Using Pig's F2 ability well?

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

The items the pig pet digs up are generally quite good. Good self or aoe heals, etc. But I’m having a hard time using them in the heat of battle, especially when I’m rocking a ranged weapon (so usually). Ideas? Can anyone pick up the item to use or is it just for me?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Anyone can pick up the item. You can also just leave the item there till needed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Strongfort.2451

Strongfort.2451

Anyone can pick up the item. You can also just leave the item there till needed.

Does that apply to the enemies? Can they pick up the items?

in Ranger

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

In WvW/sPvP? I’m not sure. I run dual canine in WvW. I would hope not (I’m assuming they won’t even see the item).

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Allies can, enemies can’t.
But on a practical level allies whom are strangers rarely will, which makes Pig a bit of a red headed stepchild of the porcine family. Boar, Warthog and Siamoth you can take command control of their Forages if nobody else feels like playing along and it ends up working out just as well. Pig’s Egg and Elixir kind of depends on other people scooping things up off the ground when they need them to have the best effect.

Have you tried Warthog? His ranged combo fields makes him an awesome buddy if you’re using a Longbow.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Strongfort.2451

Have you tried Warthog? His ranged combo fields makes him an awesome buddy if you’re using a Longbow.

I don’t see a combo field listed for the Warthog…

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Gunk is an aimed Ethereal field, Venom Sack is a ground-targeted Poison field.
He’s more on the de-buff combo-y side of supporting, but Rapid Fire and Gunk wrecks things.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Strongfort.2451

Ah ok, I thought you meant the pig had a combo field skill I didn’t know about.

Stench combo field?

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I thought Pig, Warthog, Siamoth, and Boar all have the same skills. They all have Forage as their F2 skill. Unless they each forage different unique items? I’ve noticed Pig usually forages that snazzy blue-tree-seed-that-regens. What combo field do I get from Warthog? From one of his foraged items?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)