Vanilla Ranger build, too much cleanse

in Ranger

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

I’ve been recently coming across more and more of that yolo LB/GS core ranger build, and I am shocked to find out that at times it has more total cleanse than druid. How is a build that hits so freaking hard gonna be allow to have access to so much cleanse? This is sort of a slap in the face to the glass cannon concept.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Did you get outplayed by a core Ranger LB/GS on your condi bunker?

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

>Ranger with sustain
>Glass Cannon

Pick one.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Xtinct.7031

>Ranger with sustain
>Glass Cannon

Pick one.

Exacccctly bro,

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Rangers have condi cleanse? What is this? 2012?

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Literally not possible to have more cleanse than the druid, thanks to the trait that clears like 10 conditions on you when you enter avatar form.

But yeah, if you are getting stomped by a glass LB/GS core ranger…I’m not sure we can help you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I dont think it is hard to trait for condi cleanse on a glass build or slot a skill to cleanse

dunno man build crafting too hard

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

I’ve been recently coming across more and more of that yolo LB/GS core ranger build, and I am shocked to find out that at times it has more total cleanse than druid. How is a build that hits so freaking hard gonna be allow to have access to so much cleanse? This is sort of a slap in the face to the glass cannon concept.

What are you playing exactly?

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

in Ranger

Posted by: Mr Greggles.5908

Mr Greggles.5908

Hahahahahahahaha

House of Horrors [HoH] – Dragonbrand Server

in Ranger

Xtinct.7031

I dont think it is hard to trait for condi cleanse on a glass build or slot a skill to cleanse

Exactly bro, and that is the problem atm. You can trait into excess of it and still crit 16k with mual.

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

I can hit hard without druid and with druid. So that point is moot.

and it’s a maul. Don’t get hit by maul.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I play that build, remorseless wilderness survival build i think

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

You’re full of it. Any core ranger with a lot of cleanse is running WS with double traited Troll Unguent and NM with Evasive Purity and there’s no way in hell those rangers are hitting 16k mauls.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

LMAO a condi thief player crying over condi cleanses.

Your build is like top cancer in PvP and WvW roaming, you have no grounds to cry.

in Ranger

Ramoth.9064

I think the 16k is a joke, I get about 6k tops realistically, which is still very good considering you can maul, hilt bash, maul.

Its a good build and I tore up a db thief without even trying the other day. I run it with hyena and smokescale.

in Ranger

Xtinct.7031

Your build is like top cancer in PvP and WvW roaming, you have no grounds to cry.

Nice assumption, but if I take the time to post about my experience vs a vanilla LB/GS don’t you think there is something more to it than just getting outplayed?

I ended up switching to power d/p staff after my first two failed engagements as condi because I did notice straight away how consistent the removal was with saffron scented poultry soup (100% chance to remove a condition when you use a healing skill, +70 healing power). I was able to beat him as power much faster than I ever did with conditions. So did I really get outplayed on my condition builds? Maybe, or maybe his setup was carrying him to counter a condition damaging class.

in Ranger

Ramoth.9064

Nice assumption, but if I take the time to post about my experience vs a vanilla LB/GS don’t you think there is something more to it than just getting outplayed?

I ended up switching to power d/p staff after my first two failed engagements as condi because I did notice straight away how consistent the removal was with saffron scented poultry soup (100% chance to remove a condition when you use a healing skill, +70 healing power). I was able to beat him as power much faster than I ever did with conditions. So did I really get outplayed on my condition builds? Maybe, or maybe his setup was carrying him to counter a condition damaging class.

What’s the issue here? Someone chose to forego dps utilities for condi hate and thats not ok? Should i be saying thief has too many escapes? Necros have too many corrupts?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

No, there is nothing to it, he was built to counter conditions, that is all. It’s not the build carrying him, it’s his use of a build specifically to counter conditions and it worked. Or is not countering current meta intelligent?

From time to time people come here to complain Ranger is OP for some reason and it’s usually because they got their ass handed to them and their ego can’t handle it because they expected the ranger to be a free bag and it wasn’t because it took advantage of an intelligent build and good gameplay.

Edit: It’s actually funny to me that he was using a build very centred around removing conditions, you noted he was even using food that removes conditions and still you complain about him being able to cleanse them? Not only that, but when you were then able to counter him with a power build was your build not just carrying you, countering his condi defensiveness?

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I fail to see the problem.

> You run a condi build
> He ran a cleanse heavy build
> You lost
> You switched to power build
> You won.

I mean.. It sounds like he was built to do 2 things well (hit hard and clease conditions) but was weak to direct damage. I’d say that’s good balancing right there.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Core ranger doesn’t come close to druid in terms of condi clear BUT since the last balance patch, core ranger can build for very good utility and damage and I’m not sure anymore that druid is superior to some core ranger builds.

For example -MM/WS/BM is a very offensive build but not YOLO at all, its got tons of utility and survivability options.

It’s fine, warrior is also very deadly with core traits and so are other classes.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

I fail to see the problem.

> You run a condi build
> He ran a cleanse heavy build
> You lost
> You switched to power build
> You won.

I mean.. It sounds like he was built to do 2 things well (hit hard and clease conditions) but was weak to direct damage. I’d say that’s good balancing right there.

Right lol.

Loses to his counter, switches to that build’s counter and wins, comes to forums to complain that…. Idk, that one build should universally be capable of beating any other build regardless of the utility that build specializes in?

It’s like we’re back in the first month of the game again. Somebody show this guy the way to the dodge trainer and the conditions wiki page.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

A haiku to commemorate this thread:

Three three dodge dodge three
Death blossom, venom, thieve’s guild
Oh wait, he has cleanse

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

(edited by Sevans.4619)

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Exactly bro, and that is the problem atm. You can trait into excess of it and still crit 16k with mual.

I have been hit by 4k mauls, 8k mauls but a single 16k maul? even on a remorseless build that is pushing it. combo’ed though yeah you can get a combo to deal that much on many classes that still trait defensive and manage to.
if you were playing condi daredevil then there is no chance in that happening since you can cleanse the vulnerability stacks and steal the might stacks so you are surely doing something wrong or just got baited and outplayed.

but gz u re-spec’ed and won so whats the problem?

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

>Ranger with sustain
>Glass Cannon

Pick one.

Exacccctly bro,

You’ve greatly missed the point.

I have been hit by 4k mauls, 8k mauls but a single 16k maul? even on a remorseless build that is pushing it.

Pretty sure you could get that off on a zerk/marauder build with the old signet setup but that’s not even possible anymore.

(edited by Substance E.4852)

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

You’re playing the condi build, mate. People need to go out of their way to counter you, in doing so they lose tons of power damage negation potential, and you’re mad?

Core ranger has okay cleanses but druid is infinitely better, and he’s running a kit that is the easiest for a condi thief to outplay.

I think it’s likely true you honestly got outplayed because you clearly don’t know how to yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

>Ranger with sustain
>Glass Cannon

Pick one.

Exacccctly bro,

You’ve greatly missed the point.

He’s full glass + cleanses and you beat him with Power Thief, what more would you want? What people have been pointing out is that Power Survival Ranger has no sustain and completely relies on fighting a Condi build with the cleanses, or plain kiting everything else.

Power Ranger is also prone to getting spiked in Troll Unguent and dying unless he pops Signet of Stone or is able to create distance/pressure.

If he’s specced for Survival (cleanses) and you don’t want him to have enough cleanses, what’s that supposed to even mean? What you’re suggesting is similar to saying you want to remove the evade frames from D/D Condi Daredevil because you can’t hit them.

If he switches to Shouts on Power Ranger it then fights your Power Thief better.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

in Ranger

Ramoth.9064

You’re playing the condi build, mate. People need to go out of their way to counter you, in doing so they lose tons of power damage negation potential, and you’re mad?

Core ranger has okay cleanses but druid is infinitely better, and he’s running a kit that is the easiest for a condi thief to outplay.

I think it’s likely true you honestly got outplayed because you clearly don’t know how to yourself.

Nah I wouldn’t say its out of the way, its quite optimal IMO for a core ranger. The only sustain you have is the regen on protection (prot on dodge) and troll unguent, its very balanced.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

I play Core ranger in PvP and use MM, WS and BM. Double stone signet is great too

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

A haiku to commemorate this thread:

Three three dodge dodge three
Death blossom, venom, thieve’s guild
Oh wait, he has cleanse

This is how all QQ threads should end, with a poem.

in Ranger

Posted by: ZhouX.8742

ZhouX.8742

Ohhhhh how you really don’t know what true glass cannons are

Tanbin

in Ranger

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

Conditions is one of the cheapest, worse mechanics this game has to offer. It seems designed so that complete noobs can get kills when people run out of cleanses, if their enemy is good enough to survive a burst rotation and stay in the fight long enough to burn through their CDs, conditions will wither them away because there’s literally nothing they can do about it other than wait to die.

Core ranger has too many cleanses? Every class needs more cleanses and conditions a major nerf, period. There’s no room for such a gimmick in a supposedly skill based game. You’re basically giving someone an “I win” button and someone else a “Cancel I win” button, and it’s just a question of who has more. Horrid design choice.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lain.5179

Lain.5179

You’re basically giving someone an “I win” button and someone else a “Cancel I win” button, and it’s just a question of who has more. Horrid design choice.

This. Only ever this.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You’re basically giving someone an “I win” button and someone else a “Cancel I win” button, and it’s just a question of who has more. Horrid design choice.

This. Only ever this.

How can you call it an “I win” button if there is a “Cancel I win” button?

You can build around invulnerability, evasion, endurance regeneration and high armor to mitigate power too you know.

But which do you do? Well, you make sacrifices to come up with a well rounded build, or you focus on one particular area. But then each build will have it’s own counter.

It’s called play and counterplay.

in Ranger

Substance E.4852

This. Only ever this.

You can build around invulnerability, evasion, endurance regeneration and high armor to mitigate power too you know.

But which do you do? Well, you make sacrifices to come up with a well rounded build, or you focus on one particular area. But then each build will have it’s own counter.

You’re going to be bringing ton’s of condition cleanses no matter what you fight. PvP’ing without WS is beyond silly.

No cleanses?
VS Condi Build = Get immobed, die in 4 seconds to tics.
VS Power Build = Get immobed, die in 2 seconds to spike damage.

The only unique hard counter to conditions (on ranger anyway) is to stack vitality over toughness and that has very little benefit while leaving you incredibly vulnerable to power damage.

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

This. Only ever this.

That’s assuming all ‘play’ and ‘counterplay’ are equal.

In pvp-team fights of attrition (mid) the advantage is given to condi builds.

in Ranger

Xtinct.7031

yea man, considering your a thief main this is a little surprising to hear.

Here is the truth, I landed my condition burst on this core ranger over 3/4th of the time during our fights. He just was capable of removing it all very quickly most times before the third tick. I do not see how that equates to getting out played, I just simply got countered. If I was losing my bursts to blocks or evades, I would have not even made this thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Sounds like your power build was carrying you.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Serious question time since apparently this thread is going to keep going;

What build are you running in which a core range can completely negate your condi application?

S/D condi can easily out condi core ranger cleanses, 2 sword 2 lotus dodges and a core ranger blows virtually every removal option they have to completely negate damage ticks. Add in a venom and the fact that you can rinse and repeat a virtually infinite number of times and there’s no way you got out cleansed.

D/D or P/D? Well then yeah, you don’t have nearly enough condi application to deal with any class that decides they don’t like dying to condis.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

Serious question time since apparently this thread is going to keep going;

What build are you running in which a core range can completely negate your condi application?

S/D condi can easily out condi core ranger cleanses, 2 sword 2 lotus dodges and a core ranger blows virtually every removal option they have to completely negate damage ticks. Add in a venom and the fact that you can rinse and repeat a virtually infinite number of times and there’s no way you got out cleansed.

D/D or P/D? Well then yeah, you don’t have nearly enough condi application to deal with any class that decides they don’t like dying to condis.

Jcbroe i wouldn’t bother. This is clearly the weekly thread about a condi noob who got owned by a pewpew. I get a lot of those during the week, some sure may come here to complain. Anybody which plays with thief and even worst uses condi cheese does not deserve my time.

Like anyone from anet actually read this. Better luck in reddit.

Anduriell, How dare you sir! :P

JC is introducing reason and rational thinking to this fluster cluck of a discussion.
(which I appreciated btw)

in Ranger

Posted by: Last Warrior Lord.7248

Last Warrior Lord.7248

Ha to much cleanse…hahahah good joke. Fight a competent condition chrono mesmer. Than come back and rage how op it can be.

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Druid has more condi cleanse so ur post reeks of virginity. Also, since u got ur intel wrong, have u considered that u may not be playing optimal vs that setup, and one build isnt meant to beat all. Are we talking wvw or spvp? Spvp the build is already at a disadv not able to camp on points, and wvw is FFA

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: Mogrey.3891

Mogrey.3891

what’s the point of this topic? sounds like ranger must not have a viable counter to anything and be a free lootbag.

i’m a poor and lonesome ranger.
Mogrey Norn Ranger [DS]

in Ranger

Xtinct.7031

Sounds like your power build was carrying you.

Oh, it did, and imo most power builds do. That is why I play condition most times.