Vine Surge: Should be a knock down.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Vine surge should be a knock down instead a immobilise.

That way the skill could be an interrupt (synergy with moment of clarity) and also would have synergy with Ancestral Grace.
It’s supposed to do 7 impacts to up 3 targets but actually do just once per target.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I have to agree here.
The skill has a long cooldown, we have no way to track debilitating effects on allies (since bad UI) and the delay on actual effect of the skill is way too long plus has a high chance to miss because of targeting mechanic.

Having more reward on this ability would feel just right.

+1

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d rather have a longer immobilize duration than change it to a knockdown. I think that’d be more useful and fit better thematically.

But since they probably aren’t going to increase the immob duration significantly due to the rare chance of hitting an enemy multiple times and getting double duration (their big “buff” was a half-second boost from the first beta)… yah. Make it a knockdown instead, sure. Ancient Seeds synergy would be pretty nice.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I want the skill to be buffed, but not by adding more hard cc to the game. Too much cc flying around. Don’t think it would be good to have another 1200 ranged kd in the game coming from Staff.

Instead I would like the cast time to be reduced to like 1/4s. There is literally 0 things to dodge on staff. Would like to see us get a skill that people should have to dodge or get punished.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

this skill is hilariously lackluster. it is incredibly easy to avoid except in melee range and it barely does anything when it lands so what’s the point of using it? lol.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

It’s supposed to do 7 impacts to up 3 targets but actually do just once per target.

I think this is a bit of a mis understanding. If you hit 1-3 targets it’s not meant to hit 7 times. Each individual impact can hit 3 targets. So what you’re typically seeing when you use this skill is one of the impacts is hitting one of the targets. You could actually hit 21 targets with this skill if every target was perfectly spaced. But those 21 targets would only get hit/immobilized once.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Would rather have the base immobilization upped from 1½s to 2s and the number of targets increased from 3 to 5.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

I would like it to be a big kitten aoe instead, so it functions better overall, hits more targets and so we can kitten off those pesky defenders on walls in WvW…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

a daze added would be better than knockdown.

Don’t want another spike trap treatment where it is getting eaten by no-skill auto stability.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Maybe the vines should surge out from the Druid in a ring instead of being a line skill. I think that would help with the ally support part at least.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Maybe the vines should surge out from the Druid in a ring instead of being a line skill. I think that would help with the ally support part at least.

Yeah 1500 range circle where I don’t have to aim, just push button. Make it kd, remove 3 boons, give 10stacks of might, 10sec of fury, 10sec protection AND maybe 5k heal. Although that heal might have to be toned down a bit or the skill might be called OP. Probably bump the heal down to 4k like guardian staff skill Empower.

I think this would be fair considering we are the most nerfed class in all of gw1&2 history.

Okies back to Queensdale farming on my staff guardian until anet makes staff druid viable there.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Yeah 1500 range circle where I don’t have to aim, just push button. Make it kd, remove 3 boons, give 10stacks of might, 10sec of fury, 10sec protection AND maybe 5k heal. Although that heal might have to be toned down a bit or the skill might be called OP. Probably bump the heal down to 4k like guardian staff skill Empower.

I think this would be fair considering we are the most nerfed class in all of gw1&2 history.

Okies back to Queensdale farming on my staff guardian until anet makes staff druid viable there.

Yawn. Wasn’t even funny bud.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

I was being seriously sarcastic.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

I think this is a bit of a mis understanding. If you hit 1-3 targets it’s not meant to hit 7 times. Each individual impact can hit 3 targets. So what you’re typically seeing when you use this skill is one of the impacts is hitting one of the targets. You could actually hit 21 targets with this skill if every target was perfectly spaced. But those 21 targets would only get hit/immobilized once.

Still only hit once per target. It’s supposes to hit 7 times = immo (7 seconds 1 target/ 2 times at least 3 targets) .

That does not happen ever. The skill is just bugged or the tooltip is trash.

Daze could be a good idea but with the skill art would be better Stun, but will Anet make it happen?
Better synergy with Moment of Clarity, let’s say 1 second Stun so it can become 2 seconds.

Immo right now seems bugged or they changed the skill to not work like the tooltip says. In any case the skill is completely trash, we need more time immobilised or stun/daze.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Still only hit once per target. It’s supposes to hit 7 times = immo (7 seconds 1 target/ 2 times at least 3 targets) .

Daze could be a good idea but with the skill art would be better Stun, but will Anet make it happen?
Better synergy with Moment of Clarity, let’s say 1 second Stun so it can become 2 seconds.

Immo right now seems bugged or they changed the skill to not work like the tooltip says. In any case the skill is completely trash, we need more time immobilised or stun/daze.

it has 7 impact aoes, each impact can hit 3 targets. A target is only going to be present in one of the impact fields so they are hit only once.

(player) → [aoe][aoe][aoe][aoe][aoe][aoe][aoe] (1200 range)

when I suggested daze I meant to keep immobilize too. So if they have stability they still are stuck. If they got resistance or strong -% condition duration they may still be dazed to prevent skill usage momentarily. Daze does get affected by MoC. I’m not sure you knew that by your wording.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Yeah I know. And it wasn’t funny.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Because it wasn’t meant to be captain. Seriously sarcastic.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

it has 7 impact aoes, each impact can hit 3 targets. A target is only going to be present in one of the impact fields so they are hit only once.

(player) -> [aoe][aoe][aoe][aoe][aoe][aoe][aoe] (1200 range)

when I suggested daze I meant to keep immobilize too. So if they have stability they still are stuck. If they got resistance or strong -% condition duration they may still be dazed to prevent skill usage momentarily. Daze does get affected by MoC. I’m not sure you knew that by your wording.

Yeah, but Immo and Stun (stun is also affected by MoC i think you didn’t know that) is too strong, the cries from the QQing thieves would cover the skies and we would see a nerf pure bristleback style (16K hp?? fraking seriously?? where is the lead balance designer that deserves an slap? ). Have you seen how fast they reverted the change to need a target to use steal?? they need an actual target, thieves complain, no need a target anymore to steal, you can steal from nowhere, hey we are thieves!!!

So i would be happy just with 1 sec stun by target.

The immo is just a joke, a something to justify the 20 seconds CD.
We need some skill to synergy with the traits we have within the druid traitline, and stun (or daze) would be an amazing idea.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

k. Just keep trying to derail threads with your “sarcasm” then. Don’t forget to sprinkle in a little bit about your leet status.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

k. Just keep trying to derail threads with your “sarcasm” then. Don’t forget to sprinkle in a little bit about your leet status.

Life is too short.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Life is too short.

Maybe you are too salty and i understand that. Anet made your ascended ammulet, just for you and me: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vial_of_Salt

The point here is we work united at least we will get heard, not like Anet will do anything but at least they will heard us. I showed you the recent thieves example and your sarcasm do not help.

So dude if you are just a troll, a farming casual ranger that use the druid just for the speed boost, or simply don’t have anything useful to say just do us a favor and refrain from sharing your sarcasm with us.

We need people to seriously complain about everything that is so wrong, unfinished and extremely unbalanced only with the ranger/druid and with the amount of trolls in this subforum we don’t need another.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

That way the skill could be an interrupt (synergy with moment of clarity) and also would have synergy with Ancestral Grace.

so wait. you guys think vine surge, which does hit 7 times mind you, should be a knock down? And that does not strike you as ridiculous and/or overpowered? this is a stupid idea.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

so wait. you guys think vine surge, which does hit 7 times mind you, should be a knock down? And that does not strike you as ridiculous and/or overpowered? this is a stupid idea.

Yes, if you have read the thread you could have seen how the vine surge only hit once per target so the immo is trash.
Knockdown or stun would be great instead of that immo.

If you would have played with rager you could have already seen that.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Justine.6351

Yeah, but Immo and Stun (stun is also affected by MoC i think you didn’t know that) is too strong,

Ofcoarse I know it affects daze/stun.

And I suggested daze/immobilize. Immobilize isn’t a joke. Expect to see it used more and more in pvp formats. Its a lot easier to negate or break a stun(s) than it is to have a source of condi immunity/resistance to negate immobilize or a strong condi cleanse to uncover it.

Anet devs know this and it is why we are seeing multiple traits with -%duration/removal for movement imparing conditions.

in Ranger

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

maybe i’m just confused, but vine surge does hit 7 times. now, players may be able to break out of it before it hits all seven times, but if they do not use some ability that breaks immortalize it hits 7 times. a knock down would literally break it in two ways. one, it would mean that stun breaks would be able to get out of it. there are far more stun breaks than immortalize breaks, two, it would mean that it would be 7 hits as an interrupt. which against anyone who is out of stun breaks, or a class that is not stun break heavy would totally overwhelm them. this game dose not need anymore interrupts, what it needs is someone to to take a hard look at buggy mechanics to fix them. Pet pathing, Staff1, shouts that actually do something, Glitches that can be exploited need to be fixed (and anyone who says fixing them is a nerf is just angry that they cannot abuse the glitch) i do not think that we need to change an elite skill which is actually really awesome when there are so many other’s that need fixed.

in Ranger

Justine.6351

maybe i’m just confused, but vine surge does hit 7 times. now, players may be able to break out of it before it hits all seven times, but if they do not use some ability that breaks immortalize it hits 7 times. a knock down would literally break it in two ways. one, it would mean that stun breaks would be able to get out of it. there are far more stun breaks than immortalize breaks, two, it would mean that it would be 7 hits as an interrupt. which against anyone who is out of stun breaks, or a class that is not stun break heavy would totally overwhelm them. this game dose not need anymore interrupts, what it needs is someone to to take a hard look at buggy mechanics to fix them. Pet pathing, Staff1, shouts that actually do something, Glitches that can be exploited need to be fixed (and anyone who says fixing them is a nerf is just angry that they cannot abuse the glitch) i do not think that we need to change an elite skill which is actually really awesome when there are so many other’s that need fixed.

it does not hit the same person 7 times. Well unless they where traveling really fast with the skills attack direction (pretty sure not possible speed).

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

You’re talking about Entangle. Vine surge is the #4 skill on staff

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

Yeah, but Immo and Stun (stun is also affected by MoC i think you didn’t know that) is too strong,

And I suggested daze/immobilize. Immobilize isn’t a joke. Expect to see it used more and more in pvp formats. Its a lot easier to negate or break a stun(s) than it is to have a source of condi immunity/resistance to negate immobilize or a strong condi cleanse to uncover it.

Anet devs know this and it is why we are seeing multiple traits with -%duration/removal for movement imparing conditions.

Immobilise is no joke but how is implemented in the staff and the vines it is.

That you can get out from the vines in Entangle or Ancestral Grace with a dodge is a joke.

Those vines have to apply immo every second for the duration of themselves so the affected has to actually kill the vines and not just a dodge.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Immobilise is no joke but how is implemented in the staff and the vines it is.

That you can get out from the vines in Entangle or Ancestral Grace with a dodge is a joke.

Those vines have to apply immo every second for the duration of themselves so the affected has to actually kill the vines and not just a dodge.

You can’t dodge out of the roots. People are able to get out of the roots if they run any -condi duration rune or trait because the root pulses every second.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Make it kd, remove 3 boons, give 10stacks of might, 10sec of fury, 10sec protection AND maybe 5k heal.

Oh, so, like a Herald revenant ?

As for Vine Surge, it’s so bad in comparison to Coalescence of Ruin. The latter one is faster, bigger aoe, more reliable and do huge damage (might as well be an AA).

Not that Vine Surge should be like CoR, but it should give a punch with such a long cooldown. I only use it when I get chased and aim it behind, that’s it.

See you in 2-3 months for a ’’balance’’ patch.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

the skill doesnt even work most of the time. and hard to land as is…