Trait based CC reactions

Trait based CC reactions

in Ranger

Posted by: Silvoshipnos.2089

Silvoshipnos.2089

Other professions

Elementalist:
-Tempest Defense: Surround yourself with a shocking aura for 4 seconds when disabled. Deal 20% increased damage to stunned or knocked down foes.
(25 CD currently)

Engineer:
-Autodefense Bomb Dispenser: Drop a smoke bomb when you are disabled. This trait has a 30 second internal cooldown.
-Protection Injection: Gain 3s of protection when you are disabled. This trait has a 5 second internal cooldown.
-Reactive Lenses: When blinded or disabled you activate utility goggles.

Guardian
-Retaliatory Subconscious: Gain 3 seconds of retaliation and 4 seconds of aegis when stunned, dazed, knocked back, pulled, knocked down, sunk, floated, launched, taunted or inflicted with fear.
(30 CD according to the first announcement)

Mesmer:
-Mirror of Anguish: If you are inflicted by a crowd control effect you inflict the same effect on your opponent (60s ICD). Added taunt to the list of crowd control effects that trigger this trait.

Necromancer:
Reaper’s Protection: If you are inflicted by a crowd control effect you inflict fear for 2 seconds on nearby foes (60s ICD). Added taunt to the list of crowd control effects that trigger this trait.

Thief:
-Hard to Catch: Break stun and refill endurance when you are disabled (stun, daze, knockback, pull, knockdown, sink, float, fear, taunt, or launch)
(30 CD according to the first announcement)

Warrior:
-Last Stand: Gain vigor for 6 seconds whenever you activate a stance. Stance durations last 25% longer. If you are affected by a crowd control skill cast Balanced Stance.
(90 CD currently)

The almighty ranger:

-Shared Anguish: Incoming disables (Stun, Taunt, Daze, Knockdown, Knockback, Pull, Sink, Float, Fear or Launch) are transferred to your pet. This trait has a 60 second internal cooldown.

I must say that I find this quite disgusting, since this is theoretically somehow balanced. So, when disabled, eles qet a CC every 25s and engis cause AOE blindness every 30s. Thieves break stun and refill endurance every 30s. Guardians get retaliation and aegis every 30s. Necros and Mesmers inflict a CC every 60s and Warriors get stability and swiftness every 90.

I would consider that there is a balance with Guardians and Warriors. Retaliation and aegis every 30s isn’t overwhelmingly powerful and reasonably frequent and “Last stand” has a very long CD.

But engis and eles get a relatively strong effect every 25-30s, I don’t know if they break stun, thieves refill their endurance and break stun every 30s, a very strong efect way too often. And Necros and Mesmers every 60s they return the CC, wich compared to the previous may not be that strong but it’s a good effect.

And Rangers transfer the CC to the pet every 60s. So, if the pet wasn’t useless enough, we will make it completely useless every 60s, reducing our potential DPS if the pets were to hit anyone.

By that time a thieve will have had 2 stun breakers and 2 endurance refills, so, the same effect (stun break) plus a benefit (endurance) minus the DPS reduction twice as often. A necro or a mesmer will have had a free CC to the person who was trying to CC them, I don’t know if they also break stun (but I think that I recall them doing so), then again, the same effect (stun break) plus a benefit (free CC) minus the DPS reduction at the same frequency.

I must also say that Shared Anguish currently has a 90s CD, so at least they didn’t want the ranger to be terribly bad, just worse that any other profession.

Trait based CC reactions

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

I wish they’d at least mixed in Hide In Plain sight with it. The stealth helps to break target and mitigate a lot of set up targeted bursts.

Trait based CC reactions

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The engi changes are just ridiculous across the board. I don’t know what they were thinking. Good thing I like playing engi, cuz if you choose to play anything else after the 23rd, you’re crazy.

Trait based CC reactions

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

The only other one that stops you from being CC’d is the thief’s. Were the thief’s also 60 seconds? I wouldn’t be complaining. But I’m pretty sure thieves have enough evasion/stealth to last the 30 seconds until their trait comes of cooldown easily. Meanwhile we’re, instead of refilling our endurance, CCing an ally they didn’t aim at instead of ourselves.

If they want to make me feel like a selfish, inhumane beastmaster, they could at least make the traits responsible good.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

Trait based CC reactions

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Both the Engineer and Thief ones are utterly ridiculous. How can they possibly call this balance?

Trait based CC reactions

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Both the Engineer and Thief ones are utterly ridiculous. How can they possibly call this balance?

I am kind of hoping the new titanic demigod engis can help stem the OPness of stealth in PvP with that trait that automatically reveals people on hit. Though I haven’t really theorycrafted up an engi build, so I don’t know if it’s something people will be taking.

Sic’ em might see some play in shout BM builds, as well.