Video - Ranger WvW Part 3

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Just some WvW fun. Enjoy

http://youtu.be/xFRtYa9FPX8

I really need to start fraps before I go into battle.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Really Nice video man!

Do you have the build?

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Ranger

Posted by: Aioros.4862

Aioros.4862

Nice video.

What are the stats on your gear and accessories?

Thank you.

in Ranger

Sol.4310

I run, Rampagers with Whispers Chest armor and Knights accessories with Berserker jewels, Assassins backpack with Berserker Jewel.

Food also plays a big roll in my build, I use the one that adds (66% chance to life steal with 70+ to precision) and (6/4% toughness = precision).

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

Your build link has a Dagger offhand but you used Warhorn in the video. What stats were you running for your weapons? And what’s your overall stats?

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Sol.4310

Here is the updated link using the horn.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBlYDbEoKyOzyyi1SQ0ewJJhJ+hD9F4UgK/XyoaA;TkAqmMNJay2krJZTLPGZsjA

Shortbow = Power/Precision/Condition Damage
Sword/Horn = Power/Vitality/Condition Damage

When my bows equipped,
Power = 1,662
Precision = 1,875 (2,079 with food) (2,329 with stacks)
Toughness = 1,674
Vitality = 1,116
Condition Damage = 948
Critical Chance = 50% (59% with food) (79% under Fury) (91% full stacks)
Critical Damage = 34

Sword/Horn are little less on different stat’s as I replaced Precision with Vitality.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Ridgeblader.7135

Ridgeblader.7135

I like your choice of music. Takes my back to my younger days.

EDIT: What song starts at ~6:24?

(edited by Ridgeblader.7135)

in Ranger

Sol.4310

The Church Of The Darkside – Dj Tony a.k.a Dozer, I always run 160 hardstyle playlist while I pvp, its only way.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Braxxus.2904

Braxxus.2904

Entertaining vid.

(Had to mute it though, I’m too old to enjoy that music. Just sounded like a dying dot matrix printer amplified through a bullhorn to my ears. lol)

Blackwater Vanguard
Yaks Bend

in Ranger

Posted by: Fjandi.2516

Fjandi.2516

I really enjoyed the video. I knew it was good stuff as soon as i saw the sword/horn setup.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rascabuches.5914

Rascabuches.5914

Great video…. where could I see ur build ?

in Ranger

Sol.4310

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQNBlYDbEoKyOzyyi1SQ0ewJJhJ+hD9F4UgK/XyoaA;TkAqmMNJay2krJZTLPGZsjA

Make sure to copy and paste into browser.

For Item/Food just read up few more posts and there is some info.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

Great Video, and thanks so much for the link to the build. I’m kind of new to Rangers (and to the game as a whole) and found it very helpful. Quick question though if I may, is this build pretty good for PVE and Dungeons as well? Seems like it’s a pretty balanced overall build, just wondering if there are any tweaks you make for PVE? I really like the build and will probably do one very similar to this.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rascabuches.5914

Rascabuches.5914

It says bad link when i try and copy paste ur build… why?

in Ranger

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

It says bad link when i try and copy paste ur build… why?

Copy his link and paste it into your browser address bar. There is some weird thing with the forums where it says links are bad.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

in Ranger

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Nice video- although most of the players u killed seemed to either not see you coming or were pretty terrible at their class.

How do you avoid being rooted/stunned/knocked back or just plain kited using axe? most of those people seemed to just stand around and watch you running in a circle around them.

How does your build fare in group situations/support/siege/defence etc which are the main part of wvw? Personally I tried sword/horn with shortbow and found it not very useful for the majority of the time as i’m not a solo roamer looking for one on ones, and trying to close range against a zerg or even a larger group or good players usually results in painful endings. I tend to run more group orientated builds with max range in mind …suits my playstyle I guess.

Having said that, it is great fun to play this type of build if you like a bit of roaming and for something a bit different !

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Ranger

Sol.4310

@Victory.2879, I don’t think it’s that there terrible player’s or just plan don’t see me coming, It’s got allot to do with my play style, tactics and build. I’ve got a good understand what my builds limits are.

Reason I never get rooted/stunned/knocked back I dodge allot, I use Lightning Reflexes for stuns/roots and RoA for knock backs. I’ve got a general idea of what classes have to offer so I keep that in mind when I go into combat.

I do same thing in 1v1 as I would do in Group fights or Zergs, its my play style I focus fire and that’s what I enjoy.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

in Ranger

Posted by: Ridgeblader.7135

Ridgeblader.7135

; in links cause issues on this forum so whereever you see a link with a semicolon ; in it you will need to copy and paste it.

in Ranger

Posted by: UberLander.8326

UberLander.8326

Wish I could say there was much better. But ranger is not a contender in WvW… Just think if we could hit for 14000 even just once every 60 sec… But the fact is I can’t hit plate for more then 3-4k. That’s the way it is right now. Give it time I’m sure they wil buff slowly each month.

Uber Lander
Black Talons
Blackgate