Upcoming Ranger nerfs

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Keavaa.5047

Keavaa.5047

There was some talk in wvw about upcoming ranger nerfs but they didn’t got into specifics about it.

Is something coming and do we have any clue on what might be involved.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

lol anythiing that isn’t Annouced by Anet , take it as False.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

They are reducing the speed of rapid fire by 200% and renaming it sloth fire. They are also adding a laser pointer so engineers know when they are being targeted. :-)

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

kitten and I was hoping they would add a bouncing trait for the longbow like thief’s pistol ;-)

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

They are reducing the speed of rapid fire by 200% and renaming it sloth fire. They are also adding a laser pointer so engineers know when they are being targeted. :-)

In fact, in the first game there was a bow skill named Sloth Hunter’s Shot. Pretty legit one, I might add.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sloth_Hunter's_Shot

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

What are the upcoming nerfs?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Keavaa.5047

Keavaa.5047

I dont know what the nerfs are. The group was just saying that rangers would be kittened about the changes. I guess he could have been trolling too.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I guess he could have been trolling too.

I would suggest that this is the case, or maybe wishful think on there behalf.

unless they are referencing to the animation to PBS which depending on your point of view could be considered a nerf, but it not its just a way to give skilled opponents a chance to react.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I guess he could have been trolling too.

I would suggest that this is the case, or maybe wishful think on there behalf.

unless they are referencing to the animation to PBS which depending on your point of view could be considered a nerf, but it not its just a way to give skilled opponents a chance to react.

I don’t think skilled opponents were the ones complaining about longbow rangers.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Androlan.9487

Androlan.9487

According to the Ready Up episode, there was talk about LB being used to much. This is pretty much saying “We are nerfing LB” which is fine with me and I play a ranger. You don’t see top tier pvp players using power ranger and there are way to many of them in pvp. Most of them ruin the game by just bad play. Granted, there are a few decent players in power spec but most of them are trash. I’ll be glad to see them gone once they realize they have to L2P in pvp

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

That same ready-up mentioned the telegraph on PBS. That’s the only nerf I’ve heard mentioned.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Cuchullain.3104

Cuchullain.3104

I want guardians to glow bright orange whenever they have retaliation up. Where is the telegraph for that?

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Rangers using rapid fire will have bullseyes that show up on the world map and be crippled for 30 seconds.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

According to the Ready Up episode, there was talk about LB being used to much. This is pretty much saying “We are nerfing LB” which is fine with me and I play a ranger. You don’t see top tier pvp players using power ranger and there are way to many of them in pvp. Most of them ruin the game by just bad play. Granted, there are a few decent players in power spec but most of them are trash. I’ll be glad to see them gone once they realize they have to L2P in pvp

Is that any different than the mesmers running around now after their change? Or a thief running around weaponless yet still nuking people down like there is no tomorrow? Let us not even bring up ele’s and engineers. Once a build becomes popular everyone flocks to it because they think 1 + 1 is 2 and a win for them. They ignore that populating your avatar with build and gear does not always equal easy mode. Skill still rules at the end of the day.

Skill does matter because there are players at the end of the day that take a difficult class to play, then play it well with their build and setups, and are fine. Then a change comes, take Rapid Fire for example, and all of a sudden they look like a killing machine and the alligator tears fall out of the sky like skittles with everyone battle shouting for nerfs.

I find it funny when a Mesmer is asking for rangers to be nerfed because they died to a pair of rangers. Yet they publicly say they can, and will, kill any class due to their recent changes to scepter. Go figure.

Point is, Arena Net has had two years of WvW and done zero with it. It is stale. The only reason why the die hard players are still here is because there really isn’t anything out that comes close to the WvW play style.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Make pets die even faster perhaps?

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

Half life 3 confirmed.

#Everythingyoureadontheinternetistrue

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

“In order to improve the experience to Guild Wars 2 players, we have decided to remove the ranger class from the game. We felt that having 8 classes in the game was too complicated for newer players to handle, and also balancing 7 classes is much easier and lazier than balancing 8. We hope you will enjoy these new exciting changes and do leave your feedback in the forums so it can grow to 100 pages and we won’t read it.. Meanwhile, get ready for a new exciting purchase in the gem store that will allow you to unlock the Ranger class again!”

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

“In order to improve the experience to Guild Wars 2 players, we have decided to remove the ranger class from the game. We felt that having 8 classes in the game was too complicated for newer players to handle, and also balancing 7 classes is much easier and lazier than balancing 8. We hope you will enjoy these new exciting changes and do leave your feedback in the forums so it can grow to 100 pages and we won’t read it.. Meanwhile, get ready for a new exciting purchase in the gem store that will allow you to unlock the Ranger class again!”

They should really do that with necro. Upon unlock from gemstore there should be a message saying: “Attention! This class is useless in PvE and you will be kicked out from experienced groups”.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Lol, necro was my first character, and honestly it left a pretty bad impression on Gw2. I do feel for them, though at least they excel in their niches, just not in pve at all. It’s just a class that lacks vision.

In any case, back to the ranger, they really also need a more clear vision beyond “too many players are using longbows”

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Huck.1405

Huck.1405

lol anythiing that isn’t Annouced by Anet , take it as False.

Hell, a lot of what IS announced by Anet is false.

“You can teach ’em, but you cant learn ’em.”

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: KsmxRaika.5489

KsmxRaika.5489

I won’t lie, in SPvP about 2/5 of your teammates in solo que end up being Rangers… and of those Rangers they’re zerkerLB Rangers. Personally I’d rather see the bows get nerfed into the ground, but that’s not fair at all to the weapon and the options it allows players just because it’s major cheese and easily used.

I’m not sure how that (which honestly I feel is the only thing that bothers people about Rangers) could be “balanced” as I don’t even remember what RF and the whole of LB was like before the changes.

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

No nerf, they are talking bs. There won’t be any major balance changes until march.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

Rangers are the only ranged class. Necros and eles puting aoes from range but not a real pewpew feeling

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Upcoming Ranger nerfs

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

I don’t even remember what RF and the whole of LB was like before the changes.

It was exactly the same, except the hits from RF took twice as long (roughly half the DPS, but likewise a dodge avoided roughly half the damage it does now). That’s why I think most of the complaints about it are psychological, not technical. The damage from the skill is exactly the same as before. People just panic more when they arrows are hitting them every 0.25 sec, instead of 0.45 sec.

The other major change to longbow was a GM trait to increase autoattack speed by 10%, and doubled arrow movement speed to make them harder to strafe-dodge.