Trapper / Regen Build Assistance

in Ranger

Posted by: BlackIsleDragon.7516

BlackIsleDragon.7516

I recently got my ranger to 80 so it is time for me to look into builds. At first I was going to build around a BM/Condi build (one I used in sPvP) but I have enjoyed the traps in general PvE, so I want to stick with them. This build is mostly for PvE, farming events, stuff like that.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAsYVjEVB21VyVoWCglCBDsfQT2DDd8RvgTG1kqA-jgxAIOBx8YR0YrbBpaONW1KRUtXhIqGA-e

Any help on improving my ideas and any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I use traps often, I mostly stay with shortbow but I prefer sword/dagger for offset. Pets I have no real preferance, although I do use the drake a lot, but I like the snares/root from the “chill” pets and spiders.

in Ranger

BlackIsleDragon.7516

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAsYVjEVB21VyVo2Bg+BNZPM0xH9MGtzTG1kqA-jgxAIOBx8YR0YrbBpaONW1KRUtXhIqGA-e

That is another trapper/regen style build I am currently running. Again, any input is greatly appreciated.

in Ranger

Posted by: Troopa.6179

Troopa.6179

I’m using a BM/Condi"Trapper" build. Maybe this could help your imagination.
Tyrian Survivalist

but what exactly are you aiming for? condition damage and regeneration? or cond dmg + survivability?
the first build seems to be neither of it.

veteran ranger (main)- Troopa The Hawk – tyrian survivalist
veteran engineer – Whiteclaw Pete – flaming bastard
veteran guardian – Wolfborn Troopa – healing eagle

in Ranger

BlackIsleDragon.7516

I want to focus more on having traps for condition damage and useing my pet as utility. For survivability, I was thinking Regen would be best with my Apoth armor

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

@BlackIsleDragon

I’d lose 10 (maybe even more) points from MS and put them into WS and NM, and then lose the 2 dwayna runes and go for all 6 undead.

I can understand you like piercing arrows but I dont think its that nessesary unless you’re using a longbow, and doing it the way you have you’re giving up 250 condition damage from the undead runes, just to get the +20% regen duration when you could much better get +33% in the NM trait line, and then get reduced sword or offhand CD in WS.

I dont think piercing arrows is worth how much you’re giving up to take it.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

BlackIsleDragon.7516

@ Cufufalating

Thanks for the input! So your suggesting someone more along the lines of the build I am currently running?

Trapper/Regen

So far, this has been the best setup for me, but I am always looking to maximize my build potential.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I’d say thats an improvement yeah.

Still not sure what you have against the WS traitline, personally I consider it the rangers strongest traitline and max it out in nearly any build (especially a condition bunker like you are going for).

So yeah, I’d say go for 0/30/30/10/0, but its up to you^^

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

BlackIsleDragon.7516

LoL I have nothing against WS =) I am just learning the ranger builds and setups. So your saying something along the lines of Trapper/Regen? What about the traits for WS? Is the regen on conditions worth it? or is it better to have the CD reduction on OH even though I will more than likely wield the SB most of the time.

Also, I was down the Nature line for the shared boons, blind/poison removal on dodge and 5% more dmg with a boon. But I can see how the stats from going down WS, not counting the traits, could benefit me much more.

(edited by BlackIsleDragon.7516)