Toughts on Hizen Vide [Ranger vs Legends]

in Ranger

Posted by: WilnerGW.3275

WilnerGW.3275

What you guys think about this video?
Nice gameplay?

Pew pew ranger vs some very skilled youtube players.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Its a grindy tanky build, was very effective vs burst squishy build but but so much vs other tnak builds(battle last ofever and end out in a draw). After last pathch i think new warrior builds could either kill him or end in a draw(no one can kill the other). I saw some very sustain builds now for warriors.

in Ranger

Posted by: Euthymias.7984

Euthymias.7984

He did well, certainly, but it seems that the others were trying for bursts and couldn’t quite break his defense while he simply out-sustained them.
…Can’t say that Longbow/Staff is really interesting to watch, either. I really hope the new meta isn’t quite that defensive.
(And lol @ all the salt in the comments)

(edited by Euthymias.7984)

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Not bad….I thought that stealth trait after leaving CA was trash but I was proven so very wrong when you build around it…

GG

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

WilnerGW.3275

Not bad….I thought that stealth trait after leaving CA was trash but I was proven so very wrong when you build around it…

GG

lmao, i was thinking the same
“this trait is trash im gonna stick with the perma 33% mov speed trait”. But WOW. with this trait we have 3 diferent sources os stealth(pet smoke field, LB #3, trait), what is very ok.

Plus it gives superspeed and is an AOE for allies. The druid trait line is pretty balanced, hope we’d get another trait lines balanced too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rome.7124

Rome.7124

Anybody got a link to his build? Does the new patch affect his build in anyway?

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I am not interested in this video and did not watch more than about a second at a time, but I did find the choice of builds he fought very suspicious. Core warrior? Trap DH? 100% glass chrono?

You either making a bragging video against weak specs or you make a video where you sustain for like 45 minutes against the same guy because both of you are running dueling specs. Bah humbug.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

While the footage was fine and people knew their cooldowns…

It’s literally garbage for sPvP. Not enough team support and in order to do something he had to roam half across Tyria. Which means leaving points.
And that’s not a good thing. The build is useless for PvP. It’s pretty cool for WvW roaming, though. Not better than GS/Staff Remorseless, but well. We all have our preferences.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

I started the video…then saw it was a swan song of sorts and I thought to myself…

“Can I haz your stuff”

Then I was like, um….don’t recognize any of those players. Isn’t the interwebz strange that way???

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

It just reminded me of what I already know. The combination of Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow make Druid, even on glass specs, a very potent 1v1 because of the sustain.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghorman.1368

Ghorman.1368

OK, I have to say I use a build very close to this one; could be the same one. And I do get crap from other players during sPvP. Most comments about it being a weird build, which I think it good because it keeps other players guessing.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

OK, I have to say I use a build very close to this one; could be the same one. And I do get crap from other players during sPvP. Most comments about it being a weird build, which I think it good because it keeps other players guessing.

For twelve seconds.
They stop caring once they decap your point.

in Ranger

Ghorman.1368

For twelve seconds.

Not really. I can stay on the point for awhile and most of the time I’m top objective player for my team. But if you want to assume everyone is the same go right ahead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

Well I fought all of them (and some more Cake guys) im WvW and PvP and didn’t lose a single duel, except that I went 50/50 with Tramadex on his Warrior and Mesmer, but that was before HoT. Cake is the saltiest guild I have ever had contact with in my entire time of GW2.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

For twelve seconds.

Not really. I can stay on the point for awhile and most of the time I’m top objective player for my team. But if you want to assume everyone is the same go right ahead.

Even duel-oriented Druid has problems against focusing foes like Thief/Necro/… And you are trying to convince me that you are fine face-checking these enemies by Longbow in melee range?
Let’s get real here. If you are playing this build without taking advantage of it’s superior ranged pressure and mobility – which is not holding an objective which is currently our strongest place – you are playing it wrong.

I’ve already played 5 different builds since the end of season. I lost 2 games out of 10. I can practically take a PvE build and win since everybody’s now testing stuff and fooling around.

This build is not suitable for constructive PvP. For decapping purposes it’s inferior to the decapping build. For soloing a point it’s inferior to half other builds. For teamfights it’s weaker than most other classes. There’s no advantage in this build apart from 1v1 chasing potential.
If you are expecting your enemies to follow you once you let them have your point – and they do – they are bad.
If you are trying to convince me that the weakest melee combination one can find is able to 1v1 anyone face-to-face while standing on a point – you have close to zero chance. I’ll believe if you prove it.

in Ranger

Ghorman.1368

For twelve seconds.

Even duel-oriented Druid has problems against focusing foes like Thief/Necro/… And you are trying to convince me that you are fine face-checking these enemies by Longbow in melee range?
Let’s get real here. If you are playing this build without taking advantage of it’s superior ranged pressure and mobility – which is not holding an objective which is currently our strongest place – you are playing it wrong.

I’ve already played 5 different builds since the end of season. I lost 2 games out of 10. I can practically take a PvE build and win since everybody’s now testing stuff and fooling around.

This build is not suitable for constructive PvP. For decapping purposes it’s inferior to the decapping build. For soloing a point it’s inferior to half other builds. For teamfights it’s weaker than most other classes. There’s no advantage in this build apart from 1v1 chasing potential.
If you are expecting your enemies to follow you once you let them have your point – and they do – they are bad.
If you are trying to convince me that the weakest melee combination one can find is able to 1v1 anyone face-to-face while standing on a point – you have close to zero chance. I’ll believe if you prove it.

I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I’m sorry you are stuck in this cookie cutter world where you have to run X-build. And yes I get top objective players most of the time running this build which includes capping and decapping. I never said it was the best for melee or even the best build. I stated I run this build and I get a lot of top objective awards; not sure where you are getting confused at.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I’m sorry you are stuck in this cookie cutter world where you have to run X-build. And yes I get top objective players most of the time running this build which includes capping and decapping. I never said it was the best for melee or even the best build. I stated I run this build and I get a lot of top objective awards; not sure where you are getting confused at.

Saying this to a guy who already created, suggested and shared more than 4 viable builds for rangers into current meta.
And of course, tested more than 20 at this point.

I always got most objectives with a Longbow Zerker. Funny enough – I also had most loses with the build. Points really do not mean a snip. Of course you’re gonna have the most objectives by tagging stuff from range and rotating.

I stated that this build is weak and brings little contribution to actual success of the PvP match. If you are playing for self satisfaction and not for mutual team accomplishment – then what you are playing never mattered.

in Ranger

Ghorman.1368

Saying this to a guy who already created, suggested and shared more than 4 viable builds for rangers into current meta.
And of course, tested more than 20 at this point.

I always got most objectives with a Longbow Zerker. Funny enough – I also had most loses with the build. Points really do not mean a snip. Of course you’re gonna have the most objectives by tagging stuff from range and rotating.

I stated that this build is weak and brings little contribution to actual success of the PvP match. If you are playing for self satisfaction and not for mutual team accomplishment – then what you are playing never mattered.

I’m still trying to figure out why you are mad and directing it at me. I have never said this build was great for melee, condi, or even strong for team play. It’s like you are arguing something just to post about all your builds and you know everything about a ranger. I suggest you go back and re-read my post instead of inserting your own ideas in them.

(edited by Ghorman.1368)

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I’m still trying to figure out why you are mad and directing it at me. I have never said this build was great for melee, condi, or even strong for team play. It’s like you are arguing something just to post about all your builds and you know everything about a ranger. I suggest you go back and re-read my post instead of inserting your own ideas in them.

I did.
So far, you said the build is good for melee combat

for quite a while

, it is strong for sPvP, it isn’t good for melee combat and it isn’t strong (???). And your point of validation about these statements is that I’m egoistic boaster (very 1st quote). Do you see where the contradiction comes from?

Sir, this is a forum site.
A place where opinions, brainstorming and theory-crafting is shared. What I always do is provide as much information as I can. That naturally implies I’ll correct information that is not valid. This time it was yours.
And you are taking it way too personal. Instead of trying to prove your opinion of the build you are defending by bringing up other people’s “cookie cutter worlds”.

If you don’t like my opinion – tell me why am I wrong. It’s as easy as that. Personal feelings about mutual disagreement brings no results and is of no help to anyone.

in Ranger

Ghorman.1368

I did.
So far, you said the build is good for melee combat

for quite a while

, it is strong for sPvP, it isn’t good for melee combat and it isn’t strong (???). And your point of validation about these statements is that I’m egoistic boaster (very 1st quote). Do you see where the contradiction comes from?

Sir, this is a forum site.
A place where opinions, brainstorming and theory-crafting is shared. What I always do is provide as much information as I can. That naturally implies I’ll correct information that is not valid. This time it was yours.
And you are taking it way too personal. Instead of trying to prove your opinion of the build you are defending by bringing up other people’s “cookie cutter worlds”.

If you don’t like my opinion – tell me why am I wrong. It’s as easy as that. Personal feelings about mutual disagreement brings no results and is of no help to anyone.

What information are you talking about? LOL all I said is that I uses this build and get objective awards a lot with it. For some reason you took this to mean the build is great for melee and team play. If you really did go back and re-read the post you would see that. Since you are being lazy I will copy them here for you.

First post: OK, I have to say I use a build very close to this one; could be the same one. And I do get crap from other players during sPvP. Most comments about it being a weird build, which I think it good because it keeps other players guessing.

• Nothing about it being good at anything *

Second post: Not really. I can stay on the point for awhile and most of the time I’m top objective player for my team. But if you want to assume everyone is the same go right ahead.

• about getting objective awards *

Third: I’m not trying to convince you of anything. I’m sorry you are stuck in this cookie cutter world where you have to run X-build. And yes I get top objective players most of the time running this build which includes capping and decapping. I never said it was the best for melee or even the best build. I stated I run this build and I get a lot of top objective awards; not sure where you are getting confused at.

• more about objective awards *

So, please tell me what misinformation I provided if any information at all?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

snip

Okay, this doesn’t lead anywhere.
I’m sorry for I have made you go on with the discussion about the build.

in Ranger

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

Mechanically he’s quite good, but he presses some things unnecessarily and occasionally to his disadvantage (not looking for reflect buffs before using LB #3 for example, but that can happen under pressure).

The thing is… it’s really hard to lose 1v1 with a build like that in WvW, in which winning is the only condition that needs to be met. It is SO forgiving and you can see it carrying him through fights several times. It is ideal in almost every aspect for ‘fair’ 1v1 combat on flat terrain with no obstructions.

As people said, the build doesn’t carry over to other areas of the game such as sPvP. Having a 1v1 in an open space, with no positional requirements and having access to full stat customization is a completely different experience compared to fighting on tightly restricted points, with significant positional requirements and very little customization.

TLDR; pretty good gameplay, OP 1v1 build, too much ego flying around on both sides.

in Ranger

WilnerGW.3275

Just a question…

Im not used to use staff for 1v1’s..tbh im kinda new to druid(the specialization itself, cuz i play ranger since 2013), so i dont use staff outside PVE yet.

Is it that good? i know staff#3 and staff#5 plus its auto atack are VERY nice. But in video you wont see him using staff#2 and staff#4 at elast once during all video.

What are you feelings about those staff skills? for 1v1 and group gameplay;

in Ranger

Posted by: dannyteo.5864

dannyteo.5864

this video was stupid, id be impressed if he 1v1’d in pvp and won against players like helseth, eurantien, rom, genyen, shadowshooter, hibify, kitten, zoose, toker, tage or any other esl player of that matter.

Imprezer
Bringer of Gainz

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Just a question…

Im not used to use staff for 1v1’s..tbh im kinda new to druid(the specialization itself, cuz i play ranger since 2013), so i dont use staff outside PVE yet.

Is it that good? i know staff#3 and staff#5 plus its auto atack are VERY nice. But in video you wont see him using staff#2 and staff#4 at elast once during all video.

What are you feelings about those staff skills? for 1v1 and group gameplay;

I feel like most Staff skills are just astral bar fillers. The only really useful ability is #3.

1. #4 takes too long to execute and is easily dodged. Even by allies.
  2. #2 makes too little difference than just keep the autoattacks. I use it only when I need to fill CAF and allies are standing on the other side of the target. No use in PvP whatsoever.
  3. #5 could be nice … But those ticklish heals that go for 200 are for a good laugh. Other classes has reflects that shoot you for whole 100% damage (so DH’s burst for 6K will be reflected too. Ranger will probably heal you for 200 damage for the same ability assuming you’ll stay AFK without moving for 2 seconds till the water drop flies to you.)

It is a nice weapon to use but has QoL flaws.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

I am not interested in this video and did not watch more than about a second at a time, but I did find the choice of builds he fought very suspicious. Core warrior? Trap DH? 100% glass chrono?

You either making a bragging video against weak specs or you make a video where you sustain for like 45 minutes against the same guy because both of you are running dueling specs. Bah humbug.

Core warrior is still okay at 1v1 duels (trama was apparently the only one to beat hizen in a duel but he didn’t show that duel). Also, I’d hardly call zodin a trap DH. He uses 1 trap… And most DHs use test of faith, it’s too good of a skill to pass up. Cake players are very salty, but they’re decent duelers and excellent roamers. The fact that hizen beat them shows that hizen has an excellent build which counters most power-based roamers and on top of that he is quite skilled. A lot of people don’t want to admit it just because they feel insulted that he calls himself a “pro” ranger. I dislike arrogance as much as the next guy but he honestly is pretty good.

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

They got stomped epicly. The ranger did well.

But i would underline another thing : Another ranger and gw2 player quitted the game.

You should ask yourself why.

in Ranger

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

That video shows great way to troll with druid/ranger with no skills required.

extremely boring and easy plays

run → kite → heal → let ur pet do all damage → run → kite → heal

druid healing needs nerf

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

That video shows great way to troll with druid/ranger with no skills required.

extremely boring and easy plays

run -> kite -> heal -> let ur pet do all damage -> run -> kite -> heal

druid healing needs nerf

Another Dunning-Kruger effected player?
How many of them is going to enter Ranger forums?

Don’t they realize ANet announced pets to be a core damage source of the class? Or that this kind of gameplay is only available at WvW or dueling? Or that even this game-style requires skill management… ? Or… I don’t know …
I’ve gone through this way too many times. I’m not gonna bother… This is getting old.

in Ranger

Posted by: Miles Smiles.8951

Miles Smiles.8951

I feel like most Staff skills are just astral bar fillers. The only really useful ability is #3.

1. #4 takes too long to execute and is easily dodged. Even by allies.

Well, it’s not that bad, is it? You can cleanse yourself of chill while kiting and stuff..

(edited by Miles Smiles.8951)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I watched a bit vs DH and the War. Not bad but I do see room for improvement, there is always some. I think you should consider timing your pet bursts with your lockdown or other skills like rapid fire (for the added damage from vuln) when the enemy doesn’t have their defensive cds. You could use your celestial form more offensively at times in order for big damage from CF 5 or well timed interrupts from CF 3. You can also spam CF 2 between skills or at least at the end of your CF for the blind/condi clear if you’d like. You can also cancel CF 5 for stab. Against things like warrior that comboing into your smoke scale F2 can be super helpful with blinds or just stealth to reposition.

If you are fighting a good mesmer (I didn’t watch these) you can stealth at the right times off of their clones with hunter’s shot at key times in order to help mitigate damage. Things like they sword 3, you stealth off of it, you dodge, they shatter and you aren’t there. If you know when they will use their sword 3 you can knockback the spawned clone if you have great timing and/or the new retarget mid channel option. That causes them to port away from you if it isn’t fast enough. Also, seed blinds can stop shatters/blind phantasm summons. Likewise, you can immob the shatters coming at you with staff 4 to help mitigate damage. I didn’t watch your fight vs chrono, but i’ve dueled the best soo many times I’m sure some of these tips might be helpful.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dristig.9678

Dristig.9678

What is this build? It seems good for soloing champs and such.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shirk.6421

Shirk.6421

There are so many ways to “troll” mesmers with LB alone, it’s pretty hilarious.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

What is this build? It seems good for soloing champs and such.

Literally anything tanky with LB+Staff.
He most probably went with something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqAVsitsAOsActglMB7pGkqmYwz0c6QtJZFAOAl480A-TpgYAAw+DVZAA

He used different utilities like Zephyr but yea, this is the main idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: sirloin.9145

sirloin.9145

thoughts: Nerf specializations to be on par with old builds.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

What would the sell points of the game be, then? I wouldn’t nerf the specs if it were me.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

What would the sell points of the game be, then? I wouldn’t nerf the specs if it were me.

This is the solution I suggested on the pvp forum.
Just make the the old profassion mechanic traitline an “Elite”, becuase you cant run 2 elites trait lines this change to break most if not all, meta builds. We’r supposed to pay for extra content not fro power creep. We feel the power creep now becuase this is the first “Elite” traitline. next expansion when we have 2 elites trait lines, I dont think the new elite will be a power creep over the the current one, Just a different way to play your profassion. Making the old profassion mechanic traitline also an elite is enough to bring back pre-hot builds and reduce the effectivness of current elite builds.

Just think about druid without the BM trait line, Reaper without the soul reaping trait line, DH without the virtues traitline etc….

I think that the elite traitlines, while very strong ,by themselves are not as powerful as most think. Its the synegie with the old profession mechanic trait line which makes the builds very superior compared to non elite builds.

(edited by LughLongArm.5460)

in Ranger

Posted by: sirloin.9145

sirloin.9145

The sell point would be that you get more options to spec your class. Don’t think that the specializations should be stronger tho. And hizen maybe play ok in this vid, but it´s mostly the build that do it. Variety in builds is a good thing, forcing players to go with specializations to stay competitive is just… bad.