Traveller's rune and its uses...

in Ranger

Posted by: idevourwater.3149

idevourwater.3149

I want to ask , do you think the new traveller’s rune is any good.

If so, what build would it be most benificial for? with new patch coming up, maybe we will have more utilities worth slotting in place of SoH…

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I use it for solo trapping in wvw. It allows me to have good mobility while using 3 traps, sword/dagger, and axe/torch.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Draehl.2681

Draehl.2681

I can’t speak for Ranger as I’m only leveling mine, but on my Necromancer it’s a godsend because it frees up a utility slot I would otherwise be using for Signet of the Locust (Signet of the Hunt equivalent) AND the stats are nice for hybrid builds. The real question you want to ask yourself is if you’re using Signet of the Hunt, do you value one of the other rune sets or an extra utility slot more? To me the extra utility skill far outweighs the other rune sets.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I would get them on my ranger if I didn’t have multiple armor sets and multiple builds per armor set to worry about.

I do have them on my mesmer and my necro though and I must agree that they are a godsend.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

25% movement speed? Yup! Its a swiss army knife of stats so its good for everything, probably more so for hybrids.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

idevourwater.3149

I use it for solo trapping in wvw. It allows me to have good mobility while using 3 traps, sword/dagger, and axe/torch.

Oooo good idea… i actually thought of that, but wasnt sure if it is effective enough to drop the condi dmg runes

in Ranger

idevourwater.3149

im mainly looking to use it for a zerker build,

but the trade off is kinda big, since i have no use for the condi duration and the boon duration part of it…

hoping next patch, they come up with tweaked and more useful utilities ..

in Ranger

Posted by: felixdacat.3804

felixdacat.3804

im mainly looking to use it for a zerker build,

but the trade off is kinda big, since i have no use for the condi duration and the boon duration part of it…

hoping next patch, they come up with tweaked and more useful utilities ..

You should have use for condition duration being a zerker build. Assuming you put 30 in MM, there’s 30% condition duration right there. Plus another 10% from Traveler runes. This helps you extend things like vulnerability, chill, etc. Conditions aren’t always about damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Coarr.3286

Coarr.3286

4x traveler in my group support hybrid build. i use the rune to achive 50% condition duration and 60% boon duration for perma regen and swiftness uptime. perma might 10+ on me and my pet, 24/28 sec fury for 46% crit chance. when i ask what i have to bring to our group, warrior? guardian? or ranger? my guild always preferes my ranger. we run in a setup of 3-8 ppl

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMQQRBMhd+1JRFN32FkiFoWGQaPmEzDTYFME3D/rTCxDW95B-jUDBoNJDxZQ00CQUGAEBhO5rIaslhTjt8KI6ZLqWVDQdDzYORG0DrWKAIWDA-w

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: NickelQuack.3216

NickelQuack.3216

4x traveler in my group support hybrid build. i use the rune to achive 50% condition duration and 60% boon duration for perma regen and swiftness uptime. perma might 10+ on me and my pet, 24/28 sec fury for 46% crit chance. when i ask what i have to bring to our group, warrior? guardian? or ranger? my guild always preferes my ranger. we run in a setup of 3-8 ppl

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMQQRBMhd+1JRFN32FkiFoWGQaPmEzDTYFME3D/rTCxDW95B-jUDBoNJDxZQ00CQUGAEBhO5rIaslhTjt8KI6ZLqWVDQdDzYORG0DrWKAIWDA-w

I really like your build. I’m going to bookmark it to try it out later.

in Ranger

Coarr.3286

bester ranger wvw build atm. suites my playstyle very well and your group will kiss your kitten .

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

in Ranger

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

For most builds, replacing Signet of the Hunt with a more useful utility skill gives a bigger performance boost than replacing Traveler’s runes with any other rune set.

Even if you don’t count the movement speed bonus, Traveler’s runes aren’t terrible. Signet of the Hunt, on the other hand, would be virtually unused if not for the movement speed bonus, as the only other things it’s good for are making very short video clips of huge Maul crits and reminiscing about the time when it allowed jaguars and ravens to burst people respectably.

As mentioned above, Traveler’s Runes can be huge in trap builds because they let you carry an entire extra trap without losing movement speed. You’re not going to get that from an alternate rune set.

Hell, even if you don’t actively use the freed up utility slot, just put Signet of Stone there instead and leave it on passive like you do now with Signet of the Hunt. The combination of Traveler’s Runes plus 180 toughness beats out most any other rune sets plus Signet of the Hunt.

Traveler’s runes just seem like an extremely good deal for rangers.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

(edited by Stice.5204)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I love travelers runes, i switched all my melandreus runes for them (3 sets) the only set of armor that doesn’t have them is my zerker set (i use rangers on that).

boon duration is always good, makes our WH better, RAO better, healing spring better, some of our traits better, LR better, and more.

Condition duration is always good. even when speccing for power we generally still use Vulnerability, Chill and Cripple.

and 25% speed buff, nuff said. though i imagine that is doesn’t effect our pet like SotH (making our pet easier to kite).

plus 30 to each stat is nothing to sneeze at

(edited by Eggyokeo.9705)

in Ranger

Posted by: lmaonade.9207

lmaonade.9207

How exactly does it free up anything?

you can easily swap Signet of the Hunt in and out because you never use its active anyway, it’s not like Guardian perma-swift that requires staff and 2 utility slots.

Now this is an honest question, because I cannot see the use in it, I can just swap any 25% movement signet in a build and swap it out later when I’m done running to places, or I’m about to enter combat, this is especially true for PvE. As for WvW, the only time you WON’T be able to swap it out is if you were ambushed, if it were by a big group, 1 extra utility wouldn’t save you (in fact the MS will just help you run more successfully), and if by a singular target then I’d reckon the bonus from not taking Traveler’s and taking a more focused rune set will balance out the loss of 1 utility slot anyway.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

honestly guys, apothecary BM is still the best roamer build .

in Ranger

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

honestly guys, apothecary BM is still the best roamer build .

It’s what I use for roaming, though I rarely play ranger now. Warrior just does so much better. I hate that because I want so badly to like the profession, but it just feels like they don’t know what to do with it. Ranger feels like it’s in a really awkward place right now.

Anyway as for apoth, I tried out the perplexity runes on it. It was o.k., but in the end I got more out of the vitality to condi damage than I did with perplexity. It’s a good cover condi though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

bester ranger wvw build atm. suites my playstyle very well and your group will kiss your kitten .

To bad you must be asura for this build, any alternative for radiation field? And don’t you feel exposed without ranged weapon?

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

in Ranger

Coarr.3286

muddy terrain, lightning reflexes or the signet that removes conditions. alle 3 are viable alternatives for the radiation field. but nothing has the power of the field. i never never never ever want to loose this strong debuff machine.

axe/torch are ranged. torch 4 has a range of 1200, thats more than the shortbow has. i see myself as a mid range fighter and i do very well. sure there are builds out there that can beat me, but in an 2on2 we have never lost in the past 2 months. the support+sustain dmg are send from god in a small scale group ( 2-5 ppl )

[care] Coarr Ix – Ranger
Kodash
Stomp some Piken!

(edited by Coarr.3286)

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I just swapped to them for wvw, not certain yet how much better or worse off i am in my own build but love the extra utility slot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sauly.5472

Sauly.5472

How would this go in Dungeons and PvE?