Upcoming Tequatl

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

http://dulfy.net/2013/08/31/gw2-pax-anniversary-bash-coverage/

YES! Isn’t this great guys?! Shock-waves! Poison fields! Water vortexes! I was just waiting for something to feed my pet to. /sarcasm -_-

NSPride <3

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

dragons > shinies > PVE > dungeons > esports > gem shop > jump puzzles > WvW > cow finishers > balance

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Just pretend it’s a slimy, undead version of the Claw and you won’t even notice the pets uselessness.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

you know the good thing about it, that rangers will be the best class to be in the turrets healing and buffing others lol. Poor pets, poison fields, wave so much pet hate it wont even be 5 seconds alive. Once again rangers left out of the content

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Sollith.3502

Sollith.3502

Forget the pet, I can see clearly now the rangers are gone;

LFM>Teq: no rangers

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Yes! Finally we can put our superior range skills to good use. “Rangers, man your turrets!”

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

inb4 the “Ranger pets are fine, l2p crowd”

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

tbh I’m more concerned about pet survivability in dungeons. Open world, who cares, you can get a tag for gold medal in like five hits of an auto attack.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Ha. Just be running my Guardian. Problem solved.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yeah I realized this as well.

I guess if no big changes come before this to pet Mechanic (which they really would have announced by now) we have official confirmation that we all wasted our time and they don’t care about the class.

The only thing keep this class relevant in any part of the game is the self proclaimed ‘pro pvp players’ inability to deal with anything ai related.

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Well on the bright side I’m that weird kid who loves using environmental weapons more than my real skills so I accept my turret duties!!

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: qualm like a bomb.6512

qualm like a bomb.6512

Man your turrets!

Qualm – Commander
Grievance [GVNC] – Our drunken WvW is the kitten
Devona’s Rest – Forever Outnumbered & Kittened upon by Anet

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Stop it guys! Our pets ARE useful….. They’ll… You know…. Well…

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Fomby.4295

Fomby.4295

inb4 the “Ranger pets are fine, l2p crowd”

I don’t think those people exist in PvE and WvW.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Kal Snow – Norn Guardian

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Well on the bright side I’m that weird kid who loves using environmental weapons more than my real skills so I accept my turret duties!!

Turrets are for winners. You get to guard the people on the Turrets.
they gave you a skill specifically named that for a reason.

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

It is true that we’d make slightly better turret’ers, since our pet would be of some small use by guarding is while we fire. Still doesn’t make up for the rest of the crap we have to deal with.

NSPride <3

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: tan.9240

tan.9240

totally agree lol i was thinking this while watching PAX on twitch, I’m like biggest mistake of my life , getting my ranger t3 cultural and a legendary … facepalm

“All is vain”

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Stop it guys! Our pets ARE useful….. They’ll… You know…. Well…

They soak up AoE damage from other players! Yes, that’s it! We’re good to go!

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

Anet has no clue…..

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

>people complaining about pets in open-world pve
>open world pve

Do you guys get how much I’m facepalming here? Choose a useless pet to keep in your first slot (such as a moa on passive), and then switch out for your good attacking pet in the 2nd slot the second Teq gets stunned.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

>open world pve

Do you guys get how much I’m facepalming here? Choose a useless pet to keep in your first slot (such as a moa on passive), and then switch out for your good attacking pet in the 2nd slot the second Teq gets stunned.

You clearly haven’t play ranger much have you? Even a pet on passive suffers because it stand 100 feet away from you and is stupid enough to stand in aoe fields. Canash is one example where the pet triggered the traps, Aetherblades final boss was another one where the pet was worthless making the class bad compare to others.

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

>open world pve

This is the only post worthy of facepalming in this thread.

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

I’m actually facepalming because you guys still expect your pets to remain alive during world bosses. I expect it to die, and I won’t even bother switching it out because it’s just that useless IMO. Learn to play without it for those fights, like I have.

[hS]

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I’m actually facepalming because you guys still expect your pets to remain alive during world bosses. I expect it to die, and I won’t even bother switching it out because it’s just that useless IMO. Learn to play without it for those fights, like I have.

Just checking, but you do know you’re saying “stop complaining 40% of our DPS is gone in those fights and just accept it!” Right?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

RyuDragnier.9476

Just checking, but you do know you’re saying “stop complaining 40% of our DPS is gone in those fights and just accept it!” Right?

With open-world region bosses like Tequatl, yes, you should expect your pet to die. But in a dungeon when there is far less scaling going on, no, our pets really shouldn’t be that squishy. Difference between our pets dying to an event scaling for 60+ players and our pets dying to something scaled for just 5.

[hS]

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Oh yay, more dodging out of red circles. Love how varied the encounters are in this game.

Upcoming Tequatl

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Oh yay, more dodging out of red circles. Love how varied the encounters are in this game.

NO… NO…. NO…. This ones different! It has a metric ton more hp and more varied types of red circles! And it will tell you that you suck if you can’t kill it in a given time frame, and reward you with another chance to snap your keyboard in half gambling with RNG rewards.

Oh wait…

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat