[VIDEO] Ranger Stealth trapper in action.

in Ranger

Posted by: rollnb.8346

rollnb.8346

I introduce my best friend’s Blessingshot Youtube channel with Ranger Stealth trapper/ Zerker builds in action:
We gona add other classes of WvW roamers builds aswell in close future.
Some fights (vs Guardian for example) are not much competitive and create wrong illusionary overpowered feeling of trapper.
But soon we add Hard Fights compilation with really epic fights vs Necro/ Condi thiefs/ Healing power Warrior & Guardians.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr5Ny3BGuRgxfqK7Nnh-_EQ/videos

And thnx in advance !

(edited by rollnb.8346)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ouroboros.5076

Ouroboros.5076

We need that Trapper Rune in PvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elspeth Tiriel.9243

Elspeth Tiriel.9243

You realize they literally just stealth nerfed trap cast time with the patch? How’s this build now…. Haven’t played traps since the patch before that they broke pet management… How is this bug not being addressed?

in Ranger

rollnb.8346

You realize they literally just stealth nerfed trap cast time with the patch? How’s this build now…. Haven’t played traps since the patch before that they broke pet management… How is this bug not being addressed?

First of all i am sure it is a bug, probably they affected trap system while fixing other stuff.
You can still use your build with switched off Master trait : Trapper’s Expertise. Cast time in this case will be same 1/2 sec as always. As i know many people submitted tickets with this issue, so i hope it will be fixed with next patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

First of all i am sure it is a bug, probably they affected trap system while fixing other stuff.
You can still use your build with switched off Master trait : Trapper’s Expertise. Cast time in this case will be same 1/2 sec as always. As i know many people submitted tickets with this issue, so i hope it will be fixed with next patch.

I sure hope its a bug. I just created a trapper ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Deepfreeze.1048

Deepfreeze.1048

Nice videos, always fun to see what other rangers are running.

If you are considering starting out as a trapper ranger I wouldn’t run this setup though. It’s interesting that you can win so many 1v1s with 0 evasion skills and no stunbreakers, but if you’re new to the class or spec you’ll find yourself frustrated without them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Britto.6374

Britto.6374

It s a horrible bug! I lost all survibily and mobility!

I m condi with 3 traps and rune trapper…totally broken now

in Ranger

Posted by: Britto.6374

Britto.6374

in Ranger

Posted by: ZeftheWicked.3076

ZeftheWicked.3076

I hate trapper’s experitise. By the time the trap is aimed and thrown i’m long dead. But without it no extra radius. Seriously, couldn’t they unbind those two features one from another. I like my traps casted under my feet, without any inivible cursor/aim it right issues.

in Ranger

Posted by: hyjaxxx.1584

hyjaxxx.1584

Really liked the video. Some of those other rangers you duked it out with were really bad hehe. Your video shows alot of the nuances of your build. I’m working on a ranger build to counter the trapper build so this is awesome to watch.thanks for taking the time to make them!

Jaxx

Whoajaxx the Ranger
Re-Port331,331R,DD331,Re-portV
Currently looking for wvw guild@henge

in Ranger

rollnb.8346

Really liked the video. Some of those other rangers you duked it out with were really bad hehe. Your video shows alot of the nuances of your build. I’m working on a ranger build to counter the trapper build so this is awesome to watch.thanks for taking the time to make them!

Jaxx

We are glad someone like it. Thnx ! By the way i have some nice video of zerker vs trapper, actually in my thought chances to win if zerker have nice skill are 50/50. There are only 5 simple rules to get trapper downed quite an easy : 1) Use wolf; 2) Use condition (-40%) utility; 3) Use meta build (combined like 60% damage & 40% condition damage); 4)Use any stun breaker to evade Entangle trap (Signet of Renewal for example). 5) Use Sigil of Energy on non-bow weapon.

P.S. If you loosing, use Lightning Reflexes and Sword’s Hornet sting + Monarch’s Leap, so you far far away at the end ;D.

(edited by rollnb.8346)

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

The fact that you’re using 2 very squishy pets makes the way to counter this build painfully obvious. I’ve done it countless times in WvW. Kill the pet.

The Ranger and stealth and dance around all they want, but the pet is always visable and it the onl cleansing they have.. so if they are using easy to kill pets it’s a simple task to kill them both and then it’s an easy win after that. Of course if they have Drakes or Spiders it might not be practical to do this, but it’s well worth keeping in mind.

Also noone in this video seems capable of using LR (or any skill for that matter) when caught in entangle.. So you know.. Not standing there and getting bursted like a chump also tends to help :P

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I’d say that this Ranger uses Trapper runes much better than ones who already posted their videos with this rune.

Still not great or full potential, but he tries not to waste cooldowns and occassionaly uses Trapper’s Expertise very correctly, kiting into traps and capitalizing on fields with projectiles.

No stunbreaks though, believe it could be painful against good mesmer (because traps are placed too close, phantasm triggers). Works as a “surprise” build for some leftovers though.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

rollnb.8346

I am sure you know that WvW gives you great opportunity to change some traits or utility skills “on fly” according to enemy you have meet I do it quite an ofter it takes 5 sec.
I am sure many people will agree that trying to find one build comfortable vs every class is utopia. There is nothing special in changing your way of play “on fly”.
For example i wont fight condition thief by using same traits i fight power one. Even vs same build trapper or necromancer you need to variate some skills to prevent condition damage same with stun, daze etc …
And ofcourse i donot claim any unique talant, it is just a story of one simple ranger guys. I am doing this videos just for fun and share my exp. Have nice battles !

(edited by rollnb.8346)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Yeah, I have a tendency to run just one build at time and swap not more than one utility in WvW, as I’m not used to it, playing mostly PvP. So I like to have something for every situation.

That’s good if you adjust your build however, I’d be just too lazy and judge from my perspective.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Adamarius.7549

Adamarius.7549

Jaxx

We are glad someone like it. Thnx ! By the way i have some nice video of zerker vs trapper, actually in my thought chances to win if zerker have nice skill are 50/50. There are only 5 simple rules to get trapper downed quite an easy : 1) Use wolf; 2) Use condition (-40%) utility; 3) Use meta build (combined like 60% damage & 40% condition damage); 4)Use any stun breaker to evade Entangle trap (Signet of Renewal for example). 5) Use Sigil of Energy on non-bow weapon.

P.S. If you loosing, use Lightning Reflexes and Sword’s Hornet sting + Monarch’s Leap, so you far far away at the end ;D.

Nice advices, thnx dude ! Cant wait you upload necromancer duels.

in Ranger

Posted by: Radagast.6271

Radagast.6271

Hi guys, i uploaded new video compilation of trapper vs engineer. Thnx, enjoy.
https://youtu.be/An3yao8kmz8

in Ranger

Posted by: Radagast.6271

Radagast.6271

Hello! New WvW Roaming compilation of Ranger Stealth Trapper build vs Thief is avaible at this Youtube link:

http://youtu.be/qZzbES7l2Ts

Feel free to subscribe the channel and discuss.

Have fun !

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I liked it. Very different from my playstyle, but impressive nonetheless.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

Thanks for posting this, I am about to get into trapper build and it’s nice to see one in action first

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…