Troll Unguent As a Survival Skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Belarorn.9062

Belarorn.9062

OK Ive been Going over Heals. Most Classes Have 2 or more Heal skills that benefits from being Traited

i.e Signets, then a Meditation for gaurd, Venom for thieves etc

So Where is Rangers?? Oh We have a Buff-able Healing Spirit! That we use for…Parties? PvE? laughs? Having more minions then a necro? Oh there that one.

So Can we Get one more??? I was thinking maybe Make Troll Unguent a Survival Skill, Or HaO either or. Healing Spring is in a good place. We don’t Talk a bout Spirit But there is no real other heal. Nothing worth it its Healing Spring or Nothing for Most rangers. Also It would totally fit. Being that its like a healing Salve rangers might Carry.. for survival.. Just a thought

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

We havn’t been updated to yet have Our heal skill put into Catagorys uunfortunately , really hope Anet finish what they started.

many people have Thought of what can be done with our healing skills.

the Trait Circle of life needs to ether be better and not give such bad Regen.
or Changed completely , it has Very Very Very Limited use and is pretty much Unused by all Rangers.

this trait Circle of life could Just be changed to healing skills give 20% more out going healing.

Troll ugent = added to wilderness Survival (Remember if you have the Trait for this its only Adept and more Flexiable for many builds)

Heal as one made into a shout (keeping its current healing amount as is or lower the amount by 5%-10%) and would grant Regen + swiftness to People nearby when using this heal skill (at the cost of a Grandmaster natures voice , also Loosing out on Sotf)

Natures voice scales slowly with its boon Duration and to be Effective of any kind it ether needs Runes or Natures Bounty, so i don’t feel this is too much, unless of course you built for full BM and Nature, it could be used as a Party Regen Center for WvW, though still weak to conditions , the Free Utility slot can mean we can slot Signet of renewal for some BM condi removal without having to go Full Wilderness or slot Sotf, while trying to run a BM build.

Healing Spring = Stays the Same no changes. (could work well with the changes to Circle of life)

the placement of the Traits would mean a Ranger would still have to give up his Condi removals or Some Survival traits to provide better Party Support.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

I’d kill for 20% cooldown reduction on TU.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Delta Blues.8507

Delta Blues.8507

I would become WAYYYYYYYYY overpowered

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Not realy its 10secs Every 25secs . it would be 22.5sec cooldown if it did and it would also Give us a condi removal if used with Sotf , Freeing up more Useful Utility , rather than being Stuck to Qz,muddy terrain and LR / sharpening stones.

we could Incorparate a Trap with the Free slot and provide Damage+cc rather than using Muddy terrain or we could even Take a Pet skill like Sick um with a Survival build improving the pets Effectivness all this from one change and it is only 2.5secs off.

Sotf is kinda the same Build Style as a Condi removal shout warroir/Medi guardian But it don’t effect team mates so going this route is still Selfish on the Rangers Part.

better think things through before posting.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I agree that we could use with some trait tweaking, especially around healing skills.

My suggestion would be:

-Rejuvenation trait (NM adept minor) – changed from 5s regeneration when you drop under 75% HP with an internal CD to gain 5s regeneration when using a healing skill.

-Circle of life – changed from a Healing spring on downed to a Healing spring when under 25% HP. 60-90s ICD

-Heal as One – Now considered a survival skill.

-Lower the ICD for the Water spirit proc heal from 10s to 5s. Speed up the AOE part casting time significantly.

-Oakheart salve- has an additional passive effect. Damaging conditions last significantly less on your pet. Say 50-75%.

(edited by Chokolata.1870)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Its very powerful already, I cant see them buffing TU. The cooldown starts as soon as used, so by the time its stopped ticking you are only 15 secs away from using it again. Our other heals need buffs more IMO.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: sminkiottone.6972

sminkiottone.6972

TU is already the best heal we have, Heal as one should be buffed and behave like it did in GW1 (if the pet is dead it will resurrect with 50% HP).

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

It would be probably on par with Healing Turrent, Ele’s heal signet and Withdraw.

Which means it would be OP.

More than 400 hp/s without investment in healing power, even more Fury and condition removal, all in one. That would be some serious canoon.

But I would focus at Heal as One first. TU is still used by majority of better players.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Heal as One being a survival skill would certainly make it more enticing. But it really should have a faster cast time too.

Would it being on a .5 second cast and being a survival skill be too much?

Plus in the other thread some people mentioned that TU was a survival skill in GW1 whereas HaO was a shout? I never played GW1 so don’t know.

From a practicality stand point though, Troll Ungent ‘should’ be the survival skill. It’s a medical supply etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

TU is already the best heal we have, Heal as one should be buffed and behave like it did in GW1 (if the pet is dead it will resurrect with 50% HP).

I like that. It’d give us an out if our pets get creamed in an aoe zerg fest and we have to wait for that ridiculously long cooldown.

Also, it should be made a shout. That would open up some synergy with traits & runes.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

heal as one been a BM trait for time immemorial it should either be pet cooldown related or shout related. Also Heal as one could have the special property of reviving pet instantly wich is something none of the other heals can do (HAO did that in GW1 and was the only skill save for the original pet heal that could actualy both heal and revive the pet not to mention it also healed the master wich is something no bm ability could do save for that new heal that didnt revive pet in EOTN id also like to mention HAO was the one only healing spell beside of healing spring wich was a trap and was very hard to place down and troll unguant wich was in survival tree that a ranger could do to heal himself not to mention it was the largest instantanous self heal of the ranger and the only way a ranger could insta heal most of his hp).

The last thing I expect would be for heal as one to become survival related it has to long of an history behing related to beastmastery and has never been actualy used in any build wich didnt rely entirely on pet. Actualy I easily see this healing spell giving some buff like for instance.

1. Heal twice as more if pet is alive (with a base healing reduced by 20% or 30%)
2. If pet is dead revives it immediately
3. The skill had the lovely property to cause pet to leech health for every strike over 10 second and transfer it to you back in GW 1 this both added to its damage and health the ranger by a lot maybe they could give that back to us.

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Ranger

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

If they’re going to buff one of HaO or TU, it’ll be HaO. As far as I’m concerned, TU has always been in a good place for what it offers. Buffing that thing up could easily make strong build too strong.