Upcoming changes!

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Not that I am saying that I personally believe the hype or anything, but I’d at least wait to snuff out all of my hope until after we see what this big announcement worth watching on Saturday (the 24th) is.

I mean, there could be a legitimate reason why (allocation of resources), with so many glaring issues with combat balance, that the patch is only number tweaks and shaves .tries to hold back uncontrollable laughing

No seriously though. Nobody is necessarily saying that rangers need anything significant (traps, shortbow, and sword still make me sad, as does the trait system, but still), but it does seem like the balance team has been slacking on balancing out just about the worst competitive metagame I’ve ever experienced in a game. So hopefully there’s a legitimate reason for that, because otherwise, the mods are going to be working overtime on Sunday (starting Saturday).

I’m pretty sure the might change alone will kick a few of the builds out of the choke hold they have on the meta atm, but not enough to make them unviable. IE new builds can wiggle their way in without completly throwing out the old ones.

And traps are fine IMO when traited, but baseline I struggle to even fit them into a build. The only ones I can is either frost trap if i need more control than muddy terrain, or fire trap if i’m running celestial or Carrion and can get the nice scaling from both the power and the condi damage.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’d say we have too few utility slots in GW2 for traps to be fine. Running with only two traps feels weak. Running with three traps and you have no reliable stunbreaks.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I suspect rabid SotF builds will be on a more even playing field with the upcoming changes. We deal damage through condition and precision based conditions for the most part. The mild nerf to might won’t touch us and the addition of torment sigils (precision based AoE condition) will help us, especially if you already use warhorn for bleed bombing.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’d say we have too few utility slots in GW2 for traps to be fine. Running with only two traps feels weak. Running with three traps and you have no reliable stunbreaks.

This is only because in order for traps to be good you need to spend 6 points into them, if you could use traps without spending traits into them and the skills being GOOD, then it wouldn’t be nearly as much of an issue.

IE: Behave how signets work now, you can trait them to make them BETTER, but without the traits they’re still solid.

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

This is only because in order for traps to be good you need to spend 6 points into them, if you could use traps without spending traits into them and the skills being GOOD, then it wouldn’t be nearly as much of an issue.

IE: Behave how signets work now, you can trait them to make them BETTER, but without the traits they’re still solid.

Hopefully at some point they can start adding new weapons and we can get them moved to a weapon that works similar to how the Staff works for Necro. Even if we still need heavy investment, the risk of utility disappearing isn’t a problem.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Hopefully at some point they can start adding new weapons and we can get them moved to a weapon that works similar to how the Staff works for Necro. Even if we still need heavy investment, the risk of utility disappearing isn’t a problem.

I would be sad if traps were a weapon skill, i like having them with my bow + sword/dagger, i just want them to not be kitten with 0 investment

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Nice quality of life changes. Well done.

Really appreciate the change to Heal as One but would’ve liked for another function to be added to make it more than a burst heal.

Stormbluff Isle

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: that baby stealing dingo.7216

that baby stealing dingo.7216

I was actually pretty content with torch before, have been running it for some time. The improved torch is greatly appreciated and now I set soooooo many enemies on fire before swapping to my short bow.

I don’t use the rest of that stuff, so I can’t comment. Hard to complain when nothing is nerfed, though?

I have a sword, a dagger, and an estimated life span of 2.47 seconds.

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Axe 5 still roots in place? Booo!

The real kicker is that the skill would still be crap even if you could move.

Not to mention:

• sword #1 still roots the user. quite frankly it’s pathetic this bug is still there 2 years after release.
  • traps still only 600 range – half the range of necro marks even after taking a GM and master trait.
  • pets are still kitten
downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Not to mention:

• sword #1 still roots the user. quite frankly it’s pathetic this bug is still there 2 years after release.
  • traps still only 600 range – half the range of necro marks even after taking a GM and master trait.
  • pets are still kitten

sword one isn’t a bug its intented.
i wouldnt be using traps offensively
pets are good and bad anet already stated they are a double edged sword if used correctly they can be very useful.

ps enough of the nay saying.

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

I dont think these are supposed to be earth shattering changes, just small quality of life type stuff, so I wouldnt get too in a twist. Nothing really major for any classes.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

I dont think these are supposed to be earth shattering changes, just small quality of life type stuff, so I wouldnt get too in a twist. Nothing really major for any classes.

And yet it takes how long to put QoL changes out there. There should be updates like this every month not twice a yet. And the minute they have a solid fix to an exploit/bug it needs to be put in place asap. The only reason I can see for delays at this point is to not appear to have favorites among the profession (with might not even be the case as they tend to work on easier fixes first, but the perception of preferred profession could still happen).

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Not to mention:

• pets are still kitten

Axe 5 would definitely be a lot better, still pretty marginally useful, but a lot better. I mean, imagine how much better it’d be if you could use it to create a mobile bubble in WvW to keep your commander from getting focus sniped?

I already use axe offhand on my S/A-GS build just because axe4 is so good in a lot of ways. It’d be nice if axe5 had at least some use as well.

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Bran.7425

Not to mention:

• pets are still kitten

Axe 5 would definitely be a lot better, still pretty marginally useful, but a lot better. I mean, imagine how much better it’d be if you could use it to create a mobile bubble in WvW to keep your commander from getting focus sniped?

I already use axe offhand on my S/A-GS build just because axe4 is so good in a lot of ways. It’d be nice if axe5 had at least some use as well.

Only issue I can see with Whirling Defense gaining mobility is the warriors continuing to demand Whirling Axe get reflection as well they already compare it to the ranger skill while being ignorant/willfully ignoring the movement interrupting channel on Whirling Defense, while the Whirling Axe (last time I checked) moves, its more targets, and is on a 15 second cooldown base.

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

Not to mention:

• pets are still kitten

Only issue I can see with Whirling Defense gaining mobility is the warriors continuing to demand Whirling Axe get reflection as well they already compare it to the ranger skill while being ignorant/willfully ignoring the movement interrupting channel on Whirling Defense, while the Whirling Axe (last time I checked) moves, its more targets, and is on a 15 second cooldown base.

They can have a whirling axe as good as a mobile whirling defense when our warhorn is as good as theirs…

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Bran.7425

They can have a whirling axe as good as a mobile whirling defense when our warhorn is as good as theirs…

It’s the warriors if it isn’t “different, but better” in their favor they will never be happy.

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Not to mention:

• pets are still kitten

pets are good and bad anet already stated they are a double edged sword if used correctly they can be very useful.

“intended”…

Anet have already admitted sword #1 loss of control is a bug.

In WVW, 600 range makes traps very impractical, eg: 600 range is not enough to throw onto the ground from a tower/keep, are almost identical to necro marks in power and effect yet marks are 1200 range untraited. Ranger traps require a GM and master trait + 2-3 utility slots and are still inferior.

Agree that traps are fine in sPVP but they are kitten in WVW.

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Not to mention:

• pets are still kitten

“intended”…

Anet have already admitted sword #1 loss of control is a bug.

In WVW, 600 range makes traps very impractical, eg: 600 range is not enough to throw onto the ground from a tower/keep, are almost identical to necro marks in power and effect yet marks are 1200 range untraited. Ranger traps require a GM and master trait + 2-3 utility slots and are still inferior.

Agree that traps are fine in sPVP but they are kitten in WVW.

well yes traps could do with a bit of TLC but its worthless compairing them to a weapon set or wells/marks , as traps are spike/instant and marks + wells take time to build up damage.

about sword Anet admitted that their combat system input of the sword skills don’t allow movement well and causes rooting issuses due to the Jump/leap animations they use are bound by code to not allow freedom of movement , so its not the swords fault but the core coding of the combat system so that is why its intended unless they change it completely to match the current combat code/animations to avoid the rooting issue but that would ether copy code from other skill and it takes too much time to recode the current skills.

so they buffed it with predators onslaught and buffed its core damage can’t remember if it was last patch or the one before.

but the current sword is workable and is still a viable weapon so there is no reason to count it as bugged .

if you disagree find me the post where anet said its bugged?

other problems would be nice if heal as one healed for more if the pet is alive.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Upcoming changes!

in Ranger

Posted by: The Chosen Link.3247

The Chosen Link.3247

Why not give Heal as one a 1/2 second cast time instead?

It’s already been a 1/2 second cast time when you use it underwater (bugged or not since launch/beta when it used to be 1/2 second on land)