

serow.6524

2 more bounces added to Axe 1.

Current 80s: Ranger, Mesmer, Guardian, Elementalist, Revenant, Necromancer.
Working on: Engineer

in Ranger

Holland.9351

As for cc conditions, I believe we’re still missing slow and taunt for out pets.

That reminds me of a suggestion I keep repeating over the years:

New pet: Plated Behemoth

• Bear base skills.
  • F2: Taunt nearby enemies.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Combo fields for rangers that are not linked to spirits or Off-hand weapons with long cooldowns (forcing Quickdraw) , the old Kindle arrows ect as Utility traits as more x amount of shots same method as Sharpening stones. .

revert Greatsword maul to cause Cripple and or keeping the bleed , change the counter attack throw to Immobilise (1second from behind)

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Hmm id really argue against reverting maul. Its current force is actually quite strong, especially if your running a beast mastery build. Hell its incredibly good with a tiger or other pets with heavy damage single hit attacks like drakes and wolves. And its pretty nice normally due to the fact that you can precast it since the buff has a TWENTY SECOND DURATION. Letting you trigger the damage boost three times in quick succession (precast maul before fighting. Maul during the fight into hilt bash then maul again). The low cooldown on it lets you produce that damage buff ALOT.

Counterattack/crippling throw im iffy on. I like counterattack as well as its rebound skill. Though I do wish you could trigger it manually (I.E. Remain blocking for a time)

As for crippling throw. I almost wish this wasn’t a cc based skill at all but a fairly hard hitting ranged attack. That sort of “If I hit someone trying to run away with this it should HURT” kind of skill. A away of punishing a careless retreat without forcing me to weapon swap leaving me open to a reengage.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

While, for whatever reason, I don’t seem to have the same difficulty on this front, I’d totally support a “Reflected!” over what might represent a significant power creep that could result in potential class breaking nerfs to druid down the road to compensate.

If that message could be toggled on/off via options, all the better.

Wrong sub biff, he he he

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

On the visual side of things (of what I would like to see), check out this thread and support if you agree.