Top 10 Druid Forum Suggestions

in Ranger

Posted by: LyPiOn.8479

LyPiOn.8479

Hey Guys!
After reading alot of suggestions for the Druid in the forum i wanna point out the top 10 suggestions i found made the most sense for him.
I was playing almost the whole Beta mainly druid and i had alot of fun with it even tho theres alot of improvement for it.
Like most of you know already, the Druid is a main heal supporter and a great bunker as well. theres 1 BIG thing tho that every facetank bunker and support needs – Stabillity
the Ranger at all has very low access to it, even tho he has some skills that grant him stabillity which all have a cast time. Atm if the druid goes CA he’ll get stunned over and over by chronos scrapper and thiefs headshooting him which follows to not getting any healing abillity off. So heres the 1st and for me personally the most Important Suggestion:

1. granting an abillity to stunbreak and gaining access to stabillity

I read several pretty good options to gain access to stabillity. For example:
- Rampage as one beeing instant and stunbreaking
OR
- Seed of Life (CA #2) gaining stabillity while its casting
OR
- getting access to stabillity by entering CA maybe with Druid clarity (Druid Minor) merging to Grandmaster.
OR
- granting some glyphs stunbreaks and Stabillity

2. Condition removal

The druid has a nice amount of condi removal but VERY DELAYED and very low supported condi removal as well. Grace of the Land (Druid Grandmaster)makes it a bit less painfull but doesnt remove them. most allies die by condis while you trying to heal them or even better while you are in CA and you’d get some burn stacks from a burn guard on you with cleric for example you’d be dead bevore your Seed of Life blossoms. Seed of Life definitely needs to cast heavily faster. Or the druid would need some other access to cleanse conditions from allies.

3. Cosmic Ray (CA #1)

you barely hit any allie with that skill on range. The radius has to be increased or it has to be instant with some aftercast so that you could aim it properly.

4. Ancestral Grace (Staff 3)

very many suggestions that this skill works properly on short range that you dont stand still in it for a while. That’ll get fixed prolly tho. Otherwise best Staff skill so far.

5. Healing skaling

the Healing should obviously improve and decrease for what amulet you are playing for example right now it pays way more off to play sentinel instead of cleric just because you tank way more for just a bit less healing.

6. Glyphs

many of the Suggestions were about the glyphs as well. The most Important one tho: Radius, especially for the elite since it just interrupts it if you are not in 300 range which is really low. Some of the Glyphs would also need a buff in the non CA form like Glyph of Empowerment, Glyph of alignment and the Elite Glyph of Unity.

7. Lunar Impact

although this is no Suggestion, this skill has 2 Big Bugs. 1st beeing that the blast Finisher is not working which will be fixed anyway i guess but the second one that it doesn’t work if you are on higher stages and using it for range Heal/daze. it doesnt daze or Heal at all so you just see the animation.

8. Ancient Seeds (Druid Grandmaster)

no Suggestion again, really great trait – if he’d work properly. If a dazed target is walking while you hit them they seems to just walk out of the radius bevore the entangle spawns.

9. CA Stacking by DMG and Condi -DMG

already many Suggestions for it but i just wanna point out that the skaling by dmg and condi dmg should still be less than healing. if the skaling would be too high noone would ever use staff again since atm its just a CA Stacker and Mobillity weapon. the other skills rarely have some use. so Staff also needs something -DMG or more support (doesn’t have to be Healing Support)

Last but not least
10. Troll Ungent

tbf it fills CA way too fast and it needs to be nerfed. you can fill up full bar with glyph of Unity and 1 Troll ungent which follows for spamming CA which should not be intended. although the druid w/o the CA is pretty worthless so there has to be a reason as well to NOT go into CA everytime its up.

thanks for reading and if i forgot something pls comment.
I didnt really focus on any grammar for this Text so sorry for that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Troll Ungent isn’t the problem the problem is that each time you heal you fill 20% of the cele bar.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Celestial Form

• Astral Force is now generated as percentage of healing done or damage dealt (200 hp healed = 1%, 600 damage dealt = 1%) This will still give TU the ability to fill most of the bar but also other ranger heals can do this now giving druids more build variety.
  • Celestial form now consumes 1% Astral Force per second and Celestial Form skills cost Astral Force (1: 1%, 2: 5%, 3: 10%, 4: 20%, 5: 30%) Right now celestial form puts you in a rush to cast (spam) as many skills as possible and because all the skills are strong you can hardly justify using the skills on the right side of your skill bar. This gives you more time to use what you want and you don’t get punished for wanting to use glyphs for example.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Don’t blame TU for multiple double-dips. As it goes, it’s the only heal that performs well in a non-staff build. Cooldown on TU also prevents spamming CA, so think about how much the form is being “spammed” when I’m only doing it every 25/20s and I have to wait 10s for the heals to fill up the bar 75%.

If you wanted spammy CA, use staff in a group setting and fill up the AF bar in 2 auto attacks.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

LyPiOn.8479

CA lasts 20 sec+
troll ungent + glyph of Unity and allies fills it in 2 sec

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

You do realize you use 2 utilities, or just the heal to refill it for a form with 0 offensive skills, though, right? You really think that is an issue?

Edit: think not thing

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

in Ranger

LyPiOn.8479

ur using it to get CA anyway no? would make more sense to build up CA with dmg on non staff builds than using TU.

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Troll is a trade off. Generate CF but you lose massive Glyph heal in return.

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

All valid points, but the TU point needs more discussion. I would be okay nerfing it ONLY if we are provided another way to build up AF without staff. As you mention, there is little reason to take staff at all, and if TU is nerfed then this is the only real way to build AF and will certainly hurt the class if we are forced to take it in it’s current state.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

ur using it to get CA anyway no? would make more sense to build up CA with dmg on non staff builds than using TU.

It would, if the AF generation was balanced so that non staff damage builds could actually generate AF at a decent rate to access CA. If it’s still left at ¼% on damage, than I see no reason TU is an issue. Heck, even if it was bolstered to 1%, it’s even less of an issue because people would be able to drop TU for another heal and those that wanted to gain access faster to CA would take TU and sacrifice their heal for it anyway.

Doubt they would boost the % on damage portion to be equal or greater than the on heal, but (hopefully) you get the point.

in Ranger

LyPiOn.8479

i’d be totally fine with troll staying as it is. i’m just honest. and like you said ofc you’d need another option to build CA

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

All valid points, but the TU point needs more discussion. I would be okay nerfing it ONLY if we are provided another way to build up AF without staff. As you mention, there is little reason to take staff at all, and if TU is nerfed then this is the only real way to build AF and will certainly hurt the class if we are forced to take it in it’s current state.

Why would you want to nerf out best heal, which is an average heal at best? What use does that do. If you want to nerf how fast it is to get into cele form then nerf how much heals improve cele gen. Right now its at 20% per heal.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

LyPiOn.8479

as long as troll would stay as it is you’d never pick up any other heal glyph included

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Enjoy the merge.

Don’t know why some people think he’s special enough to give feedback with a separate topic, while everyone else are giving length feedback in the Mega Thread.

in Ranger

LyPiOn.8479

Because its easier to discuss in here? whats your point

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Enjoy the merge.

Don’t know why some people think he’s special enough to give feedback with a separate topic, while everyone else are giving length feedback in the Mega Thread.

If you legitimately want to discuss a suggestion with other forum members instead of just giving feedback (like a one directional form of communication) then I think a separate topic is the better way to do so.

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Why would you want to nerf out best heal, which is an average heal at best? What use does that do. If you want to nerf how fast it is to get into cele form then nerf how much heals improve cele gen. Right now its at 20% per heal.

I’m not suggesting we nerf TU, I’m simply responding to the OP’s suggestion on reducing AF generation from TU. To me, this is only acceptable if the AF generation from damage went up to compensate.

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

You all do realize the main reason TU generates so much is because “Live Vicariously,” right? Since AF generation on heal procs with that minor, you double-dip every time you heal.

That’s why TU gives so much AF. 22½% from the heal on, another 22½% because you healed your pet, and another 22½% from Live Vicariously because it counts the heal on your pet to proc the heal on yourself.

Ever notice why dealing just damage on a single enemy 10 times barely generates enough AF to be noticeable when it should equal 2½% of the on heal proc? Or hitting 3 targets while healing 3 allies with Solar Beam nearly fills up the AF bar in nearly 2 auto attacks? Or why standing idle using Solar Beam on your pet generates a decent amount of AF?

Live Vicariously.

Staff auto on the likely scenario above (especially in raids or wvw) generates 47¼% per use (22½% from on heal to 3 allies, another 22½% from on heal because LV, and 2¼% from on damage).

Heck, even doing the other scenario (and a fair amount of us have) of solar beaming your pet to generate AF is high because LV is procing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Druid should not get access to more stability. It would be too strong for the base healing numbers it puts out.