Unaceptable pet location behind a 2h event

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I think it’s fine with hard content to get some stuff, as long as it doesn’t require hundreds of other players. Imho all pets should be possible to get solo, possibly with a full group as the max requirement for some.

The best event chain I’ve ever done in an mmo was in Vanguard (rip),a quest chain to get our flying griffons. It was a long, long quest, and some parts were really difficult and it took an organized group to pull it off, but it was enough to have a group of 5 (?) people complete it. The sense of achievement upon completion was great! And much more so in fact compared to the 20 man raids I took part of every week.

When things start to require the size of raids to get things that are more or less a core mechanic, especially since in this game this “spills over” into the competitive scene of wvw, I don’t necessarily agree with the decisions made in HoT.

Were this only a pve game then I wouldn’t really care, but it isn’t.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

What happens in a few weeks / months when no one is redoing these events, we just going to solo them for the pet?

in Ranger

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

I have been in two fail events so far and it hasn’t been fun. Two hours of carpal tunnel, eye-gouging frustration and loss of faith in humanity. I would rather go to the dentist.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Forcing people to play a singular way to finish their profession is only a good idea to the people who happen to enjoy that way of playing.

If it happens to be your preferred play style…you white knight their awesome game design and give everyone else crap for not be willing to take on a “challenge”.

If it is not your preferred play style, it sucks…because games aren’t fun when you are forced to play a way you don’t enjoy for a significant amount of time just to finish your profession.

Again, why did they remove map completion from WvW? Because it wasn’t “fair” to you PvE types to make you run around a PvP map. Remember? This situation is sort of similar…except that instead of map completion, this is having all the tools available to your profession in order to play it the way you want.

I say put the pets on a vendor in WvW for 5k badges. Put them at the end of a PvP reward track. AND leave them behind the map event. Then…everyone has a “challenge” that they can enjoy while getting their pet.

+1
I have never found PvE in this game to be challenging, the word you are looking for might be irritating, boring, tedious, tiring, lame, awful, drudging……

They can make it challenging if they want but the there needs to be a WvW version of the challenge. They could even come up with a PvP challenge, they could give every profession a personal reward track that granted a chest with the new armor piece for their profession and the ranger one could give the new pets as part of the rewards along the track.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Atrabelos.7584

Atrabelos.7584

Totally agreed with the OP. I spent over 3 days trying to find the Electric Wyvern upon release of HoT and now that we know where it is I’m on the verge of giving up just because of so many failed maps and wasted time. I wouldn’t have a problem if the pets were just skins like (most) GW1 pets or the Hall of Monuments pets, but these have unique abilities and it’s ridiculous they get locked behind this event.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

GW1 pets were cosmetic skins…

Except for the Roller Beetle, its tons better than any other pet

And the bear, it’s tons worse than all the others.

The Black Bear? Well, yes and no. Depending on how many Paragons you have Brutal Mauling was the only pet attack skill, so it triggered paragon shouts and chants. I used to run a 4 ranger 4 paragon hero team with 8 black bears in it

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Again, why did they remove map completion from WvW? Because it wasn’t “fair” to you PvE types to make you run around a PvP map. Remember? This situation is sort of similar…except that instead of map completion, this is having all the tools available to your profession in order to play it the way you want.

I know and I publicly supported that decision, as I know there are people who are almost phobic about any PVP and I had empathy for that.

Shame, when the tables are turned and we complain about this, this is what we get.

Isn’t that, so often, the case?

“No good deed goes unpunished.”.

Not that we get it from every PVEer; just a certain type…

So, I’m not going to blame them all, or change my position on anything, but still.

Disappointing, frankly.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

in Ranger

Posted by: shalywen.9548

shalywen.9548

Actually at one point traits were like that. But too many people complained that it was too hard so they simplified it.

Actually you could have done that OR simply have bought them from the npcs in the mists. Nobody simplified anything, they simply added BOTH the options when they changed that.

(edited by shalywen.9548)

in Ranger

Posted by: Haudruff.7804

Haudruff.7804

the message is easy from anet:
certain unique pets and their mechanics are only available for people who like hamsterwheels and got 2 or 3 hours lifetime to waste infront of a pc. and it is ofc only affecting rangerclass.
if you are not that type of gamer, and/or enjoy other parts of the game like wvw, then there is no need to buy that expansion.
i knew that with hot there would only be pvE-stuff added to the game, but how could i have known there would be pvE-gated content. oh wait….

(edited by Haudruff.7804)

in Ranger

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

If one class has something gated behind a hard to complete event, then to be fair to every players, each class should also have something gated behind that same event.

in Ranger

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Amethyst Lure.5624
I only dislike stuff like this if it has a high chance to fail if you put in a lot of time.

Like life itself?

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

in Ranger

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Yeah, I want my video games to be just like real life.

I especially like spending lots of time on hair removal in my video games. Oh, and using the bathroom.

Or maybe not. I don’t mind some realism in video games, but I tend to think the realism should focus on the cool and good aspects…like character animations or sound effects. I’d rather if they avoided adding realism in terms of the pain and frustration associated with real life. I play these games to escape and relax because of those things.

High chance to fail = okay, possibly works.
High chance to fail based on a million things that are completely out of your control = frustrating time sink.

(edited by Fozzik.1742)

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Getting pets behind this map event is a little ridiculous. However, I do not agree with making the map event easier. The map is incredibly fun as it is. Instead, either move the pets to other maps or provide more options for obtaining the pets.

in Ranger

Tigaseye.2047

Getting pets behind this map event is a little ridiculous. However, I do not agree with making the map event easier. The map is incredibly fun as it is. Instead, either move the pets to other maps or provide more options for obtaining the pets.

I agree.

They shouldn’t change the map event.

(Unless the devs and/or the majority of players, who care, decide they want that, obviously.)

The map event itself is not the issue, here.

It is the gating of the pets behind it (and then kicking people out, after a few mins) that is the issue.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Organised guilds – which aren’t that easy to find – doesn’t protect from game crashes at the end of the event.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I disagree with this thread. This reminds me of GW1 where pets were even harder to get. This is something I was hoping Anet would do. Make it feel rewarded to actually tame a pet. Not just go to some ordinary area and press the F key.

Pets in the first game weren’t a class mechanic, they weren’t even exclusive to primary rangers. That’s a key difference when incorporating something like this.

Not that I care all that much at the moment.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

Organised guilds – which aren’t that easy to find – doesn’t protect from game crashes at the end of the event.

Just go to Lions Arch and ask a few times for a guild able and willing to complete the meta-event. And a crashing client is in 9/10 cases a problem with your computer and not a problem with the game. I, for example, crashed just once since the release and that crash was due to my computer doing weird stuff.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

Last night around 2am we beat it, unfortunate for me I dc 5m before the event was won, and even in a group I kept getting network error when trying to join a party member back into that shard…tried for 15m after the event was over.

no reward, achievement, hero challenge, or pet

next time…

JQ Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Just go to Lions Arch and ask a few times for a guild able and willing to complete the meta-event. And a crashing client is in 9/10 cases a problem with your computer and not a problem with the game. I, for example, crashed just once since the release and that crash was due to my computer doing weird stuff.

I had 2 crashes since HoT release, both at the end of dragons stand event …
And i know, many ppl have problems at the end of this event.

in Ranger

Posted by: quercus.9261

quercus.9261

LFG was full of DS exp taxis and not a single DS meta one today. There was a ton of ppl lfg for the meta event though probably all Rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

Just came back from this event and am very disappointed… wasted another two hours to quitters.

@Anet: seriously, you said you listen to our feedback, so here goes – it’s more than obvious that this needs to be changed, ASAP.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Last night around 2am we beat it, unfortunate for me I dc 5m before the event was won, and even in a group I kept getting network error when trying to join a party member back into that shard…tried for 15m after the event was over.

no reward, achievement, hero challenge, or pet

next time…

kitten I think I was one of the party members… At any rate sorry you got dc’d at literally the only time where it really mattered. I know that my heart would’ve sank to the bottom of the earth had I been dc’d at that time…

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

These additional pets are not equivalent to a virtue as a Guardian or a shatter as a Mesmer. What they are equivilant too is a new black dye. It basically accomplishes the same thing but with slight variation.

I don’t really agree with your comparison, making it out to be just a difference in the looks. Thankfully in this game there’s a pretty big difference between the pets.

As for the tiger, it has the hardest hitting F2 attack of any pet out there if we talk about a single attack. It’s a pet made for a remorseless build, boosted with Hilt Bash, Signet of the Wild and Sic’em.
A tiger buffed with the things mentioned above opens up with a +13k hit on heavy golem, and oneshots the Light golem (more than 16k damage).

So no, your argument comparing the new pets to black dye is pretty flawed, imho.

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

in Ranger

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

The meta event is fine – but NOT the pet location locked behind it, being THE only place to find an Juvenile electric wyvern.

No other class is dependent on the entire maps co-operative ability to unlock any of their key features.

Kima & Co

in Ranger

Posted by: Alarih.5279

Alarih.5279

I love how you people suddenly think your “profession’s not finished” unless you get this last pet. These additional pets are not equivalent to a virtue as a Guardian or a shatter as a Mesmer. What they are equivilant too is a new black dye. It basically accomplishes the same thing but with slight variation. It’s not manditory and you are all capable of acquiring it. Some of you could have literally already gotten the pet with all the time being wasted crying for yourselves on the forums. This thread is a disgrace to gaming.

Are you even a ranger ???
Like a new Dew ?? Slight variation??

Equivalents:
Tiger – 10 sec Furry on a CD 10 sec → Herald Glint -Facet of Darkness – [Perma Fury]
(+good DPS, Condi and Vuln)

Pet is a 1/3 of ranger DPS/Skill/Mechanic and to get it Fully you are Depend on GROUP World event? Just think about that.

in Ranger

Tigaseye.2047

I’m seriously questioning your common sense.

Are you, really?

Well what a surprise!

That is exactly the kind of thing people like you seem to say to anyone who disagrees with them and presents facts, rather than just their own selfish opinions (like you do).

How about you answer the question honestly and cut the nonsense?

Oh, that’s right, because you can’t.

Did you even take one step into the new maps?

Yes I did, as you would already know, if you had bothered to read my other comments on this subforum.

Play the game and you will understand that HoT is tailored towards players who value engaging mechanics more than a sightseeing tour with every reward being thrown at them. Do you need a qoute from a dev developing Dark Souls to understand that it’s challenging?

No, I do not.

What on earth has that got to do with Ranger pet gating, in GW2 HoT?

Nothing.

…and now, unless you can return to the subject at hand (which I highly doubt) and the facts about this xpac/game, this discussion is over.

in Ranger

Wuselknusel.4082

So a map-wide event with multiple layers, multiple bosses and multiple stages with a complexity never seen before in this game, littered with deadly enemies is no indicator that the new maps are meant to be slightly harder?

I guess it’s just pointless to argue with you, if you’re not even able to see the obvious. And the pets are where they belong: gated behind challenging content as the reward at the end.

Again, if you don’t like it, suck it up or leave.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

So a map-wide event with multiple layers, multiple bosses and multiple stages with a complexity never seen before in this game, littered with deadly enemies is no indicator that the new maps are meant to be slightly harder?

I guess it’s just pointless to argue with you, if you’re not even able to see the obvious. And the pets are where they belong: gated behind challenging content as the reward at the end.

AGAIN. What is the issue isn’t the fact that its gated behind difficult content. What the issue is its gated behind content that the ranger himself has minimal control over.

A ranger can play perfectly for the entire two hours and still not get his goal because of 100 other people who spent those two hours trash talking eachother instead of working together.

If it was locked behind a champion wyvern that I had to solo. I would ram my face into it and die over and over again until I got it and probably enjoy the experience.

What I and many others hate is joining a map or even ORGANIZING a map spending two hours on this event multiple times a day and even then probably not getting it becuase green preserver group decided to dissapear and no one on the map is listening as the leaders try to get a new group in place.

Make it as challenging as you want. Just don’t force people to rely on the absolutely abysmal RNG that is the playerbase.

Edit: To put it simply. I have given up on getting this pet not because of the difficulty of the encounter. But of the fact that in the end its mostly RNG whether or not im LUCKY enough to get a group that can do more than scream at eachother.

This makes me incredibly sad. Because using both wyverns was my original goal for the expac ever since I saw them during the druid reveal.

Ghost Yak

(edited by Shadelang.3012)

in Ranger

Wuselknusel.4082

AGAIN. What is the issue isn’t the fact that its gated behind difficult content. What the issue is its gated behind content that the ranger himself has minimal control over.

A ranger can play perfectly for the entire two hours and still not get his goal because of 100 other people who spent those two hours trash talking eachother instead of working together.

If it was locked behind a champion wyvern that I had to solo. I would ram my face into it and die over and over again until I got it and probably enjoy the experience.

What I and many others hate is joining a map or even ORGANIZING a map spending two hours on this event multiple times a day and even then probably not getting it becuase green preserver group decided to dissapear and no one on the map is listening as the leaders try to get a new group in place.

Make it as challenging as you want. Just don’t force people to rely on the absolutely abysmal RNG that is the playerbase.

Edit: To put it simply. I have given up on getting this pet not because of the difficulty of the encounter. But of the fact that in the end its mostly RNG whether or not im LUCKY enough to get a group that can do more than scream at eachother.

This makes me incredibly sad. Because using both wyverns was my original goal for the expac ever since I saw them during the druid reveal.

So, learn what to do and tag up. Command the zerg and suddenly you will have more control over how the event plays out than anyone else on the map.

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

You can be the best kitten gamer there ever was, a God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals, if the players around you are not good enough, you will never get these pets, since it’s simply impossible on your own, afaik.

(Also, HoTs not that difficult. It’s more or less variations of The Silverwastes)

in Ranger

Wuselknusel.4082

You can be the best kitten gamer there ever was, a God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals, if the players around you are not good enough, you will never get these pets, since it’s simply impossible on your own, afaik.

(Also, HoTs not that difficult. It’s more or less variations of The Silverwastes)

GET A KITTEN GUILD!

[WUMS] on EU, a german speaking guild is doing the Triple Trouble Wurm regularely and they already said that they want to branch out into the new maps aswell.
[Weed] on EU, an english speaking guild is already organizing runs, they have just cleared Auric Basin 5 times in a row successfully.

(edited by Wuselknusel.4082)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Seems like the ranger abuse never ends.
Ranger is the only class who’re forced to do this just to get their new thing.

Edit: To Sticker: The point is NONE of the other classes need to do this. This event is not determined by your own effort, but by the effort of 200~300 other players.

What if I say all the new skills of specialization bound to this event. You got them after you complete the Meta Event successfully on Dragon Stand. What would you think?
Hypocrisy against ranger never ends.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Self pity never ends..

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

Its not even that bad, the events pretty fun and gives loads of mastery XP. Instead of complaining about it here, why don’t you actually go do it? Trying to force the devs to do YET ANOTHER thing for us, especially as trivial as this, when they’re already snowed in by everything else is poor form in my opinion.

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Self pity never ends..

take it easy some of use Work two jobs and Study through out the week , the only thing i ask for is that they make it so we can get up to the canopy without having to do the meta event , atleast that way we will still need quite a few Masteries to reach the canopy which also means putting in more than just 2hours play.

most of the time i don’t have the time to wait around for the meta event to start let alone be online when it starts because i have no control of when i can get online (right now im Studying taking a break every 30mins or so , since the part im on is Writing up a Draft copy of my notes which is honestly boring with my spelling , its just like doctors Handwriting horrific.)

basicly we need a different option that is just as gated as doing the meta event but its not as retrictive to only the meta event.

right now you try going to the upper Canopy and that = death i know i tried it 3 times finding a way up during my free time .

locking off the upper canopy is a silly idea.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Self pity never ends..

take it easy some of use Work two jobs and Study through out the week , the only thing i ask for is that they make it so we can get up to the canopy without having to do the meta event , atleast that way we will still need quite a few Masteries to reach the canopy which also means putting in more than just 2hours play.

most of the time i don’t have the time to wait around for the meta event to start let alone be online when it starts because i have no control of when i can get online (right now im Studying taking a break every 30mins or so , since the part im on is Writing up a Draft copy of my notes which is honestly boring with my spelling , its just like doctors Handwriting horrific.)

basicly we need a different option that is just as gated as doing the meta event but its not as retrictive to only the meta event.

right now you try going to the upper Canopy and that = death i know i tried it 3 times finding a way up during my free time .

I do work too, but here is the thing, no one is asking you to do it in a hurry, you can try in your days off, right?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Vaelkyr.4786

Vaelkyr.4786

If it was one pet, I could live with it. It still wouldn’t be fun, but I could live with it. The fact that it’s two pets kittens me off a bit more. I have other things to do. I’m also not on EU, before that argument comes up. I don’t know if any NA guilds have started organizing Dragon’s Stand yet. I’ve looked, but so far have had no luck.

It would be nice if I didn’t have to waste two hours of my time, each time, for a chance at getting a pet before getting kicked out of the map. I want to play the game. I ask for nothing more. I just wish there was another way of getting the pets, which can be just as difficult and long as the current way, but that’s on my own terms instead.

in Ranger

Wuselknusel.4082

Because junior employees don’t get to say how the game is made. Basic common sense should be enought to understand that.

in Ranger

Tigaseye.2047

Because junior employees don’t get to say how the game is made. Basic common sense should be enought to understand that.

Really?

You know for a fact that every decision about where a pet is placed is made (or overseen) by a senior employee?

If so, how do you know that?

Do you have inside information?

BTW, FYI, “common sense” doesn’t mean what you seem to think it means.

in Ranger

Wuselknusel.4082

I’m really tired of “arguing” with you. You defy everyting that is not your opinion. You aren’t even able to accept that no bigger company ever would let junior employees decide important details. And yes, the placement of the pets of the Ranger are important. Just let me tell you this: You are wrong. And if you would put the effort you are currently wasting here into getting the pets, you would probably already have one.

in Ranger

Tigaseye.2047

I’m really tired of “arguing” with you. You defy everyting that is not your opinion. You aren’t even able to accept that no bigger company ever would let junior employees decide important details. And yes, the placement of the pets of the Ranger are important. Just let me tell you this: You are wrong. And if you would put the effort you are currently wasting here into getting the pets, you would probably already have one.

That makes two of us.

Nothing any of you guys have said here has made any real sense, or been backed up with logic, or evidence.

You don’t bother (or are unable) to answer any of our questions, or concerns, relevantly and/or appropriately.

All you are, basically (or sometimes, literally), saying is “Suck it up, or leave.”.

So, if you no longer want to bother repeating yourselves, for the umpteenth time, that is very good news for everyone involved.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Self pity never ends..

I do work too, but here is the thing, no one is asking you to do it in a hurry, you can try in your days off, right?

if i only had work to contend with then yes i would but i don’t have the time to sit around waiting for the event to start nor Know when its going to start , i can try as many times as i like for it , it’ll take just as long without the meta event.

so to obtain the pet its need a Different way of getting it that also takes a certain amount of time in a window of where i can Log on do that for a hour or two / more gradually building it up than doing a 2-6hour gaming session.

in Ranger

Wuselknusel.4082

That makes two of us.

Nothing any of you guys have said here has made any real sense, or has been backed up with logic, or evidence.

You don’t bother (or are unable) to answer any of our questions, or concerns, relevantly and/or appropriately.

All you are, basically (or sometimes, literally), saying is “Suck it up, or leave.”.

So, if you no longer want to bother repeating yourselves, for the umpteenth time, that is very good news for everyone involved.

You come here and expect us to “prove” our opinion, while you are doing not more than defending your own opinion? Why is it so bad that you don’t get the pet immediately? Why can’t you wait two weeks until even the last idiot has figured out how to complete the event? Go play Minecraft if you want everything immediately, don’t annoy me with your attempts of “casualising” even the last bit of content left that poses some challenge.
I have told you now four times how you can get your pet tomorrow: FIND A GUILD!
But everything you do is continue to cry and flame the devs. There are countless of people who will have the pets sooner than you, just because you are wasting your time here.

(edited by Wuselknusel.4082)

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

You come here and expect us to “prove” our opinion, while you are doing not more than defending your own opinion? Why is it so bad that you don’t get the pet immediately? Why can’t you wait two weeks until even the last idiot has figured out how to complete the event? Go play Minecraft if you want everything immediately, don’t annoy me with your attempts of “casualising” even the last bit of content left that poses some challenge.

Is there anything that you would lose by having the pet be made available to more people? Honestly, this is starting to sound like a lot of elitist showboating, and it’s getting tiring. I am not hurt if people have easier access to a pet that I chose to grind an event for. I don’t care that they don’t have to put in the same time and effort that I did. I’m happy that they’re happy. This is a video game, not a job. I want people to have fun while they’re playing, not playing to have fun later.

in Ranger

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

Have any of you people ever played Guild Wars 1? Did you know that our Black Widow was in Underworld and took a long time to get due to all the quest and keeping the reapers alive. How about that Phoenix that was not possible to get until you killed Shiro Tagachi? How about that Rainbow Phoenix that required you get to get so many titles, HoM, etc? How about them special Wintersday Pets that you had to complete quest line in order to unlock and tame? earn this pet and stop acting like you should have everything handed to you on a silver platter. i think it is more of a rewarding feeling when you can complete something and get the pet as part of the reward.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

I have told you now four times how you can get your pet tomorrow: FIND A GUILD!
But everything you do is continue to cry and flame the devs. There are countless of people who will have the pets sooner than you, just because you are wasting your time here.

Funny. Why don’t you say that about… well just about any other classes out there? Gate a trait or profession skill behind this 2/3 hour event and see if they like it. While the difference is, that we don’t require these new pets – their active and passive skills create and allow more diverse play(even if it’s little) for Rangers. Just like traits and profession skills.
Go ahead and do that in their forums. No? Then stop belittling other’s opinions and go ride your high horse away from here. Why don’t you quit your whining about others whining and to quote you, ‘just because you are wasting your time here’.

There are whines and self-entitlement, and then there are real solid legitimate opinions and arguments towards a hard gating system. Then there’s also you who think their opinion is king of all. Learn to differentiate between them. It would undoubtedly do you good in real life

in Ranger

Wuselknusel.4082

I’d lose one reward from what I would get when beating the event. And ANet would have to put work into relocating the pets, so they would be better off with just leaving them as they are, because it wont be such a big deal to get them as some people in this thread want to make it to be. Noone ever complained about other pets, such as the wolf, which can only be found in the eternal battlegrounds map. But now that you can’t just walk up to the pet it is a problem? If people think that it is “unacceptable” that Anet “locks off” a part of the Ranger’s profession mechanic, they would have to demand that the Ranger has to get all pets from the getgo. Otherwise Ranger would be “hindered” because they have to collect their profession mechanic one by one. But noone does that because noone cares. Only now people care, because they are unwilling to put in the effort of getting the pet. That is the only double standard around here.

in Ranger

Tigaseye.2047

That makes two of us.

Nothing any of you guys have said here has made any real sense, or has been backed up with logic, or evidence.

Yes, I do expect you guys to explain, provide evidence for, or revise any comments you present as facts, when I know these “facts” to be erroneous and/or purely based on personal opinion.

If you guys had said “IMO, this game is no longer a casual MMO and therefore, I think it’s OK if people have to work a lot more for things.” that would be presented as opinion, so that would be OK.

I would still disagree that Rangers should be singled out for special treatment, like this and I would still disagree that the game was intended to be far less casual, in general, without quotes from devs saying that.

But it would just be your opinion, so I would have to accept that.

But you guys are not saying “IMO”; you are all making definitive statements.

In addition, when your comments are that either our profession mechanics are not affected by this heavy gating (when they are), or that it doesn’t matter that they are gated (which it does), you are incorrect, pure and simple.

…and that matters, especially as no other class’s mechanics are gated in this way.

If you guys had made sure to get your facts right, had presented unproven things as just your own opinions and had remained polite throughout, this could have been a very different thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: Scrimschaw.5784

Scrimschaw.5784

Have any of you people ever played Guild Wars 1? Did you know that our Black Widow was in Underworld and took a long time to get due to all the quest and keeping the reapers alive. How about that Phoenix that was not possible to get until you killed Shiro Tagachi? How about that Rainbow Phoenix that required you get to get so many titles, HoM, etc? How about them special Wintersday Pets that you had to complete quest line in order to unlock and tame? earn this pet and stop acting like you should have everything handed to you on a silver platter. i think it is more of a rewarding feeling when you can complete something and get the pet as part of the reward.

I played Guild Wars 1. None of the pets required relying on other players to unlock, which is the primary complaint that people have in this case. There is no point withholding pets from people who don’t enjoy participating in PvE meta events—this is absolutely silly in my opinion, and I play PvE and enjoy the Dragon’s Stand events. I am not hurt in any way if people can obtain the Electric Wyvern and Tiger pets that I chose to grind for.

And I can’t believe you forgot to mention the best GW1 pet, the black moa .

in Ranger

Tigaseye.2047

This has already been discussed.

From what was said, none of those pets had unique abilities.

Therefore, they were “just” skins, so a completely different situation.

Oh and unless you intend to start demanding all classes have two of their new mechanics gated behind this event, please lay off the whole “silver platter” nonsense.

It’s very patronising and not even vaguely relevant, in this case.

Thank you.