Water Field and Projectiles

in Ranger

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

For the last few builds this has not been working at all. It will display the “regeneration” but will not actually grant the regeneration upon a successful hit to the ranger. This might be a symptom of a larger problem with combo fields that have effects on the shooter as I am unable to really test the condition removal combo field since there are no private servers for me to test. Make sure to stand outside the combo field if you test it for yourself or you may mistake the regen granted by the field itself as the field is working properly.

Would like to know if other rangers have experienced this as this damages our overall survivability.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

This is why I use Troll Unguent for non-condition fights, or in teams with plenty of condition removal as it is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Projectiles which go through combo fields don’t apply their combo effects to the person shooting the projectile, they apply them to anyone who the projectile passes through after moving through the combo field. Say you have a warrior in melee with a mob and you cast Healing Spring creating a combo field for all your arrows to move through, the arrows will go through the combo field and if the warrior is between you and the mob you are shooting, they will gain regeneration. The same goes for condition removal and light combo fields, the players the projectiles pass through are the ones who receive the benefits, not the person firing the projectile.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taym.8326

Taym.8326

Shiren – it is not operating like you say using the targetting dummies and my spider. or perhaps my spider needs to jump. Also if you could link me to somewhere where it is explained by an arena-net employee how it is supposed to operative because I am extremely skeptical of a game that has PvP as its focus that it would make a single stacking regen so difficult to land on an ally (while hitting an enemy, speaking about in PvP because in PvE all things are trivial) while coordinating a blast finisher would be simple. That has me confused, so I would like to read it for myself in black and white, Thanks!

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I know that some combo fields can work with enemy projectiles (ie – smoke field) so maybe enemy projectiles going thru a water field will apply regen to us? I dunno, just a thought.
And if the mechanic works the way Shiren explained, then it’s going to be a rare occurence to get a little arrow to travel thru an ally how I want. Especially with so much mobility in this game. I hope the regen area is forgiving, like any allies within x yds of my target get regen. That’d be good.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

When you fire a projectile through a water field it provides regen to anyone it passes through AND to all allies around the target when it hits.

What you’re having a problem with is that with almost EVERY projectile you only have a 20% chance to apply the effect but it will pop up saying what effect it will apply every time. So just because it’s saying “Regen!” doesn’t mean it’s being applied.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I thought the 20% chance only applied to multi-target shots. Single arrows should apply regen 100% right?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Posted by: Arrys.7145

Arrys.7145

I thought the 20% chance only applied to multi-target shots. Single arrows should apply regen 100% right?

Different shots have different %.

Longbow 3 and 4 are 100%.
Shortbow 3,4,5 100%
Dagger – 5 100%
Axe 4 – 100% 5 Whirl 100% (On a reflection of missile I think however)

Arrys Shaikin
OoS
A whittling ranger becomes viable by forcing his opponent to whittle