[Up to Date builds] New Season

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

I’ve reversed my stance on GoTs. Although I still find it invaluable, I’ve replaced it with S&R because of the totally obnoxious prevalence of reapers. They make rezzing with GoT impossible because of the condi cleave, and the skill doubles as a personal condi clear if you have to 1v1 them.

This is what I’m using in Ruby.

I don’t think I’ll be changing much of anything until legend/diamond, as it seems to work fine against any level of opponent. The mobility of GS is missed, but I usually set up camp halfway between home and mid, and the range I have (plus S&R) means I can work both points even with mild mobility.

I’m not fully decided on SoR/NS vs GoE/VE, there are just so many kittening reapers out there and SoR/NS both are excellent reaper defense. I suspect once I hit diamond there will be less reapers, because it’s not that great of a class, and then I may be able to go back to GoE.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Just for the record, if you want to have some fun, you can “recapture” the old Crusader builds features with the Cavalier Amulet.

It’s definitely not optimal, but when the other team doesn’t have condi, it works really well, not to mention 6k+ Mauls on tanky players (you would 1 shot a thief, I’ve done it a few times), and that’s just the Maul without factoring in a full Bristleback combo.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I’ve reversed my stance on GoTs. Although I still find it invaluable, I’ve replaced it with S&R because of the totally obnoxious prevalence of reapers. They make rezzing with GoT impossible because of the condi cleave, and the skill doubles as a personal condi clear if you have to 1v1 them.

This is what I’m using in Ruby.

I don’t think I’ll be changing much of anything until legend/diamond, as it seems to work fine against any level of opponent. The mobility of GS is missed, but I usually set up camp halfway between home and mid, and the range I have (plus S&R) means I can work both points even with mild mobility.

I’m not fully decided on SoR/NS vs GoE/VE, there are just so many kittening reapers out there and SoR/NS both are excellent reaper defense. I suspect once I hit diamond there will be less reapers, because it’s not that great of a class, and then I may be able to go back to GoE.

Yeah I was wondering why NS over celestial shadow when you got huge swiftness.
Another why is the sharpened edges over primal reflexes.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I just don’t often want to dodge when I can’t between the quickdraw of staff or LB 3 if things get desperate. Basically I wasn’t sure what else to take there and cover bleeds seemed like a good idea. I’m not 100% sure they’re doing anything, but what the heck.

NS just because of this garbage (edit, I also don’t want to decap my own points with CS):

Attachments:

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I just don’t often want to dodge when I can’t between the quickdraw of staff or LB 3 if things get desperate. Basically I wasn’t sure what else to take there and cover bleeds seemed like a good idea. I’m not 100% sure they’re doing anything, but what the heck.

NS just because of this garbage (edit, I also don’t want to decap my own points with CS):

If you see that, swap the LB to GS, and if you feel you need to, even swap your most interchangeable traitline to WS for Empathic Bond, and then out rotate them all match.

At least, that’s my advice haha. Reaper heavy teams sacrifice so much mobility that you can usually maintain a 2 cap by just rotating, and if you manage to win a teamfight, the game snowballs so heavily in your favor that it becomes your team’s game to lose. That’s my experience so far anyhow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I wanted to bump but I needed at least 15 letters.
So bump.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Hey tragic , give this a test or if you’ve already tested/added this build set up to the list.

now in diamond T3 using this build since Emerald T1 last week.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqA9Ci1CCmsCctgl/ADOt+WvrLvuMQA4JN8DOalsiwA-TZBFABA8IAaf/BCuAAIcEAmqMAA

let me know what you think , Druid Cultivating synergy is optional i then to swap to Druid Clairity depending on the opposing classes if i expect lots of condi or CC’s

General role De-cap and support/team fighter.

pets tiger = remorsless
wolf = optional

i’ve had plenty of success with this but it does clearly have a weakness vs Condi mesmers though it does have enough defences to Beat a condi mesmer or force it to retreat.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Started using this in diamond:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBMhZ6kRFoeFsiFwiVgrFswIYMFgvVAAOqWV3qOjuS3prAvTA-TJxFwAQLDk4UAA4JAsa/BA

Heals/regen/condi removal/CHILL/blind spambot. I don’t know how to use it very much yet as I just run with mid and blob down the aoe stuff. Has won me my first 4 diamond pips now so I will see how it continues. To improve the blind spam I may dump my fernhound for smokescale. I don’t think its really doing me much when I have traited horn and healing spring for mass regen that actually does something.

I love blasting that ice field ;-)

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@Zenos Osgorma.2936
Well. Yes, that’s a slight alternation of the Cleric Remorseless build that is listed. But your variation has much less condi cleanse. Much less.

@Justine
Your build looks pretty nice. I always liked the idea of Ice Trap but never found any real use for it except for kiting purposes of LB builds. But your build looks really nice. I’ll most probably add it to the casual PvP list.
(I don’t really feel like testing it in ranked – I’m already on 22 win streak with Shoutbow but now I’m on a break from GW2 for a few days)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

wouldn’t it need more cover up conditions so chill doesn’t get cleansed too quickly, despite the many times chill gets applied?

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

wouldn’t it need more cover up conditions so chill doesn’t get cleansed too quickly, despite the many times chill gets applied?

This I initially thought about myself.
But with the former Stealth Ice-Trap build I used I realized that with 1 (untraited) trap I forced 3 cleanse CDs out of ele. Which I called a success.

If you bomb 5 people with 30 second chill that keeps reapplying in 3 second interval – you can call it a good CD baiter. Naturally – I would never dare call it competitive – which is why I put it only into the casual bracket.
If anything is to be competitive – it just has to include Druidic Clarity, additional cleanse, CC, mobility, and it has to be dominant at some role. Well, the chill build is outshined in almost everything but is not entirely useless and might be fun to play.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

To improve the blind spam I may dump my fernhound for smokescale.

You’d need someone on your team with projectiles, smoke cloud doesn’t actually blind on it’s own (I think the PvE enemy does blind? Been a few months since I’ve been to HoT.)

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

To improve the blind spam I may dump my fernhound for smokescale.

You’d need someone on your team with projectiles, smoke cloud doesn’t actually blind on it’s own (I think the PvE enemy does blind? Been a few months since I’ve been to HoT.)

Nope, the PvE enemy doesn’t blind either. It has to be a projectile.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I assume my allies have some projectiles and whirls, I’m not really sure if ele fire tornado does it, pretty sure reapers whirling shoud skill does right?

for the chills its far more then just frost trap.

Rune proc
2 sigil proc
frost trap
blasting frost trap = aoe frost aura
leaping frost trap = frost aura
projectile through frost trap
whirl in frost trap
alpine wolf I got

its not really the cornerstone of build, its just one of the soft cc in it.

Loving celestial form 2. I just spam that on top of node and its glory. But I have to admit diamond is pretty nasty right now. Got to t3 and then kept YOYOing pips. I suspect I’m not the only one who doesn’t quite belong in diamond lols. Saw a guy go 1v4 into a node and die in 2sec. UU Tea Efe.

(edited by Justine.6351)

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

This I initially thought about myself.
But with the former Stealth Ice-Trap build I used I realized that with 1 (untraited) trap I forced 3 cleanse CDs out of ele. Which I called a success.

If you bomb 5 people with 30 second chill that keeps reapplying in 3 second interval – you can call it a good CD baiter. Naturally – I would never dare call it competitive – which is why I put it only into the casual bracket.
If anything is to be competitive – it just has to include Druidic Clarity, additional cleanse, CC, mobility, and it has to be dominant at some role. Well, the chill build is outshined in almost everything but is not entirely useless and might be fun to play.

Hm yes, sounds interesting.

And definitely think it’s a fun build to play, perma-chilling your enemies constantly, must be very annoying for the enemy team.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Just one question: How do you get the ascended ZEALOT trinkets? because i don’t see those stats in the laurel vendor neither i can find history mode to get them same as the Sinister.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

Just one question: How do you get the ascended ZEALOT trinkets? because i don’t see those stats in the laurel vendor neither i can find history mode to get them same as the Sinister.

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe you can only get them through the raid.

Personally for my Zealots setup, I use Ascended Celestial for trinkets/back, and armor/weapons are Zealots.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Somebody correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe you can only get them through the raid.

Personally for my Zealots setup, I use Ascended Celestial for trinkets/back, and armor/weapons are Zealots.

Ya raid. Not even the old magic find ones have zealot for Stat selector, nor the vial of salt.

On rampager longbow I swapped out a few trinkets for celestial myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

Dude the top builds for druid in PvP aren’t even listed :/

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Dude the top builds for druid in PvP aren’t even listed :/

Depends on how you define “top builds”.
I’m not really a fan of meta-battle. Most other builds are plain outclassed by other professions and the only thing a Ranger excels at is recuperative skirmishing (1v1).
If 2 builds had a same role but one of them was better, I left the weaker one out.

If you drop me the build here, I’ll most probably test it and possibly stick it up there.

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

This is what I run and I’ve had immense success with it, and it’s actually what I run in solo wvw roam, except I use Durability runes, and a mix of cavalier/knight/soldiers. I currently swap between altruism/water/monk runes, just messing around. I have great sustain, very tanky, and can still burst with LB+BB. I think it’s pretty similar to what Frosty runs actually.

I feel I get great condi removal between the glyphs, CA, EB etc. as well as some tools to really apply pressure when I’m focusing on someone, nothing like being able to daze/kd someone that need a clutch heal and just can’t get it before they get downed, and the added blind from the glyphs really helps with people that are applying heavy melee pressure or when I can counter blind a d/p thief, but thiefs generally aren’t an issue. I can 1v1 really easily, even against revs/necros and can stand on my feet even vs 2-3.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJAWTnUqAVsilsC2CCctgFMB75GsqqYw10eaRtZZNACAlMtzA-TpBFABJt/AAHCACuAACcEA+vMQDPAAA

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Posted by: Oak da Vite.9054

Oak da Vite.9054

Remorseles Burst build:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJARWjUqQFL2wC+rAXLW+DslX3CIA8kG+BHN4zac9uei098D-TpBFABxs/w6HCgDOCAUVGAgLAgAPAAA

Either on Valkyrie or Cavalier (mostly Valkyrie, because of Condi-Meta).
Works good in combination with a herald in teamfights to burst down targets.

Has 3 massive condi removes against nekro bombs – Signet of Renewal, Avatar and elite with Lyssa Rune.

River Drake for the cleave on enemy downstates. Pets with some survivability needed for condition remove.

Lots of stability and mobility.

Da Vite – Miller’s Sound
Last Phoenix [Nix]