[VIDEO] New(ish) to PvP - LF Tips

in Ranger

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

Looking for Tips and Tricks to improve my play.
Mostly regarding how I play Ranger in PvP but also the choices I make during the game.

All constructive feedback appreciated, all trolls will be ignored.

Thanks all

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: worminator.5174

worminator.5174

“All trolls be ignored”. Made my day.
1. Simple way to improve: Second Weapon set.
2. As i have seen your gameplay i think you use markmanship, survival, and druid. Next time please post your whole build together with your video.
3. You have no defense against power specs. Dont run into lichfrom. Wait until its over.
4. Be aware, that your opponent necro was incredible bad. Against good opponent you NEAD your second weapon.
5. your ping at 7:30 was a bad advice. Be happy, that your mate did not reacted to it. Holding 2 points is enough and your opponent team could not rotate.
6. 1:00 to 2:00: You have your avatar ready and you didnt used it to support your mate. Simple advice: Support your mate.
7. Ignore enemy treb when your team is leading and 3 enemys are in downstate
8. Use petswap more often. As i can see you only used it 1 or 2 times in the whole match.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

What the heck??? How did you get to rank 41 (which is what, 100 games?) with no weapon swap? You’ll want some defense and utility there via staff, greatsword, or sword.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

uh well, I guess kudos to you for being this brave.

I’ll try give you some Feedback. I play Ranger(Druid) too, currently Diamond.

I’ll Focus on your build choice/playstyle.

I can only guess at your build from the footage
– This is my guess: Build here
– I will not discuss your trait choices at length with you in this post.

1. Work on your build. and THINK about the role you want to be playing. It seems you’re looking to Play a power druid who does not contest nodes, but aids fights with high damage pressure (do note: this build is extremely suboptimal, the better your opponents, the worse you will find yourself doing. If you want to know why this is, I will post a Video about it next week.). So why did you take the skills you did? Let’s take a look:
    Survival Skills:
    Good choice for personal survival, Heal/Lightning Reflexes/Entangle are all good
    Glyph of the Tides:
    Why did you choose this? What use is this glyph to you (untraited) in your role? A knockback? To peel? There are far better skills to either cc your enemy or peel them off of you. I would suggest you Switch this to either signet of Stone or Quickening Zephyr.
    Sick Em!:
    Again, may I ask why? Sick em increases your pets dmg and movespeed for a short Duration. It is untraited and you do not Play beastmastery, so why increase damage from pets whose damage is already rather low in the first place? Or did you want it for the reveal? I the current meta, barely anyone uses stealth, and rev/engi are way better at revealing enemies anyway. I suggest swapping this to either signet of Stone or Quickening Zephyr (whichever one you didnt choose above).
    Quickening Zephyr and Signet of Stone
    Now you may ask, why these 2? Because you need a second stunbreak which coincidentally benefits from being a survival skill (traited) and you also need more survivability (signet of Stone)
    Traits
    Personally I would suggest to swap lead the wind for Remorseless. Autoattacking happens rather rarely in PvP, even less so at max range. And because its only a 5 on 5, the piercing has comparably Little Impact.
    I would also swap Natural Stride for Celestial Shadow, which is an insanely strong skill to peel with (removing the need for the knockback from glyph of the tides).
    Weapons
    Get a second weapon. I would recommend staff.
  2. Awareness. Knowledge about the mechanics of the other classes (you do not necessarily have to Play other classes, to know what they do). Know who you fight, and know what you can expect from your enemies. That way you know what to dodge or what to look for to interrupt, when an enemy is vulnerable and when you should play defensively. You were lucky that your Team had a pretty good handle on your Opponent.
  3. If you are familiar at all with Starcraft (I am not lol), there is a term called APM, Actions per Minute i believe. This applies here too. Ranger and druid are a VERY versatile class. your pets and your celestial avatar were barely used in the Video. LEARN to use them and learn WHEN to use them, they are very strong.
  4. Last but not least, but hopefully this comes with experience, know the maps you play on, being quicker on nodes.

That should be enough to think about for now.

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

in Ranger

Renn.8241

uh well, I guess kudos to you for being this brave.

I’ll try give you some Feedback. I play Ranger(Druid) too, currently Diamond.

I’ll Focus on your build choice/playstyle.

I can only guess at your build from the footage
– This is my guess: Build here

You’re 100% correct with the build.

My aim and role I want to play is quick caps and decaps.
The CC’s I have along with Lightning Refleces allows me to keep distance between myself and the enemy.
Ancient Seeds also procs well; I use this to push enemy off node, then Ancient seeds with trigger keeping them in place, allowing me to decap and continue DPS.

Have equipped a second Weapon Set, I don’t usually forget this but I guess I got carried away.

As for Celestial Avatar, I use this as a Personal Heal, I see minimum point in using it in Solo Rated Que.
In Team Que, I would use it more often as there would be greater communication within he team.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I’m sorry for I haven’t watched most of the video.

… I clicked randomly over it. And I haven’t seen you use your 2nd weapon set. Ever.
You definitely need to work on that.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Renn.8241

I’m sorry for I haven’t watched most of the video.

… I clicked randomly over it. And I haven’t seen you use your 2nd weapon set. Ever.
You definitely need to work on that.

A point already made and heard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

Lots of good advice already given.

So i want to express my amazement about how bad your opponents were, it kinda looked like a hot join match. At start enemy ran to home with 3 ppl. (didn’t triple cap, thank God).
when you went far the necro randomly dodges your random dodge.
well, there is a lot more to be said. But just wanna say this.

its much more safe to play 2 cap (home and mid), especially when opponents are good. you don’t want to go on suicide mission at far with there team respawning. So that means helping out on close instead of going far at start. in this match start you lost one team m8 at far(because you didn’t support him), and lost a team m8 at close and lost close point.

In the end when you capped far, you walk to mid with almost no health, and randomly dodge twice. this gives you trouble and you end up dead because you ran into that ranger with no health and no endurance. what could have saved you there is using longbow 3 on the pet and get over the wall out of sight.

Also, the celestial avatar was used once for heal and once randomly activated without use.
To be honest, and i don’t wanna offend you, but i rather have you on my enemy team then on my team. as soon as you run into ppl who know what to do vs ranged pressure you won’t survive like this. But its a good thing you here to ask for advice so good luck and have fun.