Updates still needed

Updates still needed

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Random order…

-Pets need to stick to their target better in wvw and spvp, because it’s too easy to avoid slow pet attacks and rooted pets.

-Apparently quickness doesn’t work on all pets.

-Axe off-hand is horrible in wvw and spvp because you can’t land #4 due to players moving, and the root on #5 sucks.

-Dagger off-hand plain sucks in every game mode. Skill 4 is awful damage and looks underwhelming too. A low damage 1,200 range cripple, that is easily negated, is worthless.

-Druid staff needs some damage buffs and some burn condis thrown in too. Skill #4 is way too thin to be effective on moving enemies and allies in wvw and spvp. Skill #5 is pathetic. Both #4 and #5 would function much better as large diameter skills (see necro wells).

-Celestal Avatar is the most clunky heal support design I have ever experienced in any mmo I have ever played. You created a combat system specifically designed for players to move around a lot, yet the gated CA skills are awful for trying to support allies on the move in wvw and spvp. It also sucks hard having to apologize to teammates when you can’t heal them on your HEALER ELITE SPECIALIZATION because you don’t have access to your quality heal skills when needed… and that’s a huge flaw with the design.

-Melee damage sucks on greatsword and sword without having a carp ton of buffs stacked up.

-Sword functions all wonky and skills #2 and #3 are too easy to avoid in wvw and spvp. Change the skills so they track the target and apply pressure, not move us all over the place so intelligent players can easily avoid incoming strikes.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Updates still needed

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Druid staff doesn’t need more damage, the goal of the weapon is to heal/support, not kill things. And I fail to see how Celestial Avatar is clunky, it sounds like you just need to manage your avatar juice better and learn to aim.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Updates still needed

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Druid staff doesn’t need more damage, the goal of the weapon is to heal/support, not kill things. And I fail to see how Celestial Avatar is clunky, it sounds like you just need to manage your avatar juice better and learn to aim.

I agree. Believe it or not, druid staff does more damage than SB considering its a support weapon

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Updates still needed

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

If you fail to see how clunky CA is, then I suggest you be support Druid for our roaming team on BG… You can show us your flawless ground target healing skills on everyone zipping around… I’m also sure you’ll be able to have heals ready when we need it…

Do you also find the ventari tablet smooth? If so, you can try that too.

Edit- I don’t care what the goal is with staff, I care about a better weapon design for wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Updates still needed

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

If you fail to see how clunky CA is, then I suggest you be support Druid for our roaming team on BG… You can show us your flawless ground target healing skills on everyone zipping around… I’m also sure you’ll be able to have heals ready when we need it…

Edit- I don’t care what the goal is with staff, I care about a better weapon design for wvw.

Sorry that I just know how to lead a target? And unless you’re hoping into CA on CD or you just left CA when you need it again you shouldn’t have too much issue having it up when needed. Druid is designed to be a burst healer, not a sustain healer, that means you have a window of super amazing healing, and then a window of very little healing where you/others are more vulnerable to damage.

You’re effectively calling CA clunky because you can’t just use it at will and throw out those godly heals at will. Just because you’re trying to shove the square in the circle shaped hole doesn’t mean it’s clunky.

Edit: Ventari is hot garbage, not only because of the ridiculous cast times for minor effects, but also because it effectively has no heal skill, and it has absolutely no way of handling burst. If the 6 were instant maybe it’d feel less awful in the tablet moving, but it needs a ground up fix to not feel like a bunch of gears rolling in a dryer.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

(edited by Durzlla.6295)

Updates still needed

in Ranger

Swagger.1459

Sorry that I just know how to lead a target? And unless you’re hoping into CA on CD or you just left CA when you need it again you shouldn’t have too much issue having it up when needed. Druid is designed to be a burst healer, not a sustain healer, that means you have a window of super amazing healing, and then a window of very little healing where you/others are more vulnerable to damage.

You’re effectively calling CA clunky because you can’t just use it at will and throw out those godly heals at will. Just because you’re trying to shove the square in the circle shaped hole doesn’t mean it’s clunky.

Edit: Ventari is hot garbage, not only because of the ridiculous cast times for minor effects, but also because it effectively has no heal skill, and it has absolutely no way of handling burst. If the 6 were instant maybe it’d feel less awful in the tablet moving, but it needs a ground up fix to not feel like a bunch of gears rolling in a dryer.

Then you can come to BG and “lead a target” with one of the top roaming guilds right? I’ll be more than happy to have you show me your awesome druid healing skills when you’re ready.

I’m not trying to be disrespectful, but I could give a crap what the original design intent was. I played thousands of competitive 8v8 matches on various support characters over many years, and ran solo on support characters in zone pvp. I’m not some idiot when it comes to support and support designs… and what we have for heal and non heal support skills and designs is trash in gw2.

Bull… I’m asking for a fair, balanced, smooth and dependable heal spec to play, so you can take your assumptions elsewhere. Also, the devs, with their horrible support designs for professions, need to fix the crap they made a mess of. They made a conscience decision to make this game all about damage spam, with support light, and that’s the flaw they attempted to change with hot, but still failed… They don’t even have a good UI for support players and player health bars lol…

Edit- And it’s obvious the devs have done very little in terms on thinking about support play and roles… this game is all about mindless stack and spam skills and buffs… hardly groundbreaking.. it’s completely mediocre… Took the devs 4 years to introduce slightly better heal support skill and roles, and it’s still poor quality. It’s a bad design to ask support players to aim mini ground target reticles and tote around a tablet to attempt to support allies in wvw and spvp, especially when the combat system allows and encourages player movement.

(edited by Swagger.1459)