[Video] Montage - Wild Poison + Commentary

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkFlopy.8197

DarkFlopy.8197

Hey everybody!

I have created my new build for my playstyle as a evasive stealthing ranger.

Hope you guys will enjoy and feel free to give me a feedback! =)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

This is very similar to what I run and it’s an extremely strong set-up for WvW roaming and 1v1s. (Literally the weapons and utilities are identical.)

I prefer Runes of the Traveler for the movement speed boost and my traits are a bit different; I use Empathic Bond for constant condition removal and Oakheart Salve instead of Hide in Plain Sight because I hate that trait. A jungle spider (with Malicious Training) does wonders for letting you kite properly with longbow.

Big kudos, I completely agree with your philosophy on playing ranger and it’s refreshing seeing a video of someone playing something other than a snoozefest condi-regen bunker.

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Agreed in regards to this not being classic regen ranger; it’s boring and old.

Good work. May the next balance patch treat your spec well.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

DarkFlopy.8197

Agreed in regards to this not being classic regen ranger; it’s boring and old.

Good work. May the next balance patch treat your spec well.

The balance patch will treat my spec well, like i said in the commentary, i will replace “Protect Me” with “Signet Of Stone” which will still give me the endure pain i had but now my pet wont get killed from it, and also having additional 180 armor.

Having a free 180 armor and reaching 3k armor without any help from Borderland Bloodlust while not hurting any of my other aspects is really nice and useful.

in Ranger

Sevans.4619

As an aside, I am not entirely sure why you use Runes of Exuberance. The extra vitality is nice, but the stat gain from the other bonuses is either useless (healing power on this build,) or minimal (precision, power.) Something like Runes of Speed will give you the vitality and add utility (+25% permanent speed is more useful in fights than some people realize.) Runes of the Warrior will give you the vitality, the power, and a lower weapon swap CD which would be amazing for this style of play. Runes of the Pack would give you the power and the precision with a mini-warhorn #5 to keep your fury and swiftness up at the cost of some health.

in Ranger

DarkFlopy.8197

As an aside, I am not entirely sure why you use Runes of Exuberance. The extra vitality is nice, but the stat gain from the other bonuses is either useless (healing power on this build,) or minimal (precision, power.) Something like Runes of Speed will give you the vitality and add utility (+25% permanent speed is more useful in fights than some people realize.) Runes of the Warrior will give you the vitality, the power, and a lower weapon swap CD which would be amazing for this style of play. Runes of the Pack would give you the power and the precision with a mini-warhorn #5 to keep your fury and swiftness up at the cost of some health.

You have a point with the Runes of the Warrior, but abit of the point of sigil of doom is when i swap to my LB i will have it ready, swapping after 8sec wont give it to me and that is making my sigil useless.

Runes of the Pack removes the vitality, which i need and supports my food aswell since im not going Empathic Bond and putting me in risk for conditions.

Also the healing power isnt my goal, the precision and power have my eyes, be surprised by 38% crit chance or 35% crit chance are a hugh difference, my older builds used to have 25% and relay on fury, when i tried something to increase it to 29% (was a test) and it appeared to me to crit ALOT more, i assume its luck but still.

(edited by DarkFlopy.8197)

in Ranger

Sevans.4619

How about:

Brown Bear -> Forest Spider
Sigil of Doom -> Sigil of Purity
Runes of Exuberance -> Runes of the Warrior

Just some food for thought. You get the poison, you keep the vitality, you get some passive condition removal that’s almost as good, more utility from your runes and a pet that’s better than a bear!

EDIT: Your ninja edit pointed out that precision was still a problem. You just get very little precision from those runes.

(edited by Sevans.4619)

in Ranger

DarkFlopy.8197

How about:

Brown Bear -> Forest Spider
Sigil of Doom -> Sigil of Purity
Runes of Exuberance -> Runes of the Warrior

Just some food for thought. You get the poison, you keep the vitality, you get some passive condition removal that’s almost as good, more utility from your runes and a pet that’s better than a bear!

EDIT: Your ninja edit pointed out that precision was still a problem. You just get very little precision from those runes.

Like i said before, im not running Emphatic Bond, so the bear allows me to remove 2 conditions instantly such as prep condi guys who put 10insta stacks or more, also to absorb an extremely large burst while using “Protect Me” when it comes to Backstabbing thieves, Power Shatter mesmers, Eviscerate warriors and also the regular Static Discharge engis.

But as i said in the commentary, there is a chance that the bear will be changed when the balance patch will hit.

Still, your ideas are ofc a possible option.

in Ranger

Sevans.4619

That’s why I suggested Sigil of Purity; I know Brown Bear’s on-demand removal is better, but at least this way your removal doesn’t take a complete nose-dive.

Spiders work well with Signet of Renewal and Protect Me. They have a solid life pool and since they tend to stay out of cleave damage, they usually are topped off on health. Plus Forest Spider comes bundled with all the poison you could ever want, a field that you can leap through or shoot through for weakness and poison respectively, and a three second immobilize for totally ruining somebodies day.

I just really hate bears. ;~;

in Ranger

DarkFlopy.8197

That’s why I suggested Sigil of Purity; I know Brown Bear’s on-demand removal is better, but at least this way your removal doesn’t take a complete nose-dive.

Spiders work well with Signet of Renewal and Protect Me. They have a solid life pool and since they tend to stay out of cleave damage, they usually are topped off on health. Plus Forest Spider comes bundled with all the poison you could ever want, a field that you can leap through or shoot through for weakness and poison respectively, and a three second immobilize for totally ruining somebodies day.

I just really hate bears. ;~;

I agree, will have to consider that, i really want to change my bear indeed but i never used a ranged pet so that will be something i will have to get used to aswell, does bring a strong chance to happen in balance patch and in the really near future.

Edit :
You know what? that sounds very intresting now that im looking deep into it, im gonna start using it now, i love a good challenge and now the fighting will be more intense.

(edited by DarkFlopy.8197)