To Irenio/Devs

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: PeterPrime.1730

PeterPrime.1730

Hey dear Devs / Irenio,

I am getting REALLY tired of seeing nothing but your kitten ed nerfs each passing day to my main. One pvp l2p scrub starts crying “op” and you immediately nerfstomp all our useful stuff in a single day?

Do you think that’s the way to treat the crappiest, most broken class of the game?

Even though I disliked the idea of druid at first (didn’t even bother prepurchasing until before HoT came out). While I was playing it, I actually took a liking to it, and thought it had great potential if a few issues would be addressed (mostly the AF generation by other ranger weapons, adding some more synergy with condi builds, pets etc). Because for once, I felt like I actually provided visible, viable support to my groups.

I really, really looked forward to smokescale (F2 smoke field mostly and a decent burst pet), also couldn’t wait to try out the extra dps I could bring to my party along with tough heal for the raids, even in zerker.

And what did we get in return? You pathetically destroyed our elite’s core mechanism at launch, and it’s still pretty darn useless with anything that’s not a staff. You destroyed our best pet (smokescale) in a single day, and now you completely ruined one of our best GM traits. What’s next, you’ll nerf your “healer” spec by 90%? Is that your great logic?

I am getting tired of the kitten community who’d nerf the hell out of us, because we actually got something useful for a change and would have a better place in the “meta”.
(Even though it’s an addition to a broken class….)

So, how about you did some proper testing and stopped listening to those pvp l2p crybabies before COMPLETELY destroying us one-by-one with these meganerfs?

P.S.: No offense intended to you Irenio, as silly as it sounds, I still respect you for you trying to help us, rangers. And I actually believe you’re here to help us.

Thank you for reading, and I apologize for the long text.

Best Regards,

An angry ranger…

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

+1 man, I too was not fond of the Druid, but I learned to like him and now i am in love with him. finally i get a good build… a build that still is sub par with everyone esle but is fun to play, and its gets shoved to the ground bringing that build from sub par to completely useless.

its frustration at this point…

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: SirWarriant.2319

SirWarriant.2319

This is literally the worst treatment of a class I have ever seen in any game. Congratz guys I’ll send you a little plaque you can hang up in your office congratulating you.

Ullr Thorgislwulf: 80 Ranger Yaks Bend sPvP & WvW
Eladan of Greenwood: 80 Ranger
Elemir Swiftblade: 80 Thief

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

They need to scrap the current Druid and rework it altogether.

It’s clearly not working out: devs are getting frustrated, players are getting frustrated. It’s the only way to go.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Ronorra.1530

Ronorra.1530

I have to fight the urge to slap some well deserved curses here since this is getting utterly stupid with all the effing nerfs. Congrats devs, due to all this ‘care’ you took in the class I so stupidly main and have put alot of gold and cash into it I feel just utterly betrayed and sick. What an effing idiot I am for actually believing that the whole Druid reveal scam was actually the start of Anet fixing ranger problems and make druid viable. And what an idiot I was for actually buying HoT. No more, I am done.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Honestly, my enjoyment of the overall game is flatlining. Again, one beta test for a class is going to result in this level of nonsense. Like Sir Warriant said, I’ve also never seen anything like this in the many games I’ve played over twenty years.

Even Mythic wasn’t this heavy-handed and quick with the nerfs.

If this keeps up, I’ll be moving on as well. It makes no sense for me to play a game, much less pay for items in the gemstore, when you nerf the heals and healing on your so-called ‘healing class’ based on the mind-numbing complaints of PvPers who died.

Please stop basing your ‘adjustments’ on PvP. It’s killing the class you want to use to keep everyone else alive in raids and dungeons for PvE.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

He is reading this forum actually. And seeing all the negative feedback in the ranger section, all the complaints and issues, he ( they ) continues to heavy-nerf this class giving nothing back. Not a single buff. Even those that we recieved are actually REVERSED NERFS THAT HE ( THEY ) STEALTH-IMPLEMENTED ON RELEASE.

kitten , that’s not the way you balance things. That’s not the way you treat your customers. That’s not the way how business must be done.

And yeah, HoT doesn’t near worth 50$.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

Even non-ranger players start feeling bad about constant druid nerfs since launch…

Some nerfs were required but most of them are more like “YOLO, let’s completely destroy this and see how it turns out”.
Druid needed a slight resource generation tuning: 10 sec CD, resource generation destroyed, new resource degen out of combat, reduced Celestial Avatar duration. Broken as kitten, let’s reverse at least the degen. Still half broken due to the CD and the lack of generation on non-staff weapons.
Smokescale… don’t get me started here… 90% of the rangers (poll data) don’t understand the F2 swap and want smoke cloud back. Irenio is “investigating” it.
Lingering Light needed a longer cooldown… Cooldown increased from 3 sec to 12 sec? What the kitten?

Give us a break.

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: dkspins.4670

dkspins.4670

+1 to the OP and others who’ve posted about the constant nerfs of Druid/Ranger. I wake up in the morning and wonder what Anet has nerfed for the class, It was difficult enough to get used to the idea of being a healer class as a Druid, but once again some devs have made it so that other classes do it better.

7k hr, 13k AP, 16 char, all classes 80 Sadly, 3.5k hr. Ranger

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

To be fair, some of stuff may have indeed been an issue, deserving to be toned down.

Where it hurts, for me, is the “may”. Because some of it “may not” have deserved it It’s not even been a week after the release of 9 elite specs introducing new mechanisms, and additional possibilities have been added to sPvP in the form of new stats and rune sets. Is less than a week really enough to judge that there is no counterplay, that the meta has been shattered and dominated by one class, one skill, one build or one set of stats?

I don’t mind the balancing, even when it tones down my main class. I do very much mind the apparent kneejerk reaction to loud complaints when the community hasn’t been given any time to work out builds, counterbuilds, and find out where the balance actually lies.

Also, but i feel like a broken record on this one, the technology is apparently there to split skills/effects between sPvP and the rest of GW2. Could that please be used more? Please let the rest of us enjoy the game modes of total imbalance.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

+1 to the OP.

Getting tired of seeing “new build will be available in 10 minutes” & knowing it’ll bring another nerf.

Headdesk

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

they also deleted Minstrel Amulet in PvP with Druid in mind cuz of a QQ thread, essentially deleting the best full heal/support Druid Spec

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Smokescale was OP. Lingering Light was OP.
Can we at least agree on that?

Smokescale is still good.
Can we agree on that?

I have no idea in what place Lingering Light is in. It doesn’t look too good.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Earix.5684

Smokescale’s damage was OP yes, that’s not the issue. The F2 swap is.

Smokescale is still good.
Can we agree on that?

NO. It can still deal some damage (not the best choice for it) but Smokescale covers IMPORTANT fields and now, you have no control over it.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Holland.9351

In what situation has smokescale covered an all-important field for you?

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

No. They may well have been, but we’ll never know since they got downgraded before the meta had any chance to adjust and deal with them. Not even a week. I don’t play guardian much (and have yet to log my guardian, let alone unlock DH) but i feel the same about DH traps that caught the nerf bat too.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoberraz.2694

Zoberraz.2694

I tended to see pre-nerf Smokescale as the way pet ought to be now. I had this silly optimistic notion that rather than nerf the Smokescale’s damage, they would work to gradually bring the other pets up and on par to it.

It was a fantastically nice pet to have. Responsive, packed a whallop, and packed an on-demand Smoke Cloud that could be used tactically. I can’t speak on the class-vs-class balance of it, but it was a very satisfying sidekick to have.

With the nerfs, it is still a nice pet, but it lost a lot of its initial luster. I don’t mind the Smoke Assault damage reduction all that much, even though I think it was extreme – I would have thought it being more reasonable to see a 25% reduction in damage first, and then see how it panned out before considering lowering it again.

And that exemplifies what adjustments seen on rangers rangers. What I’ve seen so far as stealth nerfs, nerfs, and fixes of nerfs made. On top of that, the adjustments made are extremes, rather than truly iterative. This bites. It’s frankly very obvious that only getting one beta weekend is hurting us by a lot.

I’m still waiting to see nice things happen for this class. There was one: the pet AoE damage resistance was a step in the right direction which made it much more useful in world events. Now, what I feel needs to be done is to push for this class to bring it advantages that will indeed make it competitive to have around. Lingering Light – who’se benefits needed to come through the proxy of a pet or a fellow team-mate, was actually that.

It needs to be accepted that certain things we can do should seriously thwart other classes. Heck, Mesmer does that to me all the time. Raise the bar, please T_T

(edited by Zoberraz.2694)

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

I will probably give up on this game and will highly reccomend all my friends not to buy it because of kittenty design, total imbalance, constant unnecessary nerfs and bugs.

If u read it Anet, that’s how u loose your money. When a person like me, upset with your strategy ( since original GW2 ) tells all his friends not to buy your game. Maybe with calculations about how much money u actually loose in your mind, you will one day work better.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

“we want you to have the pets but we are completely unwilling to make them a contributing asset.”

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Earix.5684

Well apparently you unlocked Smokescale a few hours ago (from another Thread). Play a few more hours with it in organized groups and you will experience a ton of these situations ;)

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Holland.9351

Well apparently you unlocked Smokescale a few hours ago (from another Thread). Play a few more hours with it in organized groups and you will experience a ton of these situations

“organised groups” as in dungeons/fractals and stacking on top of a PvE boss? Maybe don’t use it in that situation.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Well apparently you unlocked Smokescale a few hours ago (from another Thread). Play a few more hours with it in organized groups and you will experience a ton of these situations

“organised groups” as in dungeons/fractals and stacking on top of a PvE boss? Maybe don’t use it in that situation.

No, think about it in WvW.

It could be pretty disastrous.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Earix.5684

Well apparently you unlocked Smokescale a few hours ago (from another Thread). Play a few more hours with it in organized groups and you will experience a ton of these situations ;)

Nope, Smokescale’s DPS is not the best in PvE. I don’t use it here. I use(d to use) it in WvW and PvP.

You will understand from yourself once you get a chance to actually play with it ;)

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Holland.9351

Do you have any videos of it constantly happening?

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Earix.5684

Nope, I haven’t recorded any WvW since HoT release. I might have hit the Shadowplay “record last 5 minutes” button once this week lol.

But you could go check yourself now that you have the pet

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I knew nothing good was going to come of them implementing a designated ‘healer’ spec (not 1, but 2 at that) to a game where they blatantly stated that they didn’t want ‘designated healers.’ It was their entire excuse for dropping Monk from the game.

I feel awful for the ranger mains.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Do you have any videos of it constantly happening?

Sigh. Do you need to know whether or not the huge unscrewed a/c unit on top of the floor of the building will fall on a passing civilian or not? No, It doesn’t matter. It’s doesn’t have to happen just to then be looked at.

Not that the smoke field isn’t proving to be a nuisance, here’s an instance where it happened for me: when I wanted to blast a water field I wanted to lay down, smokescale put down a smoke field on top of it straight before I did.
No I don’t have a picture or a video. I don’t need to prove it that way just for you to be able to comprehend such a simple notion of a possible scenario.
You’re saying it’s a scenario that won’t happen in such a dire way, and if it is so, telling others to use another pet. Hope the air is fresh up there on your high pedestal.

You’re the kind of person that if you see a water leak coming from above your apartment, you’re just gonna up and leave and find another place to live instead of getting it fixed. Maybe ok for you, but don’t use your standards to judge others. Go troll somewhere else.

To Irenio/Devs

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Smokescale… don’t get me started here… 90% of the rangers (poll data) don’t understand the F2 swap and want smoke cloud back. Irenio is “investigating” it.

What is your point here, can you colaborate?
What do we don’t understand?
That smoke on demand is better then burst?
Ranger has burst, but doesnt have survivability/sustainability compared to other classes.

No matter what you think, smoke field is a must to be an on demand skill.
While on demand smoke assault is nice, I and every loyal ranger knows,
that smoke field on demand brings 400% more play to the game then just one burst skill that doesn’t bring anything to build diversity.

yes 90% of the people that voted for F2 smoke assault to stay, don’t know that you can actively use smoke assault without using F2 key, but you can’t use smoke field actively. For that, i’ll let you brain storm, and play ranger a bit to discover why.

Ranger is a lot more advanced class then any one trick pony classes. People just don’t see it.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..