Torch Hitting Stealthed Enemies

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Anyone else notice that torches hit invisible people? A ranger buddy of mine and I noticed that most of our T4 skills were hitting, even if the player was stealthed (like we used the skill, and then they stealthed while it was in the air).

I’m not sure if it has been fixed already or not since I haven’t been on much the past two days, but after the last big patch, I started noticing this happening. Just thought I’d put it out there.

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Any skill that was started before the player goes stealth, still goes off and will hit if not dodged or any anything.

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

its only fair..since getting hit in stealth doesnt bring em out of stealth…nor does being blocked or missing…. So AFAIC….im glad it hits..burn em all to the ground 8P

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Why does everyone think that stealth works like it does in WoW and other mmos…

Stealth =/= can’t be hit with attacks, it just means you can’t see them, you can hit a stealth person with ANY attack that doesn’t require a target (so as a ranger everything we have but Warhorn #4 and Sick’Em).

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

Warhorn 4 is one thing I’ve wondered about. I know it stops dealing damage if you lose line of sight to the target during the effect (which is mechanically unintuitive and probably unnecessary from a balance standpoint), but I’m not sure if it damages stealthed targets. Anyone know for sure?

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Warhorn 4 is one thing I’ve wondered about. I know it stops dealing damage if you lose line of sight to the target during the effect (which is mechanically unintuitive and probably unnecessary from a balance standpoint), but I’m not sure if it damages stealthed targets. Anyone know for sure?

Pretty sure they still hit but do no damage, just as if he ran around a corner from you.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Pretty sure they still hit but do no damage, just as if he ran around a corner from you.

They do full damage so long as the thief remains in LoS of you while stealthed. IE if the damage would hit them while they were visible it’ll still hit them.

Again stealth prevents NOTHING but sight.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

They do full damage so long as the thief remains in LoS of you while stealthed. IE if the damage would hit them while they were visible it’ll still hit them.

Are you certain? I’m fully aware that stealth isn’t some kind of immunity by the way it’s just I’m sure someone told me it worked this way for this particular skill even though it really shouldn’t, I’ll see if I can test this just to be sure, I guess it’s also possible it was previously bugged and worked that way but is now fixed.

edit: Tested they continue to do damage through stealth

(edited by Manekk.6981)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Are you certain? I’m fully aware that stealth isn’t some kind of immunity by the way it’s just I’m sure someone told me it worked this way for this particular skill even though it really shouldn’t, I’ll see if I can test this just to be sure, I guess it’s also possible it was previously bugged and worked that way but is now fixed.

I miss the Beta version of Hunters Call where it also gave away their position because the birds didn’t turn invisible xD

in Ranger

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Stealth only prevents seeing the target and targeting it. So any skill that requires a target cannot be aimed correctly. But if you start it before stealth, it will work exactly as usual.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Stealth only prevents seeing the target and targeting it. So any skill that requires a target cannot be aimed correctly. But if you start it before stealth, it will work exactly as usual.

you can aim just fine without a target btw, just turn off auto targeting.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I miss the Beta version of Hunters Call where it also gave away their position because the birds didn’t turn invisible xD

I do too, they can be really helpful against Mesmers though I like them for that aswell, I think they should do damage if you lose LoS though obviously you should have LoS of your target when using the skill but if he later runs a corner he should be hit imo because it’s a pretty slow cast for a skill that isn’t really superimpressive in it’s own damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

you should try rapid fire against a thief in wvw; its super fun.

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

I miss the sigil that did 100% dmg on next skill use, birds were so op

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

you should try rapid fire against a thief in wvw; its super fun.

I would if the longbow was worth using outside of that and barrage, it doesn’t work at all for how I play.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

It still does the full damage. I run a thief and always curse if I stealth myself too late (and the horn has been blown)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]