Traps stealth nerfed

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: aotd.4098

aotd.4098

Thought you had enough with the lackluster patch notes? They’ve actually NERFED all traps to a 30sec cooldown, but haven’t changed tooltips (incorrectly show 20 and 25 secs) or added to patch notes.

(edited by aotd.4098)

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Bornthisway.4609

Bornthisway.4609

If this is true (cannot play atm) it is highly disappointing and insane. Why not just delete this class entirely.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

Oh goody! Our only good utility skills got nerfed!

Well at least all our utility skills are ‘balanced’ now… they all suck equally! Hooray!

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

If that’s true, that single nerf is 100x worse than any buffs we got.

Maid Of The Coast

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Balor.9103

Balor.9103

Yeah, this is true. Just tested, every trap has 30 sec cooldown but tooltips are not changed so instead of getting serious buffs in this patch we are even more nurfed. Somebody at ANet really hates rangers.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Well at least all our utility skills are ‘balanced’ now… they all suck equally! Hooray!

Hahaha This is getting surreal. Stop beating the ranger, he’s already dead.

All is vain.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: xformulax.5462

xformulax.5462

lol, double cooldown on flame trap.

I’M DONE.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: lagrangeify.5641

lagrangeify.5641

Oh that’s awesome, not only am I playing the most maligned of professions, but they nerfed my build?

Why are ANet so determined that I play a warrior?

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

It was animation fix guys. Just like the shortbow. And in a few days after they’re pushed into a corner, anet will finally admit that they were tired of people spamming traps. (gotta go after dem crafty bot farmers)

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

Holy kittensticks, this is no joke. My flame trap was nerfed.

I’m actually laughing out loud over how absurd this is.

(edited by TravisTrout.6803)

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

No. Survival skills are still useable.

Next patch, QZ now gives 4s swiftness instead of quickness, muddy terrain gives all enemies might, and lightning reflexes now stuns you as you go into a fetal position and cry pathetically while your pet runs around aimlessly in circles.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

OMFG insane. I’m so glad I held back on levelling my ranger to enjoy those awesome balance adjustments.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

I guess this also explains the 14/16 of the promised patch notes.

• All traps now have a 30 second CD.

One internet cookie to whoever finds the other missing patch note (probably also a nerf).

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: SuperCrab.5836

SuperCrab.5836

Just tested. Yup. My condition build just got destroyed.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Wha?!

Ugh, please let this be a mistake.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

Seems that ANet’s new mantra is to lie their kitten off to everyone.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

It’s clearly a bug. If every ranger reported this error in-game… they might replace our traps with witches cauldrons

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: SuperCrab.5836

SuperCrab.5836

It’s a bug that will take two years to fix at this pace.

=nerf

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: TravisTrout.6803

TravisTrout.6803

It has to be a bug because if I slot the “Trap Potency” trait, the tooltip reflects the 20% reduction but the actual cooldown is unaffected. Try it, you’ll see.

Has to be a bug. Please be a bug.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Deft Dan.8016

Deft Dan.8016

I’m pretty sure this was unintended since the skill descriptions haven’t been changed and trap potency also doesn’t work on them now.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

I’m pretty sure this was unintended since the skill descriptions haven’t been changed and trap potency also doesn’t work on them now.

Doesn’t matter if it was intended or not. We’re probably stuck with it for the next month or more.

It’s also becoming pretty common to see patch notes that say “Tooltip changed to correctly reflect ___________”

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

aotd.4098

Funny how we get “unintended” nerfs, but no “intended” fixes.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Jihoko.3927

Jihoko.3927

This is actually good news. It sounds extremely likely that it’s a bug, which increase the chances of a dev visiting this forum to report this. It’s also possible that if something this huge got overlooked, there may have been other intended changes that weren’t implemented or reported. At the very least, they can’t entirely ignore us.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Deft Dan.8016

Deft Dan.8016

Doesn’t matter if it was intended or not. We’re probably stuck with it for the next month or more.

It’s also becoming pretty common to see patch notes that say “Tooltip changed to correctly reflect ___________”

It does matter because minor patches and hotfixes can come along much more often than big patches such as this one. I understand that tooltips aren’t always accurate, however, the tooltips weren’t even touched in this case, they’re exactly the same as they were before.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

aotd.4098

Dev visited, wrote damage control bs, and left.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

It has to be a bug because if I slot the “Trap Potency” trait, the tooltip reflects the 20% reduction but the actual cooldown is unaffected. Try it, you’ll see.

Has to be a bug. Please be a bug.

The tool-tips will be updated in 3 weeks. They didn’t have enough time to test the tool-tip changes with this patch.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
ยป My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Katie Feathermoore.5031

Katie Feathermoore.5031

Yea this better be fixed by the end of the night. This is a huge nerf to anyone who uses traps, especially flame. Seriously this is like our best utilities besides QZ.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Krugan.7901

Krugan.7901

At least frost trap now has a shorter cd…

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Hey all, we are aware of the bug with Ranger traps. A fix is slated for to take care of this bug tonight.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

nice, thanks for the update

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Zaith.9132

Sure you have the time to “test” it?

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazyair.5716

Eleazyair.5716

Hey all, we are aware of the bug with Ranger traps. A fix is slated for to take care of this bug tonight.

So are you guys starting to call “class balance mistakes” “bugs” now? Interesting way of putting it…

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Excellent. I knew it couldn’t have been intentional…

secretly lets out a sigh of relief

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Aether McLoud.1975

Aether McLoud.1975

So much fore “but we have to test all these changes”. Hypocrits.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Cain.1278

Cain.1278

Sure you have the time to “test” it?

I lol’d

/morechars

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Azel.4786

Azel.4786

I will not hold my breath on this one, we still don’t know how the “bug fix” is going to be implemented.

Perhaps the CD nerf has just been deemed too big due to community backlash (and might not return to the original) or SB nerf story will repeat itself.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

aotd.4098

Bugfix patch:

• Rangers are now no longer available in class selection menu

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: saVdoom.2067

saVdoom.2067

No. Survival skills are still useable.

Next patch, QZ now gives 4s swiftness instead of quickness, muddy terrain gives all enemies might, and lightning reflexes now stuns you as you go into a fetal position and cry pathetically while your pet runs around aimlessly in circles.

I swear that i laughed out loud while reading this, honestly.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

So are you guys starting to call “class balance mistakes” “bugs” now? Interesting way of putting it…

Let’s see:

It wasn’t announced.
The tooltip doesn’t reflect it.
They clearly stated it was unintentional and intend to fix it TONIGHT.

It’s a bug.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Hoood.4935

Hoood.4935

Bugfix patch:

• Rangers are now no longer available in class selection menu

All hail the king!

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

People rage and whine about a “stealth nerf” without even pausing to think for a moment it might be a bug, it’s then confirmed as a bug that will be fixed the same night that it’s introduced, and people respond with yet more irrational insults. You just refuse to give ArenaNet even a drop of respect, don’t you?

Stop behaving like irrational brats just because you didn’t get every single buff you dreamed of in one patch. ArenaNet doesn’t deserve this kind of grief, regardless of what you all think.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Soul.5947

Soul.5947

and customers deserve to be lied to?

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Zaith.9132

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: kaltastic.3146

kaltastic.3146

People rage and whine about a “stealth nerf” without even pausing to think for a moment it might be a bug, it’s then confirmed as a bug that will be fixed the same night that it’s introduced, and people respond with yet more irrational insults. You just refuse to give ArenaNet even a drop of respect, don’t you?

Stop behaving like irrational brats just because you didn’t get every single buff you dreamed of in one patch. ArenaNet doesn’t deserve this kind of grief, regardless of what you all think.

I’ll reserve judgement when I see that the bug fix patch notes don’t read:

Fixed tooltip on traps to match new cooldowns

We share apocalyptic views, how comforting that we see it too.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Mesh.1506

Mesh.1506

I’ll reserve judgement when I see that the bug fix patch notes don’t read:

Fixed tooltip on traps to match new cooldowns

Exactly what i was thinking, extremely vague response.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Customers that explode with childish tantrums like this when things don’t go entirely their way? Yeah, I’m fine with them being lied to.

This is an MMO, nothing is set in stone. Things can come up, delays can happen. Behavior like what I’ve seen tonight is an absurd overreaction.

(edited by Stormleaf.1769)

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

So much fore “but we have to test all these changes”. Hypocrits.

Right? Who is testing this? I’m pretty confident nobody at Anet plays a Ranger. Because they would have noticed the ONLY viable build had a pretty big bug. It boggles the mind. And if there IS a guy playing/testing ranger, I would be happy to give him a few pointers as to what to look for.

On a slightly related topic, what do infractions mean?

On a very off topic thought, SWTOR went F2P today, right? Guess I’ll check out my Sage healer…

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Zaith.9132

Stormleaf, I sincerely hope you never work in customer service.