Warhorn and Pet F2 skills

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Question since I can’t test right now.

If you warhorn 5, do the blind/taunt procs from traits count as unblockable attacks? Or are they limited to attacks that come directly from your pet?

If you swap pets, after warhorn, does the unblockable effect apply to the 2nd pet?

Does warhorn trait in MM also apply unblockable attacks?

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

+1 would like to know too

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Just tested it. Yes, it makes Pet traits unblockable, applies to Clarion Bond and applies it to the newly swapped Pet.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Just tested it. Yes, it makes Pet traits unblockable, applies to Clarion Bond and applies it to the newly swapped Pet.

Best. Change. Ever.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Bo~rn to-be Wi~ild!

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Best. Change. Ever.

Hotfix incoming.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If you swap pets, after warhorn, does the unblockable effect apply to the 2nd pet?

It’s a boon applied to the currently out pet. Swapping pets will not transfer the boon.
It works the same way the damage buff from “Sic Em” does essentially.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Posted by: bloodpyrope.8630

bloodpyrope.8630

Ohhhh. Interesting.

A way to get through mesmer, rev, warrior and DH blocks could be very good. Especially since those builds were barely touched.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Yes nothing is funnier when a guard thinks he’s safe in shelter and BOOM bet eats em. People don’t realize how kitten of a buff we got.

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

This will be quite funny with tiger + BM + MM.

Sadly the internal cooldowns don’t really synergize

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Ohhhh. Interesting.

A way to get through mesmer, rev, warrior and DH blocks could be very good. Especially since those builds were barely touched.

And those builds rely almost solely on blocks to stay alive.

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Enjoy it while it lasts, it will be reverted or the very least nerfed to 1-2 seconds of unblockability. The crying will be immense, especially if this works with the trait on pet swap.

We all know what happened with an unblockable taunt, this is the same thing but with every pet skill.

Like I said, enjoy it while it lasts, because it won’t be long.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Enjoy it while it lasts, it will be reverted or the very least nerfed to 1-2 seconds of unblockability. The crying will be immense, especially if this works with the trait on pet swap.

We all know what happened with an unblockable taunt, this is the same thing but with every pet skill.

Like I said, enjoy it while it lasts, because it won’t be long.

2 seconds would be fine for smokescale/bristleback, it would just make it useless for every other pet.

So….. yeah, that sounds like the kind of change they would make…. you know, a change that makes no sense.
Either that or they will flat out reverse it.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

It works as intended. a.net incentivise us to use tools which are completely out of meta like WH and MM traitlines. Also some synergie with SK(quickdraw) which let you use horn much more rapidly.

Regarding taunt:
Dont forget taunt got nerf to 20 sec CD on last patch, comparing it to the pre-hot taunt is laughable.
used to be 12 sec cd, unblockble and unevadable. only requirements were range and and F2 out of cd.

now, 20 sec CD, unblockble only when used with other skill -requirements are range+ F2 out of cd+COTW/CB out of cd(+F4 out of cd if you use CB). basiclly its unspammble combo, which requiers active play, and thats what a.net should need to support more.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Unblockable AoE fear from wolf could become loltastic on hazardous maps… Not to mention the Sic’em/SotH damage spike.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’m a fan of Jaguar F2 taunt + unblockable, they have to stand there staring at nothing as their face is ripped off.

in Ranger

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Yes nothing is funnier when a guard thinks he’s safe in shelter and BOOM bet eats em. People don’t realize how kitten of a buff we got.

Yes we do realize how good that buff is (rev/Dh player here)
Will be seeing a lot more power rangers next season me thinks.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Not to be that person but.. I wouldn’t get too attached to this, this is too good to be true so it will be taken away sooner or later.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

It works as intended. a.net incentivise us to use tools which are completely out of meta like WH and MM traitlines. Also some synergie with SK(quickdraw) which let you use horn much more rapidly.

Regarding taunt:
Dont forget taunt got nerf to 20 sec CD on last patch, comparing it to the pre-hot taunt is laughable.
used to be 12 sec cd, unblockble and unevadable. only requirements were range and and F2 out of cd.

now, 20 sec CD, unblockble only when used with other skill -requirements are range+ F2 out of cd+COTW/CB out of cd(+F4 out of cd if you use CB). basiclly its unspammble combo, which requiers active play, and thats what a.net should need to support more.

Amen to that. I hope Anet sticks to their guns on this aspect. People should be glad it applies to the Pet only and the synergy for this to be effective on a swap requires 2 lines, one of which is non-meta and about direct damage.

It’s one of the changes this patch that gives Rangers a use and to be a counter to other professions that bunker behind chaining blocks after Druid effectiveness was reduced. I dare say, it’s almost balanced.

Someone pinch me, because I might be losing my mind agreeing with Anet’s changes. o_O

in Ranger

Spartacus.3192

I made a base power ranger last night to test with LB Sw/WH and holy sh8t, perma fury, regen, swiftness, 25 might stacks and even protection. And now unblockable pet damage. It looks good. I gotta figure out how to fight this when im on my DH. Any tips would be appreciated because that burst damage being unblockable is just intense.

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

I made a base power ranger last night to test with LB Sw/WH and holy sh8t, perma fury, regen, swiftness, 25 might stacks and even protection. And now unblockable pet damage. It looks good. I gotta figure out how to fight this when im on my DH. Any tips would be appreciated because that burst damage being unblockable is just intense.

I’m gonna assume its the typical shout ranger.

Burst their pet down. Shuts down their shout skills (WHaO, guard, and partially SotP, protect me). After that, it is an easy win since they’ve lost a lot of sustain and DPS.

in Ranger

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

I’m gonna assume its the typical shout ranger.

Burst their pet down. Shuts down their shout skills (WHaO, guard, and partially SotP, protect me). After that, it is an easy win since they’ve lost a lot of sustain and DPS.

Pretty much this

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Ranger

Spartacus.3192

Thanks I was told to burst pets in the past but last season rangers would just swap pets whenever it got low HP so was really hard to take down that pet. So the general advice was forget pet and go for ranger.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

The “burst the pet”strat is exactly why I love using jaguars, a lot of people mistake the stealth with a swap lol, pair it with a bear or drake or some other fat tanky pet to soak hits and not worry about needing CDs and you’re guaranteed a short swap.

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

The “burst the pet”strat is exactly why I love using jaguars, a lot of people mistake the stealth with a swap lol, pair it with a bear or drake or some other fat tanky pet to soak hits and not worry about needing CDs and you’re guaranteed a short swap.

I’ve never gotten any of the cat/bird family pets to work in WvW after HoT. They couldn’t keep up with the power creep and a lot can happen during the 20s/16s pet swap cooldown.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’ve never gotten any of the cat/bird family pets to work in WvW after HoT. They couldn’t keep up with the power creep and a lot can happen during the 20s/16s pet swap cooldown.

I don’t remember any pet other than bears and drakes working in any large scale WvW since our pets just kittening evaporate in the AoE there… I was talking more of sPvP and WvW skirmishes.

Granted, Jaguar works decently in WvW because of the stealth, you can send him in, stealth him, have him maul a squishy for a little bit then swap him to something fat and tanks and repeat in ~15s

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

its certainly a strong upgrade it renew my interest in GS remorseless builds, or just switching the dagger for WH in the stock mender build

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Warhorn is still meh to me still. they need to buff number 4.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Warhorn is still meh to me still. they need to buff number 4.

Yeah, I still think it should either have boon-hate or apply blindness.

NSPride <3

in Ranger

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

WH is by far the best offhand in the game in all games in any time in any universe.

No, it is fun, the 5th skill I’m happy with; 4th, yeah it lacks, it’s cool animation, vuln stacks are a lot; but w/o WH CD trait it’s LONG and > compared to dagger/axe 4.

And, tho with the windbourne notes trait WH is imo nice, in PvP/WvW if you go Nature Magic u kinda need/should take evasive Purity. Thus, making WH still supbar to other offhands.

But these changes make Marksmenship and Call of The Wild trait the clear winner over WH itself.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

in Ranger

Eleazar.9478

Lol when I duel people they say oh it’s your pet, so I swap and try birds and such, it’s annoying that the pet the whole fight could not land even 1 attack and dies to the slighted bit of cleave/aoe.

Someone made a video awhile back and showed how a moaed pet is better than a regular pet

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Yep, WH is BAD for anything not using the CD trait. That is, the WH CDs are way too long to begin with.

Running MM also hurts because you have to leave behind NM most likely, and if you do that you lose boon share and overall survivability. MM/NM/BM is fine for bursts, but if anything with any conditions comes by whatsoever…

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Yep, WH is BAD for anything not using the CD trait. That is, the WH CDs are way too long to begin with.

We can’t expect Call of the Wild to be reduced without some sort of consequence. Would people consider Call of the Wild cooldown be reduced from 30s to 25s at the cost of a 5-second reduction to the might, fury, and swiftness?

Hunter’s Call seems fine (to me) after they reduced the cooldown last patch from 25s to 20s. I still wish it summoned birds on 3 targets, but I’ll take what I can get.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Lol when I duel people they say oh it’s your pet, so I swap and try birds and such, it’s annoying that the pet the whole fight could not land even 1 attack and dies to the slighted bit of cleave/aoe.

Someone made a video awhile back and showed how a moaed pet is better than a regular pet

Lol that was actually me who did that xD

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

I’ve not heard much about our moas since they got there auto attack range increased. They’re are not the go to pet in pvp, so no wonder. Still, would be interesting to hear peoples opinions about them now – did the extended reach help them land their attacks, or is it as bad as it’s always been?

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(edited by OGDeadHead.8326)

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

I’ve not heard much about our moas since they got there auto attack range increased. They’re are not the go to pet in pvp, so now wonder. Still, would be interesting to hear peoples opinions about them now – did the extended reach help them land their attacks, or is it as bad as it’s always been?

No. Because Anet only extended the attack range of their auto attack, Moas can hit a moving target very slightly more than before. Unfortunately, they share the same issues as birds since their other attacks still have a 130 attack range.

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I’ve not heard much about our moas since they got there auto attack range increased. They’re are not the go to pet in pvp, so no wonder. Still, would be interesting to hear peoples opinions about them now – did the extended reach help them land their attacks, or is it as bad as it’s always been?

The Moas land them more often than they used to (which was never) and now their pecking extravaganza move is buffed and actually useful, making them pretty solid in the support pet department.

However, they don’t do a ton of damage, and they have issues hitting people with more than base move speed, I really wish they’d just make our pets work like Mia Morph where every attack lunges them at their target (think pre rework sword)

in Ranger

Eleazar.9478

I really wish they’d just make our pets work like Mia Morph where every attack lunges them at their target (think pre rework sword)

Oh Lord plz anet That would really open up some more pet diversity. I love the birds but in 1v1s I’ll literally watch them get walked away from.