Trapper ranger overpowered

in Ranger

Posted by: Daddydeath.9371

Daddydeath.9371

I came across few trap rangers using shortbow, with sword and dagger in a condition build. I think they are abit overpowered with access to ccs by pets, very good condition damage with around 4/5 evades, + dodges and endurance regn if you have the right sigils.
AN said they will be nerfing dd eles which is understandable however if u lock an ele down or put a large amount of condition they will go down. however im yet 2 find a way around to beat the op trap rangers as i cant get close caz of traps, and if i do manage they have 2 many evades and dodges which means u cant even lock them on a place and even if u do they will just not take dmg. i think trap rangers r the most op class in this game and need some balance

Commander Soul Stone I
Guild leader of Gorillas On Drugs (APE)

in Ranger

Posted by: Huxow.7259

Huxow.7259

Only thing that’s overpowered is the Spike Trap the immobilize is OP, immobilize on it should be removed

in Ranger

Posted by: Meandor Berdor.5438

Meandor Berdor.5438

that must have been an another class, rangers have no builds to kill ppl. sarcasm
but seriously, what a surprise. suddenly, rangers are to strong and need nerfing, instead of improvements? the evade is almost the only strength we have :O and you are complaining about it, because you lost against a ranger? same thing with thieves. I can not catch them at all, they do too much dmg with a backstab and their heartseeker, why dont they get nerfed? There are 2 viable builds for rangers, and 1 of them should be destroyed now?

Stehkyn Rhein – Sylvari Ranger
Lovisha – Human Guardian — Nyrna – Human Thief
Server: Elonafels [DE]/Elona Reach

(edited by Meandor Berdor.5438)

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

Thiefs can be beaten with aoe, knockbacks and cc. eles can be beaten with condition or high burst, so far im yet to find a counter for that ranger build, if u do know plz let me know, since its not op as u say then there must be a way 2 counter them? if so i would like 2 know it. rangers may need buffs in some builds i agree, however the trap/condition/evade combo is a nasty one and should be nerfed

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Your specific build couldn’t drop a trap ranger’s specific build. So it must be OP. Don’t know what profession you are but I’ll guarantee that you have access to a build that can take down the trap ranger that killed you. Every build has a counter. Ranged damage will keep you out of his traps and if you bring any decent condition removal you’ll be fine. Adapt. Stop whining.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Meandor Berdor.5438

Thiefs can be beaten with aoe […]
however the trap/condition/evade combo is a nasty one and should be nerfed

1. and how do you deal with an instant kill from steal + cnd + backstab + heartseeker?
2. just because its “nasty”? lol. a thief is also “nasty” so nerf him!

every class has a build that is “nasty” in some way. find a build to counter it and you are fine…

(edited by Meandor Berdor.5438)

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

not whining but having a discussion, i play on few classes and build, condition build thief, condition build necro, dd ele, and burst shatter mesmer, none of them stood a chance, i even play ranger, usually when i play a class/build i may win or lose thats normal, however none of my builds or classes could beat the trapper ranger, am asking for a counter not whining, my solution is to either nerf evades, or to show traps like the rest of the aoe in the game, avoiding invisible circles isnt easy. also i think dd eles has one of the best condition removals in the game and it still couldnt keep up with the insane condition dmg

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

Thiefs can be beaten with aoe […]
however the trap/condition/evade combo is a nasty one and should be nerfed

1. and how do you deal with an instant kill from steal + cnd + backstab + heartseeker?
2. just because its “nasty”? lol. a thief is also “nasty” so nerf him!

every class has a build that is “nasty” in some way. find a build to counter it and you are fine…

stun breaker, 2 dodges, the thief has wasted his initiative and will most likely go to stealth, by heal or cloak and dagger, stay away from melee ranger and cc, most thiefs would be dead, if they go stealth just aoe, mistake ppl make is that they run away from the thiefs, easiest way to beat them is to make them waste their initiative cc and aoe

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

Meandor Berdor.5438

however none of my builds or classes could beat the trapper ranger, am asking for a counter not whining, my solution is to either nerf evades, or to show traps like the rest of the aoe in the game, avoiding invisible circles isnt easy.

1. maybe he was just above your skill level (not meant to insult you in any way) and maybe its excactly the point. you have played many different classes, he only one and mastered it? I played against a really good D/D ele once, with a thief, mesmer, ranger and guardian. I was not able to defeat him, because he knew how to counter me.
also a thief has killed about 20 people in the eternal battlegrounds jumping puzzle, and we were hardly able to defeat him, because he played good…

2.yes, nerf evades, remove dodging from the game! take the rangers their greatest ability! also take them away their pet because it deals dmg -.-"

3.thats the point of traps, being invisible. also, not only the ranger has access to traps. how will you lay down a trap if its visible? it would just be like marks from nekro.

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

The devs admitted that trap ranger is a bit strong, but locking them down does work quite well since most of them build without any on demand condition removal or any stun removal. I don’t find them op however, and many pros have said the same, people just don’t know how to fight them yet.

Another issue with this games balance lies in condition damage itself. With no way to mitigate it, condition/tanky builds are naturally very strong (and easy to put together sine you can get gear with +condition damage & +toughness). It seems the only way to skirmish in this game is to be the better bunker. Sure, you can say, “My gc build kills all!” But face some more serious pvp players and you will see that your gc warrior can’t do anything to a bunker ele.

in Ranger

Meandor Berdor.5438

stun breaker, 2 dodges, the thief has wasted his initiative and will most likely go to stealth, by heal or cloak and dagger, stay away from melee ranger and cc, most thiefs would be dead, if they go stealth just aoe, mistake ppl make is that they run away from the thiefs, easiest way to beat them is to make them waste their initiative cc and aoe

I have a lvl 80 full exo thief myself, so I know that well the point of this was to show you the following: you found a way to counter an instant kill thief, so you will find a way to counter a trapper ranger too. and currently, the P/D thief is one of the strongest thief builds (my opinion) and is very hard to beat, just like a trapper ranger.
and if they nerf traps, the only (viable) aoe we have is barrage. one aoe. one.

in Ranger

Meandor Berdor.5438

The devs admitted that trap ranger is a bit strong

strong, but seriously not overpowered. and also one of 2 strong builds, so why nerfing it?
dont misunderstand me I have nothing against balancing, but if you look at the builds from other classes and how strong some of them are I just dont understand, why the trapper should be nerfed, without giving any alternative build, or bringing the ranger in terms of diversity in line with other classes

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

we got some discussion going on, i appreciate the feedback, maybe in time i can find a way 2 counter them, good point about the necro marks, so might as well make them invisible 2, getting hit by invisible aoe is very very hard 2 counter, u step on an invisible circle, u get fire, poison and immobilize which buys the ranger some time to flank u for more bleeds, the best way 2 know how 2 counter a class is 2 play it and get used 2 skills, cds etc, i dont say rangers traps r op caz i lost to one trust me, i say it caz i havent found a way 2 avoid circles which i cant see, i would like them 2 work like necros marks, or might as well make all aoe in the game not viewable 2 bring balance into the game, i dont want traps to be nerfed, i just dislike 2 be punished for stepping on something i cant even see

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

Here is what am asking for:

1) Make traps aoe viewable like the rest of the aoe in the game

2)buff other rangers builds so people have more than one or two ways to be a viable class

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

It that an ele complaining that trap rangers are too OP. If you are fighting a build that is good close to mid ranger you dont go running in (are you listening d/d eles).

As a d/d ele you have great mobility are you saying you cant avoid the little red circles. Or just smiply run away. You may not be able to kill a certain build, but there is a some victory in not dieing to a certain build.

How to beat any build identify what the strenght of the build is/are then remove, avoid , prevent it or negate it.

As a class with lot of skills with 1,200 range you really cant complain about a build who main strenght only has a range of 600.

Trap ranger are good becuase they use alot of different elements not just one.
If you look at the trap ranger build. Each of its parts have weakness.

Pets and bow = alot of people feel both of these things are broken (I am not among them Improvement yes broken no). Both of these thing can be avoided.

Trap ranger use condtion damage which can be negated easily if you come prepaired.

A one second immoblize isnt op. Now if you get caught with spike trap and two kds. you really need to work on your skill level before you start shouting something is op.

OP you do that you will in a better postion to say what is op (mind you you still can be wrong). And if you still cant beat a certain build then maybe its time you changed yours. Bunker build do tend to be worn down by condtion damage.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

(edited by Serraphin Storm.2369)

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Only thing that’s overpowered is the Spike Trap the immobilize is OP, immobilize on it should be removed

I think you’re talking about the elite skill Entangle, as Spike Trap doesn’t have immobilize. Entangle, while a great damage dealer/CC, can be countered rather easy.

First off, the activation animation is a dead give-away: the ranger will run in and do this jump-stomp thing with leaves flying everywhere. Just do one dodge roll away from him/her and you should be fine(600 range on it). If you do get stuck, any condition or immobilize removal will free you from it. Also, the roots themselves are fairly low in health; 2-4 melee attacks or a couple of AoE’s and it’s dead.

It’s actually most useful against small groups(3-5). In large groups there are usually so many AoE’s dropping everywhere the roots just get demolished fast.

Edit: I just now read that there is a hidden 1-second immobilize on Spike Trap, but only if you are traited for it(20 points) in the Skirmishing line. If you don’t know, the Skirmishing traitline for rangers gives you Precision and Critical Damage…neither of which benefit a condition ranger. But even if you get hit by that, it’s a base 1-second duration…that is hardly OP.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

(edited by Obsidian.1328)

in Ranger

Meandor Berdor.5438

i just dislike 2 be punished for stepping on something i cant even see

thats the point! I hate this too, but I`ve learned to deal with it. I played a trapper for a while too, but it just doesn´t fit my playstyle. (so I play it just a few times in spvp now if I feel like )but in these few weeks I generally learned a few tactics how this build could be countered.
also I have to say, that I really appreciate this discussion as it makes me want to give the trapper a try in wvw (should be really funny to kill a few “less skilled” people with a trap-build xD).

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Congratulation, you have obviously encountered a skilled ranger that knew how to deal with a thief!
I bet he has been busting his kitten off since release to finally create and master a rare ranger build that your sneaky little thief couldn’t take down.

If you had the slightest idea how the ranger profession is, you would never suggest something like that. The ranger is a very easy profession to level but a pain in the kitten to master. It takes a lot of time (& gold) and effort with different builds and gear to finally find one decent build that is somehow viable in www / dungeons (pve solo can be done with every profession and builds). Now, this hard work and loyalty (in contrast to those who re-rolled a warrior / thief) have finally paid off for that ranger you couldn’t kill with your stealth-backstabbing-run away-thief.

You could not get close to the ranger so that means the ranger is OP and needs some balance? LOL
Maybe you should try to make a new build?

btw. I came across few warriors, guardians, elementalists, necromancers, engineers, mesmers and thieves I couldn’t kill. NERF them all, they are OP!

in Ranger

Posted by: Jazenn.7526

Jazenn.7526

I only read the OP, which is hilarious. Trap ranger has been around since day one, and now all of a sudden it is overpowered? What build/profession/playstyle were you using? Builds have weaknesses, maybe trap ranger is yours. The point of a trap is that you can’t see it coming, so yea, ours is invisible. You don’t get a warning from thief stealth burst or warrior 100b either, and they do much more damage than traps. If a ranger uses traps you need to get in thier face. Kill them before their conditions kill you. Dodge roll towards them to avoid traps they have probably laid. Use condition removal early so you can start off with reasonable health and all their traps on cd. Trap ranger is not overpowered.

in Ranger

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

Thiefs can be beaten with aoe, knockbacks and cc. eles can be beaten with condition or high burst, so far im yet to find a counter for that ranger build, if u do know plz let me know, since its not op as u say then there must be a way 2 counter them? if so i would like 2 know it. rangers may need buffs in some builds i agree, however the trap/condition/evade combo is a nasty one and should be nerfed

All good thieves are running with condition removal + regen on stealth, so conditions alone won’t kill them. If a thief ever gets too low on hp he always has the option of completely escaping and resetting the fight (something that no other class has except maybe an ele).

A good bunker ele will not be beaten by a thief either due to their insane healing and condition removal. Eles also have excellent mobility and CC, so they can also easily get away if needed.

Really you just listed 2 classes that should have very little problem killing a ranger and are considered the most OP duelers in the game… I don’t mean to be nasty but I think an L2P is in order.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

It’s funny because I beat trap rangers all day.

(thief) easiest way to beat them is to make them waste their initiative cc and aoe

This. Get that down and they are an easy kill, the only thief that kills me these days is a very very very hard hitting from opening thief, or one that culls the hell out of me in WvW.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

All good thieves are running with condition removal + regen on stealth, so conditions alone won’t kill them. If a thief ever gets too low on hp he always has the option of completely escaping and resetting the fight (something that no other class has except maybe an ele).

A good bunker ele will not be beaten by a thief either due to their insane healing and condition removal. Eles also have excellent mobility and CC, so they can also easily get away if needed.

Really you just listed 2 classes that should have very little problem killing a ranger and are considered the most OP duelers in the game… I don’t mean to be nasty but I think an L2P is in order.

am willing 2 duel u in spvp anytime, show u it isnt about skill, come duel me then say l2p after

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

Posted by: kidbs.8920

kidbs.8920

am willing 2 duel u in spvp anytime, show u it isnt about skill, come duel me then say l2p after

Then why are you here complaining? No good thief or ele should ever die to any ranger. I’ll readily admit that if I beat either that they were likely just bad players because their classes by nature have an advantage over me.

SoR – Nethernoz (Necro), Zealot of Pain (Guardian), William The Butcher (Ranger)

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I may sound really noob here, but can someone please post this trapper build and the overall equips used, because I used to run a trapper/precision build that wasn’t that effective in WvW, now I’m running a trapper/BM hybrid build but I’m not sure about equips.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: StoneWolf.7930

StoneWolf.7930

in WvW a trap build is useless, sorry to say that’s the problem. you’ll do far better with a longbow and zerker with 30/30/5/0/5

now to the OP: you cannot get close “caz of traps”? you kidding? you must take NO condition removal or stun breaks. on my trap ranger necro’s will eat me considering they can transfer conditions at least 2x while stacking more. ele’s have massive mobility and with a small amount of common sense don’t stick around in traps too long, or long enough for them to do tons of damage. entangle is just lols, learn to dodge(entangle is great if it lands, but easy to dodge and easy to get out of). thieves to me are the biggest problem, but for some reason they like to jump to me and steal(which puts them in my spike and flame trap…=melt)

(edited by StoneWolf.7930)

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

lol, if you’re getting destroyed as a p/d condition thief by a trap ranger you’re just failing to understand how to play the thief…which is sad.. cause that spec is one of the easiest things in the game to do well on.

As for thieves having a hard time against the dodges..Not really…if you try and C/D the ranger you’ll have a problem, however against most rangers, you can just C/D the pet, as it cannot dodge..

If they’re camping a point in SPvP, simply load up caltrops and a shortbow as well, While stealthed drop caltrops and a poison field (both of which don’t break stealth) on the point..they can either move off of it or die…

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: somsom.5201

somsom.5201

How exactly will that prove it “isn’t about skill”?

You will either win or lose, which proves…nothing. Just because someone beats you doesn’t mean they have a build that needs to be nerfed. You just proved the Ranger side of the argument and made your own point ****ing moot.

See above comment on how to deal with this kind of build. Either a) take out the pet, negating a LOT of dmg or b) force the Ranger to move, negating dmg, screwing up their trap placement, etc.

Really isn’t that hard OP. Only thing that might be tricky is if they have mastered the sword reverse jump trick and kite you like a boss. If that happens: just stealth and run off like you normally do.

(edited by somsom.5201)

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

I may sound really noob here, but can someone please post this trapper build and the overall equips used, because I used to run a trapper/precision build that wasn’t that effective in WvW, now I’m running a trapper/BM hybrid build but I’m not sure about equips.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAV8YjIV51tVyVoWCg2jMtET2DDd8xvAvgC2UB;TUABXEftWYEw+DA

precision isnt normally good for condition builds as ur condition ticks cant crit

anyway here a very good version of the cbuild

enjoy

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

Posted by: Abrun.2734

Abrun.2734

#1… i play ranger so this may be bias.. but its not very hard to run off a trap when you spring it… once you leave the range for the trap it those conditions well disappear after 1 second… so if you are a ranged class you have an advantage over the ranger in that he can’t use his traps effectively… however on melee.. u gotta find a way to keep us locked down.. RANGERS HAVE 0 STABILITY (Unless u run Rampage as one)! so you wanna nerf our condition dmg and leave us defenseless? kinda stupid if you ask me.. i think ppl should research a class more before they QQ about it..

(edited by Abrun.2734)

in Ranger

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

precision isnt normally good for condition builds as ur condition ticks cant crit

The precision on rabid gear enhances the bleed on crit trait as well as providing more opportunity for weapon sigils to trigger, for instance, Superior Sigil of Earth (more bleeds).

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

#1… i play ranger so this may be bias.. but its not very hard to run off a trap when you spring it… once you leave the range for the trap it those conditions well disappear after 1 second… so if you are a ranged class you have an advantage over the ranger in that he can’t use his traps effectively… however on melee.. u gotta find a way to keep us locked down.. RANGERS HAVE 0 STABILITY! so you wanna nerf our condition dmg and leave us defenseless? kinda stupid if you ask me.. i think ppl should research a class more before they QQ about it..

Uhhh…Rampage as One? <—(Fury, Swiftness, Stability )

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Ranger

Posted by: capuchinseven.8395

capuchinseven.8395

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNAV8YjIV51tVyVoWCg2jMtET2DDd8xvAvgC2UB;TUABXEftWYEw+DA

anyway here a very good version of the cbuild

enjoy

Precision = more bleeds from any angle, more bleeds = way more condition damage.

The bravest animal in the land is Captain Beaky and his band.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shinigami.2193

Shinigami.2193

in WvW a trap build is useless, sorry to say that’s the problem. you’ll do far better with a longbow and zerker with 30/30/5/0/5

now to the OP: you cannot get close “caz of traps”? you kidding? you must take NO condition removal or stun breaks. on my trap ranger necro’s will eat me considering they can transfer conditions at least 2x while stacking more. ele’s have massive mobility and with a small amount of common sense don’t stick around in traps too long, or long enough for them to do tons of damage. entangle is just lols, learn to dodge(entangle is great if it lands, but easy to dodge and easy to get out of). thieves to me are the biggest problem, but for some reason they like to jump to me and steal(which puts them in my spike and flame trap…=melt)

You’re bang on Stone. Necros destroy my trap build. Rangers have 2 viable builds. The Bunker Ranger (0/0/30/10/30) and the Trapper Ranger (0/30/30/5/5) and they are only viable in certain cenarios. All this QQ-ing about Rangers is a joke. REALLY!!!

(edited by Shinigami.2193)

in Ranger

Posted by: Linkisdead.9647

Linkisdead.9647

So in one thread I see we are an LOL class to play in WvW/PvP and another I see we are OP. Lulz.

Trap Rng doesn’t need a nerf, it’s plenty beatable. It’s just like the other classes: it’s going to be a tough fight vs a skilled player with experience in their profession.

You have to activate our traps, they don’t just go off. Watch for the trap placement/throw animation to get a general idea of where the trap is.

At the end of the day it’s going to be a hard fight though if the guy knows what he’s doing. You have to avoid the traps while fighting off the conditions and pet, all while fighting a guy with high mobility and evades.

If you can’t burst the ranger down you must have some stuns/conditions as they don’t have many breakers/removals.

Sig
[sYn] Borlis Pass

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

#1… i play ranger so this may be bias.. but its not very hard to run off a trap when you spring it… once you leave the range for the trap it those conditions well disappear after 1 second… so if you are a ranged class you have an advantage over the ranger in that he can’t use his traps effectively… however on melee.. u gotta find a way to keep us locked down.. RANGERS HAVE 0 STABILITY (Unless u run Rampage as one)! so you wanna nerf our condition dmg and leave us defenseless? kinda stupid if you ask me.. i think ppl should research a class more before they QQ about it..

defenseless? plz having 4/5 evades is hardly being defenseless, never said i want condition dmg 2 be nerfed, all i said i want traps 2 have viewable circle like the rest of aoe in the game, as i said being punished for stepping on invisible circle isnt fair

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

StoneWolf.7930

and my previous post was not to be perceived in an “i so pr0” type of voice. but perhaps try to play the trap ranger? after playing my ranger i built a condition necro and i guess know what my own weaknesses are so to say? as a necro you can corrupt RAO then use DS 3 (fear) and reaper mark(more fear) while dropping bleeding,area weakness and chill just off of the staff. dont forget scepter dagger, or scepter focus. the only class i do not have problems with at all are warriors, because we all know they only use HBBullrush.

in Ranger

StoneWolf.7930

defenseless? plz having 4/5 evades is hardly being defenseless, never said i want condition dmg 2 be nerfed, all i said i want traps 2 have viewable circle like the rest of aoe in the game, as i said being punished for stepping on invisible circle isnt fair

i’m sorry but 5 evades is good, but not op. 4/5 evades while using sword/dagger which then leaves us….with spamming #1. also, it’s a trap, OH WAIT!!!!! lets make the thief’s traps also viewable, but how will it be a trap if you can avoid it? it’s a trap not a channeled AOE that does oh mer gurd awesome damage.

And i hate to say it, but l2p. maybe try some dodging, spike trap will miss you and not give you a 1sec immobilize, and no other traps will get too many pulses off on you. i never have problems with another trap ranger with my trap ranger because I roll and prepare for the conditions.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I have an idea – make rangers traps visible, and while you’re at it – make thieves in stealth visible as well. Great idea huh? No?

Thought not.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Daddydeath.9371

i thought i would get this response from the ranger community, as ppl when they play a class they hate 2 admit its overpowered in some areas and always think their class is underpowered and need buffs, same story with ele and thief community, might as well make necro’s marks not viewable, hey lets make all aoe not viewable then let me see QQing about being hit by things u cant see with very small cd. hiding behind things such as “L2P” is very pathetic as its an attempt to hide the fact that there are some areas which rangers can beat any other class with, and u cant then “L2P” yourself, anyone who says rangers arent op needs 2 “L2P” as they r not using their class the right way, i seen a trap ranger destroy every single build people brought. as dev said that they are looking closely to traps, so the nerf is coming, not as soon as the ele nerf but it will come and thats where i will look back at this thread and laugh as people not able 2 use a very good class blaming other people saying to them “L2P”.

Commander Soul Stone I

in Ranger

Posted by: Bambula.3649

Bambula.3649

not true, with trapper you can break every bunker thats a reason why are so strong, but not op. i need some time but 1on1 you can kill every bunker with a trapper when you got the same skill. ele get it easier vs trapper cause they got more condi removes than a guard or other classes, but after time even they will drop.

the trapper ranger big problem are cc/buster..100b worri is a bad exampel beacuse most of them a bit to obviously

but not glasscannon mesmer or pistel whip can be very dangeruos if you doge on time wrong or you have to much stuns, cause he got no stun breaker.

Orga for [WUMS]

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

The fact that you lose to a build doesnt make it OP. What makes it OP Exactly.
When people complain about thieves its: I was hit with 14k backstab and I have 2k toughness.

As a thief you have pistols and a bow. You dont need to get close to kill you chose to and that choice has gotten you killed.

Thieves have traps as well and the ablility to lay them down in stealth. You can watch the ranger and see when he throw a trap. (Dont think I have ever seen a trapper thief).

The first step in winning a fight is believing you can the second is to fight on your term not your opponets.

Traps have a good sized cooldown. Dont fight the ranger where he want you to fight him.

This is why It’s a L2P issue you have all the tools to beat him but you either choose not to use them or you dont know they are there.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Illuvatar.4051

Illuvatar.4051

. Try playing a Ranger since release, then come back and see what classes you like to cry about and scream nerf to.

This.
No other words needed in this topic.

I am norn, hunter of the wild, born of the free and rugged FAR SHIVERPEAK mountains.

in Ranger

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

only if you can see said thieves. Most thieves admit that rangers are their easiest opponent.

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in Ranger

Posted by: Columba.9730

Columba.9730

i thought i would get this response from the ranger community, as ppl when they play a class they hate 2 admit its overpowered in some areas and always think their class is underpowered and need buffs, same story with ele and thief community, might as well make necro’s marks not viewable, hey lets make all aoe not viewable then let me see QQing about being hit by things u cant see with very small cd. hiding behind things such as “L2P” is very pathetic as its an attempt to hide the fact that there are some areas which rangers can beat any other class with, and u cant then “L2P” yourself, anyone who says rangers arent op needs 2 “L2P” as they r not using their class the right way, i seen a trap ranger destroy every single build people brought. as dev said that they are looking closely to traps, so the nerf is coming, not as soon as the ele nerf but it will come and thats where i will look back at this thread and laugh as people not able 2 use a very good class blaming other people saying to them “L2P”.

thieves say the same thing. Happy to make traps visible if thieves become visible when damaged or when they attack. deal?

only thieves know how to play, they chant “L2P” every time their god mode is challenged.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

Wow I feel like you’ve all been trolled.

The way you beat a trap ranger is by not being a baddie. A well played condition thief can kill any ranger build, especially a Trap ranger. You get a free C&D off the pet and never have to get close to the ranger and his traps. Shortbow has no volley to track you in stealth and if you stop being so predictable, he won’t know where to swing his sword/throw his traps.

ohbtw caltrops trait reveals where you are while you are in stealth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Norseman.4280

Norseman.4280

Yeah you know, I play a ranger ( really wanted it to be my main) as well as other classes. I can tell you that in WvW or PvP my mesmer never fears a ranger. The other day there was one ranger that owned the heck out of me but he/she was a very skilled player, whereas I view myself somewhere in the middle skill wise.

When I play my ranger in PvP I have to work a LOT harder to get a kill or defend a point than I do when I’m on my mesmer. I really don’t see any ranger build as being anywhere near OP. 19 times out of 20 when I see a ranger I drool, anticipating an easy kill.

Jade Quarry. [Nord] [OMFG]

in Ranger

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

How exactly will that prove it “isn’t about skill”?

You will either win or lose, which proves…nothing. Just because someone beats you doesn’t mean they have a build that needs to be nerfed. You just proved the Ranger side of the argument and made your own point ****ing moot.

See above comment on how to deal with this kind of build. Either a) take out the pet, negating a LOT of dmg or b) force the Ranger to move, negating dmg, screwing up their trap placement, etc.

Really isn’t that hard OP. Only thing that might be tricky is if they have mastered the sword reverse jump trick and kite you like a boss. If that happens: just stealth and run off like you normally do.

His ego>his whine.

in Ranger

Posted by: Convict.8526

Convict.8526

daddydeath, your just bad, end O discussion.

in Ranger

Posted by: khadorian.6417

khadorian.6417

You’re bang on Stone. Necros destroy my trap build. Rangers have 2 viable builds. The Bunker Ranger (0/0/30/10/30) and the Trapper Ranger (0/30/30/5/5) and they are only viable in certain cenarios. All this QQ-ing about Rangers is a joke. REALLY!!!

I prefer 0/30/20/20

nature protection > barkskin and strengh of spirit gives me 70 power also like the 20% boon duration bonus.

<a href="http://tinyurl.com/bmj3ann">My WvW Necro power build</a>

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I came across few trap rangers using shortbow, with sword and dagger in a condition build. I think they are abit overpowered with access to ccs by pets, very good condition damage with around 4/5 evades, + dodges and endurance regn if you have the right sigils.
AN said they will be nerfing dd eles which is understandable however if u lock an ele down or put a large amount of condition they will go down. however im yet 2 find a way around to beat the op trap rangers as i cant get close caz of traps, and if i do manage they have 2 many evades and dodges which means u cant even lock them on a place and even if u do they will just not take dmg. i think trap rangers r the most op class in this game and need some balance

for 100 gold i’ll teach you how to deal with these godly trappas.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.