Thinking of rolling a ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nobodyspecial.1027

Nobodyspecial.1027

Hey all,
First time ever getting involved in GW and was wondering if a ranger class would be a good starting class for me. So how are rangers doing atm and should I level one up? I hear that they are horrible in PvE but great in pvp. Also what is a good race to play or does it even matter?

in Ranger

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

They’re good in PvE actually.
If you’re expecting a ‘sit back and pew pew with my weapon and see lots of big numbers’ class you should investigate warriors with a bow or rifle. If you want a pet for eyecandy, any other class with a minipet would suit you better.

A ranger’s pet is for life, not just when it suits you. So ask yourself: “Do I like having a pet by my side all the time?”

If you don’t then you’re better off moving along.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nobodyspecial.1027

Nobodyspecial.1027

All I care about is if there good in pvp and fun to level up. Been around MMO’s for awhile and so I have some idea on rangr type classes

in Ranger

Posted by: Zardis.1745

Zardis.1745

You will see a lot of raging around the forums about them not being good, but if you like it, roll it. They are really fun to play in any form of the game.

in Ranger

Posted by: Loki.4871

Loki.4871

All I care about is if there good in pvp and fun to level up. Been around MMO’s for awhile and so I have some idea on rangr type classes

Which is why I said what I did; this incarnation of the ranger is not the ranged weapon god. That’s the warrior. This ranger is just at home in melee as it is at ranged combat.

This ranger’s pet is not eyecandy. It does a big part of the class’ damage and you will have to take care of it.

in Ranger

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

I’ve played a ranger since beta and still love it. They are very versitile and their pets can make all the difference in any fight. If anything, hunting down and taming all of the pets is very fun as well. I have also played all other classes, and my ranger still tops out as my primary, my guardian second.

As far as PVP goes I cannot really say, I do not enjoy PVP as much personally but for PVE and leveling I love this class.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs