Uninstalling this unballanced POS build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Faithless.5810

Faithless.5810

Thanks for completely destroying ranger as a class. Only class I wanted to play in the game, and now due to the severe imbalance in spvp from thief Mesmer and Necro sporting a new condition that my supposed condition removal is supposed to address, gets activated and 60% of the time it does nothing but go on cooldown.

I’ve spent over 400$ on this game since launch( In store, extra copies of the game for friends, buying gems to convert into currency, etc). Arenanet will never see anymore money from me.

There are aspects of ranger class that are JUST as broken as they were last year when the game launched. It is severely disheartening to see a company that CLAIMS even balance and supposedly cares about their balance and classes in pvp/wvw/pve and then releases a build like this that completely destroys a class, You nefred BM( pet damage) which is nerfed across all builds, and yet you didn’t buff our direct damage? Like you said you were going to ?

The fact that there is a STICKY in this forum for broken ranger abilities etc by one fan, illustrating and proving it for 9 months and yet issues on the list are STILL broken ?
I heard from a friend that gw1 ranger is still broken. I wonder if this will be the case for this game….

I worked toward pvp rank as an avid pvper when I could; That being said, Look up Faithless Ryuuken on the pvp rank listing. I’m no scrub, and I am no noob. I’ve tested 7 weapon sets, and probably over 10 builds since the patch. When I can’t 1v1 the classes that got buffed in conjunction with the supposed ranger (broken)balance update… The state of my game is in jeopardy.

Which in turn says the state of YOUR game is in jeopardy. Ask yourself what you want from your players, if its longevity with this game, Fix the balance issues. Stop buffing OP classes, and rebalance the giant steaming pile of kitten you just took on my rangers’ chest. Please and thanks.

PS. I’m not playing your broken unbalanced game until you do something about it. I’ve seen tons of my friends who said the same thing. Balancing in Games, especially online ones, is very crucial. Even more so when the company is CLAIMING to have balanced it…. when clearly, either no internal testing was done, or you just don’t actually care that when the next game comes out, like Wildstar, Arch Age, or even FFXIV ARR, you’re going to loose people to this garbage you call even balance, when clearly it is not even balance. I’m not going to play your flavor of the month bs.

What’s worse, is one of my friends and circles said they play favorites in terms of the classes, this was month 3 of the game launch… and NOW I believe them… Necro and Mesmer were already Strong PVP classes….
Stealth is a completely broken game mechanic, and subsequently THF is kittened op in the hands of a decent pvper. To prove this, I took THF without a stealth build, naked, with very minimal traits etc for pvp with pistols, and I topped the charts with it.
I then took another look with dual daggers, and short bow, incorporating stealth, the first build I tried I fully traited, and went in naked otherwise, and I scored over 100 points more than the top person on each team. There was no person below rank 18 in this match. All tests were done in Spvp Hot joins. No team stacking, just solo play, as it is with the occasional zerg that is unavoidable in spvp.

This is not balanced at all.

I hope the Devs take the time to read this and a patch follows soon, because as previously stated I for one will not play this game as is. I’m 100% sure I have more than 1/4 of the serious ranger community behind me. ( this does not include the 30 rangers on my friend list or the guildies that have all stopped playing the game all together or are boycotting ranger.

pps. I didn’t even go into detail of all the problems I have experienced on this class since launch. The list is over 3 pages long.

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I think faithless lost his faith in the game.

In all seriousness, the new FFARR is shaping up to be a pretty good alternative.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Mauling.9426

Mauling.9426

Get out of here with your logic and reason….very well written post, I whole heartedly agree.

in Ranger

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

anet has many other customers who enjoy their product. like every MMO out there, nerfs happen and you got to adapt to changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: gawker.8340

gawker.8340

Everything about the Ranger class is unacceptable to me too. Too many useless traits, and a constant undermining of certain play styles by Anet gets me aggravated. Rangers died on June 25th 2013.

in Ranger

Posted by: gawker.8340

gawker.8340

anet has many other customers who enjoy their product. like every MMO out there, nerfs happen and you got to adapt to changes.

How come Necros don’t have to adapt to survive? They just cried really hard to get what they want. The Necro buff set a precedent for the GW2 community. If you think your main class is weak, just QQ about it so Anet will bring you up.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Well, if by adapt you mean stop doing PvE, sure. I waste too much time on that cheesy stuff anyways. Whenever you see me play I’ll be in spvp or wvw. If you see me on…startig a project then grad school so time is running short. At least I got in some fun before they nuked the profession completely in pve. Later on fellas

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Rangers died on June 25th 2013.

I hear this sentence every update…

Considering how many ppl said they are leaving ranger/game since I’m watching it, I expect to be the last ranger soon Would be fun.

in Ranger

Posted by: Faithless.5810

Faithless.5810

Already addressed this in the original post, I’m not rolling flavor of the month, and refuse to play a clearly underpowered class because Anet caters to crying babies who can’t pvp. Ranger was previously AT best in the mid to high end of mid tier for spvp. I didn’t even run the " best" spec, because I thoroughly enjoy testing new builds.

That being said, again….

How many of those other customers are you talking about?
Lets break down the numbers, since Anet doesn’t share them with us; 3 million copies sold, with the average retention span of mmo’s and gamers recently Anet will be lucky if they have 1 million people logging in every day and still playing like this was launch.
This is a biasd example look at d3, 6 million copies ant what 0.002% of that population still plays, and mostly due to the currency/rmt rings they run?
This is a prime set of examples, Tera, Rift, SWTOR, all lasted less than 4 months retaining minimum 1.2 million subs( swtor, which they lost at the end of month 4.) Tera, Rift, had far less than swtor at the start of month 4. Now, the high end numbers still belong to swtor around less than 250k…
Statistically speaking, these numbers are within a 7% margin of error, based off the data I have found via google.

There is no feasible way Anet has more than 800k people still logging in like it was day 1. I know only 3 people left in my own guild that still play. A lot of players just don’t get what they get in other mmo’s from this game.

I get pvp enjoyment, which has subsequent of June 25ths patch has been removed and or trampled all over. You can ask anyone of the people I play with, I still pvp, I adapt to the changes, but I refuse to play something I don’t want to, and with the current conditions Arenanet has put on the class it is unplayable to anyone with a brain.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I do kind of feel like Anet sold us a Lie here …. :\

“The Deal” they promised to this class, was supposed to be that the ranger alone, was pretty weak. But fighting with the pet to well above average competency, should have atleast elevated it over MM necros & Warriors just chaining Autos. …if not, THE BEST dps in the game. We knew we weren’t going to have the best Spikes. We accepted that. We just wanted respectable overall DPS. …which has been trimmed away in clumps every single patch it seems. Often through stealth nerfs even.

This is uncharacteristically underhanded of Anet.
And that should worry everyone who plays the game, not just Ranger die hards.

in Ranger

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

The real issue is a large % of our damage is AI controlled.

And ANet will never get rid of the pet.

Ever.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Rangers died on June 25th 2013.

I hear this sentence every update…

Considering how many ppl said they are leaving ranger/game since I’m watching it, I expect to be the last ranger soon Would be fun.

Then you can be called The Lone Ranger xD, I was hoping I’d be the last one, but I’ve already fell in love with my staff ele… More because of staff ele being more of my thing than ranger being bad btw, ranger is still my OP tPvP prof

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: GiggleFairy.3807

GiggleFairy.3807

when i say adapt. i mean discover a new build for pvp,wvw, and or pve. atm im just running around with lb/sb zerker build. thing about necromancers is they are the condition kings/queens but can be crippled with condition removal. rangers do need a lot of buffs that is no lie but. as in every MMO i have played nerfs happen and you have to adapt or wait for some buffs. if your really quitting why are you still posting? a lot of people support this game also.

in Ranger

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

While we appreciate that you took time to give us that feedback, this thread is not inviting to a constructive and healthy debate.

We fully understand that you may dislike some changes made to the game, that’s what forums are for, but please try to give us your feedback with a a thoughtful mind, so we can get the best out of that feedback.

This thread is now closed. Thank you for your understanding.