Traps stealth nerfed?

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

I’ve played traps nearly 2 years roaming in wvw and after today’s update, the trap gets cancelled if you dodged after it was thrown (but still hasn’t hit the ground).

edit: I guess it got nerfed when they fixed the broken skills of other classes where they were able to attack mid air.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

(edited by Kolisch.4691)

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Radagast.6271

Radagast.6271

Cast time was increased from 1/2 to 1 sec, they updated it without any warning.

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Rediculous…they’re already weak.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I’ve played traps nearly 2 years roaming in wvw and after today’s update, the trap gets cancelled if you dodged after it was thrown (but still hasn’t hit the ground).

edit: I guess it got nerfed when they fixed the broken skills of other classes where they were able to attack mid air.

Mine work in every other place except WvW – most of them don’t work when using the runes as a Ranger.

Today, another patch, still no fixes.

Gads.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: KaporHabakuk.6219

KaporHabakuk.6219

Noticed that longer cast time too,was very very unnecesary.Also they really love to not work at all,sometimes even 2 traps in row,dont give even super speed.And tooltip says 1s,but if that is 1s,am willing to eat my keyboard.Engie just finished full block duration till i landed spike trap,ofc behind him thanks to mega silly-super ridiculous cast time…….

And as cherry on top,it feels like axe/torch is taking longer to cast.quite funny,when ranger from 1.5k range can knock u almost instantly,while i barely start even the silly cast on axe3,which will get obstructed by unseen obstacle anyway….

Made me sad,was really funn playing traper,but now

OTAN guild,WSR server

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Kolisch.4691

We still have some hope: The radius is increased greatly. They don’t like us having something good, so they might consider fixing this.

HoT = Grind Wars 2

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Angel.8742

Angel.8742

Yup – Trap Rangers got the nerf bat handed to them in this latest patch and I have no idea why…

My Video of this HORRIBLE Nerf!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TzgaDs9PVM

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

It’s only if you have trappers expertise, this must be a bug.

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

It’s only if you have trappers expertise, this must be a bug.

Hurray, we can trait into making our utilities worse!

I’m really not sure ground targeting and larger AoE is actually worth doubling the cast time.

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Kolisch.4691

So far, what we know about this is that:

1. GMaster trait (Trap Potency) will now also increase trap cast time by two times (which is bad), while also increasing radius (good but at the expense of the cast time? noooo).

2. If you don’t use either Master (Trapper’s Expertise), or GMaster trait, you can bring the cast time back down to the normal 1/2 seconds.

So — If you choose to untrait the Master trait, you only lose ground targeting but get another trait of your choice while maintaining the added radius (from bugged GM trait). If you un-equip only GM trait, you lose the condition duration. So for those foregoing Master, it might not be such a big nerf to those holding points in PvP — they basically get a free Master trait out of nowhere.

HoT = Grind Wars 2

(edited by Kolisch.4691)

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Britto.6374

Britto.6374

I hope in a bug…if it s a nerf, it s a horrible nerf!!! destroy trapper build, totally!
With 1 sec cast and 2 sec for stealth (rune of trapper) i lost all surviv and mobility!!!!

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Britto.6374

Britto.6374

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Treeoflife.4031

Treeoflife.4031

Just crafted an entire set of Exotic Condition Gear including Armor Weapons and the Runes. I also spent all of my laurels on ascended rings and amulet. Not even 1 hour with all my gear set up and the patch hits and the runes and traps are bugged/nerfed? You’ve gotta be kidding me. Maybe if more time was spent on bug testing/fixing and less time on April Fools Pranks i would be less upset…

Guild Leader of Rebel Dps [ReD]
~Glitch

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vinegaroon.4369

Vinegaroon.4369

Just crafted an entire set of Exotic Condition Gear including Armor Weapons and the Runes. I also spent all of my laurels on ascended rings and amulet. Not even 1 hour with all my gear set up and the patch hits and the runes and traps are bugged/nerfed? You’ve gotta be kidding me. Maybe if more time was spent on bug testing/fixing and less time on April Fools Pranks i would be less upset…

i just did the same thing but i didn’t know any better until now.

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

This problem has been fixed. Everything is back to the way it was before yesterday

Traps stealth nerfed?

in Ranger

Posted by: Urinova.7013

Urinova.7013

This problem has been fixed. Everything is back to the way it was before yesterday

Praise the llama overlord it is fixed.

Hunch – Asura Ranger