Time to beef up ranger DPS

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Now that the healing values have been “normalized” it is high time a a look is taken at ranger DPS, both condition and power based.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Power seems to be the only thing that needs work. Not much to do with our condition damage unless you want Anet to force any opponent facing a Ranger to stand still.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: meeflak.9714

meeflak.9714

All I want is sword Axe to be viable…. Such a fun weapon set

All professions lvl 80. x2 elementalist
main Druid ~~Adalyn Del Rayna~~ [SIGH]
[Ehmry Bay]

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The sword DPS got nerfed when they changed the animation.

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

You’ll be waiting a long time, maybe in the next elite spec.. But you’ll most likely only see very small enhancements to try and bring weapons not used as much in line with what is used the most to compensate for patch notes.

Other than that, I highly doubt you’ll see what you’re looking for.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

force any opponent facing a Ranger to stand still.

We can arranged that already.

in Ranger

Posted by: AnariiUK.7409

AnariiUK.7409

I would like to see some baseline buffs to our power DPS to bring it in line with other classes. I would do this by adding offensive utilities that we can take, similar to how condi-builds gain quite a lot of damage through traps and sharpening stone. This forces a choice between damage and more buffs (Spirits, GoE etc).

“Sic ’Em!” is nice, but makes very little difference since the pet hits like a wet noodle in PvE gametypes. Similarly quickening zephyr is amazing for solo play, but is useless if you’re getting quickness from elsewhere. It might be nice to make spike trap a power based DPS trap, similar to Procession of Blades from DH. Similarly making Signet of the wild instant cast would go a long way since you can activate it before a burst, without wasting too much time.