[Vid] Druid - Nature's BattleCry (wvw)

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkFlopy.8197

DarkFlopy.8197

Hey ppl,
For those of you who know me, I have implemented my BattleCry build into druid and I enjoyed the results!

Hope you will enjoy it as much as I am!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxdfw8K_1f8

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Hi man, great vid. How is it you and fox always coming out with great melee ranger roaming videos on the same week. ^^

Two things I wanted to ask, why Fren hound(your regen uptime is 100% without it), does its direct heal scale with your healingpower? Wouldnt it better if you drop one of your shouts for another glyph, considered how how much synergie your build has with glypghs?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Nice!

Did you pick glyph of empowerment mainly for it’s short cd or the small damage boost?
I’m in love with glyph of equality myself for obvious reasons (even though you get 8 seconds longer cd), it’s superb imho – damage, daze, blind, stunbreaker, healing, condiclear. I would consider that glyph our best utility skill of all.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkFlopy.8197

DarkFlopy.8197

Hi man, great vid. How is it you and fox always coming out with great melee ranger roaming videos on the same week. ^^

Two things I wanted to ask, why Fren hound(your regen uptime is 100% without it), does its direct heal scale with your healingpower? Wouldnt it better if you drop one of your shouts for another glyph, considered how how much synergie your build has with glypghs?

well im with this build for 2 weeks, wanted to get used to it abit more to see how close i can get into using its full potential, but well the world is full with alot of good ppl, some are better than the others, some are equal, so are slightly different.

Fern Hound was taken from few reasons :
1) Its a Hound, has a strong leap, and a great cirpple, both useful vs squishy targets or CCing.
2) the regen and heal it gives are made mainly for itself since not always its being attacked and i need my pets alive to get the shouts work as they should, also spreading regen between allies if im not near them that way i can charge my astral force faster.

Glyph of Empowerment was taken from few reasons :
1) when in CA i am able to get 25% outgoing healing increase which is great alongside my healing power which brings my normal heal to 7.8k, i can tick it to even 10k but thats with its full potential and not that easy to reach it.
2) rune of the druid allows me to get another 500 healing power, which is nice when CA is not ready and i need to heal a good amount ASAP, therefore using this glyph and healing grants me good amount of heal from my healing skill, the bonus is its low cd.

2 Shouts were taken from few reasons :
Protect Me
1) a breakstun, low cd, gives protection, a shout so basically swiftness and regen uptime, TUANT for 2sec.
2) this shout is the only breakstun that stability cant ruin because you gain protection so you atleast take reduced dmg instead of for example dazing your foe which will do nothing to a foe with stability.
3) great for revealing thieves/mesmers/engis, why? a single dmg on you, even 1damage will count as attacking you, not sure about skills that doesnt have dmg like pulls but still, it will force the enemy to swap target to your pet and REVEAL them when they are about to stealth such as D/P thieves and maybe also wasting important skills on it because the enemy didnt swap back to you.

Guard :
1) making your pet take 50% of the dmg you take, this is a Backstab, DD #5 staff, Shatter, Gunflame, eviscerate, rapidfire and more skills that do insane dmg, therefore you can make yourself take less dmg.
2) getting might for everytime its being underattack (the pet), notice in the video i have high might almost all the time, which gives you chances to burst stuff out.

Nice!

Did you pick glyph of empowerment mainly for it’s short cd or the small damage boost?
I’m in love with glyph of equality myself for obvious reasons (even though you get 8 seconds longer cd), it’s superb imho – damage, daze, blind, stunbreaker, healing, condiclear. I would consider that glyph our best utility skill of all.

that small damage boost is not in my eyes even counts as small, imagine you are hitting a 9k crit on a foe, that 10% will turn it into something around 9.9k, you cant really reach that high without sacrificing some of your stats for reaching that.
therefore doing around 4k on good heavy armored that 10% wont give you much, it will disable some of the classes traits that make them take -10% less damage and such but still i dont even look at that boost as a boost.
mainly i took it for the rune trigger, condi removal and helping my healing.

(edited by DarkFlopy.8197)

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

great for revealing thieves/mesmers/engis, why? a single dmg on you, even 1damage will count as attacking you, not sure about skills that doesnt have dmg like pulls but still, it will force the enemy to swap target to your pet and REVEAL them when they are about to stealth such as D/P thieves and maybe also wasting important skills on it because the enemy didnt swap back to you.

This is a good point, and another great use of this skill that many may not even think about, +1!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Nice man, you always coming out with cool and original concepts for builds. ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Watching it now – checked build out real quick. Ever consider the use of Runes of Durability? I was using runes of the druid for a while but recently changed. Probably wouldn’t make much use of the boon stuff but I really enjoy the protection, vitality, and toughness.

Then again I run a celestial tanky/healy build for solo or small group roaming. Thanks for sharing and watching now.

Durability runes:
(1): +25 Toughness
(2): +5% Boon Duration
(3): +50 Toughness
(4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)
(5): +100 Toughness
(6): +15% Boon Duration; +125 Vitality

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Watching it now – checked build out real quick. Ever consider the use of Runes of Durability? I was using runes of the druid for a while but recently changed. Probably wouldn’t make much use of the boon stuff but I really enjoy the protection, vitality, and toughness.

Then again I run a celestial tanky/healy build for solo or small group roaming. Thanks for sharing and watching now.

Durability runes:
(4): 25% chance when struck to grant nearby allies protection and regeneration for 3 seconds and resistance for 1 second. (Cooldown: 20 seconds)

Durability is realy good with NM, the boon duration is statcked with the extra 20% boon duration from trait and you can double up the resistance/protection bonuses with FB/WHAO combo. Much less effective with builds without NM.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Durability runes:

Durability is realy good with NM, the boon duration is statcked with the extra 20% boon duration from trait and you can double up the resistance/protection bonuses with FB/WHAO combo. Much less effective with builds without NM.

Thanks for the info. I am actually running them as I said but probably more out of ignorance. I forgot about lingering magic.

I am using Instinctive Reaction, Evasive Purity, and Protective Ward out of the NM line and it does seem to work well.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)