Tired of all the ''no rangers'' LFG-posts

in Ranger

Posted by: olleandersson.9408

olleandersson.9408

As a main ranger, I’m really sad to see all hate on rangers. It’s close to impossible to find a group using the LFG tool. Sure, I get it that people dont want the bearbow rangers in their group. But what about the rest of us, that can actually handle the ranger and the one handed sword? The ones who use full Berserker’s gear, spotter and frost spirit that actually adds a little something to the group? I’m almost 100% sure that most people don’t even know that rangers (if played right) actually are good. They have just seen too many posts telling them something else.

Once I get in a group, most people say ‘’Wow, I didn’t know rangers could be good’’. It’s a fact. Rangers are good. The DPS is quite high aswell. And, they bring a little something to the group with spotter and frost spirit. When are you guys going to give us, the good rangers, a chance? Allow rangers in your groups, but check their gear/weapons used first. I’m begging you. :c

~ [LuPi] Lupi Stole My Bike ~
Melee ranger since launch.

in Ranger

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

Fastest pug fractal run I have had to date had two rangers in it… Sadly, most rangers can’t play their class well so that’s where the bad reputation comes from…..

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I don’t let rangers into my group because A, I’m usually playing my ranger and having more than one is counterproductive and B, because it’s just easier to get a pug warrior than gamble with bearbow and axedevourer rangers.

Make your own parties or find a proper dungeon guild.

in Ranger

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

the no rangers LFG isn’t the problem. talk anet into spending some time cleaning up the mile long list of pet bugs and talk the ranger community at large into not using their hyper knockback on mobs standing in 2 100b’s. there’s people who hate rangers for very valid reasons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

@OP

Make your own groups and hope for less ignorant people. :/ I actually like good rangers, but holy kitten they are so rare.

in Ranger

Posted by: SephiSlash.6780

SephiSlash.6780

Rangers are mediocre at best, assuming the player is skilled. I’d take one at max with spotter FS and sword/wh.

in Ranger

Posted by: CJH.2879

CJH.2879

I’m honestly not sure why anyone wouldn’t want rangers in there party (especially in dungeons). More then a few times I saved my whole party from total disaster by healing them, removing there conditions (healing spring/bear) & yes even taking hits in direct combat thanks to my celestial armor.

I do find it quite amusing when a whole party goes down & I’m the only one still standing because my pet is taking all the damage for me. This then allows me to run around & get my downed allies up again. Rangers are so versatile & useful, also from my experience the more of them you have the better.

Players easily forget that pets are literal meat shields that can both distract & keep foes away from the players themselves. When you have multiple party members whom are rangers try using say the Hyena…. You’ll easily have your foes outnumbered (with the F2 ability summon ally hyena) very quickly & the knockdown of the foe they cause is an added bonus.

One of the easiest dungeon runs I’ve ever had was with multiple rangers in my party in the Ascalon Dungeon. I think people are thinking too much about crunched numbers or maxed out conditions & when a certain number of a specific class is too many and counter productive.

Rangers can hold there own & are invaluable in both a support role & a direct dps role. There is no scenario I can envision where they wouldn’t be useful in some capicity. Try throwing some celestial armor on with Opal trinkets…. you’ll be able to take damage & be able to dish it out as well with chance to critical above 50%. Have fun & happy gaming =D

in Ranger

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

I’m honestly not sure why anyone wouldn’t want rangers in there party (especially in dungeons). More then a few times I saved my whole party from total disaster by healing them, removing there conditions (healing spring/bear) & yes even taking hits in direct combat thanks to my celestial armor.

I do find it quite amusing when a whole party goes down & I’m the only one still standing because my pet is taking all the damage for me. This then allows me to run around & get my downed allies up again. Rangers are so versatile & useful, also from my experience the more of them you have the better.

Players easily forget that pets are literal meat shields that can both distract & keep foes away from the players themselves. When you have multiple party members whom are rangers try using say the Hyena…. You’ll easily have your foes outnumbered (with the F2 ability summon ally hyena) very quickly & the knockdown of the foe they cause is an added bonus.

One of the easiest dungeon runs I’ve ever had was with multiple rangers in my party in the Ascalon Dungeon. I think people are thinking too much about crunched numbers or maxed out conditions & when a certain number of a specific class is too many and counter productive.

Rangers can hold there own & are invaluable in both a support role & a direct dps role. There is no scenario I can envision where they wouldn’t be useful in some capicity. Try throwing some celestial armor on with Opal trinkets…. you’ll be able to take damage & be able to dish it out as well with chance to critical above 50%. Have fun & happy gaming =D

Mind you not everyone favors to range everything to death in tanky gear while the AI hold agro for them, but i agree a decent ranger who knows how to handle his/har class, including the pet of course, is a great addition to the group. With the meta build even with their lower damage (lower compared to what? eles? sure it is) the buff they can give via Spotter and Frost spirit make them worthwhile. Oh god and healing spring is just such a great heal skill. Add in reflect, various buffs and abilities from pets, a blast finisher with long lasting fury and swiftness, a hilariously OP burst option with Signet of the Wild, etc … Rangers are great. Players arent.

in Ranger

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Fastest pug fractal run I have had to date had two rangers in it… Sadly, most rangers can’t play their class well so that’s where the bad reputation comes from…..

You and many other people who say this should re-phrase that to ‘most rangers you’ve seen’ because I’ve been in many dungeon runs with rangers and never had any problem at all, whether it was Caudicus’ Manor, Twilight Arbor, Citadel of Flame or Arah.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Ranger

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Those are just groups made by ignorant people that you probably don’t want to play with anyway. It’s most likely the same people who make AP only groups or something silly like that, because apparently accumulating achievement points makes you a more skilled player. Who knew?

Rangers can be very useful to a group. Our spirits can help a lot when your group is not doing so well, and the Spotter trait provides a good DPS boost to the group. We have good mobility with signets so we can skip content well. We can also buff everyone with Fury/Might with our pets (Red Moa and Lynx).
Our damage is great and we can survive longer than other classes because we are ranged and we can just avoid any unnecessary damage and some times even save the group from a wipe.

But hey, most people need to complain about someone when a group wipes so we always take the blame. Just ignore the small minded people and play the class that you have fun with it and start your own group. Let them play with their warrior/guardian groups, I find those boring.

(edited by Davey.7029)

in Ranger

Posted by: MagicalSilence.1837

MagicalSilence.1837

It’s funny to see people take things so seriously nowadays….
Ive done multiple runs with all kinda people 3 hour arah runs including due to new peoples thats what we call in LFG for “lulz and giggles” and that’s what it is mainly It’s simply way more fun doing things when you need to try harder rather than stack in 1 place 25 stacks of might and dps tho thats just my opinion.

Desolution – Saesin Nyte & Xi Vixi – Simply Lovable Pug – Best Trebber EU

in Ranger

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

I actually like good rangers, but holy kitten they are so rare.

Thats the reason. Nobody wanna risk a slot and get a bad ranger in the end, when they can have another noob-warrior as long as he can deal dmg.

in Ranger

Posted by: torukmakto.3412

torukmakto.3412

I’ve heard this before, Rangers being kick just for being Rangers, But I have yet to experienced as a Ranger. I’ve also done different dungeons on my Rangers, and no one ever had a problem with me being a Ranger. and I play Melee ranger, GS & Sword/Warhorn often.

I which builds often too, which means, I don’t always use Spotter/FS. A few actually notice, and fewer actually care. I still contribute to the Group, Healing Spring, blast finisher for Drakes, Minor AoE healing from Sylvari hound, Fury from Moa and Might form the Cat.

in Ranger

Posted by: tim.1280

tim.1280

You and many other people who say this should re-phrase that to ‘most rangers you’ve seen’ because I’ve been in many dungeon runs with rangers and never had any problem at all, whether it was Caudicus’ Manor, Twilight Arbor, Citadel of Flame or Arah.

Nope sorry I have played since CB and my guild has had over 50 members for the most part of this time and they would also say good rangers are few and far between. Gg you have been very lucky …. Now let’s compare your experiences with the majority who have RQ due to one bad ranger in a party.

(edited by tim.1280)

in Ranger

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

It works both ways. As has been discussed to death, the two things that exacerbate this are; Rangers who haven’t learned that ranged pet-tanking is a crutch, and everyone else who hasn’t realised that rangers played properly have a lot to offer a group. A decent ranger can buff the party by ~+14% damage, maintain alot of stacks of Vulnerability, and provide a 10s water field and provide good DPS.

The class needs some work, particularly with regards to the pet (even more particularly when the pets are down, some kind of buff to the ranger while both pets are defeated would be great) but they shouldn’t be the pariah they currently are. Reputations are, however, hard to change.

in Ranger

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I hate classist. But last night, I had the most tedious fractal run ever. That involved a ranger bearbowing bloomhunger from 2000 range.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

It’s hard to find a competent ranger hence the “no ranger” on LFG.
I did scale 38 FOTM few days ago with a ranger, whole run took about one hour.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

I always get in groups fast

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Our damage is great and we can survive longer than other classes because we are ranged

These two contradict each other. Ranger ranged damage is not great.

in Ranger

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

If you invite a ranger it’s like a 5% chance they are actually useful. Easier to just say no rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

in Ranger

Posted by: EgonVenkman.1907

EgonVenkman.1907

Rangers get hate for a couple reasons.

1. Theoretical DPS – Too many people have autistic level obsession over the max dps a character can potentially bring to a fight. On paper, a ranger is not the max, so they will be shunned. Stupid, because PvE content can be done quickly when you don’t stand in the red rings.

2. Pet AI/Player Awareness – Players don’t pay attention to their pets, or think this game is WoW. Learning when to put your pet on passive in a group can improve a group run by a massive amount. Also, too many rangers essentially go AFK once their pet starts attacking. While I often don’t mind playing with a ranger, there a few dungeons where I cringe whenever I see a ranger. Not putting you pet on passive is the fastest way to a kick.

3. Sturdiness – This goes with awareness, but the class isn’t a guardian/warrior, so they may actually have to dodge an attack or wind up on the ground. Coupled with not moving/afk due to pet, and boom, downed ranger.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.”
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-27-guild-wars-2-preview?page=3

in Ranger

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

As a main ranger, I’m really sad to see all hate on rangers. It’s close to impossible to find a group using the LFG tool. Sure, I get it that people dont want the bearbow rangers in their group. But what about the rest of us, that can actually handle the ranger and the one handed sword? The ones who use full Berserker’s gear, spotter and frost spirit that actually adds a little something to the group? I’m almost 100% sure that most people don’t even know that rangers (if played right) actually are good. They have just seen too many posts telling them something else.

Once I get in a group, most people say ‘’Wow, I didn’t know rangers could be good’’. It’s a fact. Rangers are good. The DPS is quite high aswell. And, they bring a little something to the group with spotter and frost spirit. When are you guys going to give us, the good rangers, a chance? Allow rangers in your groups, but check their gear/weapons used first. I’m begging you. :c

Well, too big risk to take a ranger maybe, i was playing with one bearbow on fractals like 2 weeks ago and it was so annoying

(edited by Bartosz.2013)

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Look at all the resistance in the “be a ranger, not an archer” thread and you’ll see why everyone hates rangers. I love rangers more than anyone and I hate it when a ranger joins my group. Out of hundreds or thousands of dungeon runs, I can probably count on one hand the number of times a competent melee ranger has joined my group. It’s insanely rare to get something other than a bearbow or something like a mainhand axe and pink moa. Makes me a sad fluffball when I hate people playing my own class.

in Ranger

Posted by: olleandersson.9408

olleandersson.9408

Yeah, that’s the thing – Not everyone runs bearbow though. There are a few of us that actually go with greatsword + sword/warhorn and who actually are good at it. Makes me sad that the ’’bad’’ rangers gives the rest of us bad reputation…

Thank you, moderator, who moved the thread to the ’’Ranger’’ section, so that nobody else but rangers cares to read it. No wonder nothing changes…

~ [LuPi] Lupi Stole My Bike ~
Melee ranger since launch.

in Ranger

Posted by: nearlight.3064

nearlight.3064

The hate on necromancer is even worse, and more toxic and debilitating. At least rangers have a meta build with good cleave damage and group utility. Necromancers have probably better single target damage, but the lack of utility makes them an objective worst class for PvE. No class should be the worst in something like PvE. Necro suffer from a similar bearbow mentality due to all the condition specs you’ll see, so the dedicated power necros experience stigma in finding groups that is as bad as and probably even more justified than rangers.

Necromancer Main
Taking a break from GW2 to play various
Nintendo games..

in Ranger

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

I just hit the little button that says “Advertise your group” and it usually fills up in a matter of seconds. If there are multiple rangers, I ask what they are running and adjust my build.

For every person that starts a group because the “EXP 80 ZERK WAR/GAR ONLY” tag is annoying, there are 10 who balk at the group description and pray someone else fixes it for them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

This forum is a piece of kitten ate my post TWICE!

#I no words have"

in Ranger

Posted by: djunior.4187

djunior.4187

The problem is the player, not the ranger class.
But people should stop the “no ranger” block and start a “no bearbow” block. I guess more people would learn how to play in group with a ranger then.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/28hd5h/why_the_prejudice_against_rangers/

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

The problem is the player, not the ranger class.
But people should stop the “no ranger” block and start a “no bearbow” block. I guess more people would learn how to play in group with a ranger then.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/28hd5h/why_the_prejudice_against_rangers/

Would not help in the slighted, the problem is the output to effort on the ranger is no were near where it needs to be which put a poorly played warrior (or guardian really) at a unacceptable level of output/effectiveness where the poorly played ranger is at a very noticeable level of ineffectiveness.

This is compounded by Anet encounter design with numerous situation that will in fact flatten the pet not amount of micromanagement will fix this. So the developer know the problem exist, but take a stance of “We can not design content around one profession” when they seem to forget the range denial that they place in mesmer and guardian that can (when timed well) trivializes content.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I love my Ranger to death but I made a Warrior for running dungeons. I don’t see any sense in trying to convince people that they shouldn’t kick me when I know that I’ll have to try to convince the very next group I join as well. People can be jerks and when it’s on a scale such as this I’d rather avoid the conflict of disagreement and save using my Ranger for WvW, PvP and open world. So I don’t get to use her in dungeons, meh… If I suck on my Warrior it’s not my fault no one wants to find out how capable I am with my Ranger. But at least I don’t have to ping all my gear, explain my traits and why I’m appropriate for the job before starting the kitten dungeon.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

The hate on necromancer is even worse, and more toxic and debilitating. At least rangers have a meta build with good cleave damage and group utility. Necromancers have probably better single target damage, but the lack of utility makes them an objective worst class for PvE. No class should be the worst in something like PvE. Necro suffer from a similar bearbow mentality due to all the condition specs you’ll see, so the dedicated power necros experience stigma in finding groups that is as bad as and probably even more justified than rangers.

Unfortunate but true. Although I wouldn’t say the hate for Necromancer’s is worse. Both of my mains, which I rotate between evenly, are a Ranger and a Necromancer. I know from first hand experience that neither of them are welcome in dungeons and everyone assumes they’re running the wrong build and are bad with their profession before giving them a chance. It’s really sad that two of my favorite professions in the game aren’t welcome in dungeons, which I run at least a few of a day for gold, so I’m instead forced to bring my Warrior which I created specifically for dungeons.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

You guys should find a guild that matches your interests and playstyle, or build up a friends list of decent people you PUG with. I used to grab 1-4 people from my friends list to avoid using LFG solo.

(edited by TurtleDragon.3108)

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Maybe I misunderstood the point of the thread, turtle. I thought it was ‘crappy rangers make people hate rangers.’

I pretty much never wait for any length of time to find a PUG. A few weeks ago I was kicked for the first time I can remember for joining as a ranger, after months of doing almost all dungeon runs every day. I thought my game bugged out I was so confused. A couple party members whispered me saying I started a big argument because the leader kicked a ranger with a cat and s/wh showing and everyone was yelling at each other about it. Ha.

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Oh you’re right. I just read the first two sentences and skimmed the rest lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Look at all the resistance in the “be a ranger, not an archer” thread and you’ll see why everyone hates rangers. I love rangers more than anyone and I hate it when a ranger joins my group. Out of hundreds or thousands of dungeon runs, I can probably count on one hand the number of times a competent melee ranger has joined my group. It’s insanely rare to get something other than a bearbow or something like a mainhand axe and pink moa. Makes me a sad fluffball when I hate people playing my own class.

I don’t know…

The easy fellow Ranger kills in WvW are pretty sweet though.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I find that just plain weird. No other class in WvW do I consistently annihilate like I do to rangers. And I’m playing a ranger. ??? On a wide variety of builds, too, so I’m not just running pure cheese.

I know I’m not just an amazingly ridiculously better player than every one else, because other classes are often able to put up a fight. It’s like the skill level of rangers in WvW is roughly -27.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

I wouldnt say most wvw rangers are necessarily bad players but the amount of outright really bad builds is concerningly high.

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

in Ranger

Posted by: Kvera.1649

Kvera.1649

This discussion is a good sample of limits of the Ranger class.
“Please, use this meta or you don’t contribute in anything on this group”
“This is the only way to be accepted on a fractal”.

We don’t have nothing more to offer except Spotter+Frost Spirit? Thats it?

If you just want do some cool stuff like: throw axes, shoot arrows, swing a big sword, you can’t! Because you will be a potato sack! You will be ridiculous.
When we talk about pets, it’s worst! More of 70% pets are useless doing a same job of other, this is ridiculous.

It’s frustrating.

Bánghrian [CopR] – Sylvari Ranger
The Copper Ram @ Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Reason why rangers are hated in dungeon and, by the way, in the lfg :

1 – L2P issue yes there are still rangers that use LB #4 ad nauseum (and that would be the very reason for kick)
2 – The guys that fit the description above tend to forgot a lot to read teamchat.
3 – Pet. Although a pet may be a meat shield, it :
– aggro
– push boss out of corner (god that’s tiring!)
– die before being usefull as a meatshield because it can’t dodge.
4 – Most of dungeon are done melee because it’s a pain to run after trash. (Sadly most of the rangers want to play at range)
5 – Spirit can be great but they still die easily. A banner never die.
6 – Rangers that don’t know how to control their pet (aka : AC path 2 boss puller)

But, if we leave this aside, rangers are great for dungeon. Ton of heal, tons of evade, ok dps, nice party buff… The fact is rangers are hated because when you’ve got one in your party it’s a gamble to see if it will be hell or heaven (depending on your ranger).

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

in Ranger

Davey.7029

Reason why rangers are hated in dungeon and, by the way, in the lfg :

1 – L2P issue yes there are still rangers that use LB #4 ad nauseum (and that would be the very reason for kick)
2 – The guys that fit the description above tend to forgot a lot to read teamchat.
3 – Pet. Although a pet may be a meat shield, it :
– aggro
– push boss out of corner (god that’s tiring!)
– die before being usefull as a meatshield because it can’t dodge.
4 – Most of dungeon are done melee because it’s a pain to run after trash. (Sadly most of the rangers want to play at range)
5 – Spirit can be great but they still die easily. A banner never die.
6 – Rangers that don’t know how to control their pet (aka : AC path 2 boss puller)

But, if we leave this aside, rangers are great for dungeon. Ton of heal, tons of evade, ok dps, nice party buff… The fact is rangers are hated because when you’ve got one in your party it’s a gamble to see if it will be hell or heaven (depending on your ranger).

1) As long as you tell people not to use the 4th LB skill, they will stop. When I started doing dungeons I also did it at first, but when people told me it was annoying to them, I never did it anymore. If the ranger keeps doing it, then he’s just not a good teammate.

3 – Again, new players who don’t know yet that some pets are better for certain occasions, which would be simply solved by telling them to switch to another pet, to put it passive or whatever.

4 – This is more of a gear issue then anything else. When you reach lvl 80 you have no toughness so it’s really hard to get right close to bosses as a ranger, specially when you don’t know the tactics (when to dodge and when to avoid certain attacks).

5 – Can’t remember the last time my frost spirit died. I usually drop it close to the group but obviously never on top of it so it doesn’t get killed.

6 – See number 3

Every thing you described there has a simple answer: new players, that’s it. Just gotta teach people if they don’t know what to do.

(edited by Davey.7029)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

Every thing you described there has a simple answer: new players, that’s it. Just gotta teach people if they don’t know what to do.

I hope you would be right but sadly not.

I really enjoy playing ranger in dungeon so I’m a bit indulgent when I see a ranger with low AP but, when i see a 10k+ AP ranger that have the listed issues, i’m totally not. Last time I kicked a ranger it was on CoE. we asked the guy to stop using LB#4 for 10 min. He had something like 12k AP and was just rolling it’s skill as soon as they were up.
Another time, i entered in a party with 2 rangers that were stacking on the corner with their LB and… using LB#4 everytime it was up. I leaved this party after the first champ. That was awfull. The guys even flamed me after because I leaved. How do you do any damage if some ranger knockback your target ad nauseum? You can’t do a thing. No fgs, no HB, nothing. With a LB ranger in your party, you are almost forced to carry a range weapon.

Most of the rangers you see in game have bad habits with LB. Most of the ranger you see want to play range. And most of the ranger you see don’t have a clue on how to controle their pet.

That’s why rangers are hated. Nothing more nothing else. Oh and… the more AP point a ranger have, the less he will listen. That’s just how thing are from my experience. But, I’m sure you have many differents experiences with rangers that were great at everything?

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

(edited by Dadnir.5038)

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I wouldnt say most wvw rangers are necessarily bad players but the amount of outright really bad builds is concerningly high.

Go to PvP, and just spectate a few hotjoins. Oh, have 911 ready to be dialed on your phone, for when you facedesk yourself into a concussion.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I find that just plain weird. No other class in WvW do I consistently annihilate like I do to rangers. And I’m playing a ranger. ??? On a wide variety of builds, too, so I’m not just running pure cheese.

I know I’m not just an amazingly ridiculously better player than every one else, because other classes are often able to put up a fight. It’s like the skill level of rangers in WvW is roughly -27.

I make it my mission when I’m on my ranger to hunt down and kill every other ranger I come in contact with. I’m hoping that one of these days, instead of just crying that their bearbow doesn’t work or sit there baffled that their bear didn’t draw my aggro so they can shoot me, that they actually pay attention to what I’m doing and running so that they learn something from the experience.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Davey.7029

I hope you would be right but sadly not.

I really enjoy playing ranger in dungeon so I’m a bit indulgent when I see a ranger with low AP but, when i see a 10k+ AP ranger that have the listed issues, i’m totally not. Last time I kicked a ranger it was on CoE. we asked the guy to stop using LB#4 for 10 min. He had something like 12k AP and was just rolling it’s skill as soon as they were up.
Another time, i entered in a party with 2 rangers that were stacking on the corner with their LB and… using LB#4 everytime it was up. I leaved this party after the first champ. That was awfull. The guys even flamed me after because I leaved. How do you do any damage if some ranger knockback your target ad nauseum? You can’t do a thing. No fgs, no HB, nothing. With a LB ranger in your party, you are almost forced to carry a range weapon.

Most of the rangers you see in game have bad habits with LB. Most of the ranger you see want to play range. And most of the ranger you see don’t have a clue on how to controle their pet.

That’s why rangers are hated. Nothing more nothing else. Oh and… the more AP point a ranger have, the less he will listen. That’s just how thing are from my experience. But, I’m sure you have many differents experiences with rangers that were great at everything?

I don’t see many rangers to be honest so I can’t comment on that lol. But hey, like I said in another post, AP has nothing to do with skill or anything. It just means you’ve spent a lot of time in the game completing achievements (doing the dailies/monthly, the living world stuff, etc…). What matters is experience. Is player A experienced in a particular dungeon? Does he run the dungeon very often? That’s what matters.

What I can say is that I’ve met players with low and high achievement points that simply don’t talk in the team chat. I don’t know why, maybe they’re busy irl or they just don’t speak english or maybe they just don’t care enough to type. It is frustrating if you’re trying to organize something but it happens with people of all skill levels in all online games.