Trapper Runes Nerfed

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’m surprised I didn’t see a thread for this.

Super Speed/ Stealth reduced from 3sec to 2sec.

Well I suppose it nerfed thief ghost trappers more.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

i have no idea why they did this as most sane people only use two traps…at most.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

So this change is thanks to DH and Ghost Thief? On a rune set that seemed to be tailor made for Ranger traps? Can we at least get something for it since no one in their right mind would run traps on Ranger without these runes?

How about tweaking LoYF trait so that Superspeed applied to the Ranger lasts an extra second?

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

This was done because of Ghost Thieves. A fix would have been to add minor direct damage to their traps, but no, just kill 30% of Rangers stealth with a trap build and make it totally useless with a DH.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

So they actually reduced it from 3 to 2 seconds? Great.

I knew as soon as these runes ended up in WvW they would get adjusted. Honestly I don’t see much use for them now. 2 seconds isn’t anything compared to who long other classes are getting stealth. That just blew up my WvW build.

Probably still work if I run 4 traps but that really isn’t ideal…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Anet, STOP doing stupid decisions! You are nerfed rangers again that way!!!

Just ADD small damage portion + something like 10-100 damage from thief trap and it’s DONE!

You are just destroyed Cordition trapper ranger….

If i’ll say true about you and all what i think, i know i’ll get banned again, so i just want to ask: Can i get my money back for HoT?

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Justine.6351

If you are using trapper runes in combat on ranger its not that bad. Its not as good as before but its not that bad.

Only reason I personally felt offended is because last night I finally took my trapper druid ive been playing last few nights in spvp to wvw. Invested in trapper runes (first time ever!) and new exotic gear/ascended trinkets. 12hrs latter 33% nerf on runeset lols.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Anet, STOP doing stupid decisions! You are nerfed rangers again that way!!!

Just ADD small damage portion + something like 10-100 damage from thief trap and it’s DONE!

You are just destroyed Cordition trapper ranger….

If i’ll say true about you and all what i think, i know i’ll get banned again, so i just want to ask: Can i get my money back for HoT?

You still have 2 days with which to submit a ticket and get a refund.

If you are using trapper runes in combat on ranger its not that bad. Its not as good as before but its not that bad.

Only reason I personally felt offended is because last night I finally took my trapper druid ive been playing last few nights in spvp to wvw. Invested in trapper runes (first time ever!) and new exotic gear/ascended trinkets. 12hrs latter 33% nerf on runeset lols.

Wow, that sucks! Bad timing ftw. How is that build working out anyway?

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Britto.6374

Britto.6374

TY Anet for another nerf!!!!! Ty Ty Ty

U destroy all diversification build…all with Power Ranger now…ty

Pathetic

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

z

You didn’t look very well, there’s plenty of treads.

As for everyone complaining
It’s 1 second
Get a life.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Classic. WvW has been dealing with those runes for a while now. They get unlocked in sPvP and it doesn’t take a week for the QQ nerf train to take them down.

We really need sPvP to be split apart by default skill-wise. Stuff is never going to be balanced both for 5-a-side with objectives and mass deathmatch. This is getting very old.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

(edited by cafard.8953)

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Justine.6351

z

You didn’t look very well, there’s plenty of treads.

As for everyone complaining
It’s 1 second
Get a life.

I just looked in thief and guard forum. 1 thread per each, both created after. And that 1 sec is 33% reduction on not one item for the rune, but 2. Do I care? Not really cause ranger traps reveal anyhow.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

If they ever wanted to nerf thieves they should’ve limited their ability to perma stealth, not mess up the runes like this. How are Rangers supposed to make use of this? I looked forward to use this, but not anymore, no point. 4 sec. is far too few.

Some ppl excel at making the worst decisions.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Rangers, and the WvW game mode…

The Tina Turner to ArenaNet’s Ike.
The red-headed step children in ArenaNet’s family.

Another profession is OP with this rune, maybe in one game mode… so let’s nerf rangers. Perfect.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Justine.6351

How are Rangers supposed to make use of this? I looked forward to use this, but not anymore, no point. 4 sec. is far too few.

Stealth doesn’t need to last forever to be useful. Stealth + Super Speed for even 2sec will give you positioning and hide any obnoxious tells. The runeset will still be strong for people using just 2 traps.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

How are Rangers supposed to make use of this? I looked forward to use this, but not anymore, no point. 4 sec. is far too few.

Stealth doesn’t need to last forever to be useful. Stealth + Super Speed for even 2sec will give you positioning and hide any obnoxious tells. The runeset will still be strong for people using just 2 traps.

Let’s be honest, 3 sec. were already low, I don’t see the need for a nerf there. I do see, however, the need to cripple thieves’ perma stealth abilities. Nobody seems to be bothered with that from what can be seen.

Finding balance is what I suggest, not to cripple them either.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

To be honest it was never a good idea by Anet to make a skill set viable through a Rune. Runes should be there to boost whatever setup you are going for, not required for it to work at all.

So in that sense.. probably better they nerf the Rune and give a buff directly to our traps to compensate, but since the buffing part of that plan very rarely happens… eh.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Let’s be honest, 3 sec. were already low, I don’t see the need for a nerf there. I do see, however, the need to cripple thieves’ perma stealth abilities. Nobody seems to be bothered with that from what can be seen.

Finding balance is what I suggest, not to cripple them either.

Trapper runes crippled ranger traps. To make ranger traps more “viable” people have to use a rune set. With 3 classes using traps now, expect balancing on trapper runes to include more than ranger. What can they do to remove the “necessity” of trapper runes? Remove trapper runes and rework traps and their supporting trait. Trapper runes are a crutch not only for traps, but also the people using them. Yes the rune set is that strong and is the source of much of the “problem”.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Justine.6351

To be honest it was never a good idea by Anet to make a skill set viable through a Rune. Runes should be there to boost whatever setup you are going for, not required for it to work at all.

So in that sense.. probably better they nerf the Rune and give a buff directly to our traps to compensate, but since the buffing part of that plan very rarely happens… eh.

Ha-ha, took me 12 min to write and rewrite what I wanted to say and you say it faster and more accurately ;-)

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

I kittening new this would happen. GG anet, another brilliant decision…….

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I made a thread about Ghost thieves in which I stated multiple times that direct damage should be added to thief traps instead of nerfing runes because doing so would nerf other trap classes too. Then we got DH traps that do too much damage and people called for trapper runes nerf when they aren’t the problem anymore than they are on ghost thief.

Now rangers get nerfed too because of Anet’s inability to balance other classes. I just don’t understand how they can continuously be so utterly braindead about balance. It’s unreal.

#kittenrangers.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Scott.7163

Scott.7163

Yea kitten the runes, what we need is an elite trap and more importantly a stun break and condi cleanse available in the build. Stun break should be on one of the traps (probably spike trap) and condi cleanse could either go on flame trap or be added to a weapon skill like a lot of other professions.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

To compensate, they should make every ranger trap also a stun break. That alone would make a ranger trapper more viable..

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

The real TRAPPER is now DragonHunter, SHAME. Thief was never good at trapper, thiefs were only good at stealth abuse, that doesn’t make him a trapper.

Nothing has been done to make ranger good at it, and nobody asked:
HOW DOES THIS EFFECT RANGER, as usual.

Ranger needs a stun break on frost and spike trap, because of abnormal huge cooldown.

Rangers will always be Jack of all trade, and good at none. as usual.

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Remember that what Guardian touches recently got nerfed.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

I think next what will be nerfed + Ranger Downed State, because it’s only part of ranger that left unnerfed…

Beware!

/shameAnet

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Another vote for : add damage to Thief traps and unnerf trapper rune. Or buff Ranger’s traps like giving stun breaks and or condition clears.

Trapper Runes Nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

lol i just thought up a troll astral form trapper.
use this and Trapper runes that is one Fast Ranger with Aoe Stun break and fast Recharge of AF with plenty of Entangled CC+taunts.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAVWnMqAVsi1rAerAUtglEBDeqmVHrPBgY3rjZB05+clMhwA-TpxBwAaOCAc3fIyhAAwDA4bZAMXAAA

damage comes from CC+Stacked Rapid attacks with Staff beam crits builds up a decent amount of might on pet.

reason for Frost trap rather than spike trap because the build already has two immobilises and a shortbow daze with stealth super speed won’t be much need for KD and the bleeds don’t stack well with short durations so quick damage and poison easy application , second reason Astral grace + Ice field and pet leap f2 tiger ; ] (if you get what i mean.)

Not tested yet but i will post it into the Builds section when i do and if it plays/survives well enough.

its a CC stealth Beastmaster , i picked the ore runes as a sub for trapper runes.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)