Up to date Ranger WvW

Up to date Ranger WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Myrmix.5460

Myrmix.5460

Hi.
I am playing ranger since the beta and changed my builds like pants (got about 7 exotic armor-sets in my bank only for my ranger).
I’m sick of being a bait in WvW just because i want to play a powerranger.
I have good movement (at least as much a ranger can have), but all other classes have more durability/better healingskills/more movement/stronger bursts.
I can choose between avoid most hits, but dealing nearly no damage or a little bit damage and drop hp instant over the half.

Is there any possibility to play a good power/crit-based ranger in WvW AND be an strong opponent against other classes (should not depend on pets, because they are just incredible slow in reactiontime)?

Up to date Ranger WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Gorwald.6170

Gorwald.6170

Ecept you stay in a tower at 1500 distance with an immobile other player, no there is really no way to play a power ranger in WvWvW.

I’m like you, i’ve around 7 exotics sets with every combo possible, but i want to play my ranger as a big delaer from distance and there is no way to do that without being destroyed nearly by any other class faster than you breath

Karpal – Augury rock (French server)
Ranger 80 – Warrior 80 – Mesmer 80 – Necromancer 80 – Guardian 80

Up to date Ranger WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Adrenaline.2854

Adrenaline.2854

There really isn’t any way to play a power build Ranger and not be bait in WvW. In zergs power build Rangers are really good, especially now with the buff. Roaming wise, you won’t be much help. I play a Ranger a lot in WvW, no matter what build I go, power build Rangers will always be bait.

When I roam, I run a Regen/Condi build and whenever I see a power build Ranger it’s the first person I target.

Up to date Ranger WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: psizone.8437

psizone.8437

For power/crit-based, look into a longbow build. It has high damage (more with this new patch) and you wont have to rely on your pets as much.

If you don’t want to be an easy target, go with a bunker build. I use xsorus’s BM bunker (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev3rPPF28JE he also has an updated build and various roaming solo videos) and I can honestly say that I win the majority of my fights 1 vs 1 and the occasional 1 vs many if I’m against less skilled opponents.

As for durability/healing/movement, they are not an issue for me, I heal faster than most classes with high healing power and troll unguent and can outdodge most other classes.

Anyway, give it a try. Hope it works out for you.

Brotherhood of Blub [blub]

Up to date Ranger WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Bredin.5368

Bredin.5368

You can run a power based ranger for roaming, be tanky and do very decent sustained damage so you can get kills. I run this version of a shout-evasion tank (http://tinyurl.com/lwtu66o).

This still works well with with the endurance regen nerf. It requires a lot of practice and you have to work much harder than other classes to attain a high level of play. But it is very fun and very effective. A bonus is you can swap out just a few weapons and utility to run with a zerg.

That said, the recent patch did help with LB damage, but I think a few other classes received MUCH stronger boosts than ranger did.

Up to date Ranger WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

It depends on how you play in WvW. Either BM or Power build can shine in roaming, ranger is never weak in small scale fight. However, neither of those build is good enough (compared with other classes) for zerg surfing (especially organized mid-large scale fight). It’s a design failure. If you play a ranger in WvW, be rdy to be lonely.

Up to date Ranger WvW

in Ranger

Posted by: Iconoklast.2389

Iconoklast.2389

Find a good group of friends that you like to roam with and then a power ranger becomes pretty useful. We bring one a lot when roaming just because they apply good pressure and are very useful in chasing someone down bc the farther someone tries to run the more damage our ranger does to them

Iconoklast – Guardian / Icono Clone – Mesmer
Tiny Icono – Engineer / The Icono – Elementalist
SoS – Empyrean Knights [EK] YB – The Coasters [TC]