[VIDEO]WvW Burst Druid Roaming (1 vs 3+)

in Ranger

Posted by: ninjambo.3784

ninjambo.3784

I recently came back to the game after a long break, and after shaking off the rust, and finishing my ascended gear thanks to season 5 pvp, I have decided its time for a new video (last video was before HoT)

I’ve compiled some fights from the last few days. I tried to only include fights where other Maguuma roamers didn’t come in to help me. The only clip where that happens is at the very end of the first fight.

Enjoy! And feel free to add me in game if you ever wanna roam together, or duel, or have any questions!

Stawker / Lord Stawk
Founder and former Guild Leader of [RET] Reticle
Current Guild Leader of [BLNT] Better Luck Next Time

(edited by ninjambo.3784)

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

I forgot to include the build. I run a very similar build to my guildmate Link the Cunning who you may know as he just posted a video here as well. One of the only differences is that I run quickening zephyr for more burst and a second stunbreak, at the cost of some sustain.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWnUqA1CilsAOsActglZBzJqNnyaPBg603C+fWQfol480A-TFCEABIcBAYS5XS7PQwjAAgjAg/q/0mumtUCGAAB4m3MbezAn38m38m38czbezbezbWKAzVGB-w

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

yeh, you are pretty good but this is another video full of baddies… just in the first section were you can see an ele incapable to stun\CC you it’s just sad.

Going with LB and ele cant cast any reflection? for real?

Some server just have many baddies anyway. No druid can win a 3v1 if the other players are any good and not 2v1 if there is a thief or condi mesmer involved.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

Well that goes without saying that if you win a 1v3 or a 1v4 those players aren’t going to be the best… haha. I would say its more about knowing which classes to focus and getting safestomps/stealthstomps. For instance I knew that ele and gaurdian had absolutely no damage (saw him with a hammer and running sanctuary haha), so I focused both necros down first.

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Well that goes without saying that if you win a 1v3 or a 1v4 those players aren’t going to be the best… haha. I would say its more about knowing which classes to focus and getting safestomps/stealthstomps. For instance I knew that ele and gaurdian had absolutely no damage (saw him with a hammer and running sanctuary haha), so I focused both necros down first.

yeh as i said you are pretty good, you see it in the small details like casting seed of life just before lunar impact to be sure to get the heal.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: SeranusGaming.7362

SeranusGaming.7362

As a newly converted Ranger, I approve this video… lol

Actually, thanks for posting it! I always learn a great deal by watching others play.

Kara “Tiptoes” Sheridan (Ranger)
Tarnished Coast Roleplayers [TCRP]
“Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

yeh, you are pretty good but this is another video full of baddies… just in the first section were you can see an ele incapable to stun\CC you it’s just sad.

Some server just have many baddies anyway. No druid can win a 3v1 if the other players are any good and not 2v1 if there is a thief or condi mesmer involved.

Do you even roam?
This guy would crunch you and 95% of your server like a bug. The other 5% would make it to the tower.

in Ranger

Posted by: Flintbrow.7985

Flintbrow.7985

I really enjoyed watching this. Soundtrack by MOTO?

Neenu Waffler-Warrior for what once was the Toast-

in Ranger

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

Obviously you have skill, but it makes me wonder which servers these videos are made on. Being a roamer on a T1 server, every single encounter that is less than 5 people will have at least one thief and one condi mesmer.

In fact, if I see another roamer, ~80% of the time its either a condi mesmer or a thief, and this class/build would have issues if outnumbered containing those two classes (i roam with almost the same exact build).

come to think of it, I cannot remember the last time I ran into a roamer that wasn’t condi (other than myself, who refuses to play those cheese specs). How are you roamers running into these non condi people?

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

As a newly converted Ranger, I approve this video… lol

Actually, thanks for posting it! I always learn a great deal by watching others play.

Hope you enjoy your new main class! Soon enough all your other classes will be gathering dust :p

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

Obviously you have skill, but it makes me wonder which servers these videos are made on. Being a roamer on a T1 server, every single encounter that is less than 5 people will have at least one thief and one condi mesmer.

In fact, if I see another roamer, ~80% of the time its either a condi mesmer or a thief, and this class/build would have issues if outnumbered containing those two classes (i roam with almost the same exact build).

come to think of it, I cannot remember the last time I ran into a roamer that wasn’t condi (other than myself, who refuses to play those cheese specs). How are you roamers running into these non condi people?

Im on Tier 1 NA currently.

Personally I feel that thieves are one of the easier classes to fight as a druid, as long as you do a good job of managing your defensive cooldowns and keeping the pressure on them. Condi Mesmers are a different story, and unfortunately they are everywhere now. Sometimes its necessary to switch to signet of renewal to add some condi removal besides your shouts and druid form.

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

I really enjoyed watching this. Soundtrack by MOTO?

Songs are

1: Skrux – If You
2: San Holo – Memories
3: Sorrow – Kalypso

definitely check out more San Holo if you haven’t heard his other stuff. All his songs are good imo

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Do you even roam?
This guy would crunch you and 95% of your server like a bug. The other 5% would make it to the tower.

relax dude, fan much? As i said he is pretty good, i’ve seen much better as well.

I don’t think nobody could win 3v1 if the other players know a little what they are doing. And much less today with all the reflections going around. Yeh i been havocking inside an enemy squad (around 5-10 people) free casting around them while our comander was prepping the charge, and not even an scratch. Even i could manage down some players with NC. But those are baddies.

2 players, one being a chrono or thief that know how to play and i’m rekt. Simple as that.

Now Justine go back to your Hamrev, he is waiting for you.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Good ranger play, Stawker is one of the better rangers I’ve had a chance to play with really and taught me a lot as well

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Do you even roam?

relax dude, fan much? As i said he is pretty good, i’ve seen much better as well.

I don’t think nobody could win 3v1 if the other players know a little what they are doing. And much less today with all the reflections going around. Yeh i been havocking inside an enemy squad (around 5-10 people) free casting around them while our comander was prepping the charge, and not even an scratch. Even i could manage down some players with NC. But those are baddies.

2 players, one being a chrono or thief that know how to play and i’m rekt. Simple as that.

Now Justine go back to your Hamrev, he is waiting for you.

Blah blah blah says the jealous ranger who doesn’t put themselves out there posting their own vids and shoots down this guy.

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

Good ranger play, Stawker is one of the better rangers I’ve had a chance to play with really and taught me a lot as well

Thanks tanbin. Come out and roam with us soon bro.

Stawker / Lord Stawk

in Ranger

Posted by: Earix.5684

Earix.5684

Cool video, would have been great versus good opponents. Next time I guess

Quick tip: if you only use your druid specialization for Druidic Clarity & Celestial Shadow (hurts but well not much use vs these guys), you should consider activating Natural Convergence while you go out of Avatar (don’t channel it, don’t even stop to cast it, cancel Avatar right away). That’s free stability to secure whatever you do next.

Earix – GvG Player – Druid / Soulbeast
Pirate Chips [LAYS] – Server Hopping (EU)

in Ranger

ninjambo.3784

Cool video, would have been great versus good opponents. Next time I guess

Quick tip: if you only use your druid specialization for Druidic Clarity & Celestial Shadow (hurts but well not much use vs these guys), you should consider activating Natural Convergence while you go out of Avatar (don’t channel it, don’t even stop to cast it, cancel Avatar right away). That’s free stability to secure whatever you do next.

Good tip, I’ll keep that 1 in mind.

And probably soon I will do a dueling video vs the ‘better’ players, I’ve always been big on dueling.

Stawker / Lord Stawk