[VIDEO] Rallied from nothing

in Ranger

Posted by: Radagast.6271

Radagast.6271

Hello rangers comrades.
Yesterday i faught one melee zerker ranger in EB WvW.

Everything seemed to be as usual untill the guy was downed and rallied without any logic game mechanic explanation.

Here is a video of this fight:
https://youtu.be/NT3H-KGdC6E

So far i have few questions:

1) Watch carefully, why at 0:39 sec the guy got two effects with sword in blue icons: Determined and Downed. (Question to Arena Net: Why Determined (Immune to damage – invulnarable) and Downed states have same icons, and why they appeared at the same time) when i made this guy downed.

2) How did he rallied from downed at 0:46 ? There was no thief in stealth etc 100% also there were no veteran or simple creatures around except Veteran tree with full health.

3)If you check carefull you will see that dude rallied right after my Smokescale used it’s burst attack. Maybe bug ?

4) Why Axe 5 skill description doesnt contain information about reflecting projectiles and only says about retaliation.

If you have any ideas i would appreciate for solving this question.

(edited by Radagast.6271)

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Holy kitten. He rallied from killing the binding roots. That is a major bug…wtf?

I guess since it originated from a hostile NPC it counts as rallying off a creature?

(edited by bloodpyrope.8630)

in Ranger

Posted by: Radagast.6271

Radagast.6271

Holy kitten. He rallied from killing the binding roots. That is a major bug…wtf?

I guess since it originated from a hostile NPC it counts as rallying off a creature?

I thought about it, i also thought that he might have attacked someone before we started to fight and that foe died when he was in downed state so he rallied. Is it possible ?

But i guess killing roots is more logic explanation. Thanks.

in Ranger

bloodpyrope.8630

The other explanation is that he just happened to level up at that moment. You used to be able to use a tome of knowledge and do it, but they fixed it. But if you still level up naturally, you get rallied.

in Ranger

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Rallying off roots has been a bug since the dawn of Entangle, but since it’s a ranger bug it won’t be fixed anytime soon. Get comfy.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

in Ranger

bloodpyrope.8630

Rallying off roots has been a bug since the dawn of Entangle, but since it’s a ranger bug it won’t be fixed anytime soon. Get comfy.

Umm, no. You’ve never rallied off entangle roots and I never noticed it for ancient seeds.

Just tested it and it doesn’t apply to either of those. Just oakheart roots.