in Ranger

Posted by: Djinii.6932

Djinii.6932

I am looking for a build which may involve

GS/LB
SB/GS
SB/S+WH
Axe+D/S+T

Or any of those combo’s, but I want to use it in both WvW and PVE.
Is there such build around?

Viable build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Noobie.1073

Noobie.1073

This is an Axe/Horn + S/D build I use in dungeons, small groups or zergs, and solo capping camps. It works well and you crit fairly often with RaO and Horn#5. (Just don’t use them at the at the same time)

You can switch to Knights armor for added Precision, but that’s based solely on preference. I actually like the added HP + Power of the Soldier’s armor but with knights, you’ll get more toughness and precision. You won’t be glassy but you will still dish out good damage. I’ve come to really like have 2 stun breaks while run solo in WvW because you’ll need them quite a bit if you plan to run around by yourself. Just don’t go spamming them needlessly, only use them when you need to. I highly recommend you try to group up with someone or people because you’ll still be squishy to backstab thieves (but then again, everyone is squishy to them so no worries). Here is the build:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRBHhxG1IRVkdllgFrlAYpQQ9aFyk94wCX0VA1Mm4kZSA-jkyAYsBRTQgJLQEGASEY2rIasF1ioxqYwUmER1ujioVDA-w

I Cha Cha I – Mediocre Ranger at best
Mao Xiong – Worst Warrior GW2

(edited by Noobie.1073)

Viable build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

This is a better build than ^ imo. Run full apothecary gear. you can swap off-hands if you want.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAnf8YjAVJ29VCWoWCiVBB1ewJzjpniYpeXB/D-ToAibU34uxcj8G7NDRWisDYGA

Viable build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Wolfaen.9461

Wolfaen.9461

Can anyone suggest a good GS/LB build?

[Wolf] Wolfaen
Elementalist | Ranger | JQ

Viable build?

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Apothecary gear is horrid for dungeons though, if he wants something for all round he’s better off with knights or dare I say zerker

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Viable build?

in Ranger

Noobie.1073

This is a better build than ^ imo. Run full apothecary gear. you can swap off-hands if you want.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQRAnf8YjAVJ29VCWoWCiVBB1ewJzjpniYpeXB/D-ToAibU34uxcj8G7NDRWisDYGA

He wanted something viable for dungeons as well as WvW. The BM spec is nice for solo roaming and 1v1 or 1v2 but you’re almost completely useless in a dungeon boss fight. We all know our pets are better off stowed in dungeons so putting anything into BM trait would only be for the extra boost in healing while in dungeons. The knights/soldiers spec is more versed in power+defensive capabilities as well as providing the DPS to help your group.

Viable build?

in Ranger

Noobie.1073

Can anyone suggest a good GS/LB build?

The build I posted up there can be run with LB/GS too. weapon sets will only change your attack or play style, for the most part, your traits will remain the same. Click on link and swap weapons to your desired weapons and see if it comes to something you want.

Viable build?

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

He didn’t say dungeons, he said PVE. Works just fine for any pve content that doesn’t involve elitist.

Also, your build isn’t good at all for roaming/zerging. You have the healing well for condition removal, that’s it. You will die to any condition based player in less than a second.

Viable build?

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

He didn’t say dungeons, he said PVE. Works just fine for any pve content that doesn’t involve elitist.

Also, your build isn’t good at all for roaming/zerging. You have the healing well for condition removal, that’s it. You will die to any condition based player in less than a second.

lol, inferring that people who do dungeons are elitist.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Viable build?

in Ranger

Tricare.2946

lol, inferring that people who do dungeons are elitist.

No, I wasn’t. There are people who require you to have full zerker gear to even join their groups. Not everyone is like that.

Viable build?

in Ranger

Posted by: Miiro.3124

Miiro.3124

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VH;5FFx-g2gDF-0;9F9c;19-T9J1;356A5;006-awG4V;1QitaQubUC0kxs6VWJ0;1Q-V0_XeYk3q_0X0O-0F;38Z;9;9;9;9;9;4V3s5N

I’ve been liking this build lately in WvW roaming and open world PvE. I dont really do dungeons on my ranger I bring my guard for that, but yeah.

Axe/Torch with Sword/Dagger. Good evasion/poison on the sword combo then swapping to axe torch in melee range for the split blade/throw torch its pretty nice damage, decent survivability all around fun build for me. Good Luck.

[SAV] Miiro 80 Ranger
Jade Quarry Champion Hunter
Solo/Small man WvW