This is how I feel.

This is how I feel.

in Ranger

Posted by: JaceTheAce.9875

JaceTheAce.9875

Honestly, I’m getting sick and tired of all the nerfing going on for all classes. The real issue is that Anet seems so focused on buffing clsses that are already strong enough as is and yet classes like the ranger and elementalist are still weak as hell for DPS. I know some of you don’t care much about the DPS for your classes, but compared to other classes, there is some serious problems with how we can compete.

Its been months since since the game has been up and even more so for when the devs opened up beta tests. They had time to fix the issues with the ranger bugs that affect our performance and more so balanced out they way for how we can play. Are they still beta testing right now for how to balance classes out? Fix this already. I don’t want to change classes because the ranger is the class i want to play. It’s supposed to jack of all trades, but that doesn’t mean we have to be bad at everything. Heck warriors are even proving to be better at ranged combat than us.

Here’s a vid on how i feel. Credit goes to the author but it really does show how i feel about this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htHRErZM7QM

This is how I feel.

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Well you know, rangers aren’t as bad in damage as youre making them out.
Sure, we have our disadvantages, but we still do decent DPS if you pick some good weapons.

Now what you can’t do, is use a broken weapon like longbow, or use the axe at 1v1 and expect huge damage.

This is how I feel.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Which is my problem, I use longbow and GS and wont get rid of longbow.

This is how I feel.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

You should check out the SB, Axe/Torch combo.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

This is how I feel.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Heh, I feel like whoever published that video should be admonished for taking our trash outside of the official forums, but it’s just too funny. He could have avoided dishing dirt on Jon Peters on youtube though, the poor devs are just trying to do a difficult job as best they can.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

This is how I feel.

in Ranger

Posted by: JaceTheAce.9875

JaceTheAce.9875

Heh, I feel like whoever published that video should be admonished for taking our trash outside of the official forums, but it’s just too funny. He could have avoided dishing dirt on Jon Peters on youtube though, the poor devs are just trying to do a difficult job as best they can.

True, you have a point, but the problem is that while we still have the same problems since launch, other classes have been getting nothing but buffs, balances, and decent improvements to themselves. Heck, I’ve seen a warrior with a rifle outdamaging us, who are supposed to be the masters of ranged combat (engineers also but they almost consistently nothing but guns). And that’s a class that’s supposed to be masters of close combat. Thieves still out damage us by a ton and can get to us easily enough with their shadow steps.

As much as I feel sorry for the hard work the devs have put for the game, they feel like they’ve ignored fixing alot of the problems facing us. They even nerfed us when we were looking for a balance to the game. It isn’t fair and it does feel like the dev aren’t putting enough effort for us compared to the other classes who were already great and only getting better.

This is how I feel.

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

The real issue is that Anet seems so focused on buffing clsses that are already strong enough as is and yet classes like the ranger and elementalist are still weak as hell for DPS.

Elementalists aren’t bad dps.
I’ve actually heard some people have been doing work with them in tournies lately.

Rangers, the main problem is that next to every spec isn’t viable, one or 2 are, but that’s a far cry from many…

This is how I feel.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

The real issue is that Anet seems so focused on buffing clsses that are already strong enough as is and yet classes like the ranger and elementalist are still weak as hell for DPS.

Rangers, the main problem is that next to every spec isn’t viable, one or 2 are, but that’s a far cry from many…

None of our specs are really viable, no matter how we spec we’re still the weakest profession in PvP. My concern is that the devs will work on improving the weakest aspects of the Ranger profession (spirits and shouts, for example), while what we really need is for at least one or two options that allow us to compete with other professions. Shouts and Spirits can wait, but the broken pet mechanics and ranged damage are killing the class.

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -