Vigor nerf and rangers

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Well, with all hype around we hardly touched on this subject: “Vigor: Decreased the endurance regeneration rate from 100% to 50%.” Ya, its across the board nerf but for rangers I think the impact is higher(our defence is evade base). If you think about it our minor – Natural Vigor: Increases your endurance regeneration by 20%. = 40% vigor uptime , The food -“Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew” = 80% vigor uptime – which make this boon just useless
I can accept the vigr nerf but atleast let the endurance regeneration bonuses stack up to 100%, that way it will actually insentivise players to still care about their vigor uptime.

Thouts?

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

To be fair, it isn’t that big of a deal. At least we won’t be having our arguably most infamous trait nerfed because of it. I’m honestly glad for this change, dodgespam was boring.

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I would think any class that get a higher uptime of endurance that is not from vigor alone would suffer less, that would be us and thieves what others have this as a trait? personally I never relied on vigor on any of my builds so to me this just weakens the ones that could pretty much spam vigor, we also have more weapon evades than pretty much any class and if you combine that with quick draw it makes us even less affected.

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

To be fair, it isn’t that big of a deal. At least we won’t be having our arguably most infamous trait nerfed because of it. I’m honestly glad for this change, dodgespam was boring.

Ya, I can accept the nerf but it makes the boon vigor just trash. Even with my suggestion the nerf to vigor will exist and will have imcat on the game but keep the motivation of a player to build aroud “evasive builds” and to look for ways to get vigor. It can even stack the same way damage reduction stacks, this way it will have diminishing returns.

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

We took a 5% nerf to Natural Vigor, that is 0.25s more for each dodge. Not worth thinking about really.

The vigor nerf has actually made us more powerful, since we got lots of access to Weakness, which totally counters Vigor now, as well as that, we have a lot of evades via skills.

The Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew has never stacked with our Natural Vigor trait or Vigor.

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

We took a 5% nerf to Natural Vigor, that is 0.25s more for each dodge. Not worth thinking about really.

The vigor nerf has actually made us more powerful, since we got lots of access to Weakness, which totally counters Vigor now, as well as that, we have a lot of evades via skills.

The Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew has never stacked with our Natural Vigor trait or Vigor.

Ya i know, vigor used to be 100% endurance regen, so no stacking with other things. What i’m saying that now the food is almost 100% vigor uptime. Can you think about a food that give passive 80% regen /swiftness/protaction uptime? Its just making the boon bad. Boon should be somewhat meaningful. Keep the cap at 100% and make it stack multytive(not realy a must – it will take vigor , food and traits to reach to 100% regen(or close to it if it stacking multytive).

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Ah, yeah, well I’m betting the food gets nerfed by half. They obviously think that dodging is far too frequent.

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Vigor still useless on pets. I am salty.

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’m actually really happy about them nerfing vigor, because it makes Ranger better against everyone else.

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

Playing Sword/Dagger, LR, Natural Vigor and Companion’s Defense i had, for a long time, the luxury to waste a dodge to repositionning or simply proc Protection (actually dodging nothing) half the time with no penalties. I’ll need to loose this bad habit for sure now. Evade Ranger will still be a thing.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

There is one thing I thought about that might give ranger an edge if true. It’s possible that endurance regeneration will still be capped at 100% and Vigor will only go to 50%. This would mean that the 20% endurance regeneration trait might trigger on top of Vigor to a 70% increased Endurance regeneration.

Definitely something worth testing once the patch hits.

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Playing Sword/Dagger, LR, Natural Vigor and Companion’s Defense i had, for a long time, the luxury to waste a dodge to repositionning or simply proc Protection (actually dodging nothing) half the time with no penalties. I’ll need to loose this bad habit for sure now. Evade Ranger will still be a thing.

This is incredibly annoying habit and I just can’t get seem to be able to cure myself from it! /Signing on vigorehab for the weekend

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

Vigor nerf and rangers

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

There is one thing I thought about that might give ranger an edge if true. It’s possible that endurance regeneration will still be capped at 100% and Vigor will only go to 50%. This would mean that the 20% endurance regeneration trait might trigger on top of Vigor to a 70% increased Endurance regeneration.

Definitely something worth testing once the patch hits.

That all i’m asking…