(Video) Tupro : Rangers Suck Vol. 1

in Ranger

Posted by: Furajir.3815

Furajir.3815

Was my first time recording with afterburner, my camera kept getting stuck at certain points throughought and my fps was taking a dive.

1) I expect flames, build is similair to Faux’s that hes made very popular, although mine has minor adjustments here and there for a more aggressive playstyle. I like to utilize pets to spike at certain points using pet prowess etc. Been experiementing with a few things, I will post build etc later, this was done on a whim and for fun.

Usually running either corruption stacks with mango pie and master crystals, or healing stacks with rare veggie pizza for condi dmg + duration on certain classes that have really good condi removal, such as eles/guards etc. Depending on the build I decide to run, which is usually a variation of Build 1 or 2 linked below.

Enjoy.

Build Variation 1, focusing on regen/vigor etc: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.0|c.1f.h1k.f.1f.h5|7.1f.h1k.8.1f.h6|1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d|31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.2u.0|0.0.u47c.a3.u54c|0.0|4j.4o.4q.4r.0|e

Build variation 2, focusing on more pet condi dmg/critical hits: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.0|c.1f.h1k.f.1f.h5|7.1f.h1k.8.1f.h6|1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d|31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.2u.0|0.a1.u57c.a3.k54|0.0|4j.4o.4q.4r.0|e

Build variation 3, PVE focused: http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/ranger/?6.0|c.1f.h1k.f.1f.h5|7.1f.h1k.8.1f.h6|1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d.1f.71d|31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.31m.0.2u.0|0.u18b.u47c.a3.0|0.0|4j.52.50.4r.0|e

Tupro-Ranger- “The Great White Hype”
Yak’s Bend(TWIN) Racist against Sylvari
RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

HA HA HA!
Bravo! My hats off to you…great vid and Rangers Rock!
I’ve been playing a Ranger since GW1 and been avoiding the use of axes, swords, etc…Rangers use BOWS kitten
But you’ve def changed my mind, I might start a new build the other way around. I can take a hit with my toughness gear, but dmg output is kittene!
Thanks for the vid, really enjoyed it

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Don’t avoid using Axes/Torch/Swords/Daggers just cause it says Ranger..

They’re some of our best weapons.

Hell Sword/Dagger for Ranger is one of the best setups in the game across all classes

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: ski.4927

ski.4927

Was my first time recording with afterburner, my camera kept getting stuck at certain points throughought and my fps was taking a dive.

1) I expect flames, build is similair to Faux’s that hes made very popular, although mine has minor adjustments here and there for a more aggressive playstyle. I like to utilize pets to spike at certain points using pet prowess etc. Been experiementing with a few things, I will post build etc later, this was done on a whim and for fun.

Enjoy.

Great video!

Turkish Krul – Druid

in Ranger

Posted by: Depotboy.6204

Depotboy.6204

Link to build please?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

DAoC much?!? =)

Good Vid Elmoez….er Tupro =P

;)

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

ANVIL ROCK!!!!
Sweet video. You folks always amaze me with your skill.

Is this the same build you used for GS/S,D?

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Thanks all, deffinitely had fun making it, were some thing I could do more of, like using sword 2 to disengage/Catch people, and not killing myself on Retaliation so hard sometimes as a friend pointed out.

RRR Ranger and Warrior videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ElmoezHerra?feature=watch

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

ANVIL ROCK!!!!
Sweet video. You folks always amaze me with your skill.

Is this the same build you used for GS/S,D?

Actually got the GS and s/d I wore soldier everything, weps, armor, trinkets with Runes of melandru and used lemongrass/sharpening stones. I really enjoyed it, but power will only take you so far, I couldn’t take down multiples quite as quickly. I believe I posted it awhile back, if you can’t find it pm me and I’ll look through my messages.

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Nice vid, shows a lot of 1vX which I like

What I don’t like is the minute long dancing sequence that just eats up my bandwidth :P

Adding to the compilation thread!

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Ya haha, thank you, there were deff some parts i could have edited/sped up, but I’m not very tech savvy and was having a hrd time editing as it is. I’ll kepe that in mind for next time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thorson.9218

Thorson.9218

As others have said, nice vid. Your survivability is amazing. You were getting hit and your health was going UP! A linky to your build would be most appreciated. :-)

Come to us, you foes, and bring your flock.
For we will crush your bones on the Anvil Rock!

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Nice video, though I couldn’t help but notice some of your opponents were so bad that they were ignoring you and attacking your pet. The Guardian in that Guard + Ele fight against you is a good example of this.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Nice video, though I couldn’t help but notice some of your opponents were so bad that they were ignoring you and attacking your pet. The Guardian in that Guard + Ele fight against you is a good example of this.

Trust me I know. The sad part was is that these were the “better” players than the people i am constantly steamrolling on a daily basis.

(edited by Furajir.3815)

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

As others have said, nice vid. Your survivability is amazing. You were getting hit and your health was going UP! A linky to your build would be most appreciated. :-)

As soon as I get off work tonight I will update post with build etc.

in Ranger

Posted by: Faux Sheaux.6179

Faux Sheaux.6179

Awesome job Tupro Some crazy deja vu moments haha

Ehmry Bay – Grindhouse Gaming [GH]
Menorah | Charr Cat | Some Cat Thing
Still running my old RRR build because why not

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Haha hey man if the dance moves ain’t broke, don’t fix em.

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Trust me I know. The sad part was is that these were the “better” players than the people i am constantly steamrolling on a daily basis.

Lol, I’m well aware. I’m on Ehmry Bay and we’ve noticed Borliss Pass too :-p We’ve only been stuck in a constant war with you (Anvil Rock) and them for over a month now…

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

You guys have insane numbers at all hours, don’t you guys have job?! Some of adults have to fire up workdays haha

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

You guys have insane numbers at all hours, don’t you guys have job?! Some of adults have to fire up workdays haha

Lol! We don’t have insane numbers at night. I’m one of the youngest players in [PURG] at 27 since most of them are 40+ yrs old.

I have heard some people like Teldec talk about staying up late, but that is some of our college kid population I think.

Normally we’re pretty dead at night, or have been any time I’ve stayed up late while the wife and kids were out of town for the weekend.

<edit>

What you may be noticing is that we have become quite organized. People that have left BP and AR to join our server have been surprised to learn about our Teamspeak situations and the level of cooperation amongst the various guilds.

</edit>
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Well I came from DAoC, played for around 10 years as a solo roamer, I never was into “Realm pride” or cared who had relics etc. The only thing I dislike about GW2’s pvp is the “Nameless Enemy” aspect. I thrived off rivalry and kitten talking in daoc, you could see a players deathspam from another realm, who and where they killed said person and it became a hunt so to speak. So i’ve never been a zerger, I appreciate the against the odds aspect. It’s just something I noticed when I was trying to get map completion for my legendaries for the past few months.

in Ranger

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

lovely! you’ve definitely showed the potentials of Ranger class. /bow @

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Thank you, glad you enjoyed

in Ranger

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I actually did not roll a ranger because I thought their melee dmg output was very small. Are conditions a key part to your build or can you roll power/tough/prec mixed with zerker and still perform?

I am most interested in your build because I only play melee classes. I deleted my thief due to just being the same combo = win and just didn’t feel like my infiltrator/rogue.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

I actually did not roll a ranger because I thought their melee dmg output was very small. Are conditions a key part to your build or can you roll power/tough/prec mixed with zerker and still perform?

I am most interested in your build because I only play melee classes. I deleted my thief due to just being the same combo = win and just didn’t feel like my infiltrator/rogue.

It’s centered around healing/toughness/conditions with emphasis on healing and conditions.

in Ranger

ArtemisEntreri.4138

It’s centered around healing/toughness/conditions with emphasis on healing and conditions.

Yeah, I am trying to figure out what he’s running with and so far I can only make out x/x/20/10/x

Pretty fascinating build.

I love the fact he can go up against guardians and bunker eles and still keep conditions up on the target to win.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Yeah it’s usually 0/10/30/10/20 or 0/0/30/10/30 the first being centered around Pets prowess upping their crit dmg and condition dmg, the second one focusing more so on regens, vigor etc. I may have been a mix of both during this vid, not really sure, wasn’t quite paying attention.

But Faux is correct we have next to no power, all the dmg comes from conditions and being able to sustain/outlast opponents.

Usually running either corruption stacks with mango pie and master crystals, or healing stacks with rare veggie pizza for condi dmg + duration on certain classes that have really good condi removal, such as eles/guards etc.

in Ranger

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Yeah it’s usually 0/10/30/10/20 or 0/0/30/10/30 the first being centered around Pets prowess upping their crit dmg and condition dmg, the second one focusing more so on regens, vigor etc. I may have been a mix of both during this vid, not really sure, wasn’t quite paying attention.

But Faux is correct we have next to no power, all the dmg comes from conditions and being able to sustain/outlast opponents.

Usually running either corruption stacks with mango pie and master crystals, or healing stacks with rare veggie pizza for condi dmg + duration on certain classes that have really good condi removal, such as eles/guards etc.

So then the next question would be can you use your build but with direct damage and not rely so much on condition damage and still have the same effect? I’m pretty bad at managing a pet in any game. I avoided the hunter in WoW because I would be the guy you call Huntard.

By the way, what gear are you using? (can you link a buildcraft?)

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Updated to show build =)

in Ranger

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Updated to show build =)

:D

in Ranger

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Furajir,

Do you know if there is any build similar to yours but focuses on direct dmg than condition damage?

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

Furajir,

Do you know if there is any build similar to yours but focuses on direct dmg than condition damage?

Yes he knows someone who’s doing that twist <whistles innocently>

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Furajir,

No whistling! It’s drawing attention to good rangers! We can’t have people thinking blasphemous things like “rangers might be decent”.

in Ranger

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Furajir,

No whistling! It’s drawing attention to good rangers! We can’t have people thinking blasphemous things like “rangers might be decent”.

You guys are definitely hiding it. I don’t think I have ever fought a ranger in WvW in Tier 1 that I couldn’t handle on my warrior or guardian.

Seeing a melee ranger have such exciting melee attacks and combos is certainly refreshing.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

Furajir,

You guys are definitely hiding it. I don’t think I have ever fought a ranger in WvW in Tier 1 that I couldn’t handle on my warrior or guardian.

Seeing a melee ranger have such exciting melee attacks and combos is certainly refreshing.

I think Rage Expert is the only ranger I’ve ran into randomly in this matchup who has given me trouble on one of my other characters. He didn’t know it was me at the time, but I recognize that Sylvari cultural anywhere. I haven’t had the good fortune to run into Tupro outside of a set-up duel though.

But yeah, it’s a class with awesome potential. The learning curve is just so huge that a lot of people quit it before realizing how good it can be. What you’re left with is a bunch of people complaining on the forums that they can’t do anything. While they are right that a lot of things need to be buffed, reorganized, fix, downright changed, etc, a majority of the people I run into WvW just have no idea what they are doing. You don’t get that as often with other classes, and it gives the ranger class as a whole a bad rep unfortunately.

in Ranger

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I can has link to similar build but with direct dps?

I’ve been trying to build something that has healing power, power, precision, toughness, and crit dmg...

Holy cow batman, it’s tough.

Was hoping to hit 2800+ attack, 40% crit, 50% cdmg, 2700+ armor, and approximately 700 healing power (give or take).

For runes I will probably go with 2 monk, 2 water, 2 earth so I will have 93% increased regen duration and 80% increased protection duration. A lot of vigor coming in so it will help maintain protection uptime. I shall return with a link once I iron it out.

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I think Rage Expert is the only ranger I’ve ran into randomly in this matchup who has given me trouble on one of my other characters. He didn’t know it was me at the time, but I recognize that Sylvari cultural anywhere. I haven’t had the good fortune to run into Tupro outside of a set-up duel though.

But yeah, it’s a class with awesome potential. The learning curve is just so huge that a lot of people quit it before realizing how good it can be. What you’re left with is a bunch of people complaining on the forums that they can’t do anything. While they are right that a lot of things need to be buffed, reorganized, fix, downright changed, etc, a majority of the people I run into WvW just have no idea what they are doing. You don’t get that as often with other classes, and it gives the ranger class as a whole a bad rep unfortunately.

To be fair to a lot of those people, the build you are running is pretty much the bunker sPvP BM ranger build (it was used in the Team Paradigm match on the weekend) and it’s commonly thought of as one of the best 1v1 bunker builds in sPvP. Using it in WvW is similair to using it in hot join PvP, you’re taking a top tier sPvP build into a pub stomping arena. Most of the roamers in WvW are using builds and tactics practised on and tailored to under levelled players, supply camp capping, ganking stragglers or roaming with a zerg etc. A lot of them also have no idea what a bunker ranger is let alone how to counter one.

A ranger bunker build is pretty terrible in zerg fights. It relies heavily on pet DPS which is single target (and easily obliterated) and its conditions are also usually single target. Its greatest strength (sustain) is also far less useful in a zerg – if you get heavy fire, the sustain just won’t keep up unlike in smaller fights. You could run it in a non-roaming capacity but it will probably under-perform compared with some other builds a ranger has (which aren’t anywhere near as good as the bunker when it comes to roaming but much better at sieging towers or hitting multiple targets in the bigger team fights which are common with objective capping in WvW).

A lot of the top tier sPvP ranger builds don’t use bows, at least not for direct damage, and I don’t think I’m exaggerating when I say the majority of rangers want to use bows for direct damage – their WvW builds will reflect that. I don’t think the DPS bow PvP builds are as strong as the bunker ones (I know some bunkers use shortbow). I don’t think rangers suck in WvW but I also don’t think it’s fair to compare a top sPvP bunker build in a roaming video to ranger WvW builds which are usually the same as PvE builds or designed for objective capping and not pub stomping (a lot of the kills in this video were of lower level players and people mining nodes).

There are plenty of other classes filled with players that don’t know what they are doing, a lot of other classes have low skill cap builds (like the d/d ele) which work well in both a roaming and group capacity which is why they are more common in WvW thank bunker rangers. The difference is other classes provide plenty of room for mistakes with their commonly played builds and allow for more skilled players to push it beyond the low skill cap potential. You make too many mistakes on most ranger builds and you are dead (thieves have stealth, d/d eles are tanks with RtL and plenty of heals etc). There’s also the reality of pets seriously hindering you in fights against thieves and mesmers due to stealth and clones. Without the sustain of a bunker build you have a very small window to take these players down (if you ever get that window). The glassier any build is, the more important it is to land your big hits at the right time. A pet can be aided by stuns and snares, but ultimately it’s going to be harder to do this with a ranger because pets have great difficulty against stealth and clones (and to a lesser extent, highly mobile opponents like the D/D builds). Rangers are also in the awkward situations where one of the most optimal equipment sets for this kind of build is also the most expensive in the game (apothecary).

Most rangers won’t run a bunker build in WvW because it’s very niche. Common low skill cap builds from other classes function well in multiple facets of WvW. Using a top tier sPvP build against randoms in WvW probably isn’t saying as much as using the same build in sPvP and having the same success, people are built for the same kind of combat there, in WvW you are often dealing with PvE builds.

in Ranger

Faux Sheaux.6179

I’m not talking about fighting as a ranger against ranger. I’m talking about fighting as another character against a ranger who does not know what they are doing. Whether or not they win doesn’t determine if they are skilled or not. Knowing when to dodge, when to use your skills, when to heal, when to burn your utilities/signets, when to stun, etc etc is what shows skill. So while the BM build isn’t best in group fights, that’s not what I was talking about at all. A lot of rangers don’t know how to play outside of skill spam and autoattack, and it gives the class on a whole a bad rep.

Anywho, sorry to detract from the thread, I wasn’t trying to make this about me or others in the slightest. I was just wanting to complement Tupro who I feel is a pretty good ranger even when not running this build. There’s a guy who knows what to do and when to do it. A lot of players can take note.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Thanks Menorah, same goes for you, but I don’t agree with spvp being compared to wvw as far as classes go. I think spvp has become this entity where people are elitists because of rank and being able to point capture, it’s boring and repetitive, and i don’t think it holds any merit for skill, take the same grp of 5 and stick them in wvw, they won’t accomplish jack.

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

And i already xferred to Ebay to finish map completion =(

in Ranger

Thorson.9218

As soon as I get off work tonight I will update post with build etc.

Thank you. Much appreciated!

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

And i already xferred to Ebay to finish map completion =(

Don’t feign the sad face … you know you want to stay here :-p

Better yourself.

in Ranger

Thorson.9218

I can has link to similar build but with direct dps?

I’ve been trying to build something that has healing power, power, precision, toughness, and crit dmg…

Holy cow batman, it’s tough.

Was hoping to hit 2800+ attack, 40% crit, 50% cdmg, 2700+ armor, and approximately 700 healing power (give or take).

For runes I will probably go with 2 monk, 2 water, 2 earth so I will have 93% increased regen duration and 80% increased protection duration. A lot of vigor coming in so it will help maintain protection uptime. I shall return with a link once I iron it out.

I’ll let the real experts give the details (or not….they seem to be quite silent on this topic), but my assumption is to not go into BM at all and use the pts to go into Skirmishing if you want to be more melee DD or Marksmanship for ranged DD. Beyond that, I’ll have to play a LOT more WvW and see what works. I find a “good” player knows a BM ranger’s strength is in the pet (they figure this out in the first 2 secs of the fight when kitty smacks them for a 2k opening crit), so they just blow the pet up and then you’re a badge. I’d rather go DD and let my pet just add to the dps goodness vs having them as a primary component to it.

If the ranger masters on this thread care to point an uplevel (65….getting there, but WvW leveling can be slow unless you’re a zergling) to a thread/build that meets the above goal, that would be great. PMs work too….I promise not to tell. :-)

And to the OP, did I read your post right and you’ve left AR for EB??? If so…..<sad face>

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Just to finish world completion, then it’s back to AR

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

I have always maintained that the key to having fun on a Ranger was playing to their strengths rather than dwelling on their weakness, most of the Rangers who seem to be having success seem to have realized this fact and have made adjustments accordingly.

I have a Direct Damage setup, I will post when I get home as I am working now. I originally shared it with Tupro but it seems like I should put it out there for those who dont like to run condition damage

Thorson feel free to PM me if you like

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

I agree with this piece of sylvari trash ^^ =)

in Ranger

Furajir.3815

Bump for a friend

in Ranger

Sarlack.4096

Bump for a friend

Attention Kitten =)

cough bump

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

Awesome ! Great to see rangers are on the rise. Skilled players with good builds = very strong class.

I switched from condition build to power build. Not because condition doesn’t work, because it definitely does. I switched because I prefer SB. I have always preferred bows, and for an average player like myself SB is less labor intensive (less multi tasking)

Attack and defense are both 3000 and my healing is 1500 with my 25 stacks. I win far more than I lose.

The funny thing is I also like my Warrior. He is semi GC. I take him out solo and I am probably 50/50 win/loss with him. He puts up some crazy high damage numbers that make me giggle like a schoolgirl. Then I lose a couple of 1v1 to the same guy who then proceeds to emote me. So I release, switch to my Ranger and kill him over and over until he logs or leaves the map.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

in Ranger

Posted by: ExpiredLifetime.1083

ExpiredLifetime.1083

I actually run a pure glass cannon zerker BM build for WvW due to the fact that I find myself always either leading a group of people, or chasing a guildie that’s leading. In that situation, I want to put as much hurt on someone as quickly as I can – BM zerker does it for me.

Essentially my mindset is that I’m focusing on downsizing the enemy force as quickly as I can, either by killing one or making one pull back out of the fight due to taking too much damage – either of those situations results in one less weapon being used against my side.

(edited by ExpiredLifetime.1083)