[Video] Melee POWER Ranger Montage

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkFlopy.8197

DarkFlopy.8197

Hey fellow rangers,
Wanted to share with you a video I made yesterday night.
I’m really enjoying a melee ranger more than all the other melee professions.
Hope you will enjoy it as much as I did on making it!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_wnORrmsW4

Feedback and opinions are welcome!

in Ranger

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

AWESOME wow one of the best GW2 vids i have watched

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Flopy you’re one of my favorite rangers to watch on youtube.

That said, your opponents looked drunk. You can beat better players than those guys. You found better fights than those to highlight; don’t make yourself look good slaughtering people quickly, I’d rather see where you struggled.

in Ranger

DarkFlopy.8197

Flopy you’re one of my favorite rangers to watch on youtube.

That said, your opponents looked drunk. You can beat better players than those guys. You found better fights than those to highlight; don’t make yourself look good slaughtering people quickly, I’d rather see where you struggled.

I know, but that’s what the matchup gives me with all the “tower huggers” and considering it’s really hard to find at least 2 ppl to fight or even 1 person… That’s the result.
I don’t want to show if I’m good or bad, like in one of my Uprising videos I said I don’t want to be the strongest, I want to be a guide and to help others, if I wanted to look good I would have gone to PVP Hardcore teams.

But don’t worry, in the “How To Fight : x As Melee Ranger” serie I will show and talk vs who you will struggle, how to fight it, how you have a chance to win it and what happens when you ignore signs.

But thanks for the feedback both of you! 0/

(edited by DarkFlopy.8197)

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

melee rangers are so fun to watch. the new patch will give us so many options, and if we can fit Beastly Warden into the build, we’ll be able to land maul reliably.

if you want to improve your gameplay: I would say 60% of your dodges were completely wasted. id work on timing those better. it’s a fairly common problem, im still working on it myself. gvg’ing helps a lot with that – if you miss or waste one dodge roll, you get smoked.

in Ranger

DarkFlopy.8197

melee rangers are so fun to watch. the new patch will give us so many options, and if we can fit Beastly Warden into the build, we’ll be able to land maul reliably.

if you want to improve your gameplay: I would say 60% of your dodges were completely wasted. id work on timing those better. it’s a fairly common problem, im still working on it myself. gvg’ing helps a lot with that – if you miss or waste one dodge roll, you get smoked.

Well it’s a habit mate, anywho I almost never run out of ways to escape evade or randomly waste dodges

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

Well it’s a habit mate, anywho I almost never run out of ways to escape evade or randomly waste dodges

yes but you cant take your game to the next level unless you improve this. but if youre happy with where youre at, then all the power to u.

in Ranger

DarkFlopy.8197

yes but you cant take your game to the next level unless you improve this. but if youre happy with where youre at, then all the power to u.

now that im on my PC and not on my slowpoke phone (chrome chewing RAM) i can give you a normal answer.
the reason i dodge like that and most of the time “uselessly” with no reason… there is a reason, the dodge gives me protection for 2sec and with my 3k armor and minimum 20k hp im able to hold the damage that is incoming from the enemy or an incoming enemy, i am not made and neither the build im using for duels, i am not a duler, im a roamer, i encounter almost endlessly outnumbered fights so i customized my playstyle and build to fit my desires and needs, therefore i dodge randomly to secure me the next 2 sec by having that protection and avoid being bursted by a 2nd player that might come in or more, i can without it survive a full perfect burst of a shatter mesmer while not doing anything to avoid it and left with around 6k hp so imagine what will happen if i had protection on and ofc the shatter burst is lower than 2sec.

hope you understood what i mean but anywho, i dont really lose to a 1v1 unless the player uses a “carry” build aka “cheese” like prep terromancers, prep condi engis and such OR if the player has high dps output than i do and we have the same stats when it comes to being defensive such as warriors and celestial eles.

also this build and playstyle are made for defensive mode untill right moments, you strike in the right moments you can be deadly, you miss it and you will better defend yourself untill the next chance.

i know its not popular among the meta today because ppl prefer to either go PEWPEW backpaddeling berserkers or pure/regen condi and kill ppl with “passives”
but thats how i play and whoever tries to attack me either dies, or runs.

ofc i am losing aswell i am NOT the best ranger out there and ofc not as melee, but like i said in the comments above, i do NOT plan to be the strongest, i want to be a guide and help ppl understand rangers and how they can be used without running instantly to “metabattle” and all those sites to just take a build and start playing like robots, creativity is what will make the difference between you and other ppl.

sorry for the long post tho