Unique Mechanic?

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

I just want everyone to stop and think for a second. Do rangers really have an unique mechanic?

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: AlphaK.9486

AlphaK.9486

Our unique mechanic is having a unique mechanic that can die. (For 20+ seconds)

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

The pet is out unique mechanic. ButI’m sure you already knew that, and were just waiting for someone to post this, so you can make a condescending reply, and turn this into yet another useless Ranger complain topic.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I don’t even…ya there’s a lot. Traps, spirits, pet, and tons of traits that are unique

People must just really love to hate the ranger profession

Take peircing arrows with a longbow and hit teq’s feet twice by raking arrows over it. There you are unique. Run spotter in your dungeon party. You just boosted everyone’s precision so much they don’t need a sigil of perception anymore and instead could use bloodlust which has a two pronged effect of massive dps boost. Use a traited frost spirit instant +7% dps. Resurrect the awful warriors that constantly die in a dungeon with your spirit elite or healer’s celerity. In cof use traited signets with SOTW, RaO, SOTH, sword, and QZ with call of the wild for fastest possible gate kill.

What else do you want that’s unique? I get complaints about ranger but the more I listen to them the more I question why I try to help a community that only wants to feel sorry for itself. :/

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: AlphaK.9486

AlphaK.9486

Not complaining, just a joke I thought was funny. No need to be on edge, I’m usually suggesting ranger fixes.

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Not complaining, just a joke I thought was funny. No need to be on edge, I’m usually suggesting ranger fixes.

I was talking to OP

Edit: and you were talking to kasama I realize lol my bad guys

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Just to nitpick, if you’re talking about something that is entirely unique for the ranger class, then it would be spirits. Spirits are the only skills that function the way they do in the entire game, and the only similar mechanism they have with anything else in the game is having to be summoned.

Other than that, there isn’t a single other class in the game that can reproduce what the spirits can do for the class.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

[Reveal]

/15charac

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

I would also say that our pets are unique. Yes there are other pets/minions among the classes, but only the ranger has any real modicum of control over their mechanic.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Just to nitpick, if you’re talking about something that is entirely unique for the ranger class, then it would be spirits. Spirits are the only skills that function the way they do in the entire game, and the only similar mechanism they have with anything else in the game is having to be summoned.

Other than that, there isn’t a single other class in the game that can reproduce what the spirits can do for the class.

The difference between Ranger spirits and Guardian’s spirit weapons ain’t all that large…

And both of them are tragic compared to Warrior banners .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The difference between Ranger spirits and Guardian’s spirit weapons ain’t all that large…

And both of them are tragic compared to Warrior banners .

I’d argue that Guardian summons and Necro minions are the ones that are similar in that regard.

Ranger spirits are like a combination of a small aspect of every other summon in the game. They are summons that don’t attack. They are stationary unless traited. They are destroyable, and they give an AoE proc chance to allies, working almost like RNG AoE signets. On top of their actives of course.

Note that I’m not saying there aren’t similarities lol, there definitely are. But I’m also trying to express that in terms of summons, ranger summons are probably the second most beneficial in the game, the first being warrior banners because of their unkillable property and not needing to take traits to be able to move them.

I’ll probably get crucified for this, but as far as summons go in this game, rangers have some of the best ones.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Elementalist: Ability to change Attunements.
Engineer: Wide array of kits and additional abilities dependent on equipped slots skills.
Necromancer: Death Shroud and Spectral Walk
Guardian: Virtues.
Thief: Steal/Initiative and most access to stealth.
Warrior: Adrenaline/Burst
Mesmer: Clones and Shatter abilities.
Ranger: Pets…

This is what makes the classes Unique.

But the funny thing is, every class can have a pet…..via racial skills but at the same time, they won’t suffer a damage loss for having a companion..go figure. They are on par with the rangers pets, especially if the rangers pet dies and is on a 1 min cooldown which is close to most racial elites….

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

(edited by ItIsFinished.9462)

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Seisyll.5914

Seisyll.5914

ItIsFinished.9462 that’s exactly the thing I wanted everyone to realise. Yes we have pets, but so do other classes. And yeah maybe we have a way to control our pets (which requires hard micromanagement), but if you look only at this skill which can be activated by player… it works for other classes without any problem.

Chopps, piercing arrows aren’t only available on rangers, there is also Crack Shot on warriors and Coated Bullets on Engineers (only for pistols, cause rifle has already piercing bullets)
Spotter? Have you seen Empower Allies or Strength in Numbers? It isn’t so unique.
Bringin back downed players? Battle Standard, Illusion of Life, Signet of Undeath, Signet of Mercy, Glyph of Renewal

The only unique thing in ranger class are our spirits, and they are also not so awesome.

I am not saying rangers are bad or sth (maybe not loved, but still playable). But there is something wrong with the definition of “unique mechanic” in ANet dictionary.

80 Ranger | 80 Thief | 80 Ele | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior | 80 Engineer | 80 Necromancer
Piken Square

(edited by Seisyll.5914)

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Class unique skills are F1-F4 thingies. No other class can control pets, other than give them single command. Saying our pets aren’t unique is like saying eles attus aren’t, coz all classes can change weapons (or if you want to play with number of skills, take engis kits). Or maybe warriors adre is sth different than just another way to hit enemy with weapon, but addionaly restricted?
One can easily find hole in anything if one wants…

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

The sad part is I can’t control my eles pets, or my mesmers phantasms or move my engis turrets yet they all live longer and hit harder than my rangers pet all while I don’t get bonned with a “pet tax”

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Those are peircing bullets lol; I love you guys

Unique Mechanic?

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Those are peircing bullets lol; I love you guys

Well thieves don’t have piercing arrows because they either use a ground target or some fancy kitten bouncing arrows lol.

And then i’m almost positive warriors can have piercing arrows…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna