Thoughts about the ranger in twitch stream

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I got really depressed when i saw the ranger by DPS in twitch.
It shown a really poor performance, damage really really low, even lower than now (obviously you can see the missing damage traits) and comparing to other classes seems so weak, deeply weak and i think i was right to foresee the ranger become the pariah.

Some of you may think the streamer didn’t know how to play the ranger but even the basic damage seems really poor.
When he shown the traps it was so sad. The damage and conditions so weak…

I don’t know how it could improve. You can think like using long attack chains but actually i don’t think we still have the sustain to stay in place for long, most of our attacks root us (sword, barrage, whirling defence, maul…)

The condition damage didn’t look good either, Bleeding 2K per tick, something that is weak compared to other classes shown in the same stream.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Care to provide some actual numbers for the direct damage?

I didn’t realize that 2K per tick bleeds were something that was thought of as weak. Care to elaborate on why in the world you think this?

I hope the newer players are noting who is always negative and not providing substance.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

This guy just didn’t understand most of the new stuff enough to actually show it off. Wait until tomorrow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

At least his Ranger segment was longer than the Necromancer’s. Necro was in-n-out like a burger.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

Did he show that new spirit grandmaster trait? Really wanna know which boons each spirit applies.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Nope. He glanced over Marksmanship, Skirmishing, and Wilderness survival. He slotted Beastmastery only because someone in chat requested to see Beastly Warden. I can’t recall Nature Magic even being slotted.

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

Welp, gotta wait till tomorrow then :/

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

It shown a really poor performance, damage really really low, even lower than now (obviously you can see the missing damage traits) and comparing to other classes seems so weak, deeply weak and i think i was right to foresee the ranger become the pariah.

Some of you may think the streamer didn’t know how to play the ranger but even the basic damage seems really poor.

I don’t know how it could improve. You can think like using long attack chains but actually i don’t think we still have the sustain to stay in place for long, most of our attacks root us (sword, barrage, whirling defence, maul…)

The condition damage didn’t look good either, Bleeding 2K per tick, something that is weak compared to other classes shown in the same stream.

Mate ranger in gw2 is in a bad spot. We have no other choice than changing class. Ranger unfortunatly is a cursed class and noone loves ranger..except us

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Yeah, we might as well wait ‘til tomorrow. It was even stated that the client they are playing on is not the final version that will be on the update tomorrow. Some things are probably going to be changed (such as Berserker’s Power being able to obtain the effect when skill-canceling the Burst) and tooltip descriptions, as some of the numbers were not up-to-date with the changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Burch.5732

Burch.5732

if you guys look at OP’s posting history, all of his posts about basically tears about the ranger profession. you don’t want to get better, you don’t want to switch profs, so why do you keep complaining on the forums? you and like 3 other people are of the same opinion. you’ve been told over and over how wrong you are about everything.

experienced rangers are stoked about the changes, and we’ll be in a very good shape tomorrow.

You missed the OP point – and he is correct that twitch failed.

The guy on twitch was not ranger fan and knew very little about rangers, and I hope the class is much better now, we will have wait and see, maybe we will not get the nerf bat later on and after all sad and done we will be okay.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

@Burch:
OP said quite a bit more about it than just how bad the streamer was … did his/her usual salty gripe about Ranger without providing any substance to back it up. That is why mistsim made the point (s)he did. It’s something that many of us that have been around for a while have noticed time and time again from the same few, overly vocal, salt piles.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

Care to provide some actual numbers for the direct damage?

I didn’t realize that 2K per tick bleeds were something that was thought of as weak. Care to elaborate on why in the world you think this?

I hope the newer players are noting who is always negative and not providing substance.

I just kinda popped in late to the stream. However I did get there in time to see an engineer get nearly an 8k burning tick so that’s probably what it’s being compared to. The streamer from DPS kept trying to spike condi damage on different classes and it seemed like most classes with access to burn were able to get above 3k on a tick. Maybe these won’t be happening in actual pvp, but the mere fact that they’re possible from 1 character is enough to scare me. Another goodie was a zerk engi killing the light armor golem with literally 1 click on the toolbelt throw wrench and procs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

An engie running the kind of burn setup the streamer did is gonna be dead long before pulling it off. The ranger example on the other hand is viable, although shown by someone with a clear lack of ranger knowledge.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Eh? We can already do more than 2k per tick in bleeds… before the updates to condition damage take place… I am pretty sure he didn’t know what he was doing, and what about fire and poison? We also have access to those on a standard run of the mill axe/dagger, sword/torch build… Anyhow, I’ll go have a look at the twitch video before opining anymore.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

An engie running the kind of burn setup the streamer did is gonna be dead long before pulling it off. The ranger example on the other hand is viable, although shown by someone with a clear lack of ranger knowledge.

Yea I was too late to see the ranger stuff so I have no idea about that. The engi though I think was just rabid and balth runes so that wouldn’t be dead that fast. The power one probably would be though haha.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

…on second thought. I hate twitch and can’t find crap on it.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The stream was terrible anyhow. The guy doing the DPS stream had almost zero game knowledge as to how ANY of the classes are currently played meta, let alone how they’ll end up being played.

He based a ton of what he showed on his opinion, and his opinions were really wrong in almost every case.

The stream literally would have been better off if he had just stopped talking, and then showcased the tooltip with every individual trait and showed examples of it working against golems.

The guy was just clueless and had no idea how to play OR to build.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

All the Streams are Engineers.

None of them want to show solid Ranger stream rather painful.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

At least his Ranger segment was longer than the Necromancer’s. Necro was in-n-out like a burger.

I like this so funny.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

watching that guy repeatedly saying how 2.1k autoattacks from 1500 range (without air or fire sigil procs) were “bad, so very bad, I don’t know why anyone would use this” made me lol pretty hard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

watching that guy repeatedly saying how 2.1k autoattacks from 1500 range (without air or fire sigil procs) were “bad, so very bad, I don’t know why anyone would use this” made me lol pretty hard.

Because mortar kit does the same damage aoe without a range penalty.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

mortar AA doesn’t do the same thing by any stretch of the imagination. LB AA is virtually instant. and any viable engie builds using mortar wont have any survivability.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

mortar AA doesn’t do the same thing by any stretch of the imagination. LB AA is virtually instant. and any viable engie builds using mortar wont have any survivability.

I’m not disputing builds, I’m stating a fact. Though, spamming auto on both classes leaves you vulnerable without swapping, difference is engis can swap around much more efficiently.

Which is better? /shrug

I just know that if left free, the aoe pressure of mortar is kitten impressive, and has higher potential than Ranger LB due to also being able to tool belt, not weak to strafe/run-throughs, and of course, aoe.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

The display of ranger on twitch was really poorly done because the guy doesn’t know how to play the class at all. He skipped so many details I was scratching my head the whole time.

This guy seems to be clueless about the damage pets can do, even more since the pets got their stats boosted baseline. Good longbow rangers will never run a bear and not make it attack it’s target.

A good rotation of the longbow is to stealth yourself with Hunter’s Shot, land the Barrage on point, then rapid fire their kitten into oblivion. This combo deals way more damage over time than simply standing there doing autos especially when you try fighting on a point.

On a side note, I totally laughed my kitten off when I saw him choosing Empathic Bond over Wilderness Knowledge for condi removal.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)