Warrior Vs Ranger

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Hello Rangers, im comming here as a Veteran Warrior, and i must say i had an encounter with a really skilled Ranger last match, usually i find Rangers no difficult at all to beat, but this one was a challenge, he make me look like a fool trying to hit him haha.

Im a power dual sword/lb, he was a ShortBow/Sw,D using Lynx as a pet (saw no pet swap), lots of regen, decent burst and cond at the same time, really fast moves, i thought he was even using hacks hehe, but the strangest thing was that he could bunk a lot of dmg aswell.

I got a dust alt Ranger, would like to know what build could be that one? Its a playstyle i like, but never had “sucess” playing it.

Regards.

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Condi bunker. He was using Nature’s Voice and probably Shout Mastery, all points in vitality, toughness and condition damage, armor usually focused on condi damage and healing. Perma regen.

Damage is kitten, but if you stick around and fight them, you’ll probably lose.

Lynx gives them a big “power” boost. Cats hit hard without referencing the ranger’s traits.

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Sevans.4619

Sevans.4619

Was this WvW or sPvP?

Saethe — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Maguuma

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

lol, power ranger sb/s-d can also go head to head with a warrior no problem… u don’t need perma regen to 1v1 a warrior :P

I know u said decent condis, so he might have been running a celestial setup if he also was able to tank and still have decent direct dmg

tho, if u saw a permanent regen boon on him, he was more than likely apothecary regen ranger build

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Forzani.2584

Forzani.2584

lol, power ranger sb/s-d can also go head to head with a warrior no problem… u don’t need perma regen to 1v1 a warrior :P

I know u said decent condis, so he might have been running a celestial setup if he also was able to tank and still have decent direct dmg

tho, if u saw a permanent regen boon on him, he was more than likely apothecary regen ranger build

Sometimes I feel like I am playing a different game …or maybe an alternative galaxy. If I only played a Ranger then I really couldn’t comment one way or the other. Same as if I only played a Warrior.

Since 40% of my WvW time is on Warrior and 45% is on my Ranger I can comment.

When on my Ranger I beat Warriors maybe 25% of the time. When I am on my Warrior I beat Rangers about 90% of the time.

How some Rangers consider Warriors as an easy fight confuses me……since that isn’t the case for me when I play both classes.

When someone uses the word ‘Meta’, a kitten dies. Don’t do it.

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

I main a ranger, warrior, and ele (although I play every class). I still think warriors are OP lol, honestly, they are too easy to play and have a much larger reward. But, if ur rlly having trouble, the easiest way to 1v1 them is to take it slow. Look at their animations and attacks and dodge the ones you need to. Its the easiest way to beat them imo.

That’s, again, for if u rlly have a hard time fighting warriors.

Idk, personally, they’re just easy to fight imo. lol

I win maybe 90-95%+ against warriors, in spvp, I pretty much only lose to Vassangel, and even then, its always a close match. He ends with around 10-20% health nearly every time. The only other specs I would have trouble with are cheese shouts/like 5 stance, double endure pain, condi resistant, dogged march, -100% condi duration, full dire warriors. again, lol.

Same goes for if im a warrior. Against other rangers, I win probably around 95% of the time. Lol, the other 5% are the good regen rangers that are pretty hard to kill. Those usually end in a stalemate for me.

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Hello Rangers, im comming here as a Veteran Warrior, and i must say i had an encounter with a really skilled Ranger last match, usually i find Rangers no difficult at all to beat, but this one was a challenge, he make me look like a fool trying to hit him haha.

Im a power dual sword/lb, he was a ShortBow/Sw,D using Lynx as a pet (saw no pet swap), lots of regen, decent burst and cond at the same time, really fast moves, i thought he was even using hacks hehe, but the strangest thing was that he could bunk a lot of dmg aswell.

I got a dust alt Ranger, would like to know what build could be that one? Its a playstyle i like, but never had “sucess” playing it.

Regards.

If you fought a BM regen bunker with SB and SWD last night. If it was in sPvP trolololQ in EU, that might have been me.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

I main a ranger, warrior, and ele (although I play every class). I still think warriors are OP lol, honestly, they are too easy to play and have a much larger reward. But, if ur rlly having trouble, the easiest way to 1v1 them is to take it slow. Look at their animations and attacks and dodge the ones you need to. Its the easiest way to beat them imo.

That’s, again, for if u rlly have a hard time fighting warriors.

Idk, personally, they’re just easy to fight imo. lol

I win maybe 90-95%+ against warriors, in spvp, I pretty much only lose to Vassangel, and even then, its always a close match. He ends with around 10-20% health nearly every time. The only other specs I would have trouble with are cheese shouts/like 5 stance, double endure pain, condi resistant, dogged march, -100% condi duration, full dire warriors. again, lol.

Same goes for if im a warrior. Against other rangers, I win probably around 95% of the time. Lol, the other 5% are the good regen rangers that are pretty hard to kill. Those usually end in a stalemate for me.

Well that is more logical. It doesn’t matter which class, you out skill your opponent. So because you beat Warriors easily doesn’t mean Rangers are strong or Warriors are weak….it just means you play better than your opponent.

Edit: This is in WvW

(edited by Forzani.2584)

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Sevans.4619

With the exception of heal-on-shout S/S, LB condi warriors, I trash most warriors in WvW with my LB, S/D power build.

I think many Warrior players just don’t bother learning how to fight 1v1. They slide by on some dumb 100B gimmick so often that they don’t care to learn other strategies.

Also, Ranger poison uptime is huge in this match-up. We’re one of the few classes that can really kick Healing Signet in the teeth.

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Sometimes I feel like I am playing a different game …or maybe an alternative galaxy. If I only played a Ranger then I really couldn’t comment one way or the other. Same as if I only played a Warrior.

Since 40% of my WvW time is on Warrior and 45% is on my Ranger I can comment.

When on my Ranger I beat Warriors maybe 25% of the time. When I am on my Warrior I beat Rangers about 90% of the time.

How some Rangers consider Warriors as an easy fight confuses me……since that isn’t the case for me when I play both classes.

I mostly agree with this, most warriors are fairly easy aside from ss/bow on my ranger though but even though I consider myself to be 10 times the player on my ranger it’s just ridiculously much easier to kill other rangers while playing warrior than the other way round.

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

Ive beaten a few warriors built for dueling (axe/sword and lb) as BM with celestial.
That said, even as full regen (healing/tough/cond damage necklace) you cant stay on a point vs hambow with might runes. Possible to kill them, eventually, if you can kite and they stick around; but then hambow is more of a team fighter/game mode build so why would they be dueling with it?
Any other ranger build is laughably underpowered vs any almost any warrior build.
Full bunker-damage is pitiful; power ranger damage can be good if full zerker but lol how did i just instantly die? Traps are similar but without the range advantage lol and spirits wont win any 1v1’s anymore. ./shrug

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

if ur fighting on point, u need s/d lol, no matter what. healing spring could help

though many run spirits (I do as well), traps are actually pretty good for holding down a point

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQRAnY8fjEqUua7K2rw1aABhaVA0+FS2WgkittenBbQBraA-TJhHwACeCAv2fAwJBAZZAA

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Sevans.4619

In sPvP I’ve had luck going toe-to-toe with condi warriors with a celestial BM hybrid. Not worth kitten in a team fight, though.

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Regards.

If you lost the match, sounds like it maybe, might have been us!
Either way, this is/was my set up;
Short bow, Sword, Dagger, Lynx
Skills: Troll Unguent, Protect Me (pet), Regen, Toughness signet
Armour stats: Pwr, Prec, Toughness with 6 Runes of the Ranger
Weapon stats: Main on Condi.

(edited by Pure Heart.1456)

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Reganov.3569

Reganov.3569

I bet he was Poison Master BM. It makes 1v1’s pretty easy.

Wolfred Darkwater – Fort Aspenwood

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

I bet he was Poison Master BM. It makes 1v1’s pretty easy.

Hehe, using PM when dueling warriors is quite embarrassing for them.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: dylan.5409

dylan.5409

The 1 proff where this trait is good lol (provided their not cond outside of LB)

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Forzani.2584

Put a few hours into the Ranger today after not having played him for a few weeks …been playing Warrior. Crazy culture shock. Played a semi-glass LB. You need to be on your toes at all times. It feels like the Ranger goes from full HPs to almost none in a flash. I guess having lower hps…toughness, and not having 1600 hp regen every 3 seconds is quite noticeable

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Put a few hours into the Ranger today after not having played him for a few weeks …been playing Warrior. Crazy culture shock. Played a semi-glass LB. You need to be on your toes at all times. It feels like the Ranger goes from full HPs to almost none in a flash. I guess having lower hps…toughness, and not having 1600 hp regen every 3 seconds is quite noticeable

I really try to avoid playing my warrior and guardian, since I mostly play ranger (and in the past mostly played thief.) Heavy to medium just messes up your game play so bad. Warriors are good for eating sammiches while you play though.

Warrior Vs Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

I really try to avoid playing my warrior and guardian, since I mostly play ranger (and in the past mostly played thief.) Heavy to medium just messes up your game play so bad. Warriors are good for eating sammiches while you play though.

I think you just hit the nail on the head. Warriors are so used to just face tanking everything that the majority of them are very easy to outplay. I’m used to playing an engi that has crap for stun breaks, so I am used to watching their movements and knowing when to dodge, stealth, knockback, blind , etc. in order to avoid being locked down by them.

While I can’t melt people with conditions the way I could on my engi, I have found rangers to be far more forgiving with all the useful stunbreaks and evades they offer.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN