Third pet for Ranger

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Skeeya.8416

Skeeya.8416

I think it would be balanced if Rangers could have 3 pets at all times. It would make battles more interesting if we always had two options to choose from when we want to swap out our pet.

It would keep the issues pets have more manageable and would not make us more powerful, but more versatile. Versatility is what Ranger is all about.
The cooldown for pet swap could remain as is.
Let us pick a third pet to bring with us.

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’d wrather 1 good customizable pet over more lame ones.

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

Meh, just fix pet names and give us better offensive abilities, and we’ll be happy.

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Funny you should post this. Yesterday during a fight out in WvW I thought it would have been nice to been able to swap pets again to maybe a third option. I was solo running from a thief camping one of the exits of our spawn.

Didn’t think much of him/her since it was only one so lead them on a merry chase for a bit until I found a place to engage. Well, long story short we danced a bit and just as I finished them off two more of his server showed up so without much resting or resetting I’m back to a fight but this time uneven…life isn’t fair and apparently neither is this fantasy world I play in

Necro and some other class which is escaping me. Anyway my point, and to yours, I kept getting the Necro close to death but couldn’t finish him with his/her little pet Asura who kept nipping at my heels. Fight lasted a good while, so that means either they both sucked (possible), one of them sucked (I think the Asura), or I was playing my A game (no, I am just average so the Asura really was bad…) but I was thinking to myself I would have liked to swap one more time to burst/finish the Necro.

Then I was thinking while taking my dirt nap that no, that would actually be a bit over powered. Sure, I didn’t have the pets I would have liked out or I mismanaged them. I was using bristleback and smokescale which are good. I just wanted one more swap/attack to finish because I couldn’t do it.

So no, we don’t need a third pet, while nice, and I was thinking along those lines, I can clearly see that would be a wee bit OP…and we can’t have that.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Get out of range of the necro down skills then wreck the asura. Downed people make great aggro bots for your enemies allowing you to freecast.

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Get out of range of the necro down skills then wreck the asura. Downed people make great aggro bots for your enemies allowing you to freecast.

You are right. I can’t say why I stayed on the Necro. Like I hinted at earlier I’m only so-so and that is just proof. I mean seriously now that you pointed it out I’m thinking wtf didn’t I think of that.

Gah! Oh well, note to self for the next time if it happens again.

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I’d wrather 1 good customizable pet over more lame ones.

I fully agree. I would like to have a good fully cotumizable pet, with the mechanics from the old shouts in our Fx than like now we have 2 very lame pets. That stay dead most of the time.

My pets although I have it in passive dies most of the time from random AoE that don’t hit me but are close. So yeah there is that.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

I have problems managing two pets, much less 3.

Though i would like to have all 3 pets i actually named out at once.

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

Maybe arena net will give us those cute, tiny, little pack of raptors we all love and hate in HoT zones. I always thought those would be a great pet to have.

Third pet for Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Mitch Taxus.2053

Mitch Taxus.2053

Meh, just fix pet names and give us better offensive abilities, and we’ll be happy.

The fact the game fails to remember all my Pet names is soooo annoying that it actually puts me of changing pets sometimes – surely this can’t be that hard to fix.
Please please make the game remember my pets names!

Having three pets is a nice idea (i fancy a mix of support, melee, ranged), but not sure it’s the most important thing – and you’d need an effective way to decide which of the other pets you were swapping to.